#TEAMPETTY

CobraVerde

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

2. I disagree I don't think the drop off from Fitz to Geno is that significant.

Oh, my. 

Were you out of the country last year when Ryan Fitzpatrick played or did IK Emkipali send you one to the jaw as well?

SAR I

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Geno has experience

Experience playing poorly and losing is no experience to be credited for.

....is as good as Fitzaverage (which is not good).....

Keep dreaming, maybe one day it'll come true.

and costs a $1million against the cap.

But a few extra water bottles, they'd be more useful.

We could likely get a 2018 compensatory pick for him. He might be traded.

You overstate his market value.  No one wants him.

Very very unlikely he is cut.

I agree, it takes real stones to make that move, and I doubt Macc has that big a pair.

We could have a situation where Geno is #2 but after Fitzloser F*(@s us up the a$$ the first 6 games they turn it over to Petty and not Geno

Petty is the better player, so Petty replacing Fitz makes sense.

So why Keep Geno?

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh, my. 

Were you out of the country last year when Ryan Fitzpatrick played or did IK Emkipali send you one to the jaw as well?

SAR I

I'm sorry ,you might be confusing the 12 year journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick , (you know the guy who sh*t the bed in Buf because he couldn't deal with the wind) with a real starting QB . 

23 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'm sorry ,you might be confusing the 12 year journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick , (you know the guy who sh*t the bed in Buf because he couldn't deal with the wind) with a real starting QB . 

I'm no Ryan Fitzpatrick fan, he's a serviceable starter with limited upside but he's perfect for a 4-12 John Idzik rebuilding team which is what we are.  He's just good enough to keep Marshall, Decker, Revis, Forte, Mangold and the other vets engaged but not good enough to get anyone to the promised land.  Couldn't ask for a better rebuilding QB.  All things being equal injury-wise, we're headed for an uninspiring 8-8 season which would have been my second-year target for the Maccagnan/Bowles regime.  Don't be fooled by last year's 10 win cupcake season.  I know I'm not.

I don't give a rats-ass about this season, a season that is not going to end in an AFC East title and will surely disappoint too many Kool Aid drinking Jets fans who think we have some elite offense and a special defense.  Please.  I don't wish anyone injury, but I would love to be in a spot where Petty needed to start 4-6 NFL games for us this year because it puts us ahead of the game next year and it's next year that matters.  Year 3 of the Maccagnan/Bowles regime.  That's when all the pieces need to be in place.  QB is still unresolved.  Fitzpatrick and Smith are not the long-term answer.  Petty might be.  We need to prove/disprove that before opening day 2017.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Our situation isn't complicated.

Petty might have a future here.

Geno doesn't.

Petty has shown improvement.

Geno hasn't.

We're hosed if Fitz gets hurt regardless, Petty or Geno.

Geno should be cut after the last preseason game.

MOve on, Fitz holds for now, Petty and lolHack can fight it out to see who starts in 2017.

This is almost hard to say, but, I completely agree with you Fish.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I'm no Ryan Fitzpatrick fan, he's a serviceable starter with limited upside but he's perfect for a 4-12 John Idzik rebuilding team which is what we are.  He's just good enough to keep Marshall, Decker, Revis, Forte, Mangold and the other vets engaged but not good enough to get anyone to the promised land.  Couldn't ask for a better rebuilding QB.  All things being equal injury-wise, we're headed for an uninspiring 8-8 season which would have been my second-year target for the Maccagnan/Bowles regime.  Don't be fooled by last year's 10 win cupcake season.  I know I'm not.

I don't give a rats-ass about this season, a season that is not going to end in an AFC East title and will surely disappoint too many Kool Aid drinking Jets fans who think we have some elite offense and a special defense.  Please.  I don't wish anyone injury, but I would love to be in a spot where Petty needed to start 4-6 NFL games for us this year because it puts us ahead of the game next year and it's next year that matters.  Year 3 of the Maccagnan/Bowles regime.  That's when all the pieces need to be in place.  QB is still unresolved.  Fitzpatrick and Smith are not the long-term answer.  Petty might be.  We need to prove/disprove that before opening day 2017.

SAR I

What kind of talent does a team have to have to not be considered a rebuilding team?  The Jets have arguably the best defensive line in the Game, arguably the best WR tandem in the game, a pretty solid running back core, a pretty solid offensive line, as well as some pretty good players behind the front seven on defense, and more talented depth then this organization has had in years.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I can't disagree with a lot of what you say. That's part of the reason I would have preferred Fitz to not be resigned. I think it would have been prudent to ride with Geno the first X games , if he failed like so many here predict  then we could have gotten Petty some valuable starting time. If he truly progressed then we ,might be in a spot where we're contending for a playoff spot. With our schedule I can't see Fitz repeating  last years performance, he's never excelled against upper echelon teams. 

However, I do think this team can round into a very solid squad later this season if the young Lber's adapt  well and if we get decent production from our running game. 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

same guy that holds our franchise td record for a single season

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Winning QB's need to be able to play effectively when the weather tuns cold and windy in Dec/Jan/Feb. We saw what the wind in Buf did to our record holder. 

and who on our roster is currently a better option? cause Geno doesnt hold any franchise records...Petty doesn't have a single nfl snap of experience with starters...Hack isn't even ready to bring Fitz water yet.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Stranger things have happened in the NFL than a pretty good team getting to the playoffs. People look at that schedule like we're playing  6 dynasties. Teams are so watered down now staying healthy can get you a playoff spot. Dallas has the best Oline in football but injuries did them in elsewhere. You said yourself we need to win the 1st two games & already we get Cincy @ home without Eifert & Burfict after losing Marvin Jones & Sanu to free agency.

We get Buffalo early on 4 days rest without both top rookies, Marcel Darius who tore up our Oline in week 17 & Watkins probably not 100%. We'll most likely have both Forte & Powell for that game, instead of relying on an injured Ivory & the invisible Steven Ridley. Jets are also just plain due to get some breaks, it's tough to beat a division foe 5 times in a row.

Im a believer that todays supposed TOP NFL teams aren't nearly as consistent as they were in the past. A good example is that the Rams didn't even have a QB but they beat Seattle twice last year. Kansas City looked dead in their tracks to start the season but EVERYTHING went their way after that. It seemed every fumble bounced to them, opposing kickers missed easy FGs, opposing WRs dropped TD passes. Jets have just as much chance of the playoffs as a bunch of other teams in the Parity that's been created in this league.

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Dude ... Even most of the "Geno's Myhero's " acknowledge that the 2015  season, consisting of16 games,  had average-above average QB play.

if you can't even acknowledge that then you are just an irrational hater

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Winning QB's need to be able to play effectively when the weather tuns cold and windy in Dec/Jan/Feb. We saw what the wind in Buf did to our record holder. 

Question for you which of these does 10-5 equal?

A - winning record

B - losing record

C - dohhhhh!!!!!

22 minutes ago, ljr said:

Question for you.  ... How is bad as good as average?

I don't know if this helps, but 10 yrs ago average was bad and then it became average, got a big contract and became bad  again .  The roller coaster is up again and so is the big contract  . Bad has 10 years to see if he can be average or even better .

9 minutes ago, ljr said:

Question for you which of these does 10-5 equal?

A - winning record

B - losing record

C - dohhhhh!!!!!

10-5 and no playoffs is like a consolation trophy all the kids get these days.. Maybe if he wins a single playoff game in his career we can talk about his great "accomplishment"  

28 minutes ago, ljr said:

Dude ... Even most of the "Geno's Myhero's " acknowledge that the 2015  season, consisting of16 games,  had average-above average QB play.

if you can't even acknowledge that then you are just an irrational hater

And most rational Jet fans acknowledge that last years schedule was one of the easiest ever. Fitz led the team to 10 wins so kudos for that , but once again he's failed to beat teams with winning records, its the signature of his career to date. 

43 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I don't know if this helps, but 10 yrs ago average was bad and then it became average, got a big contract and became bad  again .  The roller coaster is up again and so is the big contract  . Bad has 10 years to see if he can be average or even better .

Lol ... Geno couldn't ... But I'd think that  even you could see that is fuzzy math .... We care about now not a decade ago 

48 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

10-5 and no playoffs is like a consolation trophy all the kids get these days.. Maybe if he wins a single playoff game in his career we can talk about his great "accomplishment"  

Good deflection tactic Geno's Myhero's stud!

51 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And most rational Jet fans acknowledge that last years schedule was one of the easiest ever. Fitz led the team to 10 wins so kudos for that , but once again he's failed to beat teams with winning records, its the signature of his career to date. 

Who besides New England ... Who he split games with ... Had a winning record last season .... Oh wait ... If he split with New England that means he didn't fail to beat teams with winning records ... DOH!!!!!!!!!! Wrong again! 

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And that make's you what exaclty ???  I'm not the one devolving into name calling because I can't back up my points.

What are your points .... I've been trying to find one???

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Stranger things have happened in the NFL than a pretty good team getting to the playoffs. People look at that schedule like we're playing  6 dynasties. Teams are so watered down now staying healthy can get you a playoff spot. Dallas has the best Oline in football but injuries did them in elsewhere. You said yourself we need to win the 1st two games & already we get Cincy @ home without Eifert & Burfict after losing Marvin Jones & Sanu to free agency.

We get Buffalo early on 4 days rest without both top rookies, Marcel Darius who tore up our Oline in week 17 & Watkins probably not 100%. We'll most likely have both Forte & Powell for that game, instead of relying on an injured Ivory & the invisible Steven Ridley. Jets are also just plain due to get some breaks, it's tough to beat a division foe 5 times in a row.

Im a believer that todays supposed TOP NFL teams aren't nearly as consistent as they were in the past. A good example is that the Rams didn't even have a QB but they beat Seattle twice last year. Kansas City looked dead in their tracks to start the season but EVERYTHING went their way after that. It seemed every fumble bounced to them, opposing kickers missed easy FGs, opposing WRs dropped TD passes. Jets have just as much chance of the playoffs as a bunch of other teams in the Parity that's been created in this league.

I don't evaluate strength of schedule until like week 6. Just too much turnover, injuries, etc from year to year

no that would be like tanking a season at 2-12 by starting a high school quality QB and getting rewarded with a new franchise QB after your previous franchise QB has neck surgery.

So what's your point?  I don't think anyone is making the argument that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a franchise quarterback.  I don't know any Ryan Fitzpatrick fans.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone in a Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey.

You know, it's entirely possible for Geno Smith to suck without any connection to anyone else.  It's not like Ryan Fitzpatrick made Geno Smith suck.  He just sucks all by himself.

SAR I

Thing is by now we all know for certain Fitz is not a franchise QB. Geno may be the worst human being and QB to ever play in the NFL based on the emotional outbursts of the media and fanbase. I know most here feel Geno can never develop into anything. Call me crazy but I'm not willing to label him based on the circumstances and I feel there's still a possibility he flips the script and matures into a quality QB.

In addition my opinions of Fitz have nothing to do with Geno. I'd feel the same about Fitz regardless of who the other QB's were on our team.

10 hours ago, ljr said:

Who besides New England ... Who he split games with ... Had a winning record last season .... Oh wait ... If he split with New England that means he didn't fail to beat teams with winning records ... DOH!!!!!!!!!! Wrong again! 

Look at his entire career , he's beaten what 3 or 4 teams with 500% + records.

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

So what's your point?  I don't think anyone is making the argument that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a franchise quarterback.  I don't know any Ryan Fitzpatrick fans.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone in a Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey.

SAR I

I'm going to snag his Jersey this season I think.  It'll look great next to my Patrick Ramsey jersey.

Archived