Mehta: Wilkerson to Pass on Voluntary Workouts

JetNation

1 minute ago, section314 said:

I'm sure it's Fitz since he mentioned him in his post.

Yeah I realised re-reading it but acting like Fitz, who I like, was the only major change and reason for the team's improvement is ridiculous. Wilk improved himself and was the best player on the team's best unit. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Irish Jet said:

Yeah I realised re-reading it but acting like Fitz, who I like, was the only major change and reason for the team's improvement is ridiculous. Wilk improved himself and was the best player on the team's best unit. 

No argument there.

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

That is just awful logic and you know it. 

Plenty of recent Superbowl D's have been built on the defensive line - The Giants and Ravens come to mind. 

Who the hell even mentioned a QB? What decent QB are you even talking about?

Look I understand when a fan gets love for a player no contract is too big to pay him..;) BTW the Giants and Ravens QB's are both pretty good.. I mentioned Fitz had a pretty good year did you miss that part??

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Look I understand when a fan gets love for a player no contract is too big to pay him..;) BTW the Giants and Ravens QB's are both pretty good.. I mentioned Fitz had a pretty good year did you miss that part??

It's nothing to do with liking one player more than another. Revis is one of my favourite Jets ever, he just isn't the guy we should have been investing in.

People here find crazy ways to discredit Wilkerson, like talking down the importance of his position, talking up Richardson/Williams (Not realising the contradiction that presents) and even talking down his own ability - As if he didn't just have an insanely good season. He's 26 and improving every season, incredibly consistent and basically the complete defensive lineman - He's the guy you invest in and build the unit around, not f*cking Revis. It would be like had the Patriots cut lose Richard Seymour and invested instead in Ty Law.

This should never have happened. Wilkerson is one of the few successes we've produced in recent years. 

30 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Why would I be bitter about an overpayed, overhyped CB leaving the Pats?

Revis was atrocious down the stretch and especially in the playoffs.

The fact that you spend so much time trying to convince people that he's overpaid and a soon to be jag says it all.  

Youre butt hurt that after rolling into NE, winning a SB he ran out on the Pats for the Jets.  

It's too obvious, you're obsessed with all things Revis.

18 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It's nothing to do with liking one player more than another. Revis is one of my favourite Jets ever, he just isn't the guy we should have been investing in.

People here find crazy ways to discredit Wilkerson, like talking down the importance of his position, talking up Richardson/Williams (Not realising the contradiction that presents) and even talking down his own ability - As if he didn't just have an insanely good season. He's 26 and improving every season, incredibly consistent and basically the complete defensive lineman - He's the guy you invest in and build the unit around, not f*cking Revis. It would be like had the Patriots cut lose Richard Seymour and invested instead in Ty Law.

This should never have happened. Wilkerson is one of the few successes we've produced in recent years. 

Most fans I see having nothing but praise for Mo who is a very good player.. Some put him above what Klecko was to the Jets in his time as a player.. To me that's pushing it but fans are entitled to their opinion.. Given a choice I would have not minded if the Revis contract went to Mo except for one problem,Mo wanted more..

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The issue isnt really Revis' contract, but more giving Harris, Skrine, Gilchrist theirs....when we probably could have gotten by with Miles, Henderson, Williams etc and paid Mo. I mean the guy did have 12 sacks last year.

So did Jones of the Pats where is he now?? Oh yeah he's a Card..:)

56 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cornerback is an important position in the NFL. Run stuffing defensive end is not. 

He's a run stuffing DE only if you ignore the fact that he's been averaging almost 10 sacks a year for the last 3 years.

17 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

I just hope the Jets can manage to get some good picks for Mo. There's no way that a contract gets done and I am glad the Jets are not budging.

This particular player id like to see them budge on and not budge 1 damn bit for Fitzpatrick who can be easily replaced Mo Wilk not so much.

1 hour ago, Kevin L said:

He's a run stuffing DE only if you ignore the fact that he's been averaging almost 10 sacks a year for the last 3 years.

In his career he averages about 7 sacks a year. That's not elite. He's great against the run and solid against the pass. Let's not make him out to be Reggie White. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

This particular player id like to see them budge on and not budge 1 damn bit for Fitzpatrick who can be easily replaced Mo Wilk not so much.

100% nonsensical....... QB is the most important position on the field. DE isn't even close. I am very happy the Jets are not going to give into 50 million guaranteed for Wilk. He's on crack if he thinks he's worth that anyway.

QB is a very important cog in an otherwise stinko offense.

With that said, I am glad the Jets are not bending the money stance for either player.

Mo Wilk are there any links or reports to his salary demands what does he want and what have the jets offered. 

Why burn the guy at the stake when none of this seems to be available. 

The fact they signed all the DL men that they did in free agency seems they are preparing to be without Mo Wilk this season. 

1 minute ago, Mainejet said:

100% nonsensical....... QB is the most important position on the field. DE isn't even close. I am very happy the Jets are not going to give into 50 million guaranteed for Wilk. He's on crack if he thinks he's worth that anyway.

QB is a very important cog in an otherwise stinko offense.

With that said, I am glad the Jets are not bending the money stance for either player.

QB is most certainly more important depending on who that QB might be. 

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It was Fitz and the O that got the Jets to 10 wins not Mo.. It was the O on Houston that helped get them 9 wins not Watt by himself although the Texan D did play pretty well against us and their O had TJ Yates starting his first game of the 2015 season..

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

In his career he averages about 7 sacks a year. That's not elite. He's great against the run and solid against the pass. Let's not make him out to be Reggie White. 

Certainly not Reggie White, but not just a run stuffer. Snacks was just a run stuffer. Mo is much more than that.

Just now, Savage69 said:

It was Fitz and the O that got the Jets to 10 wins not Mo.. It was the O on Houston that helped get them 9 wins not Watt by himself although the Texan D did play pretty well against us and their O had TJ Yates starting his first game of the 2015 season..

The easy schedule got us 10 wins and the fact that the QB had the 2 best WRs in the league. Marshall and Decker made Fitz.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The easy schedule got us 10 wins and the fact that the QB had the 2 best WRs in the league. Marshall and Decker made Fitz.

When I said Fitz and the O the O would include not only Marshall and Decker but Ivory and all the rest..

40 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Certainly not Reggie White, but not just a run stuffer. Snacks was just a run stuffer. Mo is much more than that.

Not much more than that. His pass rushing skills leave much to be desired. Like I said, solid but not game changing. Not enough to consider paying him what he's asking for. 

300 pounders in this league that are outright better pass rushers or better against the pass than Wilkerson:

JJ Watt
Aaron Donald

I love the constant attempts from the same group of people, for some unknown reason and with zero incentive, to try and discredit this guy even a little bit as a player. Over lame sh*t like sack totals too - no context necesssary either. The 315 pounder DE/DT/UT/NT is held to the same standards as the typical 275 pound 4-3 DE and 260 pound 3-4 OLBs when it comes to sacks - the only scientific way to dent the pass or something.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Mo Wilk are there any links or reports to his salary demands what does he want and what have the jets offered. 

Why burn the guy at the stake when none of this seems to be available. 

The fact they signed all the DL men that they did in free agency seems they are preparing to be without Mo Wilk this season. 

I don't believe there are any reports about specific #'s, but there have been reports that he wants J Watt money. They've been tryinfg to resign him since Rex/Idzik regime. This deal is never getting done if there are still that far away after a few years.

Archived