#TEAMPETTY

CobraVerde

This thread is hysterical.  Petty, never taking a single NFL snap is ready to unseat Fitz.  lmfao.

Fitz is one stupid run away from an injury and this fanbase is ready to bank on Bryce Petty because of a few quarters vs. players who wont be in the league in 2 weeks.

Thank god this fanbase has zero control over the roster. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JiF said:

This thread is hysterical.  Petty, never taking a single NFL snap is ready to unseat Fitz.  lmfao.

Fitz is one stupid run away from an injury and this fanbase is ready to bank on Bryce Petty because of a few quarters vs. players who wont be in the league in 2 weeks.

Over the ongoing disappointment/bust that is Geno?  

Yes.

The fact you're not says more about you than it does about us.

Petty might have a future here.  Geno doesn't.

If Fitz goes down, Petty, with this roster and this O-Co, can win as many games as "lifetime 12-20 record" Geno Smith.

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm no Ryan Fitzpatrick fan, he's a serviceable starter with limited upside but he's perfect for a 4-12 John Idzik rebuilding team which is what we are.  He's just good enough to keep Marshall, Decker, Revis, Forte, Mangold and the other vets engaged but not good enough to get anyone to the promised land.  Couldn't ask for a better rebuilding QB.  All things being equal injury-wise, we're headed for an uninspiring 8-8 season which would have been my second-year target for the Maccagnan/Bowles regime.  Don't be fooled by last year's 10 win cupcake season.  I know I'm not.

I don't give a rats-ass about this season, a season that is not going to end in an AFC East title and will surely disappoint too many Kool Aid drinking Jets fans who think we have some elite offense and a special defense.  Please.  I don't wish anyone injury, but I would love to be in a spot where Petty needed to start 4-6 NFL games for us this year because it puts us ahead of the game next year and it's next year that matters.  Year 3 of the Maccagnan/Bowles regime.  That's when all the pieces need to be in place.  QB is still unresolved.  Fitzpatrick and Smith are not the long-term answer.  Petty might be.  We need to prove/disprove that before opening day 2017.

SAR I

*pours another cup of Kool Aid*

I'm gunna enjoy this ride bro

1 hour ago, JiF said:

as they say in business

The customer is always right

so we shall see----only little over 1 week from now

2 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

*pours another cup of Kool Aid*

I'm gunna enjoy this ride bro

I appreciate your positivity and I wish I could join you in Kool Aid-land.

But I know how easy our cupcake schedule was last year and I know that odds-are Fitzpatrick goes back to his old ways again and the defense relies on a lot of young guys and the OL needs to buck recent trends and stay healthy and the schedule is a killer early.  8-8 will be a good accomplishment all things considered.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I appreciate your positivity and I wish I could join you in Kool Aid-land.

But I know how easy our cupcake schedule was last year and I know that odds-are Fitzpatrick goes back to his old ways again and the defense relies on a lot of young guys and the OL needs to buck recent trends and stay healthy and the schedule is a killer early.  8-8 will be a good accomplishment all things considered.

SAR I

*pours SAR I a cup of punch*

Have some faith in our own team, they have to play us as well.  It is a 16 game schedule, may the best teams win :)  If we are hitting on all cylinders, we will be tough to beat imo

3 hours ago, JiF said:

No one is saying Petty is ready to be a #1 NFL quarterback and would be a better option than Fitzpatrick this season.  What is being said is that if Fitzpatrick goes down, the season is effectively over, might as well let Petty get some quality NFL starts towards 2017 vs. Smith who won't be here next year.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm going to snag his Jersey this season I think.  It'll look great next to my Patrick Ramsey jersey.

I attended every home game last year and went to training camp this year, I have still yet to see a single fan in a Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey.  I think we all know he's the duct tape between the Idzik and Maccagnan regimes, a necessary JAG but not someone to get excited about.

SAR I

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

*pours SAR I a cup of punch*

Have some faith in our own team, they have to play us as well.  It is a 16 game schedule, may the best teams win :)  If we are hitting on all cylinders, we will be tough to beat imo

*sniffs punch, says 'thank you', quietly spills it in the bushes when you're not looking*

It's a 4-day season, my friend.  Bengals Sunday, Bills Thursday.  Come out of that 2-0 we only need to play slightly above .500 ball to get 10 wins the rest of the way, very doable.  Come out 0-2 or 1-1 it's all over, we'd have to pull off significant upsets against elite teams, not going to happen.

Let's talk after the Giants game, but from what I've seen from our starting defense (allowing long drives, can't get off field) and our starting offense (three and out city) I'm not feeling good about beating the 12-4 Bengals and the 4-0 Bills in a span of a few days.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

*sniffs punch, says 'thank you', quietly spills it in the bushes when you're not looking*

It's a 4-day season, my friend.  Bengals Sunday, Bills Thursday.  Come out of that 2-0 we only need to play slightly above .500 ball to get 10 wins the rest of the way, very doable.  Come out 0-2 or 1-1 it's all over, we'd have to pull off significant upsets against elite teams, not going to happen.

Let's talk after the Giants game, but from what I've seen from our starting defense (allowing long drives, can't get off field) and our starting offense (three and out city) I'm not feeling good about beating the 12-4 Bengals and the 4-0 Bills in a span of a few days.

SAR I

I didnt buy that the first time you tried selling it and I am still not buying that 2 game season bit.  If we lose the first 2 and it lights a fire under our asses and win the next 4? There wont be much to talk about after the Giants game, it is when the season begins. All this vanilla defense and knocking the rust off of the old tackling skills are what will happen against the gmen.  It will be great to watch them in action again but lets not make season predictions based on what we see in preseason, okay buddy? 

*enjoys refreshing beverage*

I'm no Ryan Fitzpatrick fan, he's a serviceable starter with limited upside but he's perfect for a 4-12 John Idzik rebuilding team which is what we are.  He's just good enough to keep Marshall, Decker, Revis, Forte, Mangold and the other vets engaged but not good enough to get anyone to the promised land.  Couldn't ask for a better rebuilding QB.  All things being equal injury-wise, we're headed for an uninspiring 8-8 season which would have been my second-year target for the Maccagnan/Bowles regime.  Don't be fooled by last year's 10 win cupcake season.  I know I'm not.

I don't give a rats-ass about this season, a season that is not going to end in an AFC East title and will surely disappoint too many Kool Aid drinking Jets fans who think we have some elite offense and a special defense.  Please.  I don't wish anyone injury, but I would love to be in a spot where Petty needed to start 4-6 NFL games for us this year because it puts us ahead of the game next year and it's next year that matters.  Year 3 of the Maccagnan/Bowles regime.  That's when all the pieces need to be in place.  QB is still unresolved.  Fitzpatrick and Smith are not the long-term answer.  Petty might be.  We need to prove/disprove that before opening day 2017.

SAR I

Not being sarcastic I really feel sorry for fans like this I mean damn I still enjoy Seasons that don't end In Championships, fun times watching the games with other jets fans, talking to my dad and Brother about every game, and yes even commiserating over too many beers with fellow sufferers when things don't go well. Approaching sports like you do turns it all into a horrible depressing chore. It's supposed to be entertainment not a life ruining event the 96% of the time you don't win it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No one is saying Petty is ready to be a #1 NFL quarterback and would be a better option than Fitzpatrick this season.  What is being said is that if Fitzpatrick goes down, the season is effectively over, might as well let Petty get some quality NFL starts towards 2017 vs. Smith who won't be here next year.

I attended every home game last year and went to training camp this year, I have still yet to see a single fan in a Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey.  I think we all know he's the duct tape between the Idzik and Maccagnan regimes, a necessary JAG but not someone to get excited about.

SAR I

Well, it was said 3 or 4 times on the first two pages. So...

That dude that used to post here rocks a Fitz jersey. Section 140 or something like that is handle? 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yep.

But I also like him.  

And I'm due for a new jersey, so why not.  

12 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Get a jersey that says Warfish 00 and it would be good forever..;) Mine say Savage number 69

Naaaa, no fun in that.  As an out of town fan, I can drop a few bucks to look the part.

Chrebet Jersey

Toon Jersey

Mangold Jersey

Ramsey Jersey (Hubris, thy name is Warfish)

I think Fitz makes a good next choice.

Better than my wife, she always gets Kicker Jerseys!

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Well, it was said 3 or 4 times on the first two pages. So...

That dude that used to post here rocks a Fitz jersey. Section 140 or something like that is handle? 

Yes, looking back there were some crazy comments on the first two pages. 

I'll look for a 14 Fitz jersey on Saturday. Should be at least one found at the game. 

SAR I

18 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Got it last season and still many are not happy. Such it the life of a JETS fan.

it was the unhappy ending for sure.  I watched the giants and pats* games last week on dvr (fast forward is so awesome) and he was making some really nice throws, the mid-range stuff, even outs and come backs.   they key for him is having a run game because he can't throw the safety out of the box.  I think if forte can stay healthy this can be a very productive offense

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

it was the unhappy ending for sure.  I watched the giants and pats* games last week on dvr (fast forward is so awesome) and he was making some really nice throws, the mid-range stuff, even outs and come backs.   they key for him is having a run game because he can't throw the safety out of the box.  I think if forte can stay healthy this can be a very productive offense

Was 19 and in college when the Jets won Super Bowl III so I have seen my share of ups and downs. Last season was as exciting a playoff push that I can recall and has left me looking for more. Ending was sour but the run was sweet.

10 hours ago, jgb said:

Approaching sports like you do turns it all into a horrible depressing chore. It's supposed to be entertainment not a life ruining event the 96% of the time you don't win it all

When we beat the Giants in OT it was entertaining for a day.

When we beat the Patriots in OT it was entertaining for a day.

When you've been a Jets fan since 1980 and have seen 10 playoff wins in 35 years of fandom it is not entertaining.  It is painful.  It is pathetic.

If you want entertainment, go watch a movie.  If you want to live and die with a sports franchise for your whole life for just the one day that they finally win it all, you stick around here and aren't afraid to call it like you see it.

SAR I

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When we beat the Giants in OT it was entertaining for a day.

When we beat the Patriots in OT it was entertaining for a day.

When you've been a Jets fan since 1980 and have seen 10 playoff wins in 35 years of fandom it is not entertaining.  It is painful.  It is pathetic.

If you want entertainment, go watch a movie.  If you want to live and die with a sports franchise for your whole life for just the one day that they finally win it all, you stick around here and aren't afraid to call it like you see it.

SAR I

It's your life. Just pointing out that I genuinely feel sorry for you.

I don't consider watching the Jets for the last 30 years or so with my dad, brother and many friends over the years, some of whom have since passed away, a waste of my time. When I was a kid, going with my dad to the sports bar to watch with the other NY/NJ transplants was awesome and made me feel like an adult for a couple hours. Memories I will cherish forever despite no Lombardi. If you get so hung up on the destination, it ruins the journey. After all look at life, the ultimate destination awaiting us all ain't great. Enjoy the ride. Same with sports.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's your life. Just pointing out that I genuinely feel sorry for you.

I don't consider watching the Jets for the last 30 years or so with my dad, brother and many friends over the years, some of whom have since passed away, a waste of my time. When I was a kid, going with my dad to the sports bar to watch with the other NY/NJ transplants was awesome and made me feel like an adult for a couple hours. Memories I will cherish forever despite no Lombardi. If you get so hung up on the destination, it ruins the journey. After all look at life, the ultimate destination awaiting us all ain't great. Enjoy the ride. Same with sports.

If all you want out of life is a few drunken Jets victories with your friends, I genuinely feel sorry for you.  No one should have such low expectations and standards.  Certainly there are a handful of Jets moments these past few decades worth remembering fondly, but the owner, managers, coaches, trainers, and players are all in this for the Super Bowl victory, so too should be the fans.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If all you want out of life is a few drunken Jets victories with your friends, I genuinely feel sorry for you.  No one should have such low expectations and standards.  Certainly there are a handful of Jets moments these past few decades worth remembering fondly, but the owner, managers, coaches, trainers, and players are all in this for the Super Bowl victory, so too should be the fans.

SAR I

Yeah that's what it is. Me at 9, my brother at 7, and my father a teetotler all getting drunk and enjoying Jets losses.  I've seen some sad sacks in my life but man. 

Archived