Reggie Ragland goes down

Jetster

Sorry to see any player becoming injured but our week 2 match up with the Bills is looking better and better.  I really want that game so so many reasons....  

Sammy Watkins is on the active/PUP list with his offseason surgery on his broken foot. He says his foot is healed and he is running well but not cutting one way yet. Josina Anderson of ESPN reports the Bills are expected to activate him next week.

Marcus Easley begins camp on the Active/PUP list which means he can be activated at anytime. He is finishing his recovery from a devastating knee injury. 

Seantrel Henderson is back with the team as he continues his battle with Crohn's disease. He had two surgeries, one to remove the effected area of the intestines and another to re-attach it. He is working on the side as he tries to gain back the weight he needs to compete. He begins camp on the Active/Non Football Illness list but he did pass his conditioning test. 

Shaq Lawson underwent surgery on his troublesome shoulder after aggravating the injury during OTAs. He is expected to be sidelined at least the first five or six weeks of the season. He is on the Active/PUP list. 

Kyle Williams had surgery on his knee injury to the meniscus during last season. He feels he is on target to be ready for the season and should be ready to go but they will be careful with him and not rush him back on the field too soon. He starts training camp on the Active/PUP list. 

23 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Sorry to see any player becoming injured but our week 2 match up with the Bills is looking better and better.  I really want that game so so many reasons....  

Sammy Watkins is on the active/PUP list with his offseason surgery on his broken foot. He says his foot is healed and he is running well but not cutting one way yet. Josina Anderson of ESPN reports the Bills are expected to activate him next week.

Marcus Easley begins camp on the Active/PUP list which means he can be activated at anytime. He is finishing his recovery from a devastating knee injury. 

Seantrel Henderson is back with the team as he continues his battle with Crohn's disease. He had two surgeries, one to remove the effected area of the intestines and another to re-attach it. He is working on the side as he tries to gain back the weight he needs to compete. He begins camp on the Active/Non Football Illness list but he did pass his conditioning test. 

Shaq Lawson underwent surgery on his troublesome shoulder after aggravating the injury during OTAs. He is expected to be sidelined at least the first five or six weeks of the season. He is on the Active/PUP list. 

Kyle Williams had surgery on his knee injury to the meniscus during last season. He feels he is on target to be ready for the season and should be ready to go but they will be careful with him and not rush him back on the field too soon. He starts training camp on the Active/PUP list. 

I don't cheer for injuries but they happen in this game & I hope we're healthier than our opponents all year. Just look at the Patriots 1st 4 games now. Buffalo might not be 100% & Houston might not have Watt or Hopkins. 

We're getting Cincy without their starting MLB & their starting TE. If the Bills are hurting in the 2nd game all the better. We need these 1st 2 games badly. It's looking to me that the Pats will go 3-1 WITHOUT BRADY. We need to keep up so we can take the head to head with them late in the season. Our youngsters should be contributing by then on defense at least.

14 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I don't cheer for injuries but they happen in this game & I hope we're healthier than our opponents all year. Just look at the Patriots 1st 4 games now. Buffalo might not be 100% & Houston might not have Watt or Hopkins. 

We're getting Cincy without their starting MLB & their starting TE. If the Bills are hurting in the 2nd game all the better. We need these 1st 2 games badly. It's looking to me that the Pats will go 3-1 WITHOUT BRADY. We need to keep up so we can take the head to head with them late in the season. Our youngsters should be contributing by then on defense at least.

The Pats game is Rex's SB.  He'll have them ready for that one.

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

The Pats game is Rex's SB.  He'll have them ready for that one.

God I hope so. We need someone out of Houston, Buffalo, Miami, to trip Jimmy G up. I have no doubt with their lousy pass rush without Chandler Jones that the Cardinals will out score them @ home. Home opener, getting the Pats without Brady, primetime game, I see the Pats trying to play catchup with small ball, while the Cards give Palmer enough time to go deep to John Brown & Floyd while Fitzgerald kills them underneath vs they're 3rd CB or McCourty. No way Pats have the depth to stop that passing game + the running of that young stud RB the Cards have. Let's hope it's a BAD LOSS that shakes Garrapolos confidence a bit.

Be nice to hear the Pats fans booing early if they come home 0-1 & start off like sh*t in their home opener. Hell, they boo the team if their losing before halftime when Bradys QBing.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

God I hope so. We need someone out of Houston, Buffalo, Miami, to trip Jimmy G up. I have no doubt with their lousy pass rush without Chandler Jones that the Cardinals will out score them @ home. Home opener, getting the Pats without Brady, primetime game, I see the Pats trying to play catchup with small ball, while the Cards give Palmer enough time to go deep to John Brown & Floyd while Fitzgerald kills them underneath vs they're 3rd CB or McCourty. No way Pats have the depth to stop that passing game + the running of that young stud RB the Cards have. Let's hope it's a BAD LOSS that shakes Garrapolos confidence a bit.

Be nice to hear the Pats fans booing early if they come home 0-1 & start off like sh*t in their home opener. Hell, they boo the team if their losing before halftime when Bradys QBing.

First they'll blame the officials

5 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Ragland is a classic Rex pick. I guess the few people that hate the Lee pick would love him, but he just doesn't fit the new NFL. I would rather he could play. Slow and lumbering we'd run around him all day. Especially as a rookie.  

This isn't 2002 football where all 3-4 LB's were 6-3 255-260 pounds.  Ryan and
a few posters on the board still haven't learned that.  Offenses now are all about
spreading defenses out and getting mismatches.  LB's have to be fast not elephants

Just now, KRL said:

a few posters on the board still haven't learned that.  Offenses now are all about
spreading defenses out and getting mismatches.  LB's have to be fast not elephants

Hence Darron Lee...same size as Bobby Wagner. Lee is YOUNG and still growing into a man for God sakes. He has that something that is really intriguing & that is he's really laid back all smiles off the field, everyone says he's very intelligent. But already they're saying he's a whole different character on the field. I love players with that attitude!

So many injuries for the Bills so far.  It will be interesting to watch how Rex and his conditioning team handle these.  From our own experience, I've always felt Rex and his coaches rushed players back too soon and didn't provide an adequate plan for re-entry in most cases which resulted in re-injury or a worse injury.

On 8/6/2016 at 7:45 AM, Jetster said:

we also have no sheldon vs a good running bengals team,,tuf game........

2 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I am not worried about any running teams. The quick passing game is where we've always struggled. Teams that abandoned the run gave us the most trouble. Yet to be seen if we can stop it now, but that is where we attempted to shore up the defense this year. 

It'll be a tough game, but I don't think we'll be run over. I hope they try.

7 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

But we have McClendon, Jenkins & another 350Lb fat guy (Simon?) with Leo & Mo it should be enough. Didn't the Steelers stuff the Cincy running game in the playoffs?

23 hours ago, KRL said:

Maccagnan gave a 31 year old David Harris a three year extension.  Ragland is that kind of player.

17 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Maccagnan gave a 31 year old David Harris a three year extension.  Ragland is that kind of player.

Well yes and no. Harris wears the headset and quarterbacks the defense.  I'm sure when it's time to replace Harris that Mac will find someone with a similar skill set +.  Actually it will be interesting, when the time comes, to see exactly what sort of replacement Mac comes up with.       

Archived