The FINAL, definitive argument on Fitz vs. Geno

JohnnyLV

4 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yeah like Fitz didn't play with Breno Winters, Cumberland, and Ivory all year. He just gets the ball out quicker. Come on man 3 picks in 8 attempts. 5 straight games with no TDs. 2 years running as the reigning worst QB in the NFL as voted by players and coaches. 

Fitz finished the year 5-1. Bowels has said all along that Fitz is the starter when he signs, and still believes that he will. This dream you have is just not reality based. Sorry man. 

Worst set of offense in the league further depleted with injuries with a sophomore QB. Did I mention he played really well when he had two healthy WRs? How did Fitz play in the games he didn't have his backup RB?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I saw enough in a preseason game and Oakland.

Also, please impart upon us your wisdom.  It seems you know something the entire Jets front office doesn't know about Geno Smith.  Otherwise they wouldn't get pursuing Fitzpatrick idiot.

Lol at you seeing him in the pre season. That was Fitz. And lol at you for seeing enough of him in the Oakland game. Too bad he couldn't play D. 

Mand there are 31 other teams that feel Fitz has nothing to offer. Maybe Mac knows more about Fitz. Or maybe he's still holding back. 

11 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Lol at you seeing him in the pre season. That was Fitz. And lol at you for seeing enough of him in the Oakland game. Too bad he couldn't play D. 

Mand there are 31 other teams that feel Fitz has nothing to offer. Maybe Mac knows more about Fitz. Or maybe he's still holding back. 

If you think Geno Smith is a starting NFL QB you just don't know very much about football

4 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

If you think Geno Smith is a starting NFL QB you just don't know very much about football

How many was saying the same thing about Fitz last year? 

How many Jets fans were willing to pay Fitz 12 million just 365 days ago? 

You typing with your fingers shows how little you know about the sport. 

5 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I saw enough in a preseason game and Oakland.

Also, please impart upon us your wisdom.  It seems you know something the entire Jets front office doesn't know about Geno Smith.  Otherwise they wouldn't get pursuing Fitzpatrick idiot.

I'll play this "idiot" game with you since you like to use this word alot. You're fairly new around here so I guess you need to be broken in. 

So, you seen enough in a preseason game and in Oakland....is that right? 

We're going to stick to this ^^^^^^ given that your original statement was about "QB's in the context of the system" and not your damage controlling statement about the Jets front office. 

So, I have a question. What preseason game did you see Geno Smith play in under Chan Gailey and his system? If I remember correctly Geno was injured during the entire preseason and Gailey has only been an OC here for 1 season. What preseason game do you speak of exactly???????

This Oakland game, Geno didnt play 4 quarters because he didnt start the game. However, he did end with 265 yards, 2 TD's 1 INT, 64% comp rate and 34 rushing yards. The funny thing is, if you were to project those stats throughout 16 games Geno Smith would have thrown for more yards, more TD's , better comp percentage and rushed for more yards than Fitzpatrick. In otherwords, Geno's numbers would have not only been better Fitzpatrick, but better than Derek Carr's....who was a probowler this year. 

You've generally called Jets fans who give Geno the benefit of the doubt an idiot as well as called me an idiot directly. I dont mind the name calling because it only reflects on you and ultimately shows the amount of respect I need to have for you as a poster here. But do me a favor, dont back track, dont change the subject into "what/why the front office are doing certain things". Keep this on the "QB's in the context of the system". 

Please, explain to this idiot what preseason game you're referring to, because for some reason no one in the world has seen this game, not even Geno Smith. Also, how is it that you can compare Geno Smith's Oakland game coming in a back up role to Fitz 4 years in the system? Lastly, if you come to the conclusion that Geno Smith never played a preseason game under Chan Gailey, does that make you an idiot for saying it as well as using it as some sort of proof? lol

Please, explain to me here how this method of yours isnt an idiot position. And again, dont back track or change the f'ing subject. Just answer the questions. 

Geno will be the starting quarterback of the New york Jets, because he will sh*t all over fitztragic, and waltz the Jets into Foxboro for the Division round, where he will painfully be beaten 42-17, as 17 million dollar declining Revis whom put the Jets in cap hell gets burnt by Edelman for 3 touchdowns but the Jets will know that they finally have their quarterback

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Looks pretty good to me. He knows how to lead his receivers. And where to put the ball (of course expecting guys like Marshall to make good plays). And with Forte a seasoned good receiving running back he with Bilal fit right into this offense. A big mistake not to follow up on this success and idiotic not to sign the guy. 

1 hour ago, Colgateman said:

Geno will be the starting quarterback of the New york Jets, because he will sh*t all over fitztragic, and waltz the Jets into Foxboro for the Division round, where he will painfully be beaten 42-17, as 17 million dollar declining Revis whom put the Jets in cap hell gets burnt by Edelman for 3 touchdowns but the Jets will know that they finally have their quarterback

Actually other than the Texan game, Revis was not beaten deep last season.  I am hoping that the surgery on his injured wrist will allow him to jam again at the line of scrimmage and prevent what happened in week 17 when Watkins continually caught under- neath passes. In their first game Watkins was held to 14 yards.

I think Fitz will be back but if he isn't that won't kill the team long term at all.  All I know is that if we have to go with Geno and the two young guys we can be ready for a horror show at Qb this season.  Something we are well used to.  Garbage Qbing just killing the team on a weekly basis.

3 hours ago, Colgateman said:

Your a dumb sh*t, you know that? There's NO way Geno starts for the Jets. NO way. Now, if you weren't so busy stroking  the Patses you might know that.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I think Fitz will be back but if he isn't that won't kill the team long term at all.  All I know is that if we have to go with Geno and the two young guys we can be ready for a horror show at Qb this season.  Something we are well used to.  Garbage Qbing just killing the team on a weekly basis.

But I'm not sure the entire fan base would be? If Mac goes into the season with Geno as his starting QB the entire season will go down the drain and everyone knows that. It will put Mac's job in jeopardy. I doubt he'd get fired after the season but a lot of people would giving him very harsh criticism that could, later on, down the road, lead to his demise. Don't forget the season ticket holders have a very powerful lobby. They're the ones that got John Idzik fired. Don't think they couldn't do it again.

29 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

But I'm not sure the entire fan base would be? If Mac goes into the season with Geno as his starting QB the entire season will go down the drain and everyone knows that. It will put Mac's job in jeopardy. I doubt he'd get fired after the season but a lot of people would giving him very harsh criticism that could, later on, down the road, lead to his demise. Don't forget the season ticket holders have a very powerful lobby. They're the ones that got John Idzik fired. Don't think they couldn't do it again.

Macs job does not hinge on Geno, it hinges on guys like Darron Lee and Hackenburg. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Macs job does not hinge on Geno, it hinges on guys like Darron Lee and Hackenburg. 

I wouldnt even say that his job hinges on a guy like Hackenberg. He's a 2nd round pick. Macc's job hinges on providing Bowles with the players needed to field a talented team. He's done a great job blending a mix of young players with older talented vets. That includes Fitzpatrick. 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

But it start the criticism, Beerfish. Starting Geno would ultimately come down to Mac opting to take away the teams competitiveness by settling for Geno. Whether he is Mac's choice or not, does not matter. Fans will see that Mac had Fitz available and he chose to pass over him. That can easily damage Mac's reputation.

3 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

But it start the criticism, Beerfish. Starting Geno would ultimately come down to Mac opting to take away the teams competitiveness by settling for Geno. Whether he is Mac's choice or not, does not matter. Fans will see that Mac had Fitz available and he chose to pass over him. That can easily damage Mac's reputation.

I won't disagree becasue of the owner i guess but real owners will listen to fans but not cave into the 1st sign of dissent.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I won't disagree becasue of the owner i guess but real owners will listen to fans but not cave into the 1st sign of dissent.

That's exactly what I am saying Beerfish, and I really don't think Mac would be fired if he stated Geno, but it would certainly start the criticism that could ultimately lead to his demise down the road. This will already be a very challenging season based on the schedule. If Mac got cheap and lost out on Fitz, the end result would appear outwardly to the fans as though Mac was mailing it in, like he didn't care if the team was competitive or not. Tha, IMO, was the very reason why the fans went after John Idzik. With Fitz, at least every fan knows that Mac went down fighting and fielding the very best team possible. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So you support future Hall of Fame QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Where the hell did I say Fitz is a HOFer?  In 2016, yes is the best choice.  In 2017, I'd rather Petty or Hackenburg, who I still have hope for.  Geno I have no hope for as a starting NFL QB.

26 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I am the voice of sanity in this thread saying Geno is not a starting-caliber NFL QB, and I got downvoted for speaking the truth.

We welcome you to the conversation anyone on this forum who doesn't support Fitz is a jerk dont take it personally. 

51 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We welcome you to the conversation anyone on this forum who doesn't support Fitz is a jerk dont take it personally. 

I'd also rather start Hackenberg than Geno.  At least Hack looks to have a shred of pocket awareness, and though he's inaccurate, he's not that much more inaccurate than Geno.

2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I'd also rather start Hackenberg than Geno.  At least Hack looks to have a shred of pocket awareness, and though he's inaccurate, he's not that much more inaccurate than Geno.

Just let the best QB play.  If it's Hack, so be it.  I doubt it though.  That'd be setting him up for failure if not ready.  Similar to what we did to Geno, but on the plus side Hack would have a good team/staff around him.

While the whole discussion is an interesting one. No matter where you fall on the spectrum though  

The Jets are signing Fitz, he's going to start without any competition and the Jets are going to pay at least $12mm for him this year.  

Like it or not, at this point, this is more or less fact  

37 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

While the whole discussion is an interesting one. No matter where you fall on the spectrum though  

The Jets are signing Fitz, he's going to start without any competition and the Jets are going to pay at least $12mm for him this year.  

Like it or not, at this point, this is more or less fact  

Agreed.  That is the most likely outcome, but still hoping we let him walk.

It is possible.  I mean the Jets leaked the offer details.  Why would they do that?  I'd imagine to get things moving along.  Plus, and here's what I like, chances are they're not gonna budge much from those numbers now since they've made them public.

All we need is for Fitz to say "no", and we are golden.

Archived