Fitz Rated 25th out of 33 NFL QB's

peekskill68

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not usually the cause. I'm just prone to dumping lots and lots of gasoline on the dumpster fire once it's already smoldering. :)

Quit stealing AVM's persona.  Next you'll be telling us about how you're a man of simple tastes, and that you enjoy dynamite, gunpowder, and gasoline.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, j4jets said:

Sorry you don't like the idea of Fitz being beat by Geno. 

do you actually read what you post ? Fitz is the starting QB so how does what you just posted make any sense at all ??

If Geno was beating Fitz he would be the starter but most if not every living football fan, coach, GM, knows that Geno can not function under pressure and we have a rather large sample size of that. The guy plays afraid in the pocket and that's a part of the game that's the hardest thing to over come at the QB position if not damn near impossible.

Talented guy. good in shorts NOT a game day NFL QB. This is not WV where no one touched the guy

46 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

do you actually read what you post ? Fitz is the starting QB so how does what you just posted make any sense at all ??

If Geno was beating Fitz he would be the starter but most if not every living football fan, coach, GM, knows that Geno can not function under pressure and we have a rather large sample size of that. The guy plays afraid in the pocket and that's a part of the game that's the hardest thing to over come at the QB position if not damn near impossible.

Talented guy. good in shorts NOT a game day NFL QB. This is not WV where no one touched the guy

It's amazing I get ripped on here for supporting Fitz and trying to be positive and the same people that rip me apart are praising Macc and Bowles, yet oblivious to the fact that Macc and Bowles feel essentially the same way I do about Fitz, as they did not sign anyone else in the offseason and paid him probably FIVE times the amount of any other QB on the roster because they had at least a decent level of faith in the guy. I never said Fitz was a HOF'er, but the amount of venom spewed against him is getting pretty ridiculous. He put up one of the best seasons ever for a Jet, yet he somehow hasn't earned a low level starting QB salary for a year. Just two seasons ago the Jets were a laughing stock. What short memories people have.

56 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Wait wait wait. You're saying Fitz CAN function under pressure? I mean, 11 years in the league n he's never won more than 6 games, save for an aberration year last year. That's called a sample size, not judging a rookie QB with sh*t cast. Speaking of which, he got us 8 wins that year too, but I'm sure he was passing in shorts then and in his last 6 games in the league. It's either that or his opponents were flat. 

Just now, j4jets said:

Wait wait wait. You're saying Fitz CAN function under pressure? I mean, 11 years in the league n he's never won more than 6 games, save for an aberration year last year. That's called a sample size, not judging a rookie QB with sh*t cast. Speaking of which, he got us 8 wins that year too, but I'm sure he was passing in shorts then and in his last 6 games in the league. It's either that or his opponents were flat. 

you have to do better than this.

6 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

It's amazing I get ripped on here for supporting Fitz and trying to be positive and the same people that rip me apart are praising Macc and Bowles, yet oblivious to the fact that Macc and Bowles feel essentially the same way I do about Fitz, as they did not sign anyone else in the offseason and paid him probably FIVE times the amount of any other QB on the roster because they had at least a decent level of faith in the guy. I never said Fitz was a HOF'er, but the amount of venom spewed against him is getting pretty ridiculous. He put up one of the best seasons ever for a Jet, yet he somehow hasn't earned a low level starting QB salary for a year. Just two seasons ago the Jets were a laughing stock. What short memories people have.

Calling a journeyman a journeyman is now considered "spewing venom"? If this was a young team, Fitz saga would've never happened. As it is, this is a team with a bunch of 30+ vets and essentially a win now team. Such teams prefer to go with a known quantity at QB, albeit the backup quality as opposed to taking a flyer with Geno. Even then, most of Fitz haters don't agree with Maccs decision to bid against himself and overpay for a 'never-has-been' QB. That doesn't mean we have to hate the GM. We don't even hate Fitz. We just don't think he's worth $12 mil or the better QB. If he feels different, be my guest n prove me wrong. I'm all for it. 

25 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Calling a journeyman a journeyman is now considered "spewing venom"? If this was a young team, Fitz saga would've never happened. As it is, this is a team with a bunch of 30+ vets and essentially a win now team. Such teams prefer to go with a known quantity at QB, albeit the backup quality as opposed to taking a flyer with Geno. Even then, most of Fitz haters don't agree with Maccs decision to bid against himself and overpay for a 'never-has-been' QB. That doesn't mean we have to hate the GM. We don't even hate Fitz. We just don't think he's worth $12 mil or the better QB. If he feels different, be my guest n prove me wrong. I'm all for it. 

Your answer is reasonable. It's the Fitz can't throw more than ten yards/he's a loser crowd that gets me. Yes, he is a journeyman, but he performed admirably last season, and well enough to keep a highly touted high round pick on the bench. I think it's tempting for many to think the grass is greener with another QB, but it is not easy to find a young guy available who can outperform Fitz at this point in his career. The Bills got rid of Fitz and floundered for years, the titans got so bad after Fitz they lucked into MM, who is still unproven. And the Texans still need an answer at QB. Our guys are a LONG ways off. It would seem to make sense to support the guy until our guys develop or we hit on a great QB in the draft. Until then, all the negativity is just senseless and exasperating.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Dude, I am not arguing over the credibility of his statement. I'm pointing out to you that two of the things he said are not mutually exclusive.

To me, not having a grasp on logic, then scolding people for making logical statements, is kind of douchey.

You're arguing who knows what.  It's not two hypothetical teams or players, it was Gitz and the Jets.

im not scolding anyone, you're trying to make a simple comment and turn it into a debate

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

What's next, gonna pull a Villian and tell everyone how you "owned me".  Best of luck with that my friend.

Says our leading furious crybaby.  "Boo hoo why you say Geno!"

Geno doesn't "need" to do anything, he's the backup.  He needs to backup.

Fitz needs to play QB better than any other QB on the roster could in the eyes of the GM and Head Coach.  

If he fails to do so, he'll be benched, or should be.  

Best ever at throwing TD passes in a single season in a Jets Uniform, actually.  2nd best at passing yards since Namath (3rd best overall).

I'm sure you have "advanced" stats that say otherwise, of course.  

No, a picture of a whining little brat suits you perfectly IMO.  No "irony" required.

If only you knew what that word means.  You don't, but that's par for the course with you.

Here, let me help you:

Full Definition of hypocrite
1:  a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2:  a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
hypocrite adjective

The phrase you're seeking is "inconsistent".  As in, "your argument/position/opinion is inconsistent".

Of course, my argument is not inconsistent at all, be it Fitz, or Geno, they both need to play better than the other QB's on the roster could in the eyes of the Head Coach, or they should be benched.  Fitz gives us the best chance to win for now, and for that to remain the case will be on Fitz's play, Geno's play in practice, and Bowles opinion of Fitz/Geno.  I don't have "win totals required" for either player, because both are likely to be elsewhere in 2017 no matter what I say or think.

That you insist that your idiotic argument where Geno must win more games than Fitz proves what a clown comment you threw out there.  Your usual pompous nonsense.  

What an overblown, shlt argument 

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Quit stealing AVM's persona.  Next you'll be telling us about how you're a man of simple tastes, and that you enjoy dynamite, gunpowder, and gasoline.

You forget yourself, I pioneered the joker thing, and then anointed him (as he was most worthy) when  I couldn't support both sociopath AND ape.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You're arguing who knows what.  It's not two hypothetical teams or players, it was Gitz and the Jets.

im not scolding anyone, you're trying to make a simple comment and turn it into a debate

No, I quite clearly stated that the two weren't mutually exclusive. You keep responding with fringe nonsense I don't care about. I don't care who was right, I'm not arguing. I just pointed out your flawed logic.

If doesn't matter dude, it's clearly over your head. Yell some other junk if you want, you still don't get basic logic. Sheesh... You try to help some people. If you listened you could make stronger points against him.... But nnnnnoooooooooooooo

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, I quite clearly stated that the two weren't mutually exclusive. You keep responding with fringe nonsense I don't care about. I don't care who was right, I'm not arguing. I just pointed out your flawed logic.

If doesn't matter dude, it's clearly over your head. Yell some other junk if you want, you still don't get basic logic. Sheesh... You try to help some people. If you listened you could make stronger points against him.... But nnnnnoooooooooooooo

Clearly over my head.  As in trying to figure out why a handful will argue anything until the end of time. Whole time missing the point.  No one ever said they weren't or couldn't be mutually exclusive but you're so happy having an argument you want to give a pile of bullshlt and dress it up as logic as if it takes much to understand.  You think you won something.  Good for you 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Clearly over my head.  As in trying to figure out why a handful will argue anything until the end of time. Whole time missing the point.  No one ever said they weren't or couldn't be mutually exclusive but you're so happy having an argument you want to give a pile of bullshlt and dress it up as logic as if it takes much to understand.  You think you won something.  Good for you 

No, in your rebuttal to him, it was clear how you saw it. I corrected you. You wigged out. It's not an argument, it's me being correct and you wiggling out.

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And several of the QB's behind him (Carr, Bortles, Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz) are on their rookie deals, and some of them will be making a lot more than Fitz ever did.

Good point

12 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

In 2012 Scott Chandler Had 43 Rec, 571 Yards, 6 TD's  Avg. 13.3 Yards per catch in 15 games.

Sign me up for Amaro getting those numbers right now. 

Thanks, in my uneducated opinion Scott Chandler probably represents Amaro's upside.

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

How does Carr, Winston, and Bortles rank behind Fitz?  All 3 are twice the QB Fitz is now, has been, or ever will be.  I think Winston threw for like 4000 yards last year more then Fitzy.  So he is more like 28 out of 33 QB's, and one could make the case that backups like Jimmy G, Chase Daniel, are also better then him.

Yeah, some are underpaid, some are overpaid. But Fitz is the Goldilocks of NFL QBs and is perfectly paid.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

No, in your rebuttal to him, it was clear how you saw it. I corrected you. You wigged out. It's not an argument, it's me being correct and you wiggling out.

Do me a favor.  Don't correct me, I don't need your help.  You took a specific statement.  With actual people and are stuck on explaining how it could work on a hypothetical situation.  Congrats. I'm wiggling and you're a fu(king genius. 

Who can't stop repeating himself

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Do me a favor.  Don't correct me, I don't need your help.  You took a specific statement.  With actual people and are stuck on explaining how it could work on a hypothetical situation.  Congrats. I'm wiggling and you're a fu(king genius. 

Why are you yelling at me? Hahahaha... 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You have chosen a very accurate nickname

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

That you insist that your idiotic argument where Geno must win more games than Fitz proves what a clown comment you threw out there.  Your usual pompous nonsense.  

What an overblown, shlt argument 

Stop making up arguments that don't exist or only exist in your head ffs.  Read the post you respond to next time.:rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Stop making up arguments that don't exist or only exist in your head ffs.  Read the post you respond to next time.:rolleyes:

Your long, pompous and boring post? 

Try making sense.  Why did you "demand" Geno win 10+ games and Fitz only needs to win 6 or 8?  

Other than the obvious.  

11 hours ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Only five QB's won more games than Fitz last season, and he missed a game and played several with essentially one hand.  Bless all those 5-6 win QB's ranked ahead of Fitz...keep making excuses for the Tannehill's and Bradford's. This offense has a shot at being pretty potent this season.

Wins are the only thing that matters when evaluating Fitz ("No more than 6 wins until last year!"). But when ranking other players ahead of him, the subjective and undefinable metric of "potential" comes into play to justify knocking moving them up a few spots. For those who want to talk potential, at least be consistent and allow intangibles into the mix. Look how the team is excited by and rallies behind Fitz. Don't see the Bears doing that for Cutler or Miami for Tannenhill, just two of the QBs "ranked" higher than Fitzpatrick.

23 hours ago, vicmill said:

Fitz got his 12 mil because he played chicken better than MAC and Mac blinked first.  There were no other offers out there and Fitz would have eventually signed for what was being offered.

23 hours ago, slats said:

QFT

False. He is being paid according to what he is worth as valued by his play last season and the play of all other QBs in the NFL last season. The article in the opening post of this thread ranks him as the 25th best QB in the league; he is the 23rd highest paid QB in the league. Here is a list of the next 23 highest paid QBs after Fitz:

Robert Griffin III Browns
Chase Daniel Eagles
Jared Goff Rams
Carson Wentz Eagles
Jameis Winston Buccaneers
Marcus Mariota Titans
Blake Bortles Jaguars
Josh McCown Browns
Mark Sanchez Broncos
Chad Henne Jaguars
Case Keenum Rams
Drew Stanton Cardinals
Shaun Hill Vikings
Matt Hasselbeck Colts
Colt McCoy Redskins
Matthew McGloin Raiders
Paxton Lynch Broncos
Derek Anderson Panthers
EJ Manuel Bills
Austin Davis Browns
Blaine Gabbert 49ers
Charlie Whitehurst  
Brandon Weeden Texans

Looks like he's being paid what he was worth after last season.

And if you're still looking for someone to blame for Fitz being paid appropriate with his play last season, look over at Brock Osweiler. 

This had nothing to do with Mac 'caving'.

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

lol, nice answer. 

Better than making up straw men arguments and then foaming at the mouth over them, which seems to be all you're good for these days.

Guess it's finally time to test out the "Ignore Feature".

34 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

False. He is being paid according to what he is worth as valued by his play last season and the play of all other QBs in the NFL last season. The article in the opening post of this thread ranks him as the 25th best QB in the league; he is the 23rd highest paid QB in the league. Here is a list of the next 23 highest paid QBs after Fitz:

Chase Daniel Eagles
Jared Goff Rams
Carson Wentz Eagles
Marcus Mariota Titans
Blake Bortles Jaguars
Josh McCown Browns
Mark Sanchez Broncos
Chad Henne Jaguars
Case Keenum Rams
Drew Stanton Cardinals
Shaun Hill Vikings
Matt Hasselbeck Colts
Colt McCoy Redskins
Matthew McGloin Raiders
Paxton Lynch Broncos
Derek Anderson Panthers
EJ Manuel Bills
Austin Davis Browns
Blaine Gabbert 49ers
Charlie Whitehurst  
Brandon Weeden Texans

And if you're still looking for someone to blame for Fitz being paid appropriate with his play last season, look over at Brock Osweiler. 

I'd rather have a guy like Fitz for 1 year at 12 than 5 years at 50 with 30 guaranteed. Can't ignore that one year deals tend to have a premium attached to them as the player is taking more risk and the team is getting more flexibility. that's worth something.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Chase Daniel Eagles
Jared Goff Rams
Carson Wentz Eagles
Marcus Mariota Titans
Blake Bortles Jaguars
Josh McCown Browns
Mark Sanchez Broncos
Chad Henne Jaguars
Case Keenum Rams
Drew Stanton Cardinals
Shaun Hill Vikings
Matt Hasselbeck Colts
Colt McCoy Redskins
Matthew McGloin Raiders
Paxton Lynch Broncos
Derek Anderson Panthers
EJ Manuel Bills
Austin Davis Browns
Blaine Gabbert 49ers
Charlie Whitehurst  
Brandon Weeden Texans

So that ESPN list is some sort of official ranking of QBs, which should then be used to determine how much they get paid? I did not know that. 

Listen, it's water under the bridge, and Fitz is here now, but your list of QBs doesn't change the fact that Fitzpatrick didn't have any other offers close to the 3/$24M that had been on the table for months. If Mac hadn't caved -which he did- Fitz would've been going back to Elway to ask if he was serious with that one year, $7M quasi-offer. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Better than making up straw men arguments and then foaming at the mouth over them, which seems to be all you're good for these days.

Guess it's finally time to test out the "Ignore Feature".

Guessing you've decided to ignore me when I asked why it is that you "demand" Geno win 10+ games if he starts and Fitz only needs to win 6 or 8?   Legit question.  Why you have different standards.  While arguing it's over my head?  

Mr Straw Man is calling others the same, and threatening to ignore, priceless.  

Archived