Geno Smith named #2 QB!!!!!!!!!!!

joewilly12

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The Geno supporters on this board have been ran through the ringer we take a lot of crap and a lot of personal attacks. 

There are many other worthless Geno Smith threads started on this forum, 

We debate football, it is what we do. I have been saying for a long time that Geno would beat Petty out for the backup spot. And I was called some names. But you don't see me rubbing anyone's nose in it do you?

:)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess there are 2 ways to look at this:

1. This is just a smoke screen and they are pumping up his value for a trade

2. Geno is the #2, but with not much of an endorsement from the HC and you have to look at it this way: He came in a distant second to an aging weak armed average veteran (or they wouldn't pay him the 12 million) and beat out a 2 year project who gave him a run for his money and now has a bruised throwing shoulder. This can only mean that Geno is gone next year and won't bring in much of a salary unless Fitz goes down and he lights it up.

Either way, it doesn't bode well for him. Hopefully for him, he will do much better after a change of scenery... but it didn't do much for Sanchez.

I think if they really wanted to keep Geno they would have happily stashed Petty on IR today. The fact that they definitively stated he wasn't going on IR leads me to believe that Geno is toast. However, if they definitively stated that Petty wasn't going on IR and still keep four QBs, everyone should be fired.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think if they really wanted to keep Geno they would have happily stashed Petty on IR today. The fact that they definitively stated he wasn't going on IR leads me to believe that Geno is toast. However, if they definitively stated that Petty wasn't going on IR and still keep four QBs, everyone should be fired.

When your starting QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick a team contemplates keeping 4 QB's I wish we had a legitimate franchise QB hoping Petty is that guy.

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There is nothing and has been nothing to say it's come down to the wire.   Bowles has consistently stated, time and time again, that Geno was the #2.  Anything other than that has been pure speculation by Jet fans that simply don't like the guy.

OP seems to think it is news 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

When your starting QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick a team contemplates keeping 4 QB's I wish we had a legitimate franchise QB hoping Petty is that guy.

Fitzpatrick's job is ostensibly to occupy time while they teach Christian Hackenberg the basics of American football. That's it. I think Petty is a nice hedge for them in the coughlikely event that Hackenberg never becomes worthwhile. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Fitzpatrick's job is ostensibly to occupy time while they teach Christian Hackenberg the basics of American football. That's it. I think Petty is a nice hedge for them in the coughlikely event that Hackenberg never becomes worthwhile. 

If Fitz goes down in game 3 and Geno Smith plays lights out football and gets us into the playoffs do we resign him at the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They should have the Aussie punter mentor Hack on throwing a football. Seems like a good place to start. Let the two of them just figure it out this year and we check back next year.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

When exactly did he do this? When he was refusing to give interviews or while standing alone on the sidelines watching Bryce Petty outplay him?

Could have been in the 20 or so practices they had during training camp.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If Fitz goes down in game 3 and Geno Smith plays lights out football and gets us into the playoffs do we resign him at the end of the season. 

I think if Geno Smith sees significant playing time for the Jets, the Jets are picking in the top ten of next year's draft and passing on a quarterback because they burned a 2 and a 4 on Hackenberg and Petty. 

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Two months ago we get a "Geno is our starting quarterback, so deal with it" thread.

Today it's "Geno is the back up, the Geno supporters were right"

LOL

Who started those threads I cant seem to find either one. No one gloated and said Geno supporters were right but Geno wasn't traded, he wasn't cut those were threads that were started. 

The not-even-remotely subtle rooting for a massive Fitz failure/injury in this thread by the usual suspects is, frankly, rather classless.

Congrats to Geno Smith for being handed the #2 Job.  I don't think he won it, but congrats to him none the less.  Lets hope if he has to play, he can play well, but we should ALL be hoping he doesn't have to play, because having to play means we've either lost alot or our starting QB gets hurt, and people rooting for that need to get their heads on right.  

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

If Kate Upton shows up at my door next month wearing only  high heels , g-string, & bra do I have an affair or include my wife in a threesome?

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Two months ago we get a "Geno is our starting quarterback, so deal with it" thread.

Today it's "Geno is the back up, the Geno supporters were right"

LOL

Sides in general when it comes to a football roster or player just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. All I want is for the Jets to win. I hated Tebow but if he can win, sign him up.

But I can see how many people feel the need to claim victory over this. Because there were a lot of people predicting that Geno wouldn't make the team.

48 minutes ago, Maxman said:

But I can see how many people feel the need to claim victory over this. Because there were a lot of people predicting that Geno wouldn't make the team.

Geno didn't make the team.

Petty got hurt, they couldn't cut Geno, Hackenberg isn't ready, simple stuff.

This isn't the first time Geno Smith has made an NFL roster because of a preseason injury to a quarterback he could not rightly outperform.  By my count he owes half his career to unfortunate offensive line play in preseason garbage time.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Geno didn't make the team.

Petty got hurt, they couldn't cut Geno, Hackenberg isn't ready, simple stuff.

This isn't the first time Geno Smith has made an NFL roster because of a preseason injury to a quarterback he could not rightly outperform.

SAR I

Geno started camp as the # 2 QB. Geno was the # 2 QB all through out the camp. Geno ended camp as the #2 QB. End of story.

Geno is the # 2 QB.

Geno is smart. He knows that there are only so many completions in every QB's arm. So he isn't about to waste them in the preseason.

I for one thank him for doing that. Hopefully Fitz never gets hurt but if he does Geno is going to be a 65% completion machine.

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Geno started camp as the # 2 QB. Geno was the # 2 QB all through out the camp. Geno ended camp as the #2 QB. End of story.

Geno is the # 2 QB.

Geno Smith is not a real #2 quarterback.  He's a has-been among long-term projects.

His only qualifications are years of experience in a company that can't afford a better replacement.  He's like that guy in your office that keeps getting promoted because the good people quit and no decent talent wants to join your organization because they don't pay well.

SAR I

Archived