Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

cimini_rich_m.jpg

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

Free-agent QB Brian Hoyer still is meeting with the Jets and undergoing an extensive medical evaluation, but he's scheduled to take a trip to the Broncos, according to a source. The Jets are aware of the Denver trip. They're still interested in Hoyer and will monitor his situation as well as that of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

>  http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Hoyer expected to make a decision soon, after visiting Jets

There was a report that the Jets wanted to wait until after the draft to see what to do with veteran free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Brian Hoyer is apparently in more of a hurry.

After meeting with the Jets yesterday and today, the Texans castoff could be close to a decision.According to Adam Caplan of ESPN, he’s expected to have a new team “quickly,” and four or five other teams are interested.

The Cowboys have suggested they might be among those teams, at the right price. But because Hoyer has proven himself a more or less stable alternative, the market for him as a backup figured to be a good one.Of course, the Jets don’t really have a starter at the moment, unless you count Geno Smith. But if Fitzpatrick is hanging out at hockey games with Jets, he’s also close enough to get the message that’s clearly being sent.

>    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/20/brian-hoyer-expected-to-make-a-decision-soon-after-visiting-jets/

Maccagnan: Jets’ focus remains on signing Ryan Fitzpatrick

The Jets visited with Brian Hoyer following his release from the Texans this week, but General Manager Mike Maccagnan said Friday that their focus at quarterback remains the same as it was at the start of the offseason.During his pre-draft press conference, Maccagnan said that the team’s goal is still to re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick after he turned in a strong 2015 season for the team and described the Hoyer visit as due diligence on an available player.

“Our focus has always been Ryan,” Maccagnan said. “We like Ryan and that’s [the contract] we’re trying to facilitate. Our focus is Ryan but then again, he’s a free agent. I think Brian Hoyer was an opportunity to look into. We like him as a prospect.”Just as the Jets’ focus remains on Fitzpatrick, the status of their attempt to re-sign him appears unchanged as well. The Jets want to pay Fitzpatrick less than Fitzpatrick wants to be paid and as long as that is the case the team has to consider Hoyer, drafting a quarterback and any other opportunity that may come along this offseason.

>    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/22/maccagnan-jets-focus-remains-on-signing-ryan-fitzpatrick/

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Has anyone of this site said we should pay Fitz 12 million?  I haven't seen anyone say that.

Yes they have...

I'm not calling anyone out but there several posters who have suggested that the Jets weren't treating Fitz well because they wont exceed to his agent's demands.

What I wanted to show is an objective analysis of Fitz without people thinking that I am insulting the wonderful job he did last year but that year in order to be valuable has to be put in context.

17 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yes they have...

I'm not calling anyone out but there several posters who have suggested that the Jets weren't treating Fitz well because they wont exceed to his agent's demands.

What I wanted to show is an objective analysis of Fitz without people thinking that I am insulting the wonderful job he did last year but that year in order to be valuable has to be put in context.

If it has been said those people are in a very great minority.  Even almost all of Fitzpatrick supporters don't think he should get 12 million.

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

So we can keep Mo?

Championship.

The whole mo thing and Fitz are no more interrelated than a guy like Giacomini being cut to get cap space.  Oh people will characterize it is omG!  We had to get rid of mo to keep fitz! 

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If it has been said those people are in a very great minority.  Even almost all of Fitzpatrick supporters don't think he should get 12 million.

And the truth is I'm a Fitz supporter and I agree that he should be paid but no more than a 10 Million base with liberal incentives that could go as high as 12 Million.....

So maybe I'm one of those crazy Fitz supporters after all :) 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

And the truth is I'm a Fitz supporter and I agree that he should be paid but no more than a 10 Million base with liberal incentives that could go as high as 12 Million.....

I'm giving you rep for facing your addiction head on, CB.

24 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Charlie no doubt Fitz is a decent QB with many flaws he had a phenomenal year here no doubt. What bothers me is the fact he has never made the playoffs in his career and choked when we needed the best out of him. 

Jump off the bandwagon Charlie dont drink the Kool-Ade. 

So maybe I'm one of those crazy Fitz supporters after all  

CB, when did you become a kool aide guzzler?

The Jets would be wasting another year if they go with Fitz.

You do realize that Fitz was ranked in the bottom 25% of the majority of QB measures last year?

Amazing what two quality WR's can do for a below average QB.

25 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

He is not worth any more than he was last year. This is like McCown all over again. No one else is going to give him 7 mil. 

I want him back. He's a good guy. He knows our system, and we know the chemistry works here so I would give him a raise to two years 16 mil, but no more. Maybe conservative incentives, like SB appearance 2 mil. SB win 3 mil. 

On 4/17/2016 at 6:01 PM, joewilly12 said:

The only reason I can figure you are here on a Jets board is because you might swing that way and you are too scared to come out of closet with your Patriots posse. 

Just saying. 

No offense intended Joe, but you should be nice to Tx, he's one of the few posters on the bord that sides with ya in the Fitz/smith situation. :)

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

No offense intended Joe, but you should be nice to Tx, he's one of the few posters on the bord that sides with ya in the Fitz/smith situation. :)

TX knows I'm only kidding no harm no foul. Isn't it a shame though other Jets fans cant see that Fitz isn't the answer. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

TX knows I'm only kidding no harm no foul. Isn't it a shame though other Jets fans cant see that Fitz isn't the answer. 

Did it ever cross your mind that having a Pats troll on your side might not be a good thing?

40 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Good grief...If The Jets sign Fitz it is idiotic

11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Did it ever cross your mind that having a Pats troll on your side might not be a good thing?

The Jets failed to make the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the league with Fitzpatrick at QB, I base success on making the playoffs the Bills game brought out the real QB in Fitz. If he's the QB I support him and root for the best even though I know he's not the answer. 

The Jets failed to make the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the league with Fitzpatrick at QB, I base success on making the playoffs the Bills game brought out the real QB in Fitz. If he's the QB I support him and root for the best even though I know he's not the answer. 

Here's the deal with the Fitz lovers who have wet dreams every night.

Last year, Fitz threw for 31 TD's and 3,905 yards, the best QB single season since Namath for the Jets.

Those 31 TD's ranked 11th in the league.

Those 3,905 yards ranked 15th in the league.

What do Bortles, Tannehill, McCowen, Gabbert, Hoyer, and Smith have in common?

They all had a better QB rating than Fitz last year.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Here's the deal with the Fitz lovers who have wet dreams every night.

Last year, Fitz threw for 31 TD's and 3,905 yards, the best QB single season since Namath for the Jets.

Those 31 TD's ranked 11th in the league.

Those 3,905 yards ranked 15th in the league.

What do Bortles, Tannehill, McCowen, Gabbert, Hoyer, and Smith have in common?

They all had a better QB rating than Fitz last year.

Heres what the Fitzpatrick supporters must be wearing :D

42c2fac596c2e8ed5f07b20dab63c6a1.jpg

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

CB, when did you become a kool aide guzzler?

The Jets would be wasting another year if they go with Fitz.

You do realize that Fitz was ranked in the bottom 25% of the majority of QB measures last year?

Amazing what two quality WR's can do for a below average QB.

You are smarter than this. 

Fitz is simply a placeholder in order that the Jets are competitive next year while they continue to groom Petty and the other QB that they bring in here.

IMO this is why Fitz is crucial to the Jets plans, because they know that he was one of the few QBs in the NFL who could and would act as a real mentor to those underneath him. 

The Jets are looking to be competitive next year and to really be ready in 2017 to make a run for it. 

The moving up in the draft isn't a knock on Petty at all but a shrewd move by the Jets to have multiple players ready for 2017 run.

Macc and Bowles wont admit it but they are improving the team this year for sure but they know anything this year is gravy the real meat and potatoes are next year when the team will have a quality starting QB and a quality young back-up as well. 

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Fitz is simply a placeholder in order that the Jets are competitive next year while they continue to groom Petty and the other QB that they bring in here.

IMO this is why Fitz is crucial to the Jets plans, because they know that he was one of the few QBs in the NFL who could and would act as a real mentor to those underneath him. 

The Jets are looking to be competitive next year and to really be ready in 2017 to make a run for it. 

The moving up in the draft isn't a knock on Petty at all but a shrewd move by the Jets to have multiple players ready for 2017 run.

Macc and Bowles wont admit it but they are improving the team this year for sure but they know anything this year is gravy the real meat and potatoes are next year when the team will have a quality starting QB and a quality young back-up as well. 

CB here will be most of the team waiting for that moment. 

5022195-old-men-with-cane-vector-Stock-V

Just now, joewilly12 said:

CB here will be most of the team waiting for that moment. 

5022195-old-men-with-cane-vector-Stock-V

I hear ya....

I've been a fan since 1968 so I have been waiting a long time as well for that second SB.

I just think that you can't rush the organization of a team absent stupid luck and the Jets have been counting on lucky for almost half a century and that way hasn't seemed to have worked yet....

So let's try a plan....

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

I hear ya....

I've been a fan since 1968 so I have been waiting a long time as well for that second SB.

I just think that you can't rush the organization of a team absent stupid luck and the Jets have been counting on lucky for almost half a century and that way hasn't seemed to have worked yet....

So let's try a plan....

Rush the organization?  Ive been asked not to repeat my famous saying but its been a longtime I dont think anyone is rushing anything we are all getting frustrated. 

The Jets fan base is the best in the world with the most resilient fans. 

We are hungry for the big win.

You are the last poster I would ever get into a pissing match with. (I ended my sentence with a preposition, let's see if if the loser on the board calls me out).

Let's just say we disagree CB, and move on.

30 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

You are the last poster I would ever get into a pissing match with. (I ended my sentence with a preposition, let's see if if the loser on the board calls me out).

Let's just say we disagree CB, and move on.

You know I am having fun and I defintelyrespect your opinion.

Lets just say we have to have a quality QB, a game changer and leave it at that...:D

Everyone knows that an NFL team can not win without a very good QB, period..

You get to :box: me anytime you want my friend, just let my next of kin know I was happy....:rip:

Archived