Best & Worst pickups.. Fitzy is ~ ~ ~

kelly

I said it before and I will say it again.  Signing Fitz was a panic move and a cave in to the "players" who were begging for him to be resigned.  I can't EVER imagine Bellicheck getting played that way.  He would have stuck to his guns and went with whatever quarterback was on his roster or went out and go someone that would agree to HIS terms and not the other way around.   Now we are stuck with Mr. Mediocrity until Bowles gets his head out of his ass (which might not be until we are totally out of it.)

God I hope Petty is ready to play soon..... 

12 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Did you watch the video?

Fitz sucked on Sunday.

Hes an up and down, inconsistent QB.  Someone on NFLN pointed it out.  Ok.

Going into the KC game that same network touted us as one of the most improved teams, a playoff team and claims we should expect Fitz to play at least as good as a year ago.  That the team is better in every way than last year.  One fool has us as his AFC SB team.  

Not hanging onto any of this but we're no laughingstock for inconsistent QB play.  Who's laughing?  Can say at about most NFL teams. 

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fitz sucked on Sunday.

Hes an up and down, inconsistent QB.  Someone on NFLN pointed it out.  Ok.

Going into the KC game that same network touted us as one of the most improved teams, a playoff team and claims we should expect Fitz to play at least as good as a year ago.  That the team is better in every way than last year.  One fool has us as his AFC SB team.  

Not hanging onto any of this but we're no laughingstock for inconsistent QB play.  Who's laughing?  Can say at about most NFL teams. 

I have many buddies in many states. They are laughing. Again. Even that little guy in the NFL video was smirking. No wonder I don't watch tv anymore

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Theres always next year was coined for this team.

i think it was coined for the bklyn dodgers when they played the yankees in the world series during the 50's  altho it was actually "wait till next year" which is about the same thing.

I can't even put into words how frustrating it is to see this sort of reporting.

These same phuckin idiots were the ones saying it was imperative the Jets re-sign Fitz.  I can give the misguided fans a pass, because they're just fans.  They don't get paid for it, and many are easily swayed by media/stats.

But these god damn reporters...  all offseason.  "The Jets have to re-sign Fitz."  "Why mess with a good thing?"  "The Jets and Fitz need each other."

All while a few here argued (and took tons of sh!t) against it.

Now.  After it's already too late.  Now.  After it was glaringly obvious since at least January this was a bad decision.  Now.  After wasting an offseason, 3 games, and 12mil...  do they FINALLY see it.

Ugh, balls.

I said it before and I will say it again.  Signing Fitz was a panic move and a cave in to the "players" who were begging for him to be resigned.  I can't EVER imagine Bellicheck getting played that way.  He would have stuck to his guns and went with whatever quarterback was on his roster or went out and go someone that would agree to HIS terms and not the other way around.   Now we are stuck with Mr. Mediocrity until Bowles gets his head out of his ass (which might not be until we are totally out of it.)

God I hope Petty is ready to play soon..... 

Not sure how you could call it a panic move. They tried to sign him right after the season and didn't cave in to his agents demands. A panic move would have been signing another veteran because fitz signed elsewhere. No one is thrilled with the performance fitz gave us last week (except the kc defense) but the season is still young and we have time to get back into the hunt.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Just now, bealeb319 said:

Not sure how you could call it a panic move. They tried to sign him right after the season and didn't cave in to his agents demands. A panic move would have been signing another veteran because fitz signed elsewhere. No one is thrilled with the performance fitz gave us last week (except the kc defense) but the season is still young and we have time to get back into the hunt.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I call it panic because I honestly feel they should went with Geno and Petty competing for the start.  Instead they rather hand the job to a quarterback no one else wanted.

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

I can't even put into words how frustrating it is to see this sort of reporting.

These same phuckin idiots were the ones saying it was imperative the Jets re-sign Fitz.  I can give the misguided fans a pass, because they're just fans.  They don't get paid for it, and many are easily swayed by media/stats.

But these god damn reporters...  all offseason.  "The Jets have to re-sign Fitz."  "Why mess with a good thing?"  "The Jets and Fitz need each other."

All while a few here argued (and took tons of sh!t) against it.

Now.  After it's already too late.  Now.  After it was glaringly obvious since at least January this was a bad decision.  Now.  After wasting an offseason, 3 games, and 12mil...  do they FINALLY see it.

Ugh, balls.

They're never wrong bro. 

This is why it kills me when I see guys like EM31 say stuff like "The experts also agree with my position so obviously I must be right", then all it takes is for Fitz to throw 6 picks in a game and those same pundits are talking about how Fitz is one of the worst offseason pick ups. 

Couldnt make that up if I wanted to. lol.

40 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I call it panic because I honestly feel they should went with Geno and Petty competing for the start.  Instead they rather hand the job to a quarterback no one else wanted.

Who else in the NFL would want Geno or Petty at this juncture as a starting QB? They were both passed on in their respective drafts by all of the teams. If MAC and Bowles said Geno, Petty, and Hack were going to duke it out all offseason to see who quarterbacks the 2016 Jets, then you would have seen panic. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cookie.png

Just call me (or any of the other guys arguing the point)...

Absolutely no problem at all taking the cookie after that whole damn offseason of arguing.  100s and 100s of posts.  Most of which were extremely repetitive.

In fact, for everyone who called it and had to go through all that BS too...

maxresdefault.jpg

Fitz is a box of those Jelly Belly trick jelly Beans. Yes that green jelly bean might be sour apple. It could also be vomit flavor. The trick is getting lucky and picking out the good flavors from the bad. Last year we got lucky and drew a lot of the good flavors. This year we're eating skunk and dirty socks so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Just call me (or any of the other guys arguing the point)...

Absolutely no problem at all taking the cookie after that whole damn offseason of arguing.  100s and 100s of posts.  Most of which were extremely repetitive.

In fact, for everyone who called it and had to go through all that BS too...

maxresdefault.jpg

4780760-3x2-700x467.jpg

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Seems a little early for victory laps, but did we really expect a higher ground taken after a bad game?

Early?  Some of these guys were doing victory laps when Fitz threw his first incomplete pass on day one of TC.  As I said, this was their SB.

Sadly, we're probably gonna' see another multi-interception game this Sunday.  Running game and defense are going to have to carry them against Seattle secondary.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Early?  Some of these guys were doing victory laps when Fitz threw his first incomplete pass on day one of TC.  As I said, this was their SB.

Sadly, we're probably gonna' see another multi-interception game this Sunday.  Running game and defense are going to have to carry them against Seattle secondary.

Oh, please. Jets fans, including me, a Geno fan, want Fitzpatrick to succeed. I took no pleasure in watching him suck.

Contrast that with the Geno Haters. He doesn't even have to take a snap for them to spew hate. At least Fitzpatrick earned his hate AFTER the **** ups.

32 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times...weeks 1-3 are what really makes up an NFL season.  Weeks 4-17 is just killing time until the playoffs start.

No you're wrong.  The real part of the NFL season is after the tough part of the schedule.  Come like week 8; that's when it really starts.  But there'll be two non-important games vs NE mixed in there.  Pay no attention to those either.

As long as Fitz finishes with a decent winning % vs average and worse teams... all good.

Just now, Mike135 said:

No your wrong.  The real part of the NFL season is after the tough part of the schedule.  Come like week 8; that's when it really starts.  But there'll be two non-important games vs NE mixed in there.  Pay no attention to those either.

As long as Fitz finishes with a decent winning % vs average and worse teams... all good.

So, you're telling me that some people are busting out the celebratory milk and cookies a bit too early?

29 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So, you're telling me that some people are busting out the celebratory milk and cookies a bit too early?

To clarify, I'm enjoying it. 

I don't see the problem as a matter of fact. Don't Jets fans boo Geno during preseason games? So what's the problem again?

I'll have my milk and cookies thank you. :P

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

To clarify, I'm enjoying it. 

I don't see the problem matter of fact. Don't Jets fans bio Geno during preseason games? 

I'll have my milk and cookies thank you. :P

Credit for being honest...many others enjoying the poor play but not willing to admit it.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I call you what you are, trolls who've been actively rooting against your own team and are now :smug: about it

But hey, at least you get that cookie.

Ya gonna believe what ya gonna believe.  Don't really like arguing against people that instantly resort to "troll".  

Oh you don't support the team like I do?  You're a troll.

Waste of time.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Ya gonna believe what ya gonna believe.  Don't really like arguing against people that instantly resort to "troll".  

Troll was being nice.  Frankly, guys like you, Villian, I wouldn't call you Jets Fans at all.

When you cross the line of actively rooting against your own team and your own players, rooting for Jets players to get hurt, because it's more important to be right on the internet, well......you're no fan in my book.

Oh you don't support the team like I do?  You're a troll.

Waste of time.

Yes, you, and your gloating, are indeed a waste of time.  

Enjoy your cookie.  Hopefully next year, when Geno is elsewhere, you'll be eating it there.

Archived