Kerley: "Jets coaches didn't use me, Lions will"

Freemanm

30 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

No Jeremy, they did use you, you just didn't do anything. There's a big difference...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/28/jeremy-kerley-jets-coaches-didnt-use-me-lions-will/

No, they really didn't use him. They used Decker in the slot mostly. They used Marshall and Owusu on the outside and then Thompkins. I wouldn't be surprised to see him thrive in Detroit with Jones and Tate on the outside.

34 minutes ago, LWC611 said:

I believe he is correct, in that he was not used. I do not recall him complaining about his reduced role.  He handled it like a professional.  I wish him all the best.

He's complaining now.

He's got a new contract, a new team... he could move on, but instead he's yapping. 

He's a jagoff that the fans vastly over-rated.

He bitched to the media last season too.  Honestly, he should have some success there in Detroit but I hope they don't plan to use him for Punt returns.  Maybe Gailey would have used him more if he could comprehend why you shouldn't fair catch a punt inside your own 5 yard line...

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Airing the truth is all he's doing. 

No, it's excuse-making. Nobody is clamoring for the truth... he's on a new team, his ego is hurt, and he's showing off his insecurity. He should just focus on learning the Lions playbook and move on. It's a business.

Kerley was a stud who was better than any of the receivers on the team other than Decker and Marshall.  He was completely mistreated here. 

Really hope this team doesnt see any injuries at WR because they are ridiculously thin. 

He's going to be nasty in Detroit. 

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, it's excuse-making. Nobody is clamoring for the truth... he's on a new team, his ego is hurt, and he's showing off his insecurity. He should just focus on learning the Lions playbook and move on. It's a business.

So besides Decker and Marshall who was better than Kerley last season that played WR 

7 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

He bitched to the media last season too.  Honestly, he should have some success there in Detroit but I hope they don't plan to use him for Punt returns.  Maybe Gailey would have used him more if he could comprehend why you shouldn't fair catch a punt inside your own 5 yard line...

Link?

Second bolded part never happened.

So besides Decker and Marshall who was better than Kerley last season that played WR 

Can't use Kerley on outside though... and they were using Decker mostly for slot... im guessing they didn't want to fix something that wasn't broken

2 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I liked Kerley - the coaches really didn't use him... he's a slot guy - that's his niche... and we use decker mostly for slot... so there was no real way for him to get a lot of reps

Gaiey should have found a way to use him to win games. 

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Kerley was a stud who was better than any of the receivers on the team other than Decker and Marshall.  He was completely mistreated here. 

Really hope this team doesnt see any injuries at WR because they are ridiculously thin. 

He's going to be nasty in Detroit. 

Better than any of our WRs other than Decker/ and Marshall?  Basically you're saying he's better than Devin Smith and Quincy Enunwa.  That doesn't make him a "stud WR". 

2 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

They won 10 games.. that's pretty respectable after only winning 4 games the year before?

Yes we did win 10 games with a very weak schedule, we beat 2 teams with winning records and we lost the last game of the season to Buffalo which was winnable costing us the playoffs. 

I dont measure success on wins and losses I measure it on making the playoffs and winning key games to get there. 

Yes we did win 10 games with a very weak schedule, we beat 2 teams with winning records and we lost the last game of the season to Buffalo which was winnable costing us the playoffs. 

I dont measure success on wins and losses I measure it on making the playoffs and winning key games to get there. 

I also measure it on improvement. It was first time in a while our offense was clicking for most part in a long while

1 minute ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I also measure it on improvement. It was first time in a while our offense was clicking for most part in a long while

That success goes to Gailey,Fitzpatrick,Decker and Marshall and the easy schedule I think any QB we played could have won 10 games in that scenario. 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That success goes to Gailey,Fitzpatrick,Decker and Marshall and the easy schedule I think any QB we played could have won 10 games in that scenario. 

Only one way to find out - and that's fitz signing back with us and building off last year progress - they def got work to do... they need better offensive line - i don't think d brick is all that, we need a new RT... Fitz made them look better than they are by getting rid of the ball fast - outside of mangold, there are no all pros anymore.

4 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Only one way to find out - and that's fitz signing back with us and building off last year progress - they def got work to do... they need better offensive line - i don't think d brick is all that, we need a new RT... Fitz made them look better than they are by getting rid of the ball fast - outside of mangold, there are no all pros anymore.

Fitz had a great season but the organization must also see the truth  in his season as well or he would have been signed weeks ago. 

Walls, Kerley and maybe even Ridley aren't bad additions to their team. It looks like the new Lions GM maybe for a change with that franchise knows what he is doing. It seems like he understands that you emphasize small parts to make up a whole. All 3 of them are good players. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Walls, Kerley and maybe even Ridley aren't bad additions to their team. It looks like the new Lions GM maybe for a change with that franchise knows what he is doing. It seems like he understands that you emphasize small parts to make up a whole. All 3 of them are good players. 

Kerley is a good slot receiver - i agree... but Decker is better and that's who the jets used mostly at slot last season. Walls, as i said on another post - i like the guy - he has good qualities and has the physical makeup to be good, really needs to polish his craft though - too inconsistent to be a successful starter, so he provides depth at corner and is a good special teams guy. Ridley is good but we were stacked at RB and he never really got a chance to get going - would be interesting to see how they use him.

Archived