Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So why is Bowles not starting Geno now?  You make it seem so obvious, so clear.

So why can't Bowles see your wisdom here, do you think?

This isnt wisdom, this is my opinion. Last week my opinion seemed ridiculous, this week...not so much. Lets see what Fitz does against the seahawks with the possibility of not having Wilson on the field

43 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I save it for someone else 

Been there done that 

Last years choke job in Buffalo should have been his last stint in the NFL if it werent for the Jets it wold have been 

Again, this is just another way for you to vent about how upset you are that the Jets don't have a franchise quarterback because the one we drafted, Geno Smith, busted.

And that's cool, you can vent and all, but it shouldn't happen in the Fitzpatrick thread.  It should happen in the Geno Sucks thread.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Again, this is just another way for you to vent about how upset you are that the Jets don't have a franchise quarterback because the one we drafted, Geno Smith, busted.

And that's cool, you can vent and all, but it shouldn't happen in the Fitzpatrick thread.  It should happen in the Geno Sucks thread.

SAR I

There have been many more 

Come on you are better than this 

Find another way to mock Geno find another way to spew your hate for Geno 

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I never liked or wanted Fitzpatrick 

I supported him because he wears a Jets uniform 

Oh, so now you're going to turn on him when he needs your support the most, Mr. A-1 Loyal Jets Fan?

Listen, you are the most loyal Jets fan I have come across, it's your best attribute, I respect you madly for it.  But please remember that this is Year 2 Game 3 of a lengthy rebuild and that last year wasn't a real 10 win season, it was just another baby-step towards respectability.  Also keep in mind that the QB is playing like the QB we expected.  Our secondary is an abomination, our pass rush has vanished, our WR's showboating for the cameras, our head coach making bonehead mistakes.  There are bigger fish to fry than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Oh, so now you're going to turn on him when he needs your support the most, Mr. A-1 Loyal Jets Fan?

Listen, you are the most loyal Jets fan I have come across, it's your best attribute, I respect you madly for it.  But please remember that this is Year 2 Game 3 of a lengthy rebuild and that last year wasn't a real 10 win season, it was just another baby-step towards respectability.  Also keep in mind that the QB is playing like the QB we expected.  Our secondary is an abomination, our pass rush has vanished, our head coach making bonehead mistakes.  There are bigger fish to fry than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

He doesn't deserve any Jets fans support he's a bum 6 INTs he sat out camp over greed he's got the weakest arm in the NFL 

Rebuild?   Since 1969 we been rebuilding ....

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im looking forRyan Fitzpatrick face decals that will stick to my garbage cans anyone know where I can get them? 

Call Geno Smith, ask him why he can't beat out your Garbage Can Man.  After all, that's the issue the New York Jets face today, that's what happened to the Cleveland Browns when Johnny Manzel busted too.

You blame the guy who was supposed to be the franchise quarterback in 2016, not the guy brought in to be his backup who was rushed into duty and has been playing above his abilities as long as he could.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Call Geno Smith, ask him why he can't beat out your Garbage Can Man.  After all, that's the issue the New York Jets face today, that's what happened to the Cleveland Browns when Johnny Manzel busted too.

You blame the guy who was supposed to be the franchise quarterback in 2016, not the guy brought in to be his backup who was rushed into duty and has been playing above his abilities as long as he could.

SAR I

Macc and Todd Bowels would be the people to call do you have their phone numbers.  

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

This.

So perhaps the time is near to shift to Petty/Hack, and live with the consequences?

Petty is more ready, so he gets first crack.  Likely by the midway point this year.

Next year, open competition, Petty/Hack/Draft Pick?

Geno and Fitz will both be gone, and we can start over.  Other teams have the bravery to do it, why shouldn't we?

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Listen, you are the most loyal Jets fan I have come across, it's your best attribute, I respect you madly for it.  But please remember that this is Year 2 Game 3 of a lengthy rebuild and that last year wasn't a real 10 win season, it was just another baby-step towards respectability.  Also keep in mind that the QB is playing like the QB we expected.  Our secondary is an abomination, our pass rush has vanished, our WR's showboating for the cameras, our head coach making bonehead mistakes.  There are bigger fish to fry than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

I agree, but to the Smith Fans there is only one issue - Fitzpatrick standing in the way of Smith taking over, playing in glorious fashion, and leading the team to a VLT.

23 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

If that is the case we never should have signed Fitz.

While everyone predicted the Jets at 8-8 or 7-9 there was the chance that if we caught lightning in a bottle we would get into the playoffs based on how we ended last season.  So I believe Jets management felt the upside to Fitzpatrick being on the team vs. giving the team to Petty was the impetus.  Our schedule is too hard too early to put a raw guy like Petty under center.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

$12 million bucks wasted 

Why?  They're cap dollars, not like the fans get some sort of rebate, not like there was a guy out there who was going to guarantee an 11 win season with that kind of money.

If Geno Smith were only the man we expected him to be, if only, if only....

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

While everyone predicted the Jets at 8-8 or 7-9 there was the chance that if we caught lightning in a bottle we would get into the playoffs based on how we ended last season.  So I believe Jets management felt the upside to Fitzpatrick being on the team vs. giving the team to Petty was the impetus.  Our schedule is too hard too early to put a raw guy like Petty under center.

SAR I

they only want to use petty this year when they're out of it.  they clearly don't want geno to see the field, since only HOF qbs get to play after throwing 5 picks - except if geno is your backup.  after fitz won 10 games last year, the plan this year, the transition year, was play fitz unless/until they're out of it, then play petty.  

Just now, SAR I said:

Why?  They're cap dollars, not like the fans get some sort of rebate, not like there was a guy out there who was going to guarantee an 11 win season with that kind of money.

If Geno Smith were only the man we expected him to be, if only, if only....

SAR I

It's the one argument I'll never get "but muh 12 millions!".

We don't pay it, it wasn't going anywhere else, and it won't cost us any players in 2017.

Lets be honest, what they mean is "but muh Geno Smith fair chance with weapons!".

Looks like both Fitz Fans and Geno Fans will end 2016 in abject disappointment.  

Anyone for the early arrival of the Petty/Hack Bus?  of course, that'll likely be the next QB Civil war here, Petty should play, no Hack should play, Petty, Hack, Petty-ies, Hack-en-Stuffers, WAR!!!!!

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I understand why they did it. But my guess is that they thought they would win 9/10 games and maybe if lucky 10/11; if you thought you were only a 7 win team, you do something else. Even with our schedule and the big goose egg we dropped yesterday, we should still win 7 or 8 games. If we don't we bet really wrong on Fitz. Either way, no way Mac thinks we are a 6-7 win team and signs Fitz.

For that you play Geno for the first 6 games (and then all of the Geno never had a chance crowd would be gone) and people would be happy if Petty won 4 of the last 10. Clearly Mac thought we had a REAL shot at the playoffs or he doesn't sign Fitz.

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

of course you are. just like you were hoping fitz would have a game like yesterday so you could lap this forum

Didn't he deserve to leave the game yesterday he's a nobody in the NFL he has won nothing he hasnt earned any right to give up 6 INTs 

I root for the Jets to win every game 

32 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

they only want to use petty this year when they're out of it.  they clearly don't want geno to see the field, since only HOF qbs get to play after throwing 5 picks - except if geno is your backup.  after fitz won 10 games last year, the plan this year, the transition year, was play fitz unless/until they're out of it, then play petty.  

While the playoffs are still a possibility we must play our best quarterback.

Once the playoffs are a pipe dream we must start to validate young players at quarterback and every other position on the field.  Any player not in our plans for 2017 should not get significant playing time the last 6 or 7 weeks of the 2016 season.

SAR I

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's the one argument I'll never get "but muh 12 millions!".

We don't pay it, it wasn't going anywhere else, and it won't cost us any players in 2017.

Lets be honest, what they mean is "but muh Geno Smith fair chance with weapons!".

Looks like both Fitz Fans and Geno Fans will end 2016 in abject disappointment.  

Anyone for the early arrival of the Petty/Hack Bus?  of course, that'll likely be the next QB Civil war here, Petty should play, no Hack should play, Petty, Hack, Petty-ies, Hack-en-Stuffers, WAR!!!!!

It's really crazy how people latch on to players and can't let go.  Hey, I was guilty for Mark Sanchez but at least that guy flashed, at least that guy showed potential, at least that guy won playoff games on very big stages.

Geno Smith?  Wha?  Because he beat a Dolphins team packing it in in Week 17 before New Year's Eve?  LOL.

SAR I

31 minutes ago, ylekram said:

of course you are. just like you were hoping fitz would have a game like yesterday so you could lap this forum

He should lap the forum and explain why Geno Smith can't beat out a quarterback who played as badly as Ryan Fitzpatrick did yesterday.

All is well in Jets-land if Geno Smith turns into the franchise quarterback he was supposed to be by 2016.  But nah, let's not blame the injury, let's pick on the band aid.

SAR I

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He should lap the forum and explain why Geno Smith can't beat out a quarterback who played as badly as Ryan Fitzpatrick did yesterday.

All is well in Jets-land if Geno Smith turns into the franchise quarterback he was supposed to be by 2016.  But nah, let's not blame the injury, let's pick on the band aid.

SAR I

Many before Geno SAR I many............

Archived