Sanchez traded to Broncos!

pointman

4 hours ago, jetrider said:

Who cares? It's pointless to compare an 11-year vet of today to a rookie of seven years ago.

But to play along, Fitz still might've choked.

In fact, he just did with a more star-studded cast on the 2015 Jets. That much we know with 100% certainty.

+1

Sanchez never choked, in fact he played his very best football in the biggest spots. 

SAR I

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

and what happened on the drive before the INT and the drive after the INT?

stop acting clueless and I won't have to call you out

You mean what happened after the most important play of the game?

the one you never list when talking about hat game? 

Dont ever tell anyone to quit, who are you?  And clueless.  Lol, GFY 

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

No, he was "ruined" by Rex. Get it straight.

:P

And Tanny.  Gave him the leagues best OL, best running game, best defense, added Braylon, Holmes and Keller but other than that did nothing to help him.  

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We don't know what Fitz is asking for.  We only know he didn't like being paid like a backup.  And why should he, when a scrub like Brock Osweiler is making almost 3 times that amount? 

He's not greedy.  He's a starter.  And wants to be paid like one.

Well it's being reported that he was offered in the 10 mil per neighborhood and he wanted more in light of Bradfords deal.  

If true

1. That's not backup money.

2. He has no prospect of developing or being a long term solution so isn't worth Osweiler money to a team. 

3.  Makes him a pig who thought he could hold up the Jets and overplayed his hand

10 hours ago, jgb said:

It tells us absolutely nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I t tells us Elway+Kubiak really don't want either to be their starter, and that Sanchez was much cheaper plus the cost to get him was negligible (pick 32 in round 7).

At least from the reporting dateline, Fitz's agent was called before the Eagles' GM, and it would seem - at least until every other option has been exhausted - Fitz was simply more expensive than they wanted to pay for him to be their "if all else fails" starter. Adding Fitz means they can't afford another (better/higher upside) veteran this year to relegate Fitz to #2. Denver doesn't really want either to be their starter, but Fitz was just too much $.

Plenty of headlines along the lines of "Broncos so desperate for a QB they trade with Eagles for Mark Sanchez" and "Eagles dump Sanchez onto Denver" -- in other words, nobody - including Denver - wants Sanchez to be their starter, but he's just too expensive for the Eagles to keep as their #3, and a conditional 7th was the most anyone would give them for him.

At best Sanchez is/was their 7th choice to start for them:

1. Manning (retired)
  2. Osweiller (too expensive)
  3. Kaepernick (trade compensation too high on top of high $ but they're still trying to work something out for him)
  4. Fitzpatrick (too expensive to be their backup plan)
  5. RGIII (they reportedly think he'd fit well in their system, but will probably be too expensive)
  6. 2016 draft pick (also may still happen, but what if he's not ready week 1 or no one they like is available with pick #32 or later?)
  7. Mark Sanchez (as cheap as they get in the NFL for a former multi-year starter, former top 5 pick, still does have good physical talent [I mean from the neck down], still under 30 years old)

Denver still would rather have, and are still considering, their best choice among options 3-6. Elway and Kubiak still have no desire to go into the season with Sanchez as their starter. That much is obvious. 

It would be shocking if Mark is their starter. I can't see Sanchez surviving under Elway unless there is a complete turnaround in his game.And I don't believe that's possible. They won't tolerate the breakdowns. But for Mark's fans I guess this is exoneration: two elite offensive minds, Chip and Elway (plus Kubiak) have both obtained Mark's services. To them this proves they're right.

20 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He LOST 2 AFC Championship games in a row STOP

Mark Sanchez

2009 AFCCG:  17 of 30, 257 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

2010 AFCCG:  20 of 33, 233 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

The Jets defense lost two AFC Championship Games.  Mark was the best Jet on the field both games.

Mark Sanchez

2009 Playoffs:  41 of 68, 539 yards, 4 TD, 2 INT, 3 Game Playoff QBR 92.7

2010 Playoffs:  54 of 89, 616 yards, 5 TD, 1 INT, 3 Game Playoff QBR 95.5

Vinny Testaverde

1998 Playoffs:  55 of 88, 640 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 2 Game Playoff QBR 74.1

Joe Namath

1968 Playoffs:  36 of 77, 472 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT, 2 Game Playoff QBR 74.2

Don't make me put Todd, O'Brien, or Pennington up there.  I'd take Mark Sanchez playoff numbers over any other Jets quarterback.  You should too.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez

The Jets defense lost two AFC Championship Games.  Mark was the best Jet on the field both games.

Mark Sanchez

Vinny Testaverde

Joe Namath

Don't make me put Todd, O'Brien, or Pennington up there.  I'd take Mark Sanchez playoff numbers over any other Jets quarterback.  You should too.

SAR I

SAR I really dude. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I really dude. 

I'm sorry the facts don't support your theory, bro.  Would be easier for you if they did.  This isn't a PSL argument which is subjective.  We have facts here.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I'm sorry the facts don't support your theory, bro.  Would be easier for you if they did.  This isn't a PSL argument which is subjective.  We have facts here.

SAR I

Bottom line the Jets played in 2 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP games he was the QB in both 2 and we lost. 

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez

Vinny Testaverde

Joe Namath

SAR I

If Fitz gets all the blame for losing his biggest game, Sanchez gets 100% of the blame for losing his biggest games.  All he needed to do was not hand the Steelers an easy TD and Jets likely go to the Super Bowl.  Defense gave up 17 points and got 2 back on a safety....Sanchez just had to net 16 points for the win, but that was too much to ask.  

all you need to know about the chez' reputation around the league is that elways announcement tweet came with an immediate disclaimer that he is not being named the starter, as if to avoid broncos fans rioting in the streets

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

all you need to know about the chez' reputation around the league is that elways announcement tweet came with an immediate disclaimer that he is not being named the starter, as if to avoid broncos fans rioting in the streets

Followed by immediate speculation that he was acquired to be shipped off to Chip Kelly in San Fran.  Nobody even believes Denver wants him.

25 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If Fitz gets all the blame for losing his biggest game, Sanchez gets 100% of the blame for losing his biggest games.  All he needed to do was not hand the Steelers an easy TD and Jets likely go to the Super Bowl.  Defense gave up 17 points and got 2 back on a safety....Sanchez just had to net 16 points for the win, but that was too much to ask.  

I don't think either were solely to blame for their biggest games. Fitz made a really bad pass, the team played like dog crap overall, it's amazing how Jets fans want to pin the whole loss on Fitz.

The defense lost both AFCC games, Sanchez didn't do enough to overcome sh*t defense in both games.

4 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I don't think either were solely to blame for their biggest games. Fitz made a really bad pass, the team played like dog crap overall, it's amazing how Jets fans want to pin the whole loss on Fitz.

The defense lost both AFCC games, Sanchez didn't do enough to overcome sh*t defense in both games.

I respectfully disagree.  Giving up 15 points to a HOF QB on the road in the playoffs is a pretty good day IMO.  They looked bad early, allowed 17 points (plus safety) when all was said and done.  Sanchez needed to protect the ball and score 16 points.  He failed.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Bottom line the Jets played in 2 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP games he was the QB in both 2 and we lost. 

If Tom Brady had Rex Ryan's 2009 and 2010 defenses in Super Bowl appearances, he'd be 0-6.

The quarterback was not the reason we lost back to back AFCCG's.  Mark's numbers were spectacular, more than good enough to win two Championship games, especially considering we were not built to win in the air.  As you well know, we were built on the theory that a power running game and a ferocious defense could win a Championship.

Say what you want about Mark's 2009 regular season (rookie) and say what you want about Mark's 2012 regular season (Sparano) but you cannot say a disparaging word about his 2010 regular season (11-5, with 5 epic Sanchez 4Q comebacks) and his two postseasons (4-2 on the road, 94.2 QBR) without looking stupid.

I swear, you Mets fans see a Buttfumble, get all embarrassed, and look for a scapegoat.  It's what you're programmed to do.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If Tom Brady had Rex Ryan's 2009 and 2010 defenses in Super Bowl appearances, he'd be 0-6.

The quarterback was not the reason we lost back to back AFCCG's.  Mark's numbers were spectacular, more than good enough to win two Championship games, especially considering we were not built to win in the air.  As you well know, we were built on the theory that a power running game and a ferocious defense could win a Championship.

Say what you want about Mark's 2009 regular season (rookie) and say what you want about Mark's 2012 regular season (Sparano) but you cannot say a disparaging word about his 2010 regular season (11-5, with 5 epic Sanchez comebacks) and his two postseasons without looking stupid.

I swear, you Mets fans see a Buttfumble, get all embarrassed, and look for a scapegoat.  It's what you're programmed to do.

SAR I

that time he got shut out in the 2nd half tho......rex ?

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Stop, everyone knows that blindside fumble TD was not on Mark.  Ike Taylor blew through D'Bust like he was butter.

The Steelers destroyed our defense thoroughly in the first half, they had the ball forever, our offense couldn't get on the field or get in rhythm.  They took it easy on us in the second half just trying to avoid mistakes.  When Sanchez led us towards a comeback and got us within striking distance, Roethlisberger went right through the defense at will, just like in the first half.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Stop, everyone knows that blindside fumble TD was not on Mark.  Ike Taylor blew through D'Bust like he was butter.

The Steelers destroyed our defense thoroughly in the first half, they had the ball forever, our offense couldn't get on the field or get in rhythm.  They took it easy on us in the second half just trying to avoid mistakes.  When Sanchez led us towards a comeback and got us within striking distance, Roethlisberger went right through the defense at will, just like in the first half.

SAR I

Defense plays poorly and it's their fault.  Sanchez stinks it up?  That's the defense's fault too.  Sounds legit.

53 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Fitzpatrick didn't lose the game in Buffalo.  He forced that endzone throw because, just like 2009 and 2010, the defense couldn't stop a cold, Buffalo had the ball forever, the D got us no field position on a windy day, and the offense couldn't get in rhythm.

The defense falls apart in big spots.  Our LB's can't cover and late in the season they stop tackling.  David Harris sucks.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR I

If you can't get in rhythm in 10 plays, its not on the defense. this is how mark "clutch" sanchez started the game

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 27

(5:46 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to D.Keller (C.Hampton). batted down near the line of scrimmage.

• 2nd and 10 at NYJ 27

(5:44 - 1st) L.Tomlinson right guard to NYJ 27 for no gain (J.Harrison).

• 3rd and 10 at NYJ 27

(5:05 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass short right to J.Cotchery to NYJ 41 for 14 yards (W.Gay)

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 41

(4:24 - 1st) #75 Turner reports as eligible receiver. M.Sanchez pass incomplete deep left to B.Edwards. PENALTY on PIT-R.Clark, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at NYJ 41 - No Play.

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 46

(4:17 - 1st) S.Greene right guard to NYJ 47 for 1 yard (E.Hood).

• 2nd and 9 at NYJ 47

(3:36 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to S.Holmes. PENALTY on PIT-I.Taylor, Defensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at NYJ 47 - No Play.

• 1st and 10 at PIT 43

(3:31 - 1st) L.Tomlinson up the middle to PIT 42 for 1 yard (E.Hood; B.Keisel).

• 2nd and 14 at PIT 47

(2:24 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short middle to B.Hartsock (L.Timmons)

• 3rd and 14 at PIT 47

(2:19 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass short left to J.Cotchery to PIT 44 for 3 yards (I.Taylor, J.Farrior)

• 4th and 11 at PIT 44

(1:51 - 1st) (Punt formation) S.Weatherford punts 31 yards to PIT 13, Center-T.Purdum, out of bounds.

52 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I respectfully disagree.  Giving up 15 points to a HOF QB on the road in the playoffs is a pretty good day IMO.  They looked bad early, allowed 17 points (plus safety) when all was said and done.  Sanchez needed to protect the ball and score 16 points.  He failed.

Tomlin and Roethlisberger shut it down at halftime.  Up 24-0 they just needed to avoid turnovers and let the clock run out.  Had they actually tried to score, they could have put up another 24 points at-will, the defense was positively brutal that day.  "Can't wait!" turned into a no-show.

The game was essentially over when the Rex Ryan Best Defense In The History Of Professional Sports let the Steelers run and pass through us like warm butter, down 17-0 at the 2 minute warning.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Tomlin and Roethlisberger shut it down at halftime.  Up 24-0 they just needed to avoid turnovers and let the clock run out.  Had they actually tried to score, they could have put up another 24 points at-will, the defense was positively brutal that day.  "Can't wait!" turned into a no-show.

The game was essentially over when the Rex Ryan Best Defense In The History Of Professional Sports let the Steelers run and pass through us like warm butter, down 17-0 at the 2 minute warning.

SAR I

Of course they did.  That's what NFL coaches do in playoff games with 30 minutes remaining.  Maybe they knew they could put their feet up because they saw who the QB was.

53 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That play was a result of a fk up by many, Sanchez being one of, but not even the worst.

As for giving up 15, come on, anyone who watched that game knows that the only reason it wasn't 30 is because the steelers shut it down, the second they needed to make a play on offense they did, and the defense could not do anything about it.

Im not a huge fan of blaming a loss or crediting a win on one player in general, football is the ultimate team sport, and while the QB is the most important part of the team, QBs rarely win or lose games all by themselves.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

If you can't get in rhythm in 10 plays, its not on the defense. this is how mark "clutch" sanchez started the game

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 27

(5:46 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to D.Keller (C.Hampton). batted down near the line of scrimmage.

• 2nd and 10 at NYJ 27

(5:44 - 1st) L.Tomlinson right guard to NYJ 27 for no gain (J.Harrison).

• 3rd and 10 at NYJ 27

(5:05 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass short right to J.Cotchery to NYJ 41 for 14 yards (W.Gay)

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 41

(4:24 - 1st) #75 Turner reports as eligible receiver. M.Sanchez pass incomplete deep left to B.Edwards. PENALTY on PIT-R.Clark, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at NYJ 41 - No Play.

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 46

(4:17 - 1st) S.Greene right guard to NYJ 47 for 1 yard (E.Hood).

• 2nd and 9 at NYJ 47

(3:36 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to S.Holmes. PENALTY on PIT-I.Taylor, Defensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at NYJ 47 - No Play.

• 1st and 10 at PIT 43

(3:31 - 1st) L.Tomlinson up the middle to PIT 42 for 1 yard (E.Hood; B.Keisel).

• 2nd and 14 at PIT 47

(2:24 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short middle to B.Hartsock (L.Timmons)

• 3rd and 14 at PIT 47

(2:19 - 1st) M.Sanchez pass short left to J.Cotchery to PIT 44 for 3 yards (I.Taylor, J.Farrior)

• 4th and 11 at PIT 44

(1:51 - 1st) (Punt formation) S.Weatherford punts 31 yards to PIT 13, Center-T.Purdum, out of bounds.

Defense was at fault for all of that.  Every single bit.

Archived