Gather your pitchforks, light your torches...

sirlancemehlot

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, jetrider said:

And if Fitz goes on early season-ending IR and Geno takes over the bet stands.

OK. The loser pays the board or some other charity? So really we are talking about a range of wins from 0-to say 8 probably? The 20th pick is most normally the very last playoff team. So in order for me to win this bet, the Jets would have to win an amount of games so they would get the 9th overall pick or better. You win if the Jets get the 11th overall pick or later, correct? No one wins in a tie so the 10th overall means nothing?

2 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Sure I'm in. $50 says the Jets are closer to the playoffs than the 1st pick no matter who the starter is. Tie goes to no one. 

I meant this post for you , not Jetrider......

OK. The loser pays the board or some other charity? So really we are talking about a range of wins from 0-to say 8 probably? The 20th pick is most normally the very last playoff team. So in order for me to win this bet, the Jets would have to win an amount of games so they would get the 9th overall pick or better. You win if the Jets get the 11th overall pick or later, correct? No one wins in a tie so the 10th overall means nothing?

On 3/8/2016 at 0:04 PM, sirlancemehlot said:

Because I'm going to do the unthinkable.  Criticize Mike Macagnan.  I hated Tannenbaum because he pissed away money (read: cap space) like a drunken sailor.  Well.  Idzik, love him or hate him, he fixed the Tannenbaum problem.  He cut dead weight,  signed very few, and turned the Jets cap into one of the best situations in the league, from one of the worst.  One year removed and we're in the worst cap hell in the league.  And we're about to lose our starting running back, nose tackle, quarterback, and already cut our #2 corner.  This isn't Idzik vs. Mac.  It's Mac vs. 31 other GM's in the league.  Take a deep breath now, and give me running start...Mac did a bad job.  

If only they gave the lombardi to the team with the most cap space, Idzik would be Canton bound

10 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

I meant this post for you , not Jetrider......

The Jets had the 20th pick this year. It's the 21st pick and later that made the playoffs. So simple, really. Top ten pick you win, later than that you lose. 

21 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets had the 20th pick this year. It's the 21st pick and later that made the playoffs. So simple, really. Top ten pick you win, later than that you lose. 

Actually I thought it was different this season because the Patsies lost their 1st round draft because of deflategate? But I get it now. And it doesn't change the terms of the bet any? So why are you interjecting?

6 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

Actually I thought it was different this season because the Patsies lost their 1st round draft because of deflategate? But I get it now. And it doesn't change the terms of the bet any? So why are you interjecting?

Because I enjoyed pointing out that you were wrong...  ?

2 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

STFU it's none of your business. And it's the ONLY time I will be wrong pertaining to this issue.

Everything posted to the public board is everyone's business. So right there, you were wrong a second time. That didn't take long at all. 

9 hours ago, legler82 said:

It can't be a rebuild only when it's convenient.  If this is a rebuild, stop signing 30+ years old vets and trading picks.  The truth of the matter, we only hear the word "rebuild" from homer fans.  I have yet to hear, read or see anything from the current FO that supports this claim.  Everything they've done suggests the opposite; it seems we are more of a win now mode.

Clearly you are correct that the available evidence is that the FO does NOT view the team as being in anything close to a classic rebuild situation.

I think the best way to look at it is that they are trying to put the best team they can on the field EXCEPT that they do not want to do that with contracts that become dead weights in the out years.

56 minutes ago, slats said:

Everything posted to the public board is everyone's business. So right there, you were wrong a second time. That didn't take long at all. 

So you say, because you so desperately want to be right around me. Are you my biggest fan? I think you must be.

2 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

So you say, because you so desperately want to be right around me. Are you my biggest fan? I think you must be.

I'm really not a fan at all, so wrong again. 

10 hours ago, Mainejet said:

OK. That sounds good. I believe Fitz will resign and hence the bet will also be in play. But based on their schedule and what little good Mac did for this roster in the offseason, I still think 6 games is their absolute best. Your choice 50 or 100?

And ahhhh, the truth comes out from an unassuming fan about Geno! Geno sucks and I don't believe anyone would want to bet assuming that creep were the QB.

Look the thing with Geno is he's a question mark. It's intriguing with him but our team is not in a developmental league. We are trying to win now. The guy imo and the players opinion that gives us our best chance to win is Fitz. So we'll do a fifty to charity of the winner's choice. I win if the Jets make the playoffs. You win if we don't. No Fitz bet is off. 

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

Clearly you are correct that the available evidence is that the FO does NOT view the team as being in anything close to a classic rebuild situation.

I think the best way to look at it is that they are trying to put the best team they can on the field EXCEPT that they do not want to do that with contracts that become dead weights in the out years.

I agree but I don't believe a two year deal for Fitz with something like 16 guaranteed is going to be dead weight. To me it seems like a fair, market deal based on what he did last season. 

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I agree but I don't believe a two year deal for Fitz with something like 16 guaranteed is going to be dead weight. To me it seems like a fair, market deal based on what he did last season. 

Yes, I would make that deal if I was in the Jet FO.

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look the thing with Geno is he's a question mark. It's intriguing with him but our team is not in a developmental league. We are trying to win now. The guy imo and the players opinion that gives us our best chance to win is Fitz. So we'll do a fifty to charity of the winner's choice. I win if the Jets make the playoffs. You win if we don't. No Fitz bet is off. 

Unless the Jets D can play on the level of Denver's last season I can't see a winning season in 2016.. Our schedule is tougher so unless the players drafted and everyone else plays on a elite pace I can't see anything better then 8-8.. Of course I would love to be wrong..:)

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Unless the Jets D can play on the level of Denver's last season I can't see a winning season in 2016.. Our schedule is tougher so unless the players drafted and everyone else plays on a elite pace I can't see anything better then 8-8.. Of course I would love to be wrong..:)

I think we'll compete, I think the D needs to be better but we'll compete.  it won't be 2014 all over again but I don't see a playoff app.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I think we'll compete, I think the D needs to be better but we'll compete.  it won't be 2014 all over again but I don't see a playoff app.

So more like 2013 and 8-8?? LOL I didn't say we wouldn't compete I just said we won't have a winning season unless the D plays lights out Elite..

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

So more like 2013 and 8-8?? LOL I didn't say we wouldn't compete I just said we won't have a winning season unless the D plays lights out Elite..

there's a lot more talent than 2013 so an 8-8 record might be the same but I think we'd be better but yeah I'd expect 7-9 wins assuming Fitz is back though a lot can and will change btw now and the season.

46 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Look, I would say the Jets Qb play in 2015 was better than Denver's. Our D is not as good as their's is and we lost Snacks and maybe even Wilk if they trade him. It's a new year and different teams can emerge and be a lot better than expected. That's why strength of schedule to me is imprecise. Most of these teams are pretty close and many games decided by a few points and sometimes luck. 

50 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Yes, I would make that deal if I was in the Jet FO.

To me the 16 is guaranteed over 2 years. So I'm thinking a 2 year for 20 with another 2 mil (in incentives-like making the playoffs). This is not a back breaker contract for a starting Qb coming off of a good year. 

3 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Sounds good to me. Consider my hand shaken. Winner decides where the money goes...Within reason. 

• 11 months later...
On 3/9/2016 at 11:04 AM, sirlancemehlot said:

Because I'm going to do the unthinkable.  Criticize Mike Macagnan.  I hated Tannenbaum because he pissed away money (read: cap space) like a drunken sailor.  Well.  Idzik, love him or hate him, he fixed the Tannenbaum problem.  He cut dead weight,  signed very few, and turned the Jets cap into one of the best situations in the league, from one of the worst.  One year removed and we're in the worst cap hell in the league.  And we're about to lose our starting running back, nose tackle, quarterback, and already cut our #2 corner.  This isn't Idzik vs. Mac.  It's Mac vs. 31 other GM's in the league.  Take a deep breath now, and give me running start...Mac did a bad job.  

Lance, you're spot on. Mac knows how to piss away cap space

On 3/9/2016 at 0:04 PM, sirlancemehlot said:

One-percenter-businessman-warns-The-pitchforks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats.jpg

On 3/9/2016 at 0:04 PM, sirlancemehlot said:

idzik did the unthinkable, whiff on all but 3 draft picks.  anyone could cut cap space and whiff on so many draft choices.  so much for cleaning house and clearing cap space. jury's still out on mac.  if hack is a good qb, mac will win gm of the year again.

Archived