4th Q observation yesterday

section314

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I sat in the coaches club yesterday and I watched Geno a lot. Was really disappointed in him.

Walking off the field with the towel on his head, just tuning out the world. I really wanted to see him mature this year and wait for his opportunity. Because based on Fitz's performance, that opportunity is coming. Let's just hope the opportunity gets handed to Petty because this season is quickly becoming more about next season and beyond.

How could you be disappointed?  You think he doesn't know what most Jet fans think of him? He is hated and reviled by this fan base and is probably just counting the days until the season is over so he can try and revive his career somewhere else, because it obvious it is over as a Jet.   I mean his HC has absolutely NO confidence in him, I really don't know what folks expect of him at this point.   I seriously doubt Bowles benches Fitz because I am sure he will bounce back to being simply mediocre instead horrible.   He will play unless he gets hurt.   

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, phill1c said:

I think you've added quite a bit to the question that was asked. I think the REAL cancer is the guy throwing picks like grass seed.

He's obviously not a cancer if everyone is willing to follow him - that shows a leader - leaders don't always do well all the time... jets fans are just super impatient. He's either going to continue to suck or break out of the slump and we will see what we saw last year. I know what we going to see with Geno and it's pretty much what we seeing with Fitz now - that's his ceiling.... Fitz has a much higher ceiling than Geno 

2 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

He's obviously not a cancer if everyone is willing to follow him - that shows a leader - leaders don't always do well all the time... jets fans are just super impatient. He's either going to continue to suck or break out of the slump and we will see what we saw last year. I know what we going to see with Geno and it's pretty much what we seeing with Fitz now - that's his ceiling.... Fitz has a much higher ceiling than Geno 

That gets you nowhere in the NFL 6 teams in 12 years enough said. 

FITZ IS DONE 

1 minute ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Marshall defending his starter. Nothing more.

"leaders don't always do well all the time..."

Oh god, another FitzCrazy is on the loose.

lol "Fitz has a much higher ceiling than Geno "

At this point, the ceiling is not really the issue. The floor is...

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There is going to be a lot of bitterness in here if the jets continue to struggle because I firmly believe they will not go to petty or geno or anyone until they are mathematically eliminated and then some.  Teams that have decided one guy is their guy are stubborn as well.

Stubborn coaches get fired.  Just a thought. 

1 minute ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

The problem is this isn't last year and we don't get to sneak on anybody, there is plenty of film on Fitzpatrick and tendencies with this team plus the caliber of teams this year is much higher.  I mean, Seattle and Pittsburgh alone, is light years better than any team we played last year outside of NE. 

3 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Well.. that would just be idiotic then, wouldn't it? How is giving Fitz a one year deal a mandate for starting him for the entirety of the season? The Jets need to face the facts - The only QBs on contract in 2017 are Petty and Hackenberg. You cannot go through a losing 2016 and not see what at least one of them is about in live game action.

Yes it would be idiotic, get ready for it.  QB's are a while different breed when it comes to replacing them.  With Qb's teams would rather do the wrong thing and look stupid than admit they made a mistake.  Get ready for it, and the jets are not the only team that does this.  Watch Arizona, they are going to toss away a possible super bowl calibre team this year by sticking with Palmer who looks about as good as fitz this year.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Marshall defending his starter. Nothing more.

"leaders don't always do well all the time..."

Oh god, another FitzCrazy is on the loose.

lol "Fitz has a much higher ceiling than Geno "

At this point, the ceiling is not really the issue. The floor is...

Geno's floor may be even lower than fitz, we have seen what he can do... maybe you guys forgot... i kinda want geno to start so he can get booed off the field... and i can tell all you geno lovers i told you so 

3 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Geno's floor may be even lower than fitz, we have seen what he can do... maybe you guys forgot... i kinda want geno to start so he can get booed off the field... and i can tell all you geno lovers i told you so 

Fair enough because all the Fitz lovers are being shown the truth as expected by those of us who want anyone but FitzMagic as the QB of this team 

Just now, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Sure you're right...

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Fair enough because all the Fitz lovers are being shown the truth as expected by those of us who want anyone but FitzMagic as the QB of this team 

I just like Fitz over what else we have - that doesn't make me a fitz lover. I don't think he's ever going to be more than a mediocre QB... BUT right now he's our best talent on the roster, unless Petty heals up and the Jets feel like giving him a shot. 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes it would be idiotic, get ready for it.  QB's are a while different breed when it comes to replacing them.  With Qb's teams would rather do the wrong thing and look stupid than admit they made a mistake.  Get ready for it, and the jets are not the only team that does this.  Watch Arizona, they are going to toss away a possible super bowl calibre team this year by sticking with Palmer who looks about as good as fitz this year.

At least he has more a resume but I agree about the stubborn part.  

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

The problem is this isn't last year and we don't get to sneak on anybody, there is plenty of film on Fitzpatrick and tendencies with this team plus the caliber of teams this year is much higher.  I mean, Seattle and Pittsburgh alone, is light years better than any team we played last year outside of NE. 

Wait so all those Jets records Fitz broke were against bad teams.

2 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I just like Fitz over what else we have - that doesn't make me a fitz lover. I don't think he's ever going to be more than a mediocre QB... BUT right now he's our best talent on the roster, unless Petty heals up and the Jets feel like giving him a shot. 

He sucks flat out sucks always has always will 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He simply did not suck last year, that is the whole issue, if he did suck then the jets would not have the 'fitz problem' now.  He played great most of the year and the team loved him.

He played the easiest schedule in the league any fool saw this it was fun yes we cheered we gloated when the smoke cleared we played nobody worthy only beat 2 teams with winning records. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He played the easiest schedule in the league any fool saw this it was fun yes we cheered we gloated when the smoke cleared we played nobody worthy only beat 2 teams with winning records. 

We know all the details, he played great simple as that.  One can say 'I knew he would fold this year' and I have no problem with that.  People that say he was lousy last year and hot very very good are out to lunch.  You beat who is in front of you.

22 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

It took him 11 seasons to win as many games as Geno did in his rookie season. Yet you all know what Geno can do but for some strange reason you think Fitz has upside.

11+ years of overwhelming evidence of what Fitz can do against against %500 teams  - yet he has upside and is our best chance :o

2+ years of evidence from Geno and the haters have seen all they need

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you blame him?  Macc and Bowles have alienated him from the day Fitzpatrick re-signed. 

Yes; He is currently the #2 QB. It is his job to be ready and willing to step in if needed.

3 hours ago, section314 said:

Not being critical of Geno, actually feel bad for the guy. If he is that so far out on an island, the Team is doing him an injustice.Just don't get it.

Really; the team owes it to Geno. Geno is there in case Fitz goes down. Sucky, maybe, but I bet there a 10 guys who would kill to be in that position. I wish the Jets would pay me the injustice (and salary) that he is getting. He is a FA, and will be free to sign with whomever is willing to sign him.

I tell you this; it isn't the Jet's fault he slipped to the 2nd round. It isn't the Jet's fault he had the bad wrap (apparently texting on an interview call), it isn't the Jet's fault that he got into a fight with a player over $600 (not that Geno deserved it). The injustice that the Jets gave him was that they picked him in the 2nd round; paid him, trained him, and gave him a shot.

Now, neither Mac nor Bowles likes him - that sucks for him. But the team doesn't trust him, but is holding on to him in case Fitz gets hurt. It may suck, but it is what it is. He will be free next year.

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yes; He is currently the #2 QB. It is his job to be ready and willing to step in if needed.

Really; the team owes it to Geno. Geno is there in case Fitz goes down. Sucky, maybe, but I bet there a 10 guys who would kill to be in that position. I wish the Jets would pay me the injustice (and salary) that he is getting. He is a FA, and will be free to sign with whomever is willing to sign him.

I tell you this; it isn't the Jet's fault he slipped to the 2nd round. It isn't the Jet's fault he had the bad wrap (apparently texting on an interview call), it isn't the Jet's fault that he got into a fight with a player over $600 (not that Geno deserved it). The injustice that the Jets gave him was that they picked him in the 2nd round; paid him, trained him, and gave him a shot.

Now, neither Mac nor Bowles likes him - that sucks for him. But the team doesn't trust him, but is holding on to him in case Fitz gets hurt. It may suck, but it is what it is. He will be free next year.

FREE GENO 

Image result for banner plane pics

3 hours ago, section314 said:

With about 10 mins left in the game, I put the binoculars on the Jets sideline. Walking around behind the guys standing near the sidelines was Geno, wearing a white towel over his head, no headphones on, basically wandering around by himself. Hackenberg , obviously not suited up, was standing next to one of the coaches, headset on and clipboard in hand. Could not find Petty. Was a strange thing to watch. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world but there. Literally looked like he is not part of this team. Have never seen the backup QB not right near the coach unless he is warming up. Even for the Jets, that was weird.

If they don't like him ,RELEASE HIS GODDAMN ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, JiF said:

The entire team was checked out in the 4th quarter.

If the OP is correct, Hack wasn't checked out.

I guess if there's one guy I'd like to have paying attention because he cares about being a good football player, he's the one I'd like it to be.

3 minutes ago, no psls said:

If they don't like him ,RELEASE HIS GODDAMN ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is simple; the FO thinks Fitz >>> Geno and at this point either do to his injury or experience they think Geno >> Petty. Why is this hard for people to get. Apparently even as bad as Fitz has been these last 2 weeks the still think Fitz >>> Geno. Why should a business release him? Even if he was a great guy and the best teammate they wouldn't hurt the team and let him go.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Max he's scorned and being treated badly here.  No one wishes that on anyone. If the Jets had no plans for him they should have released him. As they were held hostage by the Fitzpatrick holdout they are doing the same thing to Geno Smith. No one knows whats going through this kids head he was a good college QB with good statistics to prove it. 

Tim Tebow was good in college also . That proves nothing . Geno is nothing but insurance , but the GEICO mascot would be a better back-up than him ...

download.jpg

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If the OP is correct, Hack wasn't checked out.

I guess if there's one guy I'd like to have paying attention because he cares about being a good football player, he's the one I'd like it to be.

Agreed and he's getting a great lesson on what not to do as an NFL QB.

4 hours ago, section314 said:

With about 10 mins left in the game, I put the binoculars on the Jets sideline. Walking around behind the guys standing near the sidelines was Geno, wearing a white towel over his head, no headphones on, basically wandering around by himself. Hackenberg , obviously not suited up, was standing next to one of the coaches, headset on and clipboard in hand. Could not find Petty. Was a strange thing to watch. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world but there. Literally looked like he is not part of this team. Have never seen the backup QB not right near the coach unless he is warming up. Even for the Jets, that was weird.

my dad pointed it out 2 years ago, he never talks to anyone, never looks at the QB pictures, nothing, just skulks around

Archived