Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Other teams are doing it why not the Jets?  

Because Marshall, Decker and Mangold were politicking for him all off season.  If he is benched it could fracture the locker room and, and... wait, what?  That is straight up bullsh*t.  The real reason is they made a 12 million dollar investment and to bench him this early would make THEM look like they don't know what they are doing (which is how I am starting to feel anyway the longer I have to watch this stiff).  Petty can't get well fast enough... 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

He showed his ability in week 17 going undefeated in his career as well as throwing up a perfect passer rating. He showed what he could do on MNF after his "behind the back fumble" that everyone loves to bring up yet are silent about his following come-from-behind performance against the Falcons which earned him an AFC Player Of The Week award. Geno showed that he could mount a comeback after the defense gave up a multiple possession lead against the Packers, only for the OC and Sheldon Richardson to **** it up. 

People just like to dump on Geno, but he's shown some things here. 

Not to mention somehow managing to have an 8 - 8 record as a rookie; something he gets absolutely NO credit for. 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

So why is Bowles not starting Geno now?  You make it seem so obvious, so clear.

So why can't Bowles see your wisdom here, do you think?

Because 1. Bowles is a conservative coach who prefers veterans,  2.It is only the third game of the season and 3. They just paid this stiff $12 million dollars so no way are they benching this guy this early. 4. He apparently has no confidence in Geno.  I am sure that last one is the answer you have been waiting for.   

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Because 1. Bowles is a conservative coach who prefers veterans,  2.It is only the third game of the season and 3. They just paid this stiff $12 million dollars so no way are they benching this guy this early. 4. He apparently has no confidence in Geno.  I am sure that last one is the answer you have been waiting for.   

STIFFPatrick LOL yesterday he was SIXPatrick 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

STIFFPatrick LOL yesterday he was SIXPatrick 

Mocking the only NFL-caliber quarterback on the roster surely shows your loyalty to the green and white. 

Went 10-5 last year.  Already awarded AFC Player of The Week this year. Yeah, lets quit on him after one bad game. 

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mocking the only NFL-caliber quarterback on the roster surely shows your loyalty to the green and white. 

Went 10-5 last year.  Already awarded AFC Player of The Week this year. Yeah, lets quit on him after one bad game. 

SAR I

SADLY the shoe fits any QB who throws 6 INTs is fair game in my book. 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Does it matter that Geno Smith was average once a long time ago when he sucks so bad right now?

SAR I

Mocking a kid who never really got a fair chance. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Mocking a kid who never really got a fair chance. 

Fair chance?

Two long years of my life and $12,000 in gameday tickets say he got more than enough chances to prove he is a franchise quarterback, I could list 2000 quarterbacks cut loose with far fewer regular season games, preseason games, OTA's, and offseason's on the resume. 

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Fair chance?

Two long years of my life and $12,000 in gameday tickets say he got more than enough chances to prove he is a franchise quarterback, I could list 2000 quarterbacks cut loose with far fewer regular season games, preseason games, OTA's, and offseason's on the resume. 

SAR I

SAR I $12,000 is chump change in the grand scheme of things a bagel a coffee a newspaper a bologna sandwich for lunch for a year come on man. Its a travesty when Smith was the QB but its no bog deal paying for the Fitzpatrick show this season. COME ON MAN

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I $12,000 is chump change in the grand scheme of things a bagel a coffee a newspaper a bologna sandwich for lunch for a year come on man. Its a travesty when Smith was the QB but its no bog deal paying for the Fitzpatrick show this season. COME ON MAN

$12,000 a year for bologna and coffee sounds legit.

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Does it matter that Geno Smith was average once a long time ago when he sucks so bad right now?

SAR I

Really? How did he do the last 4 games he actually started?  You talk about how much he sucks and yet we have no idea how he would play with THIS team. He has been on the sidelines watching and I will assume learning for the last year and a half.  Neither you nor I know what Geno would with the weapons on this team.  

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Geno is in his 4th year, he is a Veteran.

The third game, at 1-3, is a perfect time to save the season if you have better on the bench.

Money is irrelevant unless you're a bad coach.  Is Bowles a bad Coach who'd put money > talent in your view?

Should he have confidence in Geno, if so, why?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Geno is in his 4th year, he is a Veteran.

The third game, at 1-3, is a perfect time to save the season if you have better on the bench.

Money is irrelevant unless you're a bad coach.  Is Bowles a bad Coach who'd put money > talent in your view?

Should he have confidence in Geno, if so, why?

I just answered your question.  

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not really, but no worries.  

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not really, but no worries.  

So you want me to tell you why Bowles has no confidence in Geno?   I think he was disappointed in his judgement after the IK incident and once Fitz got the job and had the support of the team he had no reason for change.

10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

So you want me to tell you why Bowles has no confidence in Geno?   I think he was disappointed in his judgement after the IK incident and once Fitz got the job and had the support of the team he had no reason for change.

A fair answer.

Why didn't he pull Fitz after his 4th INT.

Even I would have pulled Fitz for Geno after his 4th INT.

/smh 

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A fair answer.

Why didn't he pull Fitz after his 4th INT.

Even I would have pulled Fitz for Geno after his 4th INT.

/smh 

Because he is very stubborn and conservative in his approach.  Plus the game was still in reach. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The 2016 Jets isn't the Fitzpatrick show.  It is a necessary step in the Maccagnan show.  I am all-in.  I'll sit there and watch us go 1-15 this year if it means we build the right way for once and take our best shot a few years down the road when Bill Bellichick is retired and there is a path to an AFCE championship.

What I do know is that I won't pay a dime to see Geno Smith ever again.  If he's going to start, I'm selling on StubHub.  If he's on TV, I'm watching something else-  like a rerun to a show that was actually good when it ran for the first time.

SAR I

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Really? How did he do the last 4 games he actually started?  You talk about how much he sucks and yet we have no idea how he would play with THIS team. He has been on the sidelines watching and I will assume learning for the last year and a half.  Neither you nor I know what Geno would with the weapons on this team.  

I couldn't stomach Geno Smith after 24 games or so, never watched the end of his horrific 4-12 disaster, will never watch him take another snap as a Jet again.

What is far more relevant is that Geno Smith got to play an entire 2015 game, got to play with all the starters on the record-setting high-powered 2015 Jets offense.  And he was a three-and-out machine, more garbage football from our all-time garbage man.

If Geno Smith lived up to the expectations we all had of him we wouldn't have lost in Kansas City, we'd be 3-0 right now.  We have a journeyman quarterback who is the very definition of mediocre and Geno Smith can't beat him out, can't take his job.  It's terrible.  And you sit here and defend him.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I couldn't stomach Geno Smith after 24 games or so, never watched the end of his horrific 4-12 disaster, will never watch him take another snap as a Jet again.

What is far more relevant is that Geno Smith got to play an entire 2015 game, got to play with all the starters on the record-setting high-powered 2015 Jets offense.  And he was a three-and-out machine, more garbage football from our all-time garbage man.

If Geno Smith lived up to the expectations we all had of him we wouldn't have lost in Kansas City, we'd be 3-0 right now.  We have a journeyman quarterback who is the very definition of mediocre and Geno Smith can't beat him out, can't take his job.  It's terrible.  And you sit here and defend him.

SAR l

Just now, JetBlue said:
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR l

What color is the sky in your world?  You admit you no clue how he played the last four games of the 2014 season.  When did get to play in 2015?  The Raider game where he put numbers similar to what Fitz averaged?  Of course he was slated to start before he was assaulted but to say "he got play with high powered 2015 offense" is intellectually dishonest.  I get it, you hate Geno; no need to make sh*t up.

8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

What color is the sky in your world?  You admit you no clue how he played the last four games of the 2014 season.  When did get to play in 2015?  The Raider game where he put numbers similar to what Fitz averaged?  Of course he was slated to start before he was assaulted but to say "he got play with high powered 2015 offense" is intellectually dishonest.  I get it, you hate Geno; no need to make sh*t up.

In sarry's defense, he has no idea what half the players on the field are doing so it probably wouldn't matter if he had watched the games or not

Archived