Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

1 minute ago, jfmckenna said:

He's had plenty of chances.

He blew them.

He's hot garbage.

With David Nelson and Stephen Hill? and the worst OL in football?! Let's compare the last four starts of each QB. If he has worse stats than Fitzpatrick, I'll eat my hat.

You keep repetitively stating he sucks, yet you've shown ZERO in the way of actual statistics to prove it. You've lost all credibility, if you ever had any.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

In 2015 Geno Smith was our first team quarterback until he got punched in the jaw.  He got all the meaningful reps with Decker, Marshall, and Enunwa last year prior to his injury.

In 2016 Geno Smith was our first team quarterback getting reps and looks with Decker, Marshall, and Enunwa right up until Ryan Fitzpatrick was signed.  He had all preseason to win the job.  Each day of practice each week he has a chance to win his job back.  He can't do it.  He sucks.

SAR I

Until Macc decided to bring in an old friend a his QB guy in Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Macc the savior replaces Idzik a real tough act to follow 

So here we sit with Ryan Fitzpatrick 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You're absolutely right. Jets fans need to understand that instead of continuously falling for the beard, charisma and the university he attended. Its like this guy has an entire resume that we could review but he gets a pass but Geno is somehow the worst ever. Edward Gorelik said it best. 

No one is "falling" for Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I still haven't seen a single fan wearing his jersey, my kids don't want his poster on their wall, he doesn't have a radio show, he doesn't make appearances.

There are like 6 people on this board who love Geno Smith and they pretend that there is an army of Ryan Fitzpatrick supporters being duped and no such thing exists.  We all know who Ryan Fitzpatrick is.  He's a journeyman with consistency issues.  It's why most rational people had us at 7-9 this year.

SAR I

No one is "falling" for Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I still haven't seen a single fan wearing his jersey, my kids don't want his poster on their wall, he doesn't have a radio show, he doesn't make appearances.

There are like 6 people on this board who love Geno Smith and they pretend that there is an army of Ryan Fitzpatrick supporters being duped and no such thing exists.  We all know who Ryan Fitzpatrick is.  He's a journeyman with consistency issues.  It's why most rational people had us at 7-9 this year.

SAR I

this season is all about when petty gets his chance.  the leaders, the vets, the costly ones - revis, fitz, brandon marshall - they can't get it done anymore.  i have more faith in petty throwing to peake and robbie anderson.  

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

We don't love Geno Smith we know Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks 

SAR I maybe you will see the banner planes again this season 

We want change not pacification 

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Geno Smith was the starting quarterback with all the toys Ryan Fitzpatrick was given but he couldn't win his job back.  Couldn't win it last year, couldn't win it in the offseason, couldn't win it in the preseason, couldn't win it yesterday, can't win it today.  Geno Smith had a ton of reps with Marshall, Decker, and Enunwa, plenty of throws that all our coordinators and coaches could evaluate, and he was so bad that they had to overpay for a journeyman on his 6th NFL team.

Stop deflecting.  Geno got us into this mess, so don't tell me how Ryan is screwing up.  Ryan wasn't brought here to save the Jets, that was Geno's job.  Fitzpatrick was brought here because Geno sucks and the kids aren't ready.

SAR I

There was no competition for the job. So, whatever he did, Fitzpatrick was GIVEN the job this year with no competition provided to smith. I mean, really? This is your argument? that Smith didn't win a job he wasn't in competition for?! And that's a legitimate opportunity in your mind?! Wow...

If someone punches you, regardless of what you've done that is not physical, that's a crime on THEIR PART, not yours.

I love this: it's Geno's fault Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks...What next? it's Obama's fault?!

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

He didn't fail us miserably. the Jets coaching staff and GM failed HIM miserably, which is why Smith is still here and they are gone. Smith had NOBODY to throw to and the worst OL in football. but I guess he failed when he got punched because it's left us with Fitzpatrick and filled moronic boobs with Great White Hope syndrome.

Geno Smith got a talented new GM, a new head coach, new receiving weapons, and a completely fresh start two years ago and didn't work hard enough to win the job and/or didn't have the ability to begin with.  Mike Maccagnan waited until the very last moment to see if Geno Smith could rise up and take the starting job so that he didn't have to pay big money to a free agent journeyman but Geno Smith didn't do it and so Ryan Fitzpatrick is our only option.

Those are the facts. 

SAR I

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Give Geno Smith a chance why isn't he getting one? 

He had his chances in the 2015 preseason (he was the starter), 2015 regular season (he played the whole Oakland game), the entire 2016 offseason (Fitzpatrick unsigned), and the 2016 preseason (shared first team reps).

I think you know why he isn't getting another chance right now.  It's because he showed nothing to Maccagnan and Bowles these past two years and he sucks.

SAR I

He had his chances in the 2015 preseason, 2015 regular season (Oakland), the entire 2016 offseason, and the 2016 preseason.

I think you know why he isn't getting another chance right now.  It's because he showed nothing to Maccagnan and Bowles these past two years and he sucks.

SAR I

What have Macc and Bowles done here that would rank as being successful?  

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Geno Smith got a talented new GM, a new head coach, new receiving weapons, and a completely fresh start two years ago and didn't work hard enough to win the job and/or didn't have the ability to begin with.  Mike Maccagnan waited until the very last moment to see if Geno Smith could rise up and take the starting job so that he didn't have to pay big money to a free agent journeyman but Geno Smith didn't do it and so Ryan Fitzpatrick is our only option.

Those are the facts. 

SAR I

So, you just make up new moronic hate-filled arguments when the older ones are debunked?! I mean, sure, he got punched and injured. Usually, a player can't lose a job due to injury, but, in this case he did. And the result: Fitzpatrick has had 3 4th-quarter INTs in the last 4 starts and a 1-3 record in those starts.

And if you're suggesting that Todd Bowles is a really good judge of talent or good head coach, I'd like to show you the same stats: 1-3 against mostly middling teams and a choke job out of the playoffs when all he had to do was beat Rex Ryan.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Until Macc decided to bring in an old friend a his QB guy in Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Macc the savior replaces Idzik a real tough act to follow 

So here we sit with Ryan Fitzpatrick 

LOL, grasp at straws much?  Now we have the 'Mac Loves Ryan' theory?

If Geno Smith could outplay Ryan Fitzpatrick he would be our starting quarterback.  He can't.

SAR I

SAR I

I would also assume that those 6 people you speak of dont have a Geno Jersey, their kids dont have a Geno poster on their wall, you dont hear Geno on a radio show and he doesnt make appearances....yet you talk about people who "love Geno". 

Whats your point here? The same treatment that Fitz supporters are currently getting is the same that Geno supporters have gotten in the past and continue to receive. The only difference? Its a true statement that Geno never had weapons or a team around him. Fitzpatrick currently has that he's looking like the worst QB in the league right after signing yet another big contract. sh*t, this is so predictable that there are memes basically showing the cycle of his career. Cant say that about Geno, he's still on a rookie deal and on the same team he was drafted by. 

ryan-fitzpatrick-cycle.jpg?quality=90&w=

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

this season is all about when petty gets his chance.  the leaders, the vets, the costly ones - revis, fitz, brandon marshall - they can't get it done anymore.  i have more faith in petty throwing to peake and robbie anderson.  

Yes, when we are mathematically eliminated (might happen on Halloween at this point) then the vets will settle in and rally behind Bryce Petty and we will see if he has some ability.  All that matters in this season is to validate our QB's and see if we need to draft another one in April.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

If Geno Smith could outplay Ryan Fitzpatrick he would be our starting quarterback.  He can't.

SAR I

But he actually HAS. Or do you ignore facts when they are posted: 3 INTs in the 4th quarter of two of his last 4 starts and a 1-3 record in those starts. And, please, Tom Brady sat behind Drew Bledsoe until Mo Lewis help get him his start. Wally Pip started ahead of Lou Gehrig. History is rife with examples of better talent sitting behind crap.

SAR I

Why are you making this about Geno Smith?  Talk about grasping for straws you are the man on that. 

Macc invested $12 million in Fitzpatrick after the bum held out looking for a better offer none came only the Jets. 

Sadly the QB situation here is a mess. 

Sadly this organization is a mess after another GM and head coach.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We don't love Geno Smith we know Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks 

SAR I maybe you will see the banner planes again this season 

We want change not pacification 

We made the mistake of winning 10 games last season.  If we didn't, Ryan and Geno wouldn't be Jets and we would be led by Bryce Petty.  And you wouldn't have been delusional enough to think we were a championship caliber team this season.

It's very funny to see you flip-flop like this.  You were all excited a few weeks ago, thinking we were going to go 12-4, thinking it was our year to dethrone the Patriots.  Now you think that by putting in our lousy backup quarterback it's going to change things.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, when we are mathematically eliminated (might happen on Halloween at this point) then the vets will settle in and rally behind Bryce Petty and we will see if he has some ability.  All that matters in this season is to validate our QB's and see if we need to draft another one in April.

SAR I

with fitz and this schedule sadly that is how i viewed the season.  whether we like hack or not, whether he sucks or not, mccags is drafting tall, big-armed qbs who can at least physically compete with the stars in the nfl.  no cody kesslers anymore.  there's no reason petty can't outperform fitz with his arm, mobility and moxie.  the frustrating thing is that they are completely misled by their 10-6 record last year that they can simply pick up where they left off with fitz forcing the ball to marshall when he's double or triple covered and he'll still come down with it.  other teams know what's coming.

We made the mistake of winning 10 games last season.  If we didn't, Ryan and Geno wouldn't be Jets and we would be led by Bryce Petty.  And you wouldn't have been delusional enough to think we were a championship caliber team this season.

It's very funny to see you flip-flop like this.  You were all excited a few weeks ago, thinking we were going to go 12-4, thinking it was our year to dethrone the Patriots.  Now you think that by putting in our lousy backup quarterback it's going to change things.

SAR I

Not flip flopping smoke clears I'm still a diehard Jets fan. 

Aggravated disgusted at the performance in yesterdays game. 

Coaches failing to make changes,game plan not adjusted,players going through the motions in a game that i thought was very winnable. 

10 minutes ago, phill1c said:

There was no competition for the job. So, whatever he did, Fitzpatrick was GIVEN the job this year with no competition provided to smith. I mean, really? This is your argument? that Smith didn't win a job he wasn't in competition for?! And that's a legitimate opportunity in your mind?! Wow...

If someone punches you, regardless of what you've done that is not physical, that's a crime on THEIR PART, not yours.

I love this: it's Geno's fault Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks...What next? it's Obama's fault?!

Sorry, I only speak to people with post counts over 50.

I will grant you one reply and that is this:  There was no Ryan Fitzpatrick Conspiracy where the Jets just 'gave' him the starting job.  The Jets tried for months to help Geno win the job and he couldn't do it, we were exposed for months that another team could sign Fitzpatrick, we were forced to sign our journeyman because our franchise quarterback prospect has proven to Maccagnan and Bolwes that he is worthless.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I will grant you one reply and that is this:  There was no Ryan Fitzpatrick Conspiracy where the Jets just 'gave' him the starting job.  The Jets tried for months to help Geno win the job and he couldn't do it, we were exposed for months that another team could sign Fitzpatrick, we were forced to sign our journeyman because our franchise quarterback prospect has proven to Maccagnan and Bolwes that he is worthless.

SAR I

The option they chose sucks. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno Smith was given a sh*tty opportunity here if any at all. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick has been given 7 opportunities and sh*t the bed with all 7 teams he's been with. 

You are clearly angry.

Be angry at Geno Smith.  He is your boy and he let you down.  Let us all down, in fact.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is only here because Geno Smith is such a bad quarterback.  He's your enemy.  He's the bad guy.  Let him have it.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR I

i remain convinced that if petty was not hurt he'd be the backup and geno would be inactive if not cut.  

SAR I

Then wait 5 minutes.

You are clearly angry.

Be angry at Geno Smith.  He is your boy and he let you down.  Let us all down, in fact.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is only here because Geno Smith is such a bad quarterback.  He's your enemy.  He's the bad guy.  Let him have it.

SAR I

Geno Smith is another victim of circumstances how many QBs have the Jets ruined over the years. 

How do you feel as a season ticket holder paying for this this sh*t product on the field week after week year after year. 

SAR I

Wow, you were in the meetings? Thanks for sharing that 'insider' info...[FLUSH!!!]

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

next season it will be hack vs petty and that will say all that needs to be said about how the front office views fitz and geno.  mccags is a true scout, he knows what he's got.

You are clearly angry.

SAR I

Angry and disappointed in a team that has underachieved for 47 years excuse after excuse every time we bring in a new GM or head coach its always about rebuilding and these guys are the guys.  

If Woody Johnson cant build a winner  then he needs to sell the damn team to someone who will. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno Smith is another victim of circumstances how many QBs have the Jets ruined over the years. 

How do you feel as a season ticket holder paying for this this sh*t product on the field week after week year after year. 

Geno Smith was given an opportunity to win a job I would kill for and what did he do?  Caught texting a minor, sent dick pics on social media, backed out of a charity appearance, refused to give $600 to a guy he betrayed, boycotted the media, was unprepared in Oakland, had a crappy preseason, lied to fans.  He's the reason you are upset today.  The guy who threw 6 interceptions yesterday is only on this team because Geno can't do his job.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Angry and disappointed in a team that has underachieved for 47 years excuse after excuse every time we bring in a new GM or head coach its always about rebuilding and these guys are the guys.  

If Woody Johnson cant build a winner  then he needs to sell the damn team to someone who will. 

Oh boy.

SAR I

Just now, jfmckenna said:

Let's review what we've learned so far:

1.) Geno Smith sucks.

2.) Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks.

3.) Todd Bowles sucks.

4.) Mike Maccagnan may or may not suck.

That is where we stand.

For now.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and Petty will be "the man" and give us a few years of settle, competent, QB play.

/shrug

Geno Smith was given an opportunity to win a job I would kill for and what did he do?  Caught texting a minor, sent dick pics on social media, backed out of a charity appearance, refused to give $600 to a guy he betrayed, boycotted the media, was unprepared in Oakland, had a crappy preseason, lied to fans.  He's the reason you are upset today.  The guy who threw 6 interceptions yesterday is only on this team because Geno can't do his job.

SAR I

No the Jets organization failed to properly address the QB position for the last 47 years. 

Macc wasted $12 million on Fitz when we should have left him on the couch with his Rubiks cube, 

Time for change 

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You wouldnt "kill" for that because if you truly did you would obviously see clear as day that there's a QB opportunity in the league for you. What have you done the past 50 years to ready yourself to play for the Jets. We havent had a QB in that long. What are you waiting for? Geno wasnt "given" anything. He earned that opportunity by going out and working for it. You cant call his opportunity a free handout when he's been balling ever since he was a Florida middle school student. That's hard work that you're disrespecting. 

You're just a fan like the rest of us. The only difference is that you use TMZ soap opera gossip to criticize a QB you dont like. If you really meant what you said you'd be knocking down the door or holding a sign in front of the stadium like this guy...

You're just talking a good game bro but you're not on Geno's level or any of those guys out there actually doing it. What you see below is what it looks like to "kill" for an opportunity. Not just talk about it on a football forum

Ex-NFL player holds up sign asking Houston Texans for job

By Kelci Johnston - News Producer
placeholder-16x9.jpg?minifierType=js&lan

HOUSTON - A former professional football player holds up a sign outside NRG Stadium, asking the Texans for a job.

Joe Anderson posted a photo of him holding the sign to his Instagram page.

Anderson graduated from Texas Southern University and went on to play for the Chicago Bears in 2013.

Unfortunately, he suffered an injury and was cut from the team shortly after. Anderson said since then, he has not been able to find a job playing for an NFL team.

Anderson's Instagram photo caption read, in part:

"I'm outside the Houston Texans facility every morning because I kno [sic] what type of gift God has blessed me with! [...] I'm not just chasing greatness for myself/family but for all the people that lack faith and wanna [sic] quit..."

Anderson also said that he's working to live out the meaning in "whatever it takes."

18 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Let's review what we've learned so far:

1.) Geno Smith sucks.

2.) Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks.

3.) Todd Bowles sucks.

4.) Mike Maccagnan may or may not suck.

That is where we stand.

When did you learn this? Aren't you still focusing on coloring inside the lines?

We haven't "learned" that Geno Smith sucks. He hasn't played.

That said, the rest of it we can say AT PRESENT is true.

Archived