The hits just keep on coming for Buffalo - RT facing 4 game suspension for smoking weed.....

ARodJetsFan

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Maybe it's just a power trip thing then.  Like the NFL knows weed isn't bad, but they just like forcing guys to conform to whatever they say?

The NFL should exclude it from testing.  Though for the more conservative teams/coaches, maybe let teams test for it if they want (so long as it's not legal in the state).

No, I'm pretty sure they think it's bad. I'm not sure what kind of person you think owns an NFL team.

The guys running it are lawyers who's only real skill is covering their ass, just like politicians. So they're looking like they care, but giving the players a heads up. If they don't take it then they get what they get.

If you want to make a statement either buy a team, or give up all your responsibilities. Otherwise it's just not worth it. It's easy enough to jump through the hoops.

13 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

No, I'm pretty sure they think it's bad. I'm not sure what kind of person you think owns an NFL team.

The guys running it are lawyers who's only real skill is covering their ass, just like politicians. So they're looking like they care, but giving the players a heads up. If they don't take it then they get what they get.

If you want to make a statement either buy a team, or give up all your responsibilities. Otherwise it's just not worth it. It's easy enough to jump through the hoops.

Nuts.  It's definitely one of the main reasons I contract.  I'm not a fan of having a boss.  Feel bad for anyone that has to deal with other people's BS.

But for this particular issue, suppose players just have to conform to whatever the fools up top say.  Unless of course they all get together and smoke a few days before testing.  Then let the NFL try and discipline 'em all.  

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

The NFL is beginning to hit new levels of stupidity with this.  

I don't smoke.  Wish I liked it, but think the effect sucks.  Try it every 5+ years or so hoping I'll feel different, but no luck yet.  Though I'm jealous of people that do like it.  They get to drink and smoke weed.  Two things, that if done in moderation, aren't bad for ya.  Potentially even good for you.

It's like being a guy who can bone fat chicks and likes the new look of wide-load asses.  I personally don't like 'em big (i.e. can't fit in airline seat w/o grease), but picking chicks up from a bar has gotta be much easier if you'll take anything there.

Back on point...  stop testing for weed already.  Especially since it can help as medication in some situations.  My guess is they're just holding it as leverage for CBA negotiations.

Or they're getting special concessions from the federal government for the airtime slots (e.g. no NCAA games on Sunday afternoons when the NFL plays), so perhaps they have to do this from prior CBA carry-overs. Personally I don't care what he smokes, but the idea that weed is the sole (or best) pain killer to cope with Crohn's is dubious at best. There are better and more effective pain killers. He's smoking to get high, like just about everyone. The league has a rule against it just like many other employers drug test. One can decide where one's priorities are and choose actions accordingly.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Or they're getting special concessions from the federal government for the airtime slots (e.g. no NCAA games on Sunday afternoons when the NFL plays), so perhaps they have to do this from prior CBA carry-overs. Personally I don't care what he smokes, but the idea that weed is the sole (or best) pain killer to cope with Crohn's is dubious at best. There are better and more effective pain killers. He's smoking to get high, like just about everyone. The league has a rule against it just like many other employers drug test. One can decide where one's priorities are and choose actions accordingly.

Just get a new improved original whizzinator. 

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not to get into defending weed too much, again because I don't even smoke myself.  But if I had some form of chronic pain, I'd absolutely prefer to smoke weed (or take some sort of equivalent pill if they'd allow testing) over pain killers.

Weed is harmless.

Pain killers are phuckin dangerous addictive drugs that lead to many worse things.

Other than ibuprofen and Tylenol, I've never taken a pain killer and hope to keep it that way.  Besides, a 6 pack and couple shots of tequila will numb almost any pain.

55 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

I hope you're right, but I personally don't see the DEA ever removing a substance from their banned list unless they are forced to do so. 

The more substances they get banned, the more funding they receive for their endless, unwinnable war on drugs.

I see the pressure building, then they give into that pressure and it gets removed. But right at that time, the other thing steps in as "the menace", and scoops up that funding. 

I mean, the war on drugs in this country didn't really take off until Prohibition was repealed. Coincidence? Hardly. 

1 hour ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

The thing is...you know the rules going in. Society has numerous discrepancies and injustices in its laws as well. We as citizens should fight for better laws, but we must be prepared to abide by existing laws or face the consequences of violating them. Just how it works.

Smoke weed while beating the wife, cop to the lesser plea of wife beating. 

Weed work-around, NFL style

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Not to get into defending weed too much, again because I don't even smoke myself.  But if I had some form of chronic pain, I'd absolutely prefer to smoke weed (or take some sort of equivalent pill if they'd allow testing) over pain killers.

Weed is harmless.

Pain killers are phuckin dangerous addictive drugs that lead to many worse things.

Other than ibuprofen and Tylenol, I've never taken a pain killer and hope to keep it that way.  Besides, a 6 pack and couple shots of tequila will numb almost any pain.

I'm not getting into a holy war over it. The league has rules, like any employer can have rules. There's more than 1 reason why, whether you or I or anyone else personally agrees with it, and they are legitimate. I can disagree with someone and admit they have a legitimate opposing view. Well, theoretically I can do this, but I stink at it.

Anyway, this is not a secret rule he didn't know about, where he's a victim.

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Bills RT Seantrel Henderson is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Henderson tested positive for marijuana. Henderson is overcoming Crohn's disease, and marijuana is a common pain reliever. Due to the tricky nature of this one, it's possible Henderson's ban could be overturned, but we doubt it. He's appealing it.

Circus

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm not getting into a holy war over it. The league has rules, like any employer can have rules. There's more than 1 reason why, whether you or I or anyone else personally agrees with it, and they are legitimate. I can disagree with someone and admit they have a legitimate opposing view. Well, theoretically I can do this, but I stink at it.

True enough. Ultimately it's a private employer, they set the rules. Even if a lot of them play in those municipally funded stadiums. But ultimately, they can set the rules of employment as long as they aren't unconstitutional, which they aren't here. 

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Sure.  He obviously knew about the rule.  Just saying there's a good chance I would've done the same myself.  So I don't think any less of him, Rex or the Bills.

Meaning if I had a legitimate illness that smoking would help with instead of taking the harmful drugs prescribed by doctors...  my theoretical boss could kiss my ass.  My new nickname would be Smokey-McSmokerton.

1 hour ago, King P said:

I personally think he should be given a pass due to the usage being for medical purposes and not recreational.

But I highly doubt that's going to happen though

Almost everyone I know who smokes, does so for "medical purposes". The line is burry. I think it's a stupid thing to issue suspensions over. 

I don't like the 'its a stupid rule' argument. I hear it all the time especially when some Patriot gets suspended. The latest one is how is the guy to know that there were PEDs in his supplement? It may be a stupid rule, but it is a rule, and the players should know about it and not break it.

I remember some comedian (who normally comes down on businesses for being overly big-brother) had some other guy on saying that Ricky Williams got screwed and he should be able to smoke pot if he wanted. I was shocked to hear the host take the opposite approach. He said, they are paying like 14 million dollars and he doesn't want to piss in a cup. Someone could pay me 14 million dollars and I will piss wherever you want. Hell, put the cup on the other side of this stage and I will piss in it from here in front of everyone.

For the record, I think it is a dumb rule too. In fact, I think it is terrible. Some of these guys get hooked on 'legal' pain meds where pot might have been enough, but you got to play with the rules you have or try to change them when you bargain.

That being sad, I don't think this reflects badly on Rex. I am glad he is gone and the 'circus' has left town, but these players do stupid things that they should know better. I don't think it is because Rex is a softy. Sheldon did something stupid (again), do you think he stopped and thought, Bowles won't be happy and will discipline me? no. the truth is, if these players stopped to think first, they likely wouldn't have done it in the first place.

38 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Weed is harmless.

That's a pretty naive statement and in my opinion, there are far too many people that actually believe this.

The long term detrimental effects of THC on cognitive brain function & it's association with memory loss are very well documented.

Read on.....

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

19 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Sure.  He obviously knew about the rule.  Just saying there's a good chance I would've done the same myself.  So I don't think any less of him, Rex or the Bills.

Meaning if I had a legitimate illness that smoking would help with instead of taking the harmful drugs prescribed by doctors...  my theoretical boss could kiss my ass.  My new nickname would be Smokey-McSmokerton.

Then get a doctor's note. Because all your bosses would be theoretical bosses to your unemployed ass lol.

In the meantime be glad you don't have a condition where you need to take anything for severe+chronic pain & hope it never comes up.  

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

In the meantime be glad you don't have a condition where you need to take anything for severe+chronic pain & hope it never comes up.  

Absolutely.  That and I don't have a boss.  Haven't had to answer to anyone in 7+ years.  It's something I highly recommend.

Kinda funny actually when ya think about it.  Jobs/bosses/stress are many times what lead to the need for the drugs many don't allow.

18 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

That's a pretty naive statement and in my opinion, there are far too many people that actually believe this.

The long term detrimental effects of THC on cognitive brain function & it's association with memory loss are very well documented.

Read on.....

And you're entitled to your opinion.  Just like Kaep is entitled to his.  Really don't want this to turn into a weed support thread though.

Simply anything in excess is bad for you.  Me, I'd much prefer weed over typical pain killers, and it's not even close.  However every person/situation/illness is different.  To each their own.  And they should be able to choose.

Also, I wonder if part of the reason weed is illegal happens to have something to do with the fact anyone can easily grow it on their own instead of having to pay big bucks for it.

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

And you're entitled to your opinion.  Just like Kaep is entitled to his.  Really don't want this to turn into a weed support thread though.

Simply anything in excess is bad for you.  Me, I'd much prefer weed over typical pain killers, and it's not even close.  However every person/situation/illness is different.  To each their own.  And they should be able to choose.

Also, I wonder if part of the reason weed is illegal happens to have something to do with the fact anyone can easily grow it on their own instead of having to pay big bucks for it.

Please don't put me and Kaepernick in the same sentence...LOL.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion as well.

I'm not saying that there aren't worse things out there.

As far as your last question/statement - we can only speculate - but I really don't believe that that's the case.

33 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Read on.....

Beware children, Beware!reefer-madness-031-XL.jpg

10 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Please don't put me and Kaepernick in the same sentence...LOL.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion as well.

I'm not saying that there aren't worse things out there.

As far as your last question/statement - we can only speculate - but I really don't believe that that's the case.

Ha, my bad about Kaep.  Just using an example.

Guess we'll have to disagree.

18 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Maybe it's just a power trip thing then.  Like the NFL knows weed isn't bad, but they just like forcing guys to conform to whatever they say?

The NFL should exclude it from testing.  Though for the more conservative teams/coaches, maybe let teams test for it if they want (so long as it's not legal in the state).

The league is run by law abiding citizens.  Pot is against the law so it is bad.  Oh, and btw, global climate change is a hoax.  

Archived