49ers Blaine Gabbert will start at QB

joewilly12

49ers: Blaine Gabbert will start at QB

Cover32 
  •  
  •  

View photo

49ers

The question of who should start for the San Francisco 49ers in 2016 has raged since before the 2015 season even finished. Incumbent starter Blaine Gabbert played solidly enough in his eight game audition finishing out the season to garner significant consideration from new head coach Chip Kelly to be the man under center come week one versus the Los Angeles Rams. Yet one $11.9 million quarterback still remains on the roster, and he is still only 28 years old and can still boast a far superior resume to that of Gabbert’s.

Complicating matters all along has been the situation regarding Kaepernick’s future. Kaepernick was the undisputed starter until accuracy issues, injuries and general ineffectiveness led to him being benched following the eighth game of 2015. Relations between the player and the organization soured so significantly during the season and into the offseason that Kaepernick’s representatives publicly requested a trade which Kaepernick still has apparently not budged from. Somehow Kaepernick remains a 49er and should theoretically pose a significant challenge to Gabbert as the team’s starting signal caller.

Kaepernick has finally been cleared to resume on field activities but remains far off from seriously competing for the starting quarterback role. Following offseason surgeries to his left hip, thumb and shoulder, Kaepernick had not been able to lift weights until recently, shockingly apparent by his suddenly skinny physique seen in offseason photos.

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Kaep has a huge upside here "franchise" QB status who has been to a Super Bowl 

Mark Sanchez has the same 4-2 playoff record, has a higher playoff QBR, and has never lost a Super Bowl.  He's already familiar with New York and has millions of fans there.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez has the same 4-2 playoff record, has a higher playoff QBR, and has never lost a Super Bowl.  He's already familiar with New York and has millions of fans there.

SAR I

And will probably be the starting QB of the Broncos .  Your woman left, she's not coming back, and as a matter of fact she's in a serious relationship . Find yourself another woman and move on man .

42 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thirty two teams, including the one he went to the Super Bowl with, disagree. Massive contract plus underwhelming performance is not a huge upside. 

I read the article and he hasn't been named the starter officially yet. PFT also had a connect the dots kind piece on him that assumed a lot but didn't say a lot. I don't know about you but I'm kind of getting tired of this type of headline journalism in sports and in politics. He's obviously the favorite because Kap has been injured and Gabbert did ok starting last season and was more popular with his teammates. Actually you've got to give him a lot of credit. He was branded a bust with a terrible franchise in the Jags but kind of rebuilt his career. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Left cheek ^^^

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Right cheek ^^^

This thread is what gets squeezed out between them.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Left cheek ^^^

Right cheek ^^^

This thread is what gets squeezed out between them.

Until we win a Super Bowl no stone (available QB) goes un turned. 

Im rooting for Geno Smith to be the franchise QB. 

Will you wipe or lick? 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Until we win a Super Bowl no stone (available QB) goes un turned. 

Im rooting for Geno Smith to be the franchise QB. 

Will you wipe or lick? 

Well, you made that gay in a hurry.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No you did with the cheek comments you sound like a man familiar with man ass. 

lol, I called what you post sh*t

and you came away from it thinking about gay sex

but yea, totally me

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, I called what you post sh*t

and you came away from it thinking about gay sex

but yea, totally me

^^^^^ Soon to be on ignore 

You are what you eat. 

What you post is more sh*t its drivel swamp ass sh*t nothing of any substance ever. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

You are what you eat. 

What you post is more sh*t its drivel swamp ass sh*t nothing of any substance ever. 

"i'm calling your posts sh*t"

"your posts are more sh*t"

sick burn, joewilly

sick. burn.

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

And will probably be the starting QB of the Broncos .  Your woman left, she's not coming back, and as a matter of fact she's in a serious relationship . Find yourself another woman and move on man .

He can't let go, is living in the past.  Look at his signature and avatar.  

On June 9, 2016 at 5:03 PM, joewilly12 said:

He's not good.  Teams figured out how to shut him down 2 years ago and he no longer has Harbaugh tasking him

Archived