Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

New England starts a rookie dresses no backup we are afraid to start a rookie QB unreal this organization wonder no more why its been so long .......

Again, to be fair, nobody can question anything BB does. Todd Bowles doesn't have that juice. And most teams have already lost the game before it's played against the Pats due to the intimidation factor.

BB is an awesome coach. A great motivator and a guy who would NEVER be held hostage by Fitzpatrick.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You're absolutely right. Jets fans need to understand that instead of continuously falling for the beard, charisma and the university he attended. Its like this guy has an entire resume that we could review but he gets a pass but Geno is somehow the worst ever. Edward Gorelik said it best. 

trying to make a point and using Edward gorelik as some kinda proof makes you look silly. his tweets are laughable

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I've been waiting 37 years for a franchise quarterback, no one wanted Geno Smith to succeed more than I did.

But he didn't.  Because he sucks.  And that's a reality you folks need to face.

SAR I

This is a true statement. You could have said this rather than talking about penis pics and all of the other soap opera stuff. Geno sucked for 2 seasons, but most of that was based on his environment as well, from the coaches on up. 

Im not going to deny your statement, the problem is people always deny all of the other parts that had a part to play. Fitz doesnt have that problem, doesnt have that front office, doesnt have MM as his OC, doesnt have Rex as his coach, has weapons etc. WTF is going on here is my problem. What we paid him knowing what he was is my problem. 

There's a difference being a guy who failed during his rookie contract and being a 12 year vet failing while on your 6th contract with arguably the best all around team I've seen the Jets put together. 

You have a point, but Geno being bad for 2 years doesnt make him a bad QB. He very well could be but there are plenty of QB's that started out similarly then went on to have great careers. Dude is still on his rookie deal, how is it a "fact" that he's unsalvageable? We have a starter who's done nothing his entire career and yet he's "Magic". 

Magic is technically a spell...which seems like many Jets fans are unfortunately under. If you're going to have the name "magic" then you should play more like how Johnson did in basketball is all im saying. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

2015 is over!!!!!!   We had the easiest schedule in the NFL 

Exactly.

I told you this all summer, I warned you that our cupcake 10 win season was a mirage, I told you we didn't have a franchise quarterback, I told you to take our crazy hard schedule more seriously.

So I fail to see your anger today if you knew all of this.  Like the rest of us, you should have been prepared and expecting a 7-9 season and the eventual trial-run of Bryce Petty in real NFL games so we can validate whether or not we need to draft another franchise quarterback prospect next year.  With Fitzpatrick and Smith both getting the boot in February we have to know where we stand with Petty and having him on the bench in this non-playoff season accomplishes little.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

I told you this all summer, I warned you that our cupcake 10 win season was a mirage, I told you we didn't have a franchise quarterback, I told you to take our crazy hard schedule more seriously.

So I fail to see your anger today if you knew all of this.  Like the rest of us, you should have been prepared and expecting a 7-9 season and the eventual trial-run of Bryce Petty in real NFL games so we can validate whether or not we need to draft another franchise quarterback prospect next year.  With Fitzpatrick and Smith both getting the boot in February we have to know where we stand with Petty and having him on the bench in this non-playoff season accomplishes little.

SAR I

SAR I save it for someone else 

Been there done that 

Last years choke job in Buffalo should have been his last stint in the NFL if it werent for the Jets it wold have been 

2 hours ago, phill1c said:

So, you just make up new moronic hate-filled arguments when the older ones are debunked?! I mean, sure, he got punched and injured. Usually, a player can't lose a job due to injury, but, in this case he did. And the result: Fitzpatrick has had 3 4th-quarter INTs in the last 4 starts and a 1-3 record in those starts.

And if you're suggesting that Todd Bowles is a really good judge of talent or good head coach, I'd like to show you the same stats: 1-3 against mostly middling teams and a choke job out of the playoffs when all he had to do was beat Rex Ryan.

Moronic hate filled arguments?  Can you be more specific?

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

New England starts a rookie dresses no backup we are afraid to start a rookie QB unreal this organization wonder no more why its been so long .......

No, it's impatient fans like you that have made our QB situation the mess it is for all these years.

And let me remind you, we had the hottest QB prospect in the NFL under center for two seasons, won 4 playoff games, came within a hair of the Super Bowl, and you still drove him out of town before he had a chance to show something under better coaching and with a better roster.  Petty and Hack didn't play in pro-style offenses, they need time to develop. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

No, it's impatient fans like you that have made our QB situation the mess it is for all these years.

And let me remind you, we had the hottest QB prospect in the NFL under center for two seasons, won 4 playoff games, came within a hair of the Super Bowl, and you still drove him out of town before he had a chance to show something under better coaching and with a better roster.  Petty and Hack didn't play in pro-style offenses, they need time to develop. 

SAR I

Impatient?  

47 years.............

Are you drinking? 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is a true statement. You could have said this rather than talking about penis pics and all of the other soap opera stuff. Geno sucked for 2 seasons, but most of that was based on his environment as well, from the coaches on up.

Im not going to deny your statement, the problem is people always deny all of the other parts that had a part to play. Fitz doesnt have that problem, doesnt have that front office, doesnt have MM as his OC, doesnt have Rex as his coach, has weapons etc. WTF is going on here is my problem. What we paid him knowing what he was is my problem. 

There's a difference being a guy who failed during his rookie contract and being a 12 year vet failing while on your 6th contract with arguably the best all around team I've seen the Jets put together. 

You have a point, but Geno being bad for 2 years doesnt make him a bad QB. He very well could be but there are plenty of QB's that started out similarly then went on to have great careers. Dude is still on his rookie deal, how is it a "fact" that he's unsalvageable? We have a starter who's done nothing his entire career and yet he's "Magic".

Magic is technically a spell...which seems like many Jets fans are unfortunately under. If you're going to have the name "magic" then you should play more like how Johnson did in basketball is all im saying. 

Geno Smith is now in Year 4 and he has shown us nothing.  Mark Sanchez didn't get that much time before fans ran him out of town and that's despite the fact that he won a ton of clutch games, went on an 18-4 run at one point, and stepped up huge in playoff games. 

If Geno Smith were going to show something it would have happened by now.  He's on the roster because Maccagnan doesn't want to load up on old QB's, he wants roster flexibility to carry multiple youngsters that we can develop.  It's a good strategy.  We need to stay the course.

SAR I

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

God, please take you to white heaven. Where the Jets wear their all white uniforms, have only white players and coaches, and fans like you can cry about how Obama ruined the country.

And, really, are you too stupid to not know that your saying that won't reply is an actual reply?

Wait! Don't answer...

No politics and you are starting an argument nobody else is having.  Please stop or find another place to post.

Geno Smith is now in Year 4 and he has shown us nothing.  Mark Sanchez didn't get that much time before fans ran him out of town and that's despite the fact that he won a ton of clutch games, went on an 18-4 run at one point, and stepped up huge in playoff games. 

If Geno Smith were going to show something it would have happened by now.  He's on the roster because Maccagnan doesn't want to load up on old QB's, he wants roster flexibility to carry multiple youngsters that we can develop.  It's a good strategy.  We need to stay the course.

SAR I

Macc signed a journeyman bum that held out no other team 31 of them showed any interest in Fitzpatrick Macc failed us miserably 

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

HIs tweets are laughable, but true most of the time. That doesnt make me look silly, it makes Fitz look like what he is. 

true? fitz "dragged down" talented teams? lol. geno lost his job to a "serial assaulter"? double lol

SAR I

He showed his ability in week 17 going undefeated in his career as well as throwing up a perfect passer rating. He showed what he could do on MNF after his "behind the back fumble" that everyone loves to bring up yet are silent about his following come-from-behind performance against the Falcons which earned him an AFC Player Of The Week award. Geno showed that he could mount a comeback after the defense gave up a multiple possession lead against the Packers, only for the OC and Sheldon Richardson to **** it up. 

People just like to dump on Geno, but he's shown some things here. 

6 minutes ago, ylekram said:

true? fitz "dragged down" talented teams? lol. geno lost his job to a "serial assaulter"? double lol

Thats exactly what happened. Fitz was on a team that started I think 4-0 or 5-0 and then he proceeded to do what he always does. Geno lost his job to a serial assaulter who before assaulting Geno assaulted a cop, and after assaulting Geno assaulted another Bills player 1 year later. 

Fitz was cut from a Texans team that the very next season made the playoffs. 

How is this not fact? 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Thats exactly what happened. Fitz was on a team that started I think 4-0 or 5-0 and then he proceeded to do what he always does. Geno lost his job to a serial assaulter who before assaulting Geno assaulted a cop, and after assaulting Geno assaulted another Bills player 1 year later. 

How is this not fact? 

lol

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

How is this not fact? 

So why is Bowles not starting Geno now?  You make it seem so obvious, so clear.

So why can't Bowles see your wisdom here, do you think?

Archived