I've got 52 Players locked in.... who's your last pick?

32EBoozer

QB..... all 4

RB(4)..... Forte, Powell, Robinson, Bohannon

WR(6).... Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Jalin M., Peake, Ross

OL(9).... Nick, Carp, Clady, Qvale, Shell, Winters, Gio, Dozier, Harrison

TE(3).... Amaro, Davis, Sudfield

DL(6)....Mo, SR, Leo, McClendon, Jenkins, Simon

LB(7).... Jenkins, Mauldin, Lee, Henderson, Harris, Reilly, Carter

CB(6).... Revis, Skrine, Milliner, Burris, Williams, McDougal

S(4).... Miles, Gilchrist, Pryor, Middleton

ST(3) Folk, Edwards and Purdham

That's 52...... who's your last player?

IR.....Smith

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I think with Quincy as an H-Back we can afford to carry just 2 traditional TEs, so that opens up an other roster spot. :)

Yeah, as I filling it out I was torn on the Sudfield/Davis selection. Bowles for some reason talks up Davis.

Him and Bohannon were my 2 "iffy" choices

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Pretty deep at LB.... was Bishop playing ST last night?

2 of our LB spots are being taken by rookies.  Just a year ago we were very thin at LB, and I think we need to operate as if we still are.  Keep a bunch of young LB's on the roster and see who "pops" out of that group just in case early round picks like Lee, Jordan Jenkins, and Mauldin don't work out. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

2 of our LB spots are being taken by rookies.  Just a year ago we were very thin at LB, and I think we need to operate as if we still are.  Keep a bunch of young LB's on the roster and see who "pops" out of that group just in case early round picks like Lee, Jordan Jenkins, and Mauldin don't work out. 

We have a 1st and two 3rd rd. picks at LB position. Bishop was playing with the 3rd stringers IIRC.

Not sure if he makes it.

I dont think we keep 4 QBs. Fact  we took Hack so high might be more telling on Petty than Geno., Since Jets didnt pick up a Vet backup for Fitz, appears geno is 'their vet backup' and I think Petty might get cut. I would use extra player on a standout ST player since we sucked so bad on STs.

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

We have a 1st and two 3rd rd. picks at LB position. Bishop was playing with the 3rd stringers IIRC.

Not sure if he makes it.

I know, but even back end of the roster LB's (ST's) are more valuable than, say, a 7th CB or a 10th O-lineman (especially since with the latter group, you're only dressing like 8 linemen on gameday anyways, because the 9th or 10th guy doesn't really tend to contribute on ST's).

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

No way Harrison is a lock to make the team on the OL - has to be Ijalana over him

ABSOLUTELY correct.

Had him written down, but when typing I missed him.

It's then between Shell and Harrison.... I think Harrison goes to PS since we gave away a 4th for Shell.

Although, wasn't Harrison a 4th last yr?

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

That's going to be a very interesting thing to watch all camp, it seems unlikely they will do it, but we might be in a unique 1 year situation where we have to do it 

Don't see an alternative unless some team out there has a QB injury and comes looking to trade for Geno.  Very unlikely there.

Can't just outright cut Geno, who has value as a cheap # 2 and can potentially net us a low-end compensatory pick next year.  Can't attempt to put Petty on the PS, since there's a good chance he gets scooped up by someone.  And of course Hack's spot is safe.

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

That's going to be a very interesting thing to watch all camp, it seems unlikely they will do it, but we might be in a unique 1 year situation where we have to do it 

Fact  we took Hack so high might be more telling on Petty than Geno., Since Jets didnt pick up a Vet backup for Fitz, appears geno is 'their vet backup' and I think Petty might get cut. I would use extra player on a standout ST player since we sucked so bad on STs.

1 minute ago, SouthernJet said:

Fact  we took Hack so high might be more telling on Petty than Geno., Since Jets didnt pick up a Vet backup for Fitz, appears geno is 'their vet backup' and I think Petty might get cut. I would use extra player on a standout ST player since we sucked so bad on STs.

I'm sure Petty was struck by that fact as well..... might be why he's stepping up his game.

No better place to have an opportunity to become a starting QB than with the Jets.

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yes. Corrected.

First thought was I think LB might be the place where depth is most needed... maybe taiwan jones can make the roster but the jets definitely need a backup C behind mangold too. Current depth chart has wesley johnson there, unless one of the guards can be the backup

20 minutes ago, cant wait said:

First thought was I think LB might be the place where depth is most needed... maybe taiwan jones can make the roster but the jets definitely need a backup C behind mangold too. Current depth chart has wesley johnson there, unless one of the guards can be the backup

Wasn't Dozier the guy that was getting a lot of reps?

That's the reason I put him on..... familiar at a # of positions (not very good at any of them)

54 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I think with Quincy as an H-Back we can afford to carry just 2 traditional TEs, so that opens up an other roster spot. :)

This is a really, really, really good point. Sudfeld better have a good camp. He can make the team as a red zone target. But he isn't making the team as a blocking TE which your # 3 guy normally is.

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That's the reason I put him on..... familiar at a # of positions (not very good at any of them)

Dozier started at LG and continued with the 2nd team. He played pretty well.

Ijalana started at RT then switched to LT with the 2nd team. He is going to make the team, and may steal Breno's spot. 

I think the 53rd player may be the last OL cut from another team.

The Jets OL depth in particular looks and feels like one of the NFL's weakest.  That should mean that other teams will cut players who are better than those on the Jets roster.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

This is a really, really, really good point. Sudfeld better have a good camp. He can make the team as a red zone target. But he isn't making the team as a blocking TE which your # 3 guy normally is.

ght now our #1 is the blocking TE who really can't block anymore. I'd like to see how much progress Amaro has made with conventional in line blocking. He did pretty well last night blocking from the slot. 

54 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I dont think we keep 4 QBs. Fact  we took Hack so high might be more telling on Petty than Geno., Since Jets didnt pick up a Vet backup for Fitz, appears geno is 'their vet backup' and I think Petty might get cut. I would use extra player on a standout ST player since we sucked so bad on STs.

We don't have enough money to sign a vet backup; Geno is waaaay cheaper...

36 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I know he played a lot at guard, I don't remember seeing him at C but I didn't get to watch the whole game. Johnson got a lot of snaps too, 41 to dozier's 47

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Is Bohanon really good enough to be kept for his special teams play?  do we really use a real FB that much on 1st and 2nd down?

Forte has said that he likes the standard "I" formation with a FB in front of him.

I'm not sure Chan runs many of those traditional sets, but if you brought in Forte to 200 - 250 touches you may want him comfortable.

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

I know he played a lot at guard, I don't remember seeing him at C but I didn't get to watch the whole game. Johnson got a lot of snaps too, 41 to dozier's 47

You are correct that Johnson was at C, but didn't Dozier backup Mangold last season?

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

I agree; I would like us to eventually move away from a FB too.

You don't cut the blocking fullback from a weak-QB team that requires the run in order to win.

There is always someone else who could be cut to kept on the P.S. as needed.  

Archived