Geno Opens up About IK Punch

AFJF

3 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Cowboys will probably pick him up next year and with a solid O-line and good receivers he'll be a top ten QB next year. Ha!!

But when he isn't  that's because he only had good receivers not Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker

14 minutes ago, ljr said:

But when he isn't  that's because he only had good receivers not Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker

I really would like to see what he could do with those guys. Remember he had Kerley, Nelson, Cumberland, etc. and he was a rookie when he stunk.

11 hours ago, Jet9 said:

He set the team's single season record for TDs.

If a player scores 50 goals out of nowhere you put him on the 4th line the next year? 

If an OF hits 30 HRs out of nowhere one year you make him a platoon guy the next? 

16 sacks means you are a 3rd down DE next year?

Do you think he sets the record throwing to the likes of Gates and Hill?

Some bad examples here. A NFL QB stats are heavily influenced by his receivers. A HR hitter gets zero help from his teammates and it's batter vs pitcher. A goal scorer is influenced somewhat by his teammates by getting a good pass or deflection/screen, but it is primarily shooter vs goalie. These are basically one on one matchups (which really tells how good the player is), nothing like football.

1 minute ago, billo83 said:

Do you think he sets the record throwing to the likes of Gates and Hill?

Some bad examples here. A NFL QB stats are heavily influenced by his receivers. A HR hitter gets zero help from his teammates and it's batter vs pitcher. A goal scorer is influenced somewhat by his teammates by getting a good pass or deflection/screen, but it is primarily shooter vs goalie. These are basically one on one matchups (which really tells how good the player is), nothing like football.

This is true. However Brandon Marshall also recorded the best season of his career with Fitz last year. 

1 hour ago, ljr said:

Logic is not welcome to the diehard Geno fans

Nor to the Fitz lovers.

Seriously dude, do you think Fitz has the same success throwing to Gates and Hill? You need to drop the Anti-Geno agenda when looking at this. There is no doubt that Fitz stats were heavily padded by Marshall/Decker. The guy is a career journeyman for a reason. Now that's not saying Geno is better, but lets be real about the talent level that he had around him the 1st 2 years. Oh, and Geno didn't have a 3rd year starting as you try to proclaim.

I'm not a Geno lover, but I would have liked to have seen what he could have done with this talent level, especially considering his ceiling is way higher than Fitz. I really hope I wrong on this, but unfortunately we won't ever know.

2 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Nor to the Fitz lovers.

Seriously dude, do you think Fitz has the same success throwing to Gates and Hill? You need to drop the Anti-Geno agenda when looking at this. There is no doubt that Fitz stats were heavily padded by Marshall/Decker. The guy is a career journeyman for a reason. Now that's not saying Geno is better, but lets be real about the talent level that he had around him the 1st 2 years. Oh, and Geno didn't have a 3rd year starting as you try to proclaim.

I'm not a Geno lover, but I would have liked to have seen what he could have done with this talent level, especially considering his ceiling is way higher than Fitz. I really hope I wrong on this, but unfortunately we won't ever know.

Fitz was just about slightly below average in Buffalo. David Nelson was one of his main targets.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Talk about completely missing the point

Tell me what the point is, then.

I hear a guy, who causes his own drama by being an ass, and is now leveraging it into a "poor me, I shall overcome" narrative.

By this logic, not paying your debts, taunting a teammate about it, and then getting socked in the mouth = him losing his job = him being the victim. It completely shrugs off accountability, and insisting that he'll still be the same person shows zero remorse for his role in causing this outcome for himself.

Sounds like he hasn't learned anything to me. I'm glad to hear he is playing good training camp football, again. Too bad he seems like a putz.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually more than a few here swore he couldn't and wouldn't

I don't see the maturity you do in this piece.  

I see the same immature, misguided entitled kid who still hasn't accepted his responsibility for what happened and where he is in his career.  He's still considers himself a martyr, a victim of the actions of others, not of his own making.

it's rather clear he thinks he should have been handed the starters job this year, and he's "pissed off" about it.  He can't even use the right phrases to the media to at least sound like a good-soldier-backup.

Sadly for him, he lacks any cred to create a QB controversy, which is what his comments could do if he were a better QB.

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is true. However Brandon Marshall also recorded the best season of his career with Fitz last year. 

Yes, I'm not saying Fitz didn't have anything to do with hit. But Marshall padded Fitz stats and not the other way around. BM also had Decker playing along side of him and a very good OC in Gailey. A perfect storm IMO.

But Marshall padded Fitz stats and not the other way around. BM also had Decker playing along side of him and a very good OC in Gailey. A perfect storm IMO.

I hear Jerry Rice, Dwight Clark and Roger Craig really helped pad Joe Montana's stats in 1987, thus making his 31 TD's that near not so great.

I wonder how Geno would do throwing to Jerry Rice, Roger Craig and Dwight Clark......

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I hear Jerry Rice, Dwight Clark and Roger Craig really helped pad Joe Montana's stats in 1987, thus making his 31 TD's that near not so great.

I wonder how Geno would do throwing to Jerry Rice, Roger Craig and Dwight Clark......

Tell me how many TD's Fitz throws with Hill and Gates as his targets? And you're comparing a Hall of Fame QB to a rookie/2nd year player? Too funny.

Tell me how many TD's Fitz throws with Hill and Gates as his targets? And you're comparing a Hall of Fame QB to a rookie/2nd year player? Too funny.

Why would I care about that?  His targets this year are Marshall, Decker, Amaro, Enenwa, Forte, Powell and some others.

With that cast, he was acceptable-good last year, and we hope, will be again this year.

And most importantly, the team wanted Fitz.  Macc, Bowles and the players.  

Geno Smith will not lucky to still be in the NFL in two years.  And our team doesn't want him.

Like it, lump it, I'm not overly worried.  But your "padded stats" argument is asinine, the best players are often surrounded by the best talent.  Still takes a QB to make use of that talent.

20 minutes ago, billo83 said:

So, are you looking for actual TD's or should we take into account the TD's that would have been TD's if Gates and Hill held onto the ball. 

Gosh, this hypothetical debate points stuff is so complex. There's got to be at least 3-4 different advanced statistical categories for this alone, yea?

Joking aside, arguments like this have no credibility. Nothing can be proven out, it's intellectually dishonest.

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Tell me what the point is, then.

I hear a guy, who causes his own drama by being an ass, and is now leveraging it into a "poor me, I shall overcome" narrative.

By this logic, not paying your debts, taunting a teammate about it, and then getting socked in the mouth = him losing his job = him being the victim. It completely shrugs off accountability, and insisting that he'll still be the same person shows zero remorse for his role in causing this outcome for himself.

Sounds like he hasn't learned anything to me. I'm glad to hear he is playing good training camp football, again. Too bad he seems like a putz.

Didn't see the woe is me angle.  Or how he's shrugging off anything other than what you believe and want us to believe.  

You know what he's learned.  Everyone around him disagrees with you.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Didn't see the woe is me angle.  Or how he's shrugging off anything other than what you believe and want us to believe.  

You know what he's learned.  Everyone around him disagrees with you.  

Anytime anyone uses phrases like "it won't change me", it is a "woe is me" angle. You not picking up on it is really not my issue. You not picking up on it doesn't equate to me missing the point, as you initially said.

I don't know what he's learned. I know what he said. I was sharing my interpretation of what he said. 

I also don't know what everyone around him agrees/disagrees with. I know that they paid $12m for a mediocre QB so that they didn't have to trust the season to him.

1 hour ago, billo83 said:

Nor to the Fitz lovers.

First off I don't believe there are many Fitz lovers ... Most of us simply look at him as the best option we had for 2016 & best mentorship hope for the kids looking towards the Jets future at QB. ...so in general I'd disagree with your intended 1st point ... Most people on the Fitz side of the argument have a realistic, logic driven understanding of what he is and what he is not.

No I don't think Fitz has record setting #'s with weaker WR's ... Yes I do think Fitz has better #'s with weaker WR's than Geno would.

Also if you try to call someone out on a statement they make it's a good idea to get their quote right

Oh,and Geno didn't have a 3rd year starting as you try to proclaim.

Like I just did with your quote above ... Pleas show me where I said t*rd boy was a starter in year 3

Geno had plenty of opportunity to show growth as an NFL QB ... He continuously $h*t the bed the same way up to and including with 6 minutes & with 4 minutes left vs. Oakland ... LAST YEAR

16 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why would I care about that?  His targets this year are Marshall, Decker, Amaro, Enenwa, Forte, Powell and some others.

With that cast, he was acceptable-good last year, and we hope, will be again this year.

And most importantly, the team wanted Fitz.  Macc, Bowles and the players.  

Geno Smith will not lucky to still be in the NFL in two years.  And our team doesn't want him.

Like it, lump it, I'm not overly worried.  But your "padded stats" argument is asinine, the best players are often surrounded by the best talent.  Still takes a QB to make use of that talent.

"I will only concede my point after you have proven the inherently unprovable!"

16 hours ago, billo83 said:

If Spartacus had a Piper Cub, he would've defeated the Roman Legions.

Archived