"Official" 2016 Jetnation Mock Discussion Tread.

Villain The Foe

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spriggs pick:

Sweet.  Instead of Tunsil at #2, Browns get Elliot, Spriggs and all those other picks.  So the difference between Tunsil and Spriggs is essentially Elliot all those other picks? What a haul for Cleveland.  Nice picks for the Brownies Villain. 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Spriggs pick:

Sweet.  Instead of Tunsil at #2, Browns get Elliot, Spriggs and all those other picks.  So the difference between Tunsil and Spriggs is essentially Elliot all those other picks? What a haul for Cleveland.  Nice picks for the Brownies Villain. 

Thanks Dcat. I actually think the Browns will have a great draft this upcoming Thursday. I like their trade and I like their position in the draft in relation to their needs. They dont need to jump out the window for a QB. RG3 isnt as bad a QB as people like to exaggerate. Give him a running game (elliot) a retooled offensive line (Spriggs) and a new target (you'll see come rd 3). :-)

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Thanks Dcat. I actually think the Browns will have a great draft this upcoming Thursday. I like their trade and I like their position in the draft in relation to their needs. They dont need to jump out the window for a QB. RG3 isnt as bad a QB as people like to exaggerate. Give him a running game (elliot) a retooled offensive line (Spriggs) and a new target (you'll see come rd 3). :-)

If they start off with Elliot and Spriggs, it would already be a very good draft.  Jealous. 

Representing the jets, I have to say pick #20 blows.  I am hoping that if the actual draft goes like this one and so many others, leaving the Jets with a OLB/CB/DL pick, that Mac works a miracle and finds a trade down partner.  

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If they start off with Elliot and Spriggs, it would already be a very good draft.  Jealous. 

Representing the jets, I have to say pick #20 blows.  I am hoping that if the actual draft goes like this one and so many others, leaving the Jets with a OLB/CB/DL pick, that Mac works a miracle and finds a trade down partner.  

For the most part I always like the trade down route. Im personally confident in the guys that I like, so the more picks the better imo, unless of course there's someone who you simply cant pass on. I dont see that "cant miss" person making it to #20. If Ronnie Stanley is there, you pull the trigger, but if not I wouldnt have a problem with the Jets trading down. Hopefully the Jets can rack up on 2nd/3rd round picks. I think those are the money rounds where you can get alot of starters at various positions this year. 

Thats why I have no problem if the Jets traded Wilk for a 2nd and 3rd rounder. There's alot of talent in those rounds that we can use. WR, Oline, MLB, CB, etc. 

It would also be great to trade down because we dont have a 5th/6th round picks and we need "football players" in general. Special teams were a mess last year. 

37 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I agree with you --  I probably would have taken Decker at 20 for NYJ, rather than Floyd.  If the draft did play out this way, I woudl hope to trade down, but that is usually easier said than done.  Especially in this draft, where I think there is a pretty strong consensu as to the top 8-10 prospects and then whole lot of guys in that 10-40 range where there is not much separation.  If I read this draft correctly (which I probably don't), I see a lot of teams will be content to see what drops to them rather than trade up once we get out of the top 10.  

I just wish it was draft day already, I can't wait to see how all of this plays out.

24 minutes ago, Lith said:

I agree with you --  I probably would have taken Decker at 20 for NYJ, rather than Floyd.  If the draft did play out this way, I woudl hope to trade down, but that is usually easier said than done.  Especially in this draft, where I think there is a pretty strong consensu as to the top 8-10 prospects and then whole lot of guys in that 10-40 range where there is not much separation.  If I read this draft correctly (which I probably don't), I see a lot of teams will be content to see what drops to them rather than trade up once we get out of the top 10.  

I just wish it was draft day already, I can't wait to see how all of this plays out.

yes, I still have second thoughts about Leonard Floyd.  Higher ceiling and bigger bust potential than Decker, although a couple of scouts ripped Decker.  But nothing wrong with getting your RT for the next 7-8 years in pick #20, round 1.  

Round 2 so far:

1 31 600 Denver Broncos PatriotKilla Connor Cook QB Michigan State  
2 32 590 Cleveland Browns Villain Jason Spriggs OT Indiana  
2 33 580 Tennessee Titans Mick Derrick Henry RB Alabama  
2 34 560 Dallas Cowboys Sarge Robert Nkemdiche DT Ole Miss  
2 35 550 San Diego Chargers PatriotKilla Kevin Dodd DE Clemson  
2 36 540 Baltimore Ravens Matt39 Corey Coleman WR Baylor  
2 37 530 San Francisco 49ers 32EBoozer Jaylon Smith OLB Notre Dame  
2 38 520 Jacksonville Jaguars Sarge Mackensie Alexander CB Clemson  
2 39 510 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 32EBoozer       Pick Due 3:45 PM
2 40 500 New York Giants TomShane        
2 41 490 Chicago Bears NYJetsVets91        
2 42 480 Miami Dolphins TomShane        
2 43 470 Tennessee Titans Mick       From Eagles via Rams

Love some of the picks you guys just made.  Some great fits.

Titans and Henry.  Great fit, great pick.  Just perfect.  

Baltimore and Coleman.  

Jags and Alexander.  

Giants and Fuller

Dolphags and Neal.

All great fits and fill needs.

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

@SenorGato Hunter Henry to Da'Raidaz? Took me by surprise.

You dont believe in Clive Walford, or are you thinking dual threats down the hashmarks? 

The Jets would have strongly considered him if he lasted a few more picks.  

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Jaylon Smith in the 2nd?

I probably could have went WR over Henry, there's 3 of them I considered, but no real issues with going Henry.

Yeah, I thought the Smith pick was a little crazy.

I dont think WR is dying need for the Titans.  Between Wright, Douglas, Green-Beckham and Walker, Mariotta has targets...but with Henry and Murray...he's finally got a little bit of a running game to help him out. And I probably would have gambled there too and hope Coleman or Fuller fell to me with the pick after the Dolphags.  The only truly WR needy team picking before that was Baltimore. 

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

So T0mShane gets Will Fuller to go with OBJ and Victor Cruz

I guess he goes in when they run a spread.... when OBJ is fighting Norman all game I guess Fuller/ Cruz take over.

It was a value and need pick. No one knows if Cruz can still run, and McAdoo runs a ton of three-wide anyway. OBJ has been working opposite stiffs like Reuben Randle and Preston Parker and still killing it, but teams were regularly double covering him last year bc Randle sucks. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It was a value and need pick. No one knows if Cruz can still run, and McAdoo runs a ton of three-wide anyway. OBJ has been working opposite stiffs like Reuben Randle and Preston Parker and still killing it, but teams were regularly double covering him last year bc Randle sucks. 

Absolutely especially with all the work they did on the DL this offseason too.  

A WR like Fuller who is really just a full on deep threat, at least makes you have to think about rolling coverage toward OBJ.

58 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Jaylon Smith in the 2nd?

I probably could have went WR over Henry, there's 3 of them I considered, but no real issues with going Henry.

Raiders aren't going Te.  They love their three Te's so much , that Mychal Rivera is on the trading block. Clive Walford is going to be very good Te for a longtime, Lee Smith is the premier blocking Te in the game.  And Gabe Holmes is their developmental Te who they like a lot.  ( he's making Rivera expendable ). 

There probably  is 90% chance the Raiders are going safety with their second round pick.

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders aren't going Te.  They love their three Te's so much , that Mychal Rivera is on the trading block. Clive Walford is going to be very good Te for a longtime, Lee Smith is the premier blocking Te in the game.  And Gabe Holmes is their developmental Te who they like a lot.  ( he's making Rivera expendable ). 

There probably  is 90% chance the Raiders are going safety with their second round pick.

I thought the same thing when I seen Hunter Henry. I was like "but Clive is there". 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

the spread sheet shows that the Rams are on the clock. @Lupz27

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

what happened to the Rams' pick?

Sorry guys.  Spreadsheet was wrong.  We  have it right now.  Titans/Mick had pick 45 and took Vonn Bell.  Lions and @SenorGato are on the clock. I just checked the rest of the order against NFL.com, and it looks like that was the only traded pick that I missed.  Thanks for catching it before i messed up the draft. 

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Jaylon Smith in the 2nd?

This was a bit of a "Homer" oick... I think Smith will go in the 2nd, just not top of the 2nd.

Sua Craevans too small for what TB is looking for in the OLB

2017 I think he comes back in full form.

A top 10 pick @ #39

Archived