Why the focus on Fitz the biggest disappointment is the defense.

Jetsbb

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Fitz sucks

It's time for Geno

The raiders have a worse secondary than us yet they can win because their qb can actually throw

Don't try to convince me, you'll have to convince Macc & Bowles and Chan.

I'm fine with a change, Fitz has earned a benching through 4 games.

Don't be shocked, tho, if you don't get what you want.  They appear to hold Geno in very low regard as compared to JN Fans.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Anyone watching a QB throw 9 INTs in two games knows that's the most glaring issue.  For all the talk of KC scoring on their first drive, they scored that TD and the FG off a short field.  6 more on a pick six and another 6 on a fumble return.  On a day when the QB threw 6 INTs.  Don't want to hear it's in the D 

I don't understand the fascination with not starting Geno is

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

The Jets are 4th best in the NFL in Time of Possession in 2016.

So no, "always being on the field" is not, in fact, the issue.

The issue is our Pass Defense is by almost every objective measure one of the worst in the NFL. 

Plenty of 3 and outs don't lie. 

Opposing teams score quickly and often. 

We are 1-3 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Exactly if Macc and Bowles stay with Fitzpatrick i hope he costs them their damn jobs!!!!!!  They deserve it. 

They're going to stay with him another game or two and then he's the backup.  

Mauldin got exactly 6 snaps yesterday SIX!  What is going on here? Is he playing THAT bad?   I think we need to see a real defensive shake up and I would start with Pryor.  Where is Bruce Carter?  Is he hurt? I thought he was supposed to a good coverage linebacker?  It is obvious something needs to change.  There is no way Harris should have 60 snaps; not any more. 

Jets defensive snap count (based on 60): DB -- Gilchrist 60, Williams 49, Pryor 48, Skrine 45, Revis 39, Burris 18, Miles 11; LB -- Harris 60, Lee 34, Henderson 26, Jenkins 21, Mauldin 6; DL -- Wilkerson 58, Richardson 58, Williams 56, McLendon 47, Simon 17, Jenkins 7. Revis suffered an injury and came out. Pryor was pulled for 11 plays in favor of Miles -- perhaps a sign the coaches aren't happy with Pryor. Mauldin, once projected as an every-down player, all but disappeared from the radar.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

The Jets are 4th best in the NFL in Time of Possession in 2016.

So no, "always being on the field" is not, in fact, the issue.

The issue is our Pass Defense is by almost every objective measure one of the worst in the NFL. 

I have to wonder if joe willy even watches these games.

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I have to wonder if joe willy even watches these games.

How many points have we scored possessing the ball?  

Opposing teams score plenty and often. 

I watch garbage I watch a struggling weak armed QB and a clueless coaching staff and an unprepared team week after week. 

13 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Who are we kidding here the Jets last 8 first round picks have been defensive players. This is supposed to be a team that relies on the defense to win games no a bunch of free agent old offensive players we got on cheap trades. This defense is allowing over a 100 QB rating to every QB they have face so far. The secondary has to be the worst in the league and you want to know the funniest part? Todd Bowles was a secondary coach! If he cant have at least a well coached secondary then wtf is his purpose? To make terrible time management calls and stare off into space all game? Bowles got so lucky with that cupcake schedule last year bought himself another couple of years but no way he lasts not knowing how to coach up a secondary.

We have like no offensive points in two games. Unless they can perfect that Fitz fumble for a touchdown play then we should be focusing on Fitz.

They need to find the QB of the future. Start swapping them out until you work it out.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We have like no offensive points in two games. Unless they can perfect that Fitz fumble for a touchdown play then we should be focusing on Fitz.

They need to find the QB of the future. Start swapping them out until you work it out.

Exactly 

The defense hasn't played great, but it is not the real problem of the team. Put in an offense that puts up points and when the other team gets desperate to catch up watch the DL pin their ears back and force sacks and turnovers. 

Not impressed still with our inability to stop the WR screen or TEs, but the biggest problem is our offense. Show me another team that is giving up 3+ turnovers a game and still wins. There aren't many.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Combine an offense that cant stop turning it over with a defense that requires an act of god to force one...

That was a good one. I was thinking that the defense hasn't really forced many turnovers lately. But, to be fair, it's really hard if you aren't within yards of receivers when they catch passes.

57 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Pittsburgh and Arizona are going to feast on us with Fitzpatrick at QB. 

Pittsburg scares me, Az is in trouble.  They're playing so badly, don't think they can feast on anyone right now 

It's the NFL. On any given Sunday.

So, I'm not really afraid of any team.

Given how poorly the Jets played yesterday, it was still on 17-10 at one point deep in the game. then, sadly, a critical turnover occurred.

I'm so sick of hearing "murderers row" schedule. The Jets have mostly beaten themselves.

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Only jets fans would say those 3 guys are the best.  

Yeah, I think it's a collective problem that is diminishing Mo and Williams skills. 

1. The quick screens they seem to have no answer for 

2. They have a slow, lazy 300 lb outside edge rush who is completely lost.

now, given that, that said, completely lost 300 lb edge rusher is also, in fact, a pro bowl caliber DT I have to then, in turn, question what the FO is doing. 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Yeah, I think it's a collective problem that is diminishing Mo and Williams skills. 

1. The quick screens they seem to have no answer for 

2. They have a slow, lazy 300 lb outside edge rush who is completely lost.

now, given that, that said, completely lost 300 lb edge rusher is also, in fact, a pro bowl caliber DT I have to then, in turn, question what the FO is doing. 

They are forced to play the 4-3 because Mauldin is the slowest player on the field.

Just now, Matt39 said:

They are forced to play the 4-3 because Mauldin is the slowest player on the field.

Whatever formation you want to call it, Richardson should not be lined up outside the OT. We knew Maldin wasn't gonna pop off the line. Not the slowest guy though. He's still finding his way a bit sounds more fair to say. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Whatever formation you want to call it, Richardson should not be lined up outside the OT. We knew Maldin wasn't gonna pop off the line. Not the slowest guy though. He's still finding his way a bit sounds more fair to say. 

I agree with you. but they're doing that because Richardson is our best athlete on the DL and at 300lbs is a better athlete than Mauldin- who will be gone after the season.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Maudlin doesnt force them to do anything because he doesnt play. His in the game 3% of the time.  Like Henderson...yet, they both makes plays when they are in the game. 

This goes back to the Bowles favorites thing.  How have you not seen enough of Harris trying to cover and Richardson trying to play OLB?

Just now, JiF said:

Maudlin doesnt force them to do anything because he doesnt play. His in the game 3% of the time.  Like Henderson...yet, they both makes plays when they are in the game. 

This goes back to the Bowles favorites thing.  How have you not seen enough of Harris trying to cover and Richardson trying to play OLB?

Poor Coples, he was asked to do the same thing with the same results. But he was run out of town because of it.

Just now, JiF said:

of course I have....but they're doing it because the personnel sucks. Richardson's their best athlete on the DL, including the edge guys. The idea was fpr Mauldin to be the edge guy but.... Maybe if Maccagnan knew he shouldnt draft edge players who run the 3 cone like they have pianos on their backs, we wouldnt be talking about this. Richardson on the edge is out of necessity. Harris is playing because his contract is massive.

Archived