Plenty of intriguing plot twists in the Jets' quarterback soap opera

Gas2No99

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, King P said:

Fair enough.

I don't even trip over it. It is what it is.

What I do find funny however, is that anybody who has anything to say about Geno that's not negative is called a Geno lover. I'm called a Geno lover, yet...

- I didn't even want the Jets to draft him in the 1st place

- I wanted the Jets to draft Teddy Bridegwater in 2014

- During the season when the Jets were at 1-7, I was screaming to the high heavens for the Jets to lose out so we could draft Jameis Winston

But yet, I'm a Geno lover. LMFAO, gotta love it

And anyone thank thinks we've seen Geno's best football, and it's not good, is cast as a hater. In my case, my opinion is completely informed by watching him play terrible football.... But, that opinion is ignored and a narrative of hate (that I couldn't even dream up) is super-imposed by clowns, who then chastise me (and others) for hating.

The only thing I hate about Geno is the turmoil that his supporters insist upon cratering on. For a while I played along trolling them, but it's way too emotionally charged now. 

To bring it back to the topic... My hope is that on-field play leads the Jets to an obvious decision, and fans can just let go of the crap and enjoy the season.

4 hours ago, Tinstar said:

So by the time Petty came in who exactly was he throwing against ?  

When will all this end ?

I suspect it will end when geno smith is no longer on the team.  At least I hope it ends then.

Why wouldn't Jets fans hope for the success of Bryce Petty?  Going into the off-season next year, Petty and Hack will be the only QB's under contract to the Jets.  It would be real nice if Petty was a legitimate contender for the starting job.

geno smith is a very, very long shot to be on the team 

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I suspect it will end when geno smith is no longer on the team.  At least I hope it ends then.

Why wouldn't Jets fans hope for the success of Bryce Petty?  Going into the off-season next year, Petty and Hack will be the only QB's under contract to the Jets.  It would be real nice if Petty was a legitimate contender for the starting job.

I dunno... Sanchez, Rex, both not on the team for a while now... Both daily topics.

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

beating-dead-horse.gif

Are you kidding me?    This couldn't have played out any better if Villain had written the script himself.

Going into next season, IMO geno smith will e gone.  If Fitz has a successful season (one win in play-offs)  He'll be looking for a good sized final contract.  If he fails, Jets will be looking to move on.

Glennon will be a FA.  Villain, as we speak, is in his basement lab, whipping together an endless assault of  gif's.

Strongly predict this will be the hottest topic on the board next off-season.  Villain's just warming us up. :)

8 hours ago, flgreen said:

Are you kidding me?    This couldn't have played out any better if Villain had written the script himself.

Going into next season, IMO geno smith will e gone.  If Fitz has a successful season (one win in play-offs)  He'll be looking for a good sized final contract.  If he fails, Jets will be looking to move on.

Glennon will be a FA.  Villain, as we speak, is in his basement lab, whipping together an endless assault of  gif's.

Strongly predict this will be the hottest topic on the board next off-season.  Villain's just warming us up. :)

I guess @Warfish gif didn't get the desired effect. ;)

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno's the #2 and Bowles said that it isnt changing at this moment. 

It ended when he made that statement. 

What does that have to do with anything I posted about?

Not once did I come in here and talk about the #2 QB position, or the #1 or #3 or #4 for that matter. My posts had to do with providing facts to exhibit that you've been betting on the wrong horse all offseason, and making numerous threads insufferable because of it.  

The fact is, it ended way before that. It ended August 11th, 2015.

Ahh...the Jets and QB's. The drama continues. My bet is they keep all 4 QB's. I'm sure there's alot of talk and head scratching going on in the FO and with the coaching staff. Geno will probably eventually go but he's worth something. A trade or draft pick so I don't see him getting cut or released. Petty was a recent draft pick so to cut him would show an indecisiveness with Mac and a waste. Plus Petty is developing and IMO looks pretty good all things considered. We know Hack is the "potential" golden boy. Whether he turns out to be is unknown. Fitz is a lock for at least this year unless he blows up or gets hurt. Having all these QB options is not a bad thing. There's 3 more preseason games to continue the Soap Opera. Friday is episode 2. Stay tuned...

26 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

What does that have to do with anything I posted about?

Not once did I come in here and talk about the #2 QB position, or the #1 or #3 or #4 for that matter. My posts had to do with providing facts to exhibit that you've been betting on the wrong horse all offseason, and making numerous threads insufferable because of it.  

The fact is, it ended way before that. It ended August 11th, 2015.

I dont know what it had to do with what you posted. I forgot what you posted. At that moment however you were entertaining me and I figured I'd just respond just to see what you'd say next. 

Thats a fact! ;)

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I guess @Warfish gif didn't get the desired effect. ;)

The moment you start blathering on about Glennon next offseason is the moment you go on ignore, frankly.  

At some point you need to get with the fact he isn't coming here and Macc isn't interested in him.  if he was, he'd likely already be here now.

But given what I know of you to-date, I doubt you care.  Threadnaughts and Threadpocolype on Glennon are almost assured.  One can only hope youw ait till Week 2 or 3 of the regular season before you start spamming them...

46 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The moment you start blathering on about Glennon next offseason is the moment you go on ignore, frankly.  

At some point you need to get with the fact he isn't coming here and Macc isn't interested in him.  if he was, he'd likely already be here now.

But given what I know of you to-date, I doubt you care.  Threadnaughts and Threadpocolype on Glennon are almost assured.  One can only hope youw ait till Week 2 or 3 of the regular season before you start spamming them...

You love the convo. I dont pay mind to the "ignore" comments. People who want to do it...they dont inform the person of it. 

I will bring Glennon up periodically. If I bring it up to someone with a smiley face that isnt you, just scroll over the comment brother. No need to establish the glennon conversation while pretending like you want no part of it. Thats like saying you're taking the high ground while actively participating in the convo. You're either fronting or lying to yourself. 

C'mon Warfish. ;)

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Got to disagree here Fish.  Really didn't make much sense to give up a 1st, or 2nd round pick, (rumors that was the price asked) for what would be available next season in FA

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont know what it had to do with what you posted. I forgot what you posted. At that moment however you were entertaining me and I figured I'd just respond just to see what you'd say next. 

Thats a fact! ;)

Yes you do. You always know when you get owned. Hiding behind ignorance, responding repetitively with one word or phrase, and/or outright ignoring the person are your biggest tells. 

That's a fact.

Anyway, thanks for telling me in your special way that you realize you've lost. The only thing left to put an end to all of this is for Geno to continue his NFL long career of bottom-feeder play so that we can get rid of him.

I assure you, you're the one being played by many here, regardless of how many times you tell yourself and then post that you're the puppeteer. 

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yes you do. You always know when you get owned. Hiding behind ignorance, responding repetitively with one word or phrase, and/or outright ignoring the person are your biggest tells. 

That's a fact.

Anyway, thanks for telling me in your special way that you realize you've lost. The only thing left to put an end to all of this is for Geno to continue his NFL long career of bottom-feeder play so that we can get rid of him.

I assure you, you're the one being played by many here, regardless of how many times you tell yourself and then post that you're the puppeteer. 

That's a fact. 

19 hours ago, King P said:

Exactly.

We'd have an elite QB in the making, and it would've saved us a countless amount of pointless debates/arguments :(

Passing up on Bridgewater when he was on the clock hurts too :(

No it wouldn't have. Remember we're dealing with Jet fans, first bad game he'd be labeled a bust and people would be bringing up the petty character issues like "stealing crab legs". This fan base gives up on players at the drop of a dime. In the older generation I think its because they're starved for a winner and are impatient. In the younger generation its all about the instant gratification , if they can't get , they want to go another direction immediately.  

19 hours ago, King P said:

Exactly.

We'd have an elite QB in the making, and it would've saved us a countless amount of pointless debates/arguments :(

Passing up on Bridgewater when he was on the clock hurts too :(

Bridgewater may become a good QB but he's not going to be elite.  Jameis is a different animal. 

21 hours ago, flgreen said:

next year will be the 3rd year that both Geno Smith and Bryce Petty would have been in this system . In my ideal world, I would like to see a battle for the starting Job between those 2 with the loser fighting Hackenberg for the backup  job .  The following year, we do it all over again with Hackenberg and who ever won the starting job in 2017 battling for the starting Job in 2018 .

No more handouts  and no more old guys like Fitz  .  But that's just me  .

That is all .

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

next year will be the 3rd year that both Geno Smith and Bryce Petty would have been in this system . In my ideal world, I would like to see a battle for the starting Job between those 2 with the loser fighting Hackenberg for the backup  job .  The following year, we do it all over again with Hackenberg and who ever won the starting job in 2017 battling for the starting Job in 2018 .

No more handouts  and no more old guys like Fitz  .  But that's just me  .

That is all .

You would like to see smith, and Petty fighting it out for the starting job, next year?  smith's a FA.  He's not coming back to NY.  His time here has been a misery.    He hates the media, they hate him.  He hates the fans, at least 70% would like him gone

The FO hasn't respected, or supported him all that well.  The night of the mandatory first camp meeting, Fitrz walks in as say's "hi,sorry I'm late".  The Jets paid him the 12 M, one year contract he said he would take a month earlier.  

I'll be stunned if smith is on this roster next year

33 minutes ago, flgreen said:

You would like to see smith, and Petty fighting it out for the starting job, next year?  smith's a FA.  He's not coming back to NY.  His time here has been a misery.    He hates the media, they hate him.  He hates the fans, at least 70% would like him gone

The FO hasn't respected, or supported him all that well.  The night of the mandatory first camp meeting, Fitrz walks in as say's "hi,sorry I'm late".  The Jets paid him the 12 M, one year contract he said he would take a month earlier.  

I'll be stunned if smith is on this roster next year

Agreed on all points, but it's still what I would like to see .  Who would you rather have as the #2 QB , Smith for a few mil or some aged Vet for even a few more mil than It would take to sign Smith . If Fitzpatrick is back next yr, then neither smith or Petty are worth talking about .

43 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Agreed on all points, but it's still what I would like to see .  Who would you rather have as the #2 QB , Smith for a few mil or some aged Vet for even a few more mil than It would take to sign Smith . If Fitzpatrick is back next yr, then neither smith or Petty are worth talking about .

Fair enough Tin.

I guess that's your optimum situation  in a perfect world.   We disagree on smith's long term value to the team.  That's cool.  Lord knows we've debated it enough on the board.

I misunderstood you.  I thought you were offering this as a practical solution going into next year.  My bad  

I'm hoping to see Hack on Friday. Why not, it's an exhibition game. Other rookies are playing in games so why not him. If he's getting no reps in practice then why not. There's plenty of bodies in camp to throw to. Unless after drafting him they've lost confidence in him and think he's totally unready to play. He was a multi-year starter at a major program. And many rookies start right away. 

34 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm hoping to see Hack on Friday. Why not, it's an exhibition game. Other rookies are playing in games so why not him. If he's getting no reps in practice then why not. There's plenty of bodies in camp to throw to. Unless after drafting him they've lost confidence in him and think he's totally unready to play. He was a multi-year starter at a major program. And many rookies start right away. 

Lol, you answered your own question.  You're not going to see Hack play Friday because his HC isn't giving him reps so he certainly isn't giving him snaps.

If you want to talk about why he's not getting reps then ask the right question :) hint: the ans is because we have 4 QBs.

5 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Lol, you answered your own question.  You're not going to see Hack play Friday because his HC isn't giving him reps so he certainly isn't giving his snaps.

If you want to talk about why he's not getting reps then ask the right question :) hint: the ans is because we have 4 QBs.

Well, he must be getting reps of some type. He's throwing passes and running plays. But you'd think he's the guy with a future in the org more then any of the 4 Qbs. And the potential starter next year. Maybe not. Now you know why Mac wanted Fitz around cheap next year and the year after. 

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well, he must be getting reps of some type. He's throwing passes and running plays. But you'd think he's the guy with a future in the org more then any of the 4 Qbs. And the potential starter next year. Maybe not. Now you know why Mac wanted Fitz around cheap next year and the year after. 

oops, I stand corrected...just read this on the net:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Tuesdays-10-Observations-from-Practice-/c9f1de61-22f6-4f09-bb79-257b4297411c

Offensive POD: Rookie QB  Christian Hackenbergicon-article-link.gif  saw an increased workload today, getting some reps against the first defense. The second-round pick displayed his vertical accuracy early in a team drill, hitting WR  Jeremy Rossicon-article-link.gif  in stride down the sideline. The second-round pick, who started 38 games at Penn State and is the only 8,000-yard passer in school history, did not play in the Jets’ preseason opener.

Archived