There is football today...

k-met57

4 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Can't wait.  I can't say I don't have a little extra pep in my step today.  I absolutely can't wait until Thursday.  I can't wait to see our younguns play.  Really excited to see what Jalin Marshall brings in an actual game.

First time in a long time we are stacked with young up and coming talent that is going to bring it hard in the preseason. Mix of rookies and 2nd and 3rd year players looking to show they belong. should be a fun preseason.

29 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

First time in a long time we are stacked with young up and coming talent that is going to bring it hard in the preseason. Mix of rookies and 2nd and 3rd year players looking to show they belong. should be a fun preseason.

Lets hope....   are you the Pace U guy BTW?  I cant remember.

We are the Harvard of lower Manhattan.  LMAO.  Here in NC, no one knows Pace.

I describe Pace to them  as the school which produces the most CPA's per capita.  Probably close to the truth.

Wish I knew that before I got my engineering degree :-) but I am not complaining, I've done ok.

I think you went to white plains right? I went by downtown campus the other day...Its like a different world from when I was there in early 2000's.

28 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Wish I knew that before I got my engineering degree :-) but I am not complaining, I've done ok.

I think you went to white plains right? I went by downtown campus the other day...Its like a different world from when I was there in early 2000's.

No...I'm a downtown guy.  Finished in 86.  Got a job with Price Waterhouse and I also have done well.   

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

God damn right. The Mets are tragic, so I'll actually be looking forward to watching Fitzpatrick be the John Maine of NFL quarterbacking.

Man only if he could be the Rick Reed, or Bobby Jones of NFL quarterbacking then maybe the Jets would have a shot at the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Fibonacci said:

And tonight, the world is right again. Without football, there is no life. People don't breathe. Cities are dead. Life as we know it turns into a vegetative state. Life without football sucks. 

+1

Very psyched for Thursday night.  Will be in the house.

Will be great to see the masses in Green and White for the first time in months.

JWB and NY Prime Strip Steaks are on the menu in Lot G.

Can't wait!

4 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Have they announced any fireings yet

CANTON, Ohio -- Sunday night's Hall of Fame game between the Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts has been canceled because of field conditions at Tom Benson Stadium, Hall of Fame president/executive director David Baker told ESPN's Lisa Salters.

Multiple sources told ESPN.com that both the Packers and Colts were worried about player safety as crews worked feverishly to spray solvent on the area around the midfield logo. The issue stemmed from the paint used on the logo and in the end zones.

One Packers player described it as "like cement" at midfield, where workers spent more than an hour trying to make it playable.

"The end zones are just as bad," the same player said about 90 minutes before the scheduled 8 p.m. ET kickoff.

"The paint on the logo won't allow a cleat to penetrate it," a Colts source said. "A definite hazard to player safety."

Packers coach Mike McCarthy and Colts coach Chuck Pagano both watched as crews tried to rectify the problem. Baker later met with representatives of both teams.

This is not the same surface used in last year's Hall of Fame game, when Steelers kicker Shaun Suishman sustained a season-ending injury.

lol, what did they use ?

5 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I am mildly disappointed as a Jets fan to be honest. I can't think how frustrated Colts and Packers fans are. Meaningful or not, these games are a good chance for us fans to see rookies and players on the bubble. 

true, but they still have 4 left each

Archived