Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No the Jets organization failed to properly address the QB position for the last 47 years. 

Macc wasted $12 million on Fitz when we should have left him on the couch with his Rubiks cube, 

Time for change 

Great, then blame the right people, not Ryan Fitzpatrick.

And start with Geno Smith who was drafted to be our quarterback of the future and never tried hard enough.

SAR I

39 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You're just a fan like the rest of us. The only difference is that you use TMZ soap opera gossip to criticize a QB you dont like. If you really meant what you said you'd be knocking down the door or holding a sign in front of the stadium like this guy...

You're just talking a good game bro but you're not on Geno's level or any of those guys out there actually doing it. What you see below is what it looks like to "kill" for an opportunity. Not just talk about it on a football forum

Geno Smith is a bad quarterback.   You don't need me to see this.  It's very obvious.

SAR I

You wouldnt "kill" for that because if you truly did you would obviously see clear as day that there's a QB opportunity in the league for you. What have you done the past 50 years to ready yourself to play for the Jets. We havent had a QB in that long. What are you waiting for? Geno wasnt "given" anything. He earned that opportunity by going out and working for it. You cant call his opportunity a free handout when he's been balling ever since he was a Florida middle school student. That's hard work that you're disrespecting. 

You're just a fan like the rest of us. The only difference is that you use TMZ soap opera gossip to criticize a QB you dont like. If you really meant what you said you'd be knocking down the door or holding a sign in front of the stadium like this guy...

You're just talking a good game bro but you're not on Geno's level or any of those guys out there actually doing it. What you see below is what it looks like to "kill" for an opportunity. Not just talk about it on a football forum

Ex-NFL player holds up sign asking Houston Texans for job

By Kelci Johnston - News Producer 2   2 0 Comments
placeholder-16x9.jpg?minifierType=js&languageId=en_US&b=6110&t=1473219051000

HOUSTON - A former professional football player holds up a sign outside NRG Stadium, asking the Texans for a job.

Joe Anderson posted a photo of him holding the sign to his Instagram page.

Anderson graduated from Texas Southern University and went on to play for the Chicago Bears in 2013.

Unfortunately, he suffered an injury and was cut from the team shortly after. Anderson said since then, he has not been able to find a job playing for an NFL team.

Anderson's Instagram photo caption read, in part:

"I'm outside the Houston Texans facility every morning because I kno [sic] what type of gift God has blessed me with! [...] I'm not just chasing greatness for myself/family but for all the people that lack faith and wanna [sic] quit..."

Anderson also said that he's working to live out the meaning in "whatever it takes."

I think some people may be overblowing it with the "fire todd bowles" stuff. I'm Not saying he's Lombardi, but relax a little bit. 

What I know isn't overblown is how bad Fitz was yesterday. I mean it was really that brutal. He better have a string of good games and wins to warrant not starting Petty and getting him reps for the future. Cause if Fitz plays better but we're still 1-5, there's no reason he should start again for us.

8 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Well, at least some who call themselves Jet fans are happy about yesterday.

Who? I haven't read ANY posts suggesting that watching your team get embarrassed on NATIONAL TV made anyone happy.

Me, personally, I was happy that Fitzpatrick played well against Buffalo. I didn't expect that he'd play that well every game, but was not happy seeing him implode like he has 2 out of the last 4 starts.

And, really, I would like to see Geno, Petty, ANY QB with an arm start for the jets. Dink and dunk, even with Alex Smith, is not a championship winning offensive style.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think some people may be overblowing it with the "fire todd bowles" stuff. I'm Not saying he's Lombardi, but relax a little bit. 

What I know isn't overblown is how bad Fitz was yesterday. I mean it was really that brutal. He better have a string of good games and wins to warrant not starting Petty and getting him reps for the future. Cause if Fitz plays better but we're still 1-5, there's no reason he should start again for us.

That is why Bowles needs to be held accountable. Don't want him gone, but I do want him to acknowledge he effed up an obvious situation by not making a switch at QB. His leash needs to be tightened and improvements need to be seen.

Just now, j4jets said:

That is why Bowles needs to be held accountable. Don't want him gone, but I do want him to acknowledge he effed up an obvious situation by not making a switch at QB. His leash needs to be tightened and improvements need to be seen.

I'm not the biggest Todd Bowles fan. But I think the bigger issue was a gameplan that had no wrinkles and that didn't include a defense for the short WR pass...after three games of being victimized by it.

I'm thinking is a small sample, but I'm expecting improvement over the course of this season in ALL phases of the jets performance. Let's not forget, in the opener, the ST let us down, although the offense was pretty pedestrian too. Then, it was specials AND the offense, while the defense was, imo Meh. I'd like to see a complete game from the Jets soon.

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I'm not the biggest Todd Bowles fan. But I think the bigger issue was a gameplan that had no wrinkles and that didn't include a defense for the short WR pass...after three games of being victimized by it.

I'm thinking is a small sample, but I'm expecting improvement over the course of this season in ALL phases of the jets performance. Let's not forget, in the opener, the ST let us down, although the offense was pretty pedestrian too. Then, it was specials AND the offense, while the defense was, imo Meh. I'd like to see a complete game from the Jets soon.

Bowles fault wasn't any of that. You can have a gameplan that blows up on you. That happens. You are correct about sample size in most situations. However, yesterday had nothing to do with gameplan and sample size. It was all about making a common sense move and benching Fitz. Don't need sample sizes for that. You let him sit a series or two and see how that goes. Couldn't be any worse than what we saw, I promise you that.

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Bowles fault wasn't any of that. You can have a gameplan that blows up on you. That happens. You are correct about sample size in most situations. However, yesterday had nothing to do with gameplan and sample size. It was all about making a common sense move and benching Fitz. Don't need sample sizes for that. You let him sit a series or two and see how that goes. Couldn't be any worse than what we saw, I promise you that.

I disagree.

Bowles team was flat, and they had 10 days to come up with a surprise or SOMETHING to start the game out fast. They had nothing and haven't even figured out a defense for the short WR pass.

And they've been sloppy ALL SEASON!!

Lets face it.

Opposing coaching staffs must be fvcking giddy game planning for Sh!tzpatrick.

I think the NYJs are the few teams where during practice week leading to playing the NYJ  opposing CS actually get home for dinner with the wife and kids.

Until he is replaced with at least a middle of the pack QB this team is screwed.

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Lets face it.

Opposing coaching staffs must be fvcking giddy game planning for Sh!tzpatrick.

I think the NYJs are the few teams where during practice week leading to playing the NYJ  opposing CS actually get home for dinner with the wife and kids.

Until he is replaced with at least a middle of the pack QB this team is screwed.

We are the laughing stock of the NFL thanks to Fitzpatrick 

14 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I disagree.

Bowles team was flat, and they had 10 days to come up with a surprise or SOMETHING to start the game out fast. They had nothing and haven't even figured out a defense for the short WR pass.

And they've been sloppy ALL SEASON!!

Again, Im not even questioning the gameplan part, so Im not even agreeing or disagreeing with you. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Again, Im not even questioning the gameplan part, so Im not even agreeing or disagreeing with you. 

Cool.

So your argument is that Fitz should have come out after stinking up the joint. Say, maybe after the third INT?

I was really not happy to hear him say something like "I don't care what you right about my play. I was fighting and trying to make plays. After the game was lost, I just starting winging it..." or something like that.

NO, the game was lost BECAUSE you started throwing nonsensical passes into double and triple coverage!!

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

God, please take you to white heaven. Where the Jets wear their all white uniforms, have only white players and coaches, and fans like you can cry about how Obama ruined the country.

And, really, are you too stupid to not know that your saying that won't reply is an actual reply?

Wait! Don't answer...

Sorry, I don't speak to racists either.

SAR I

50 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The only thing you'd kill for, is to say this ^^^^

I've been waiting 37 years for a franchise quarterback, no one wanted Geno Smith to succeed more than I did.

But he didn't.  Because he sucks.  And that's a reality you folks need to face.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I've been waiting 37 years for a franchise quarterback, no one wanted Geno Smith to succeed more than I did.

But he didn't.  Because he sucks.  And that's a reality you folks need to face.

SAR I

Ok he sucks but Fitzpatrick sucks more 

Lets go with a rookie like other teams are doing 

Grow some balls 

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We are the laughing stock of the NFL thanks to Fitzpatrick 

No, we were the surprise team of 2015 thanks to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

We were the laughing stock of 2014 thanks to Geno Smith and we can't go anywhere in 2016 because Geno Smith didn't live up to expectations and we're stuck with a journeyman quarterback who is yet another year older.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We were the laughing stock of 2014 thanks to Geno Smith and we can't go anywhere in 2016 because Geno Smith didn't live up to expectations and we're stuck with a journeyman quarterback who is yet another year older.

SAR I

2015 is over!!!!!!   We had the easiest schedule in the NFL 

12 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Cool.

So your argument is that Fitz should have come out after stinking up the joint. Say, maybe after the third INT?

Correct. At any time after the 3rd, 4th, or the 5th int. 

I was really not happy to hear him say something like "I don't care what you right about my play. I was fighting and trying to make plays. After the game was lost, I just starting winging it..." or something like that.

NO, the game was lost BECAUSE you started throwing nonsensical passes into double and triple coverage!!

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok he sucks but Fitzpatrick sucks more 

Lets go with a rookie like other teams are doing 

Grow some balls 

I am fine with giving Petty a shot but it can't happen now.  In a month when we are statistically eliminated it will happen, but not before then.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR I

some here are blaming mccags.  seriously, he inherited geno, a few months later the guy gets socked in the jaw, so he has to play a journeyman who never made the playoffs.  it's not as if the gm isn't drafting qbs to fix the qb problem.  we may not like the hack pick but he had the balls to make it.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:
1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

some here are blaming mccags.  seriously, he inherited geno, a few months later the guy gets socked in the jaw, so he has to play a journeyman who never made the playoffs.  it's not as if the gm isn't drafting qbs to fix the qb problem.  we may not like the hack pick but he had the balls to make it.

2015 is over!!!!!!   We had the easiest schedule in the NFL 

I think Macagnnon is the only one NOT to be in the crosshairs. I think he's done an EXCELLENT job of finding talent for this team.

Archived