David Harris & Mangold are next up.

Jetster

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Bull f*cking sh*t!

Go find tape of that game. I watched that game with a friend & some Eagles fans at a Wild Wings. We had the TV all to ourselves. The DT was crashing down on Nick & was crushing him that game. Probably one of Mangolds worst games ever. This guy single handedly ruined Nick & our running game that day. The Eagles fans were commenting, "who is this guy?" After replays showed him just stoning Mangold trying to move him. I'll have to look back on that game to find his name.

Funny-Facepalm-GIF.gif?gs=a

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Find it interesting when fans think they know the ideal playing weight someone is.  As if Mangold, the Jets, their med staff, FO etc dont have an idea 

We have hole that need to be addressed for sure, center isnt one of them 

Revis is fat too 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Like I said in another post, the Saints won the Super Bowl with a center we let walk, Goodwin. Let's not make Center out to be QB. It's funny, every single time we play a team when their center is out because of injury we all talk on here of how we'll dominate their backup, but it never happens? 

Cutting mangold does not make this team better, it just creates a new problem for a team that already has several problems. The 2016 jets are not the 2009 saints buddy

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

Bull f*cking sh*t!

Go find tape of that game. I watched that game with a friend & some Eagles fans at a Wild Wings. We had the TV all to ourselves. The DT was crashing down on Nick & was crushing him that game. Probably one of Mangolds worst games ever. This guy single handedly ruined Nick & our running game that day. The Eagles fans were commenting, "who is this guy?" After replays showed him just stoning Mangold trying to move him. I'll have to look back on that game to find his name.

Wait, so you watched the game at Wild Wings, had the tv to yourselves and needed replay to figure out who was at C for the Jets? 

Lol

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

What would Nick Mangold get in the open market. $5 mill a year is my guess- I think he's overpaid by half.  Plus he has no dead cap hit.  Draft a 3rd round center and our cap troubles disappear.

We've been spoiled by pretty good o line play. comments like this... lets see what our pathetic QBs look like with a set of turnstiles at left tackle, center, and right tackle. 

Spoiler

Montana did

12 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look name me one Qb even great ones like Montana and Marino who didn't have great receivers bailing them out with great catches. I mean Montana had the best one ever in Rice. 

Yeah as Montana really went to being elite over Rice!

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wait, so you watched the game at Wild Wings, had the tv to yourselves and needed replay to figure out who was at C for the Jets? 

Lol

What r u a f*cking moron. Reading comprehension buddy, the Eagles fans were commenting on the Dtackle that was giving Nick so much trouble that day. Eagles fans were like "who is this guy" because he was a nobody. It would be like Simon went into a game for the Jets & dominated Alex Mack.

10 hours ago, David Harris said:

What would Nick Mangold get in the open market. $5 mill a year is my guess- I think he's overpaid by half.  Plus he has no dead cap hit.  Draft a 3rd round center and our cap troubles disappear.

It's funny how when you make a comment regarding the team as a fan & everyone else jumps in the thread finishing your comments that Nick is overpaid with, "if you cut him", did anyone in this thread say cut him? Or the obligatory "he deserves 10 million because he's been such a good Jet". Jets will never win a Super Bowl with that kind of thinking. 

It's a BUSINESS people. No different than a company maintaining their profits by cutting old overpaid workers. Is it harsh? Your damn right. Look no further than to the Northeast where Darth Belichick cuts Lawyer Milloy, trades Bedsoe in the division, trades Seymour, trades Chandler Jones. I love what Nick Mangold has done for the Jets, but I've been waiting a long f*cking time for this team to win a Super Bowl. But if you ain't got a top 10 QB, your chances of winning a Super Bowl while your CENTER is one of your highest paid players are pretty damn slim. Nicks good but getting older & he was NEVER Dwight Stevenson or even Kevin Mawae for that matter.

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

What r u a f*cking moron. Reading comprehension buddy, the Eagles fans were commenting on the Dtackle that was giving Nick so much trouble that day. Eagles fans were like "who is this guy" because he was a nobody. It would be like Simon went into a game for the Jets & dominated Alex Mack.

Yeah, that's me.  I'm the one who's a f*cking moron. 

Go back to Wild Wings with a roster chart and grow up.

why is it that little shlts who would never call someone like me a f'cking moron to my face do it from a computer in their mothers basement? 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, that's me.  I'm the one.  

Go back to Wild Wings with a roster chart and grow up.

why is it that little twats who would never call someone like me a f'cking moron to my face do it from a computer in their mothers basement? 

Oh, now you get it. Took you a while. Why don't you fully understand what your reading before retorting with an asinine take on the matter in a condescending way? If you did, you wouldn't have to reply all butt hurt like you did.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Oh, now you get it. Took you a while. Why don't you fully understand what your reading before retorting with an asinine take on the matter in a condescending way? If you did, you wouldn't have to reply all butt hurt like you did.

Don't pat yourself on the back.  

The only asinine part of the thread is your childish remarks about the C position, Mangolds's play, his importance and his weight, your observations off a tv and the inability to distinguish your from you're. 

Butt hurt?  Point is if you talked to someone in person like you did from behind the keyboard more than just you butt would be hurting. 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Don't pat yourself on the back.  

The only asinine part of the thread is your childish remarks about the C position, Mangolds's play, his importance and his weight, your observations off a tv and the inability to distinguish your from you're. 

Butt hurt?  Point is if you talked to someone in person like you did from behind the keyboard more than just you butt would be hurting. 

How long of you been using this internet thingy? You're going to be pretty frustrated not being able to beat up everyone who disagrees with your position or replies to you in a way you don't like. Stupid responses will most likely earn you retorts you might not like. So, take your time & fully comprehend what you've just read, take a moment to think about the ramifications if you respond too quickly without understanding what you've just read, then, and only than should you make your point. Do this going forward & you won't have to defend yourself on whether or not you were actually butt hurt.

33 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How long of you been using this internet thingy? You're going to be pretty frustrated not being able to beat up everyone who disagrees with your position or replies to you in a way you don't like. Stupid responses will most likely earn you retorts you might not like. So, take your time & fully comprehend what you've just read, take a moment to think about the ramifications if you respond too quickly without understanding what you've just read, then, and only than should you make your point. Do this going forward & you won't have to defend yourself on whether or not you were actually butt hurt.

Do you even know what you're talking about?  

Look up, almost no one agrees with you.  You took a simple comment and apparently have a probl m with someone who doesn't agree with you.  What's to understand.  

Ramifications? Remind me, who called who a f*cking moron for disagreeing? Me?  Or was it you?   Don't lecture anyone to think, it's beyond your abilities. 

Ignore people who don't agree with you and move on.  You're making an ass out of yourself.  

57 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

LOL - Imagine if Montana only had Freddie Solomon and Dwight Clark for the first two SuperBowls, what a world :)

And they made him, too! Why, without Freddie Solomon his completion percentage may have been as low as Fitzpatrick's! 

20 hours ago, Jet in PA said:

Yeah they should try something with restructuring all of the guys you listed but it's criminal to ask Marshall to take a pay cut for Fitz. I'm a Fitz supporter but if Marshall wasn't there stealing picks and digging balls out of the ground we're not talking about the type of money that Fitz wants. Honestly I think even if we had a ton of money we still wouldn't up his offer.

No need to ask anyone for a pay cut - restructures usually only mean rearranging the terms of the deal, converting base salary into bonuses etc. Marshall could end up with a longer deal and / or higher amount of guaranteed money, and the team reduces his short term cap figure into the bargain. The risk is that it pushes the cap hit into later years, but that's not necessarily a bad thing - it tends to be bad if (a) the guy declines and he's now overpaid or (b) your drafting sucks and you have to sign more free agents to compensate.

The real key is that you can afford some expensive vets IF you have a young, inexpensive base to your team from good drafting & development. We are currently in the opposite position - we needed to bring in expensive vets BECAUSE we had a poor team base due to bad drafting & development over many years. It'll take a while to rectify this, in the meantime you have to potentially take a few risks on future production to free up space.

Hey, I have an idea. Let's have our Center, our 2 down MLB, our declining LT (Macc took care of this problem), making the most money on our roster.

I can't think of a shorter route to a Super Bowl. 

Archived