Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On April 23, 2016 at 4:09 PM, PatsFanTX said:

Why would you even want to pay him for 1 year?

He'd give the Jets 5-7 wins next year.

Hell, Petty can deliver that.

Thanks for your concern about our team even though the orgs are enemies. If we listen to you we would again be a 4-12 team. So I'll stick with Fitz ?. I think your team should start Garappolo over Brady. And as for Jaws saying Fitz shouldn't get another nickel. Doesn't that kind of break the unwritten code of players and ex-players in terms of talking about somebody else's contract. I wonder how many completions he had thanks to Harold Carmichael. I doubt he gave money back to the Eagles when he was bailed out. 

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Well... In most execs mind, JAWS is right.  No one is paying the 6 team journeyman big money.

best JETS QB stats???  Like being the tallest midget. 

I agree with Jaws on Fitz it's just his praise of Clemens at that time I always find funny..:)

Jaws always talks about how he watches "every throw" a QB makes on tape.  Reminds me of when people tell you about their work experience, and when you add up all the years they say they worked for certain places, it adds up to like 97 years even though they're only 60.  Stop lying, Jaws.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Jaws always talks about how he watches "every throw" a QB makes on tape.  Reminds me of when people tell you about their work experience, and when you add up all the years they say they worked for certain places, it adds up to like 97 years even though they're only 60.  Stop lying, Jaws.

I always get a kick out of Jet fans that say they have been fans for 20 years and they are only 19 and a few months old but then I forgot to add in the time spent in the womb..;)

Just now, Savage69 said:

I always get a kick out of Jet fans that say they have been fans for 20 years and they are only 19 and a few months old but then I forgot to add in the time spent in the womb..;)

Exactly.  No one can honestly say they were a football fan before the age of about 9-10.  At or before that age you're just picking a team because your Dad told you to or because they won the most recent Super Bowl. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  No one can honestly say they were a football fan before the age of about 9-10.  At or before that age you're just picking a team because your Dad told you to or because they won the most recent Super Bowl. 

I can, I can remember back to the season I was 7/8 yrs old.  Vividly remember most of the games.  I do agree it is rare but it can happen.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

+1 Kids should follow the team that they like not one just to please Dad.. I never had a favorite team until I was 16 when the AFL started with their wide open passing game and became a Titan fan..

5 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

+1 Kids should follow the team that they like not one just to please Dad.. I never had a favorite team until I was 16 when the AFL started with their wide open passing game and became a Titan fan..

I like tradition, following what your family likes.  

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I wasn't forced to be a Jet fan but I am glad I followed the family on this one despite never seeing a Super Bowl.  I wouldn't trade any of my teams.

Funny story about Jan 12th 1969 Super Bowl Sunday 2 days before my birthday.. I was dating a hot nurse at the time and right before the game was about to start she was at the front door in a fur coat opened it up and had Happy Birthday written on her naked body.. I said are you out of your F-ing mind the Super Bowl is on..She started crying and ran to her car and I never saw her again but with a underdog Bowl win who cared..;)

The Rams are going to add a quarterback on Thursday night with the first pick of the draft.They may delete one from the roster before the week is out as well. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that “several teams” are interested in acquiring Foles.Foles was acquired in the trade with the Eagles for Sam Bradford last year and signed an extension with the Rams in August before opening the season as the Rams’ starter. Foles did not play well in 11 starts before giving way to Case Keenum, however, and the Rams also have 2015 third-round pick Sean Mannion on the depth chart.

With Keenum running ahead of Foles as a possibility to start if Jared Goff, who looks like he will be the Rams’ choice on Thursday, isn’t ready to go at the start of the season, moving Foles would give the Rams the chance to add a draft pick after sending several to the Titans in the trade for the first pick.The Broncos and Jets are currently without surefire starters, although the market for Foles may tilt more toward teams looking for backups after he flopped last season.

>    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/25/report-several-teams-interested-in-nick-foles/

Ron Jaworski knows a bit about NFL quarterbacks. After all, he was a pretty good one during his heyday, and now he’s paid by ESPN to analyze and breakdown present QB’s film.

His opinion, as a result, is valued by many. Which is why his recent quotes on Jets free-agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick are a bit. . . startling.

Jaworski called the Fitzpatrick’s success in 2015 a “mirage,” and that was just the beginning of his ripping.

A little background, in case you just happened to emerge from under a rock: Fitzpatrick, ever since the 2015 season came to a close, has been a bit of a hot topic, and sore subject, when mentioned in the same sentence as the Jets. Locked in an ugly contract dispute with the team, Fitzpatrick is still a free agent.

Having been told he’s the Jets “unquestioned starting quarterback,” Fitzpatrick wants to be paid like an “unquestioned starting quarterback.”

The Jets, knowing no other team is willing to offer Fitzpatrick his desired salary, are offering him a contractual value way below Fitzpatrick’s asking price.

The result has been no deal getting done, despite the fact many view Fitzpatrick and the Jets as the perfect marriage.

Well, “many” being anyone not named Ron Jaworski.

The NFL analyst recently spent time looking over, as he claims, every throw Fitzpatrick made. He came away rather unimpressed.

“Stats are one thing,” Jaworski said. “You look at the stats and you see 15 interceptions. When you look at the tape, you see 30 balls that could have been intercepted.

“He’s not very careful with the ball. At times he’s careless with the football and wildly inaccurate.”

For many on the outside looking in, Jaworski’s comments seem a bit wild. After all, Fitzpatrick is coming off a season in which he set the Jets single-season passing touchdown record (31), and finished second in passing yards (3,905). He also led the team to 10 wins, their most since the 2010 season.

But, as Jaworski highlighted, those stats tell a Cinderella-like fairy tale. The film is a bit of a nightmare horror.

“To me he’s kind of a mirage,” Jaworski said. “You get caught up in the wins and numbers but when you look at the tape, I just don’t see it”

So, does this mean the Jets shouldn’t sign Fitzpatrick? Eh, probably not. After all, he’s still the team’s best option.

But should they overpay for him? Well. . .

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Ron Jaworski knows a bit about NFL quarterbacks. After all, he was a pretty good one during his heyday, and now he’s paid by ESPN to analyze and breakdown present QB’s film.

His opinion, as a result, is valued by many. Which is why his recent quotes on Jets free-agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick are a bit. . . startling.

Jaworski called the Fitzpatrick’s success in 2015 a “mirage,” and that was just the beginning of his ripping.

A little background, in case you just happened to emerge from under a rock: Fitzpatrick, ever since the 2015 season came to a close, has been a bit of a hot topic, and sore subject, when mentioned in the same sentence as the Jets. Locked in an ugly contract dispute with the team, Fitzpatrick is still a free agent.

Having been told he’s the Jets “unquestioned starting quarterback,” Fitzpatrick wants to be paid like an “unquestioned starting quarterback.”

The Jets, knowing no other team is willing to offer Fitzpatrick his desired salary, are offering him a contractual value way below Fitzpatrick’s asking price.

The result has been no deal getting done, despite the fact many view Fitzpatrick and the Jets as the perfect marriage.

The NFL analyst recently spent time looking over, as he claims, every throw Fitzpatrick made. He came away rather unimpressed.

“Stats are one thing,” Jaworski said. “You look at the stats and you see 15 interceptions. When you look at the tape, you see 30 balls that could have been intercepted.

“He’s not very careful with the ball. At times he’s careless with the football and wildly inaccurate.”

For many on the outside looking in, Jaworski’s comments seem a bit wild. After all, Fitzpatrick is coming off a season in which he set the Jets single-season passing touchdown record (31), and finished second in passing yards (3,905). He also led the team to 10 wins, their most since the 2010 season.

But, as Jaworski highlighted, those stats tell a Cinderella-like fairy tale. The film is a bit of a nightmare horror.

“To me he’s kind of a mirage,” Jaworski said. “You get caught up in the wins and numbers but when you look at the tape, I just don’t see it”

So, does this mean the Jets shouldn’t sign Fitzpatrick? Eh, probably not. After all, he’s still the team’s best option.

I don't disagree with Jaws here, but Kellen Clemens

Ron Jaworski knows a bit about NFL quarterbacks. After all, he was a pretty good one during his heyday, and now he’s paid by ESPN to analyze and breakdown present QB’s film.His opinion, as a result, is valued by many. Which is why his recent quotes on Jets free-agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick are a bit. . . startling.Jaworski called the Fitzpatrick’s success in 2015 a “mirage,” and that was just the beginning of his ripping.

A little background, in case you just happened to emerge from under a rock: Fitzpatrick, ever since the 2015 season came to a close, has been a bit of a hot topic, and sore subject, when mentioned in the same sentence as the Jets. Locked in an ugly contract dispute with the team, Fitzpatrick is still a free agent.Having been told he’s the Jets “unquestioned starting quarterback,” Fitzpatrick wants to be paid like an “unquestioned starting quarterback.”

The Jets, knowing no other team is willing to offer Fitzpatrick his desired salary, are offering him a contractual value way below Fitzpatrick’s asking price.The result has been no deal getting done, despite the fact many viewFitzpatrick and the Jets as the perfect marriage.

The NFL analyst recently spent time looking over, as he claims, every throw Fitzpatrick made. He came away rather unimpressed.“Stats are one thing,” Jaworski said. “You look at the stats and you see 15 interceptions. When you look at the tape, you see 30 balls that could have been intercepted.“He’s not very careful with the ball. At times he’s careless with the football and wildly inaccurate.”

For many on the outside looking in, Jaworski’s comments seem a bit wild. After all, Fitzpatrick is coming off a season in which he set the Jets single-season passing touchdown record (31), and finished second in passing yards (3,905). He also led the team to 10 wins, their most since the 2010 season.But, as Jaworski highlighted, those stats tell a Cinderella-like fairy tale. The film is a bit of a nightmare horror.

“To me he’s kind of a mirage,” Jaworski said. “You get caught up in the wins and numbers but when you look at the tape, I just don’t see it”So, does this mean the Jets shouldn’t sign Fitzpatrick? Eh, probably not. After all, he’s still the team’s best option.

>     http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2016/04/25/ron-jaworski-rips-ryan-fitzpatrick-says-qb-could-have-thrown-30-ints-in-2015/

The quarterback market is on hold, and several teams now either await the results of the NFL Draft before making another move or will use a high pick on a quarterback.ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Wednesday night that free agent Brian Hoyer will wait until after the draft to decide on his next team. That was fairly obvious given that the draft is 24 hours away and that Hoyer is now a week removed from visitswith the Jets and Broncos.

The Jets-Ryan Fitzpatrick staredown continues, and the Broncos haven’t been in a hurry to add a quarterback since losing Brock Osweiler to the Texans and Peyton Manning to retirement. A Denver TV report Wednesday said there have been no new talks between the Broncos and 49ers regarding Colin Kaepernick.The draft’s top two picks, by the Rams and Eagles, are expected to be quarterbacksJared Goff and Carson Wentz. Paxton Lynch is expected to be the next quarterback taken, and the pre-draft rumor mill has presented the thought thatConnor Cook and/or Christian Hackenberg could be first-round picks, too.

Stranger things have happened. Maybe.

The 49ers, Browns, Jets, Cowboys, Bills, Saints and Broncos are among the other teams that have been linked — even if only by various rumors — to quarterbacks at some point early in the draft. The Patriots will need to add a quarterback with the news of Tom Brady’s suspension being reinstated. Sam Bradford wants out of Philadelphia.

Maybe Fitzpatrick and the Jets will simply make up. Maybe Hoyer will have limitedoptions come Saturday. A whole bunch of options seem to be in play as the draft begins.

>      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/27/hoyer-whole-qb-market-on-hold-until-draft-unfolds/

I think the Jets and Fitz already have a deal in place and are simply holding it back for strategic purposes.  This is a stealthy Front Office these days, and other teams not knowing we have Fitz locked down already (in principle) helps the Jets strategize the draft and inflates teh value of our picks in say, Lynch falls to us and someone else wants him.

Fitz will be our #1 QB in 2016, I still believe that.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think the Jets and Fitz already have a deal in place and are simply holding it back for strategic purposes.  This is a stealthy Front Office these days, and other teams not knowing we have Fitz locked down already (in principle) helps the Jets strategize the draft and inflates teh value of our picks in say, Lynch falls to us and someone else wants him.

I heard Michael Kay saying that Fitz was asking for 16 mil. I don't know where gets his info and find it hard to believe it's true even though he has the same agent as Osweiler. Maybe Fitz wants 16 mil guaranteed which if on a 2 year deal is not unreasonable. Mac is putting his head on the chopping block if he doesn't sign him and the team takes a giant step back. So I think you could be right they're just waiting to clear the space. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Great points, but I just have a feeling that the Fitz ship has sailed. I really feel that when Brick retired and the $ was used to sign Clady, and not Fitz, that the deal was sealed. But, your argument has put a 'reasonable doubt' in my mind, that's for sure.

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

thats because you live in a delusional fantasy land where the world revolves around Ryan Fitzpatrick. But keep believing your nonsense if it makes you happy

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I heard Michael Kay saying that Fitz was asking for 16 mil. I don't know where gets his info and find it hard to believe it's true even though he has the same agent as Osweiler. Maybe Fitz wants 16 mil guaranteed which if on a 2 year deal is not unreasonable. Mac is putting his head on the chopping block if he doesn't sign him and the team takes a giant step back. So I think you could be right they're just waiting to clear the space. 

I'm not sure about that. Most experts and fans are prepared for a step back in 2016 because of the schedule. I think it comes down more to if the young talent that he drafts develops

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm not sure about that. Most experts and fans are prepared for a step back in 2016 because of the schedule. I think it comes down more to if the young talent that he drafts develops

I don't agree with this schedule stuff. We don't know which teams are really going to be good in 2016. Last year the Jets were coming off of a 4-12 and we were considered cream puffs. And the Panthers who were the best regular season team in '15 had a losing record in '14. I expect us to compete in '16 but imo our best chance for success is for Fitz to return. 

On 4/13/2016 at 7:33 PM, Charlie Brown said:

So now Fitz is potentially "insulted" with an offer of $8 to $10 Million dollars when Brady makes $9 Million. 

The Jets are "insulting" a guy who won ten games for the first time in his career for whatever reason by making it possible for him to make that kind of money. Insulting him  

Retire then.   

Cause you won't easily see that "insult" in money terms after you leave the NFL I can garantree him that.   

You'd think that the Jets were paying him food stamps the way some out here act   

Good Grief 

Goodness gracious Charlie Brown, Fitz isn't also getting paid an additional salary under the table to circumvent the salary cap!

33 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't agree with this schedule stuff. We don't know which teams are really going to be good in 2016. Last year the Jets were coming off of a 4-12 and we were considered cream puffs. And the Panthers who were the best regular season team in '15 had a losing record in '14. I expect us to compete in '16 but imo our best chance for success is for Fitz to return. 

100% this.

Whether we're good or not this season I have no idea. But I certainly think we're planning with the belief that we will be.

Fitzpatrick will be back. What he's asking for is pretty irrelevant as long as no one is willing to pay it. He either lowers his demands or he retires. 

Archived