Let me get this correct,,,,,,,,,,,

SouthernJet

If Fitz does not sign or signs elsewhere, and Hack/petty lose out to Geno, I will root my ass of for Geno. I see faults and would rather have Fitz, but I hope I am wrong and he becomes AllPro and a Hall of Famer. All I care about is Jet wins. Having Amaro as a safety Valve will be huge and it would be wise of Geno to utilize that until he gets his route trees up to par w/top 1/2 of NFL.

Khiry is a helluva RB and is also someone to lean on

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-6/FILM-REVIEW-Dont-Sleep-on-Robinson/1755c85c-2f82-4b42-834d-9cd2f355666b

Bleed Green.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree in a sense if the Jets sign Fitzpatrick I will support him 110% as I do any player in a Jets uniform all I care about is wins and want a Super Bowl victory.

I personally think Hack is answer and will be a solid QB in 2018 season. made zero sense to draft him w/petty/Geno on roster unless Mac (and Texans HC OBrien (Macs old boss in Houston and Hack sold coach at PSU in Pro Set system) REALLY saw something.. We make a run (cause I think Todd/Mac good HC/GM tandem) in the 2018-2022 range. Make playoffs in all those years. 

2017 will be Fitz again (if he signs and plays well in 2016) unless Hack or Geno REALLY shines in camp/preseason OR if we are eliminated at some point in 2017 season. 2016 is Fitz or Geno, but I fear 6 of 9 games on road to start. Hard mentally. Have to get off strong to keep spirits up. 

48 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

If Fitz does not sign or signs elsewhere, and Hack/petty lose out to Geno, I will root my ass of for Geno. I see faults and would rather have Fitz, but I hope I am wrong and he becomes AllPro and a Hall of Famer. All I care about is Jet wins. Having Amaro as a safety Valve will be huge and it would be wise of Geno to utilize that until he gets his route trees up to par w/top 1/2 of NFL.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-6/FILM-REVIEW-Dont-Sleep-on-Robinson/1755c85c-2f82-4b42-834d-9cd2f355666b

Bleed Green.

I think this is how most jets fan feel. especially guys who want to sign fitz. but I think there is more to it than just the starting qb. who is then the back up qb if the jets roll with just geno,hack, and petty? in what way, shape, or form is that smart? I don't know

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

I think this is how most jets fan feel. especially guys who want to sign fitz. but I think there is more to it than just the starting qb. who is then the back up qb if the jets roll with just geno,hack, and petty? in what way, shape, or form is that smart? I don't know

Just root for the Jets when whistle blows on Sept. 11th and forget about all other crap. 

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

Agreed.  But still not a reason to waste the cap space and time on Fitz IMO.

Still ticked we didn't grab Hoyer for cheap.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Agreed.  But still not a reason to waste the cap space and time on Fitz IMO.

Still ticked we didn't grab Hoyer for cheap.

again, we have a great young GM IMHO in Mac, and a great your HC off the Parcells/Belichik coaching tree in Todd.

lets give them 5 years and see what happens. I know it suck sto say 5 years after all the BS since 1970, but thats what it takes when a HC/GM come in with 3 new playbooks (Off/def/STs) and a new GM wit ha totally different approach to building team than previous regimes. I say 5 years cause I dont seew it happening after 2017 unless we get on a mental run w/Fitz in next 2 years. But schedule 2016 horrid for building early momentum, UNLESS we win :)

1 minute ago, SouthernJet said:

again, we have a great young GM IMHO in Mac, and a great your HC off the Parcells/Belichik coaching tree in Todd.

lets give them 5 years and see what happens. I know it suck sto say 5 years after all the BS since 1970, but thats what it takes when a HC/GM come in with 3 new playbooks (Off/def/STs) and a new GM wit ha totally different approach to building team than previous regimes. I say 5 years cause I dont seew it happening after 2017 unless we get on a mental run w/Fitz in next 2 years. But schedule 2016 horrid for building early momentum, UNLESS we win :)

5 years no no nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

sad-cartoon-father-time-illustration-loo

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

Bleed Green.

This is exactly how I feel and I am sure most others feel.

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

Bleed Green.

Calling Amaro a 'huge safety valve' is a huge stretch.  Thus far, the only thing we know for sure about him is that he has unnatural hands and he is a knucklehead of sorts.  The kind of player whose practice habits got him buried on the depth chart in last year's training camp before he was injured.  I hope he begins to tap into his potential but don't hold your breath.

I am cautiously excited about Khiry because of Parcells' comments about him a few years ago.  Also, we already know Sean Payton doesn't always play the best RB on his roster.

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Calling Amaro a 'huge safety valve' is a huge stretch.  Thus far, the only thing we know for sure about him is that he has unnatural hands and he is a knucklehead of sorts.  The kind of player whose practice habits got him buried on the depth chart in last year's training camp before he was injured.  I hope he begins to tap into his potential but don't hold your breath.

I am cautiously excited about Khiry because of Parcells' comments about him a few years ago.  Also, we already know Sean Payton doesn't always play the best RB on his roster.

ya

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree in a sense if the Jets sign Fitzpatrick I will support him 110% as I do any player in a Jets uniform all I care about is wins and want a Super Bowl victory.

Well....you are wrong on the SB.  MAny fans here want Fitz because they would rather be 7 and 9. Than take a shot on what Geno might be when under a hood OC and weapons.   7 and 9 is a SB for many of the FITZ apologists here.  

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It's my belief that the jets are doomed either way and drafting Hackenberg is a nail in the ol' sh*tbag coffin.

There's a better-than-even chance everyone's getting fired in eighteen months, but starting Geno this season would certainly speed things up a bit.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It's my belief that the jets are doomed either way and drafting Hackenberg is a nail in the ol' sh*tbag coffin.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

There's a better-than-even chance everyone's getting fired in eighteen months, but starting Geno this season would certainly speed things up a bit.

Not to worry. The juju from Yoenis Cespedes' grand slam is alive and well and Hackenberg's a lock for Canton as early as next year because of it.

All this sound good....in the offseason. What will happen is this, people who dont like Geno will continue to make it known, and if Geno starts week 1 people will root for the Jets but not Geno Smith. That truth will become evident the moment the Jets take their first loss and those fans can find any way to make that loss Geno's fault, whether it was his fault or not. Kinda like the Raiders game last year. Geno throws 2 TD's 1 INT, 270 yards and completed 65% of his passes with having a stretch of completing 9 passes in a row and having 2 TD's dropped, and people said that it was his fault because players got the "wind knocked out of them" when Geno walked onto the field and thats why the Jets defense gave up 34 points. 

The problem isnt even disliking Geno, the problem is having to potentially come across ridiculous statements similar to the one bolded above this coming season after every loss because people hate Geno. Not even because its true. 

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

All this sound good....in the offseason. What will happen is this, people who dont like Geno will continue to make it known, and if Geno starts week 1 people will root for the Jets but not Geno Smith. That truth will become evident the moment the Jets take their first loss and those fans can find any way to make that loss Geno's fault, whether it was his fault or not. Kinda like the Raiders game last year. Geno throws 2 TD's 1 INT, 270 yards and completed 65% of his passes with having a stretch of completing 9 passes in a row and having 2 TD's dropped, and people said that it was his fault because players got the "wind knocked out of them" when Geno walked onto the field and thats why the Jets defense gave up 34 points. 

The problem isnt even disliking Geno, the problem is having to potentially come across ridiculous statements similar to the one bolded above this coming season after every loss because people hate Geno. Not even because its true. 

If Geno starts I root for Geno. No doubt about it.  What does it take for you to be satisfied with Geno's performance next year if he starts?

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

LOL, love the way u encapsulate sh*t ;)

18 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

If Fitz does not sign or signs elsewhere, and Hack/petty lose out to Geno, I will root my ass of for Geno.

This should be a given for anyone who calls themselves a Jets Fan.  We root the laundry, root the Franchise.  The players come and go, we fans are forever.

Root for whomever they start/play.  Tear them apart as needed Mon.-Sat. on forums and/or sports radio, but root your ass off for them on Sunday.

Anything else, and well, are you really being a fan?   

P.S. I myself have failed to live up to the above at least once....Mike Vick.  I did not root for him, I rooted against him every time he stepped ont he field.  And I make no apologies for that.  In 30+ years of rooting for the Jets, it's the only time I can recall rooting against a player in Jets Green.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Wins. 

please be more specific.  I'll go ahead and say that teh playoffs is what i look at as being successful after last year.  This goes for whoever is under center for the Jets.  

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This should be a given for anyone who calls themselves a Jets Fan.  We root the laundry, root the Franchise.  The players come and go, we fans are forever.

Root for whomever they start/play.  Tear them apart as needed Mon.-Sat. on forums and/or sports radio, but root your ass off for them on Sunday.

Anything else, and well, are you really being a fan?   

P.S. I myself have failed to live up to the above at least once....Mike Vick.  I did not root for him, I rooted against him every time he stepped ont he field.  And I make no apologies for that.  In 30+ years of rooting for the Jets, it's the only time I can recall rooting against a player in Jets Green.

Seinfeld had it right in some respect, especially as you get older and have many other things in your life that take priority over freaking sports. he said we root for Jersey color,,"Yea, go , uhhh, #19" :)

I have never wavered myself, even w/Vick. I wasnt thrilled w/him, but i thought of other players on team, other fans etc...... cant he;p it.......Bleed Green

3 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

please be more specific.  I'll go ahead and say that teh playoffs is what i look at as being successful after last year.  This goes for whoever is under center for the Jets.  

agree, it would be a HUGE thing w/brutal schedule. HUGE. 

Just now, SouthernJet said:

agree, it would be a HUGE thing w/brutal schedule. HUGE. 

Last year, success was watching a competitive team with an offense that didnt make me cringe and put up points.  being in the hunt through the last game of the season thanks to that win streak was very exciting and entertaining.  This year we should take a step forward to be considered successful imo. that being playoffs. Schedule is what it is, our opponents need to play us as well.  get tested early and improve as the season goes on.

9 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Well, if we're talking about a specific player then playoffs may not work too well for a guy like Geno. I remember Sanchez getting to the AFCCG in his first 2 seasons and all you can hear from Jets fans is "The defense carried him" or any other excuse you could find. There will be a similar excuse for Geno I'd assume. However, if you're looking for personal stats then I would say something similar to this. 

4,000+ yards, 

30+ TD's

18- INT's 

350+ rushing yards

3+ rushing TD's. 

30- Sacks

I said "wins" the first time because stats dont really tell the story. Ryan Tannehill threw for over 4000 yards the last two seasons yet im just as skeptical as everyone else when it comes to Tanny. 

11 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Last year, success was watching a competitive team with an offense that didnt make me cringe and put up points.  being in the hunt through the last game of the season thanks to that win streak was very exciting and entertaining.  This year we should take a step forward to be considered successful imo. that being playoffs. Schedule is what it is, our opponents need to play us as well.  get tested early and improve as the season goes on.

yes and no. opponents have same schedule  (in afc-e) but for some reason we have 6 of 9 on road to start. thats 6 of 8 after home opener. No one else has to do that on raod so much so early. have otwin I agree, but BRUTAL in nFL to play on road, very very hard to win on road in NFL. I fear tuf early road sked (even if we play well, but lose close games) could make a 3-6 schedule which would cause a drop in confidence in locker room... Need to be 6-4, 5-5 at worst case at BYE week. If so, the late season home games will help us. If 3-7, 4-6, probably wont make a difference.......... Bleed Green

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, if we're talking about a specific player then playoffs may not work too well for a guy like Geno. I remember Sanchez getting to the AFCCG in his first 2 seasons and all you can hear from Jets fans is "The defense carried him" or any other excuse you could find. There will be a similar excuse for Geno I'd assume. However, if you're looking for personal stats then I would say something similar to this. 

4,000+ yards, 

30+ TD's

18- INT's 

350+ rushing yards

3+ rushing TD's. 

30- Sacks

I said "wins" the first time because stats dont really tell the story. Ryan Tannehill threw for over 4000 yards the last two seasons yet im just as skeptical as everyone else when it comes to Tanny. 

What happened to you Villian??? you say wins then you contradict yourself and post stats and then you contradict that with saying even with stats, you are skeptical... I'll even mention that stats are being overrun by "advanced metrics" these days.  Close plays are not being looked at as if they never happened or if they didnt happen are looked at as happening. 

So, even with a "scary" schedule, I'll say that I expect Fitz to lead us to the playoffs if he signs here.  If he doesnt and Geno is by default the starter, can he make the playoffs?

15 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

4,000+ yards, 

30+ TD's

18- INT's 

350+ rushing yards

3+ rushing TD's. 

30- Sacks

Anyone with even a modicum of football knowledge could see how those elite Defenses carried Sanchez those two AFCCG regular seasons.  Sanchez only rose beyond "burden" once he made the playoffs, where, admittedly, he performed better and was closer to average.  Same can be said of Geno in his "8 win" season.  The numbers prove it out rather conclusively, presuming one can actually accept facts for what they are.

With that said, if Geno can put up the numbers you list in 2016, vs. the predicted more difficult schedule, that would be exceptional progress from him.  Almost unprecedented.  And very VERY welcome.

Kudos to you for actually having the balls to put this kind of speculation/prediction down in writing.  Most of those who support Geno Smith abjectly refuse to do so. 

19 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Bleed Green.

Agree I root for the franchise more so than any one player. Geno may be a crummy QB and a jackazz but he hasnt given me any reason to root against him like some other NFL thugturds have.

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

What happened to you Villian??? you say wins then you contradict yourself and post stats and then you contradict that with saying even with stats, you are skeptical... I'll even mention that stats are being overrun by "advanced metrics" these days.  Close plays are not being looked at as if they never happened or if they didnt happen are looked at as happening. 

So, even with a "scary" schedule, I'll say that I expect Fitz to lead us to the playoffs if he signs here.  If he doesnt and Geno is by default the starter, can he make the playoffs?

I didnt contradict myself. I said "wins", you told me be "more specific", then I proceeded to show stats but informed you that "stats" dont really tell the story, but since you're looking for "stats" thats what I presented you. 

Nothing happened. I just gave you want you asked for since you didnt accept my original answer. 

57 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Anyone with even a modicum of football knowledge could see how those elite Defenses carried Sanchez those two AFCCG regular seasons.  Sanchez only rose beyond "burden" once he made the playoffs, where, admittedly, he performed better and was closer to average.  Same can be said of Geno in his "8 win" season.  The numbers prove it out rather conclusively, presuming one can actually accept facts for what they are.

With that said, if Geno can put up the numbers you list in 2016, vs. the predicted more difficult schedule, that would be exceptional progress from him.  Almost unprecedented.  And very VERY welcome.

Kudos to you for actually having the balls to put this kind of speculation/prediction down in writing.  Most of those who support Geno Smith abjectly refuse to do so. 

Im not arguing the fact, im stating that if Geno has a solid season and we make it to the playoffs that we'll hear similar talk just like what we heard with Sanchez, no matter what Geno does....unless he has some Cam Newton-type season and is awarded an MVP for it or something along those lines. 

What is ultimately being said is, there will be some sort of excuse to discredit because the QB is Geno Smith.

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im not arguing the fact, im stating that if Geno has a solid season and we make it to the playoffs that we'll hear similar talk just like what we heard with Sanchez, no matter what Geno does....unless he has some Cam Newton-type season and is awarded an MVP for it or something along those lines. 

What is ultimately being said is, there will be some sort of excuse to discredit because the QB is Geno Smith.

I thought that Sanchez made some plays for us in the playoffs, could he carry the team, no, but he didnt need to.  I think if Geno starts he already has the built in excuse of strength of schedule.  Why I prefer wins, I wouldnt fault Geno for winning.  

Archived