4th Q observation yesterday

section314

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's ridiculous how much this fan base hates this guy...It's entirely irrational.  This is a new one to me - calling Geno a bad guy because he's walking on the sideline.

Again, this post was not started to say Geno is a bad guy, but to lament how far this relationship between this player and team has gone south.

Just now, section314 said:

Again, this post was not started to say Geno is a bad guy, but to lament how far this relationship between this player and team has gone south.

Fair enough.  I agree - to me that's on the HC.  Kerley and Amaro seem to have gotten the same treatment from Bowles too (no evidence of that but it sure felt that way)

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Fair enough.  I agree - to me that's on the HC.  Kerley and Amaro seem to have gotten the same treatment from Bowles too (no evidence of that but it sure felt that way)

Good points. The one thing none of us can ever know is what any of the players are like in practice, meetings etc. These coaches see everything, or almost everything, and probably could list lots of things about why they act the way they do to certain guys. At least I hope so.:D

My best Jets story that was never publicized:  I, along with my father and about another 150 or so Jets fans, know why Santonio was benched to start the 2010 AFCCG in Pittsburgh.

We were lined up along the side of the team's downtown hotel where the team buses were idling about 3 hours or so before kickoff. 

Up pulls this older, crappy little white sedan in front of the first bus with a skinny black girl driving (unknown who she was)... out pops Santonio Holmes from the passenger seat with his eyes bloodshot red. The guy went AWOL hours before the AFCCG with that girl, whomever she was, when the team was minutes from boarding the buses to Heinz Field.

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

My best Jets story that was never publicized:  I, along with my father and about another 150 or so Jets fans, know why Santonio was benched to start the 2010 AFCCG in Pittsburgh.

We were lined up along the side of the team's downtown hotel where the team buses were idling about 3 hours or so before kickoff. 

Up pulls this older, crappy little white sedan in front of the first bus with a skinny black girl driving (unknown who she was)... out pops Santonio Holmes from the passenger seat with his eyes bloodshot red. The guy went AWOL hours before the AFCCG with that girl, whomever she was, when the team was minutes from boarding the buses to Heinz Field.

Edit nevermind

28 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I am SPECULATING that the relationship between the starter and the backup isn't all that great.

And I believe that it must be really difficult to endure the level of personal attacks Smith has had to endure, with NO SHOT at actually playing. I mean, I KNOW I'M SPECULATING, but imagine what he has to hear at the game, you know, when fans are liquored up their PC filter (barely existent) is diminished. It's probably very ugly.

Cant imagine what he hears. 

Could you imagine being told you're not better than someone who has 9 picks and 2 fumbles in the last 2 games?  Or you're worse than the worst?  I'd probably be a little upset. Especially when he was the good soldier doing everything he needed to do this offseason while Fitz was getting fat and playing golf. 

B Marshall dog piling him with his "Fitz sinking ship" routine isn't helping him either...

I think we are witnessing dysfunction. It's just Bowles does a better job of disguising it than Rex did with his circus clown approach.

In 2 weeks if we are sitting at 1-5, I can see the wheels coming off...

4 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

B Marshall dog piling him with his "Fitz sinking ship" routine isn't helping him either...

I think we are witnessing dysfunction. It's just Bowles does a better job of disguising it than Rex did with his circus clown approach.

In 2 weeks if we are sitting at 1-5, I can see the wheels coming off...

The wheels are wobbling as we speak 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He has really been treated poorly by this franchise and fan base.

I hope once Petty is healthy they release the kid and let him move on.  The Jets clearly didn't want to give him a shot with a roster that is capable of allowing him to compete.  

He's basically int he same position RG III was in with WAS last year... If he plays and gets injured they are on the hook for his option year; if he plays enough to hit incentives and escalators that could become really expensive

5 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

He's basically int he same position RG III was in with WAS last year... If he plays and gets injured they are on the hook for his option year; if he plays enough to hit incentives and escalators that could become really expensive

geno has an option year? I thought this was it.

Bottom line - Geno should have been cut before the season started - let him go to another team with a clean slate. This team does not respect him or want him starting. Me personally, I'd rather see Petty in there when he's healthy... i have zero faith in geno. Fitz is one of those Hot/Cold type players... he's in a slump. When you got star players saying they'd go "down with the ship" than say something like whoever starts bla bla bla... you know there's an issue. 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's just hope the opportunity gets handed to Petty because this season is quickly becoming more about next season and beyond.

I said before the Seattle game - if the Jets are below .500 by game 8 (and it sure looks like they will be) it will be time to hand the reigns over to Petty to see what we really have in him.

I say Petty because we already know Geno is not the answer and Petty showed the most upside of all 4 QB's prior to the start of the regular season.

Short of the Jets stringing up 9 or 10 straight wins - this season is a wash.

Lets at least see if Petty can be the answer at QB - or not, and at least we'll know how to attack the off-season if nothing else.

4 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I said before the Seattle game - if the Jets are below .500 by game 8 (and it sure looks like they will be) it will be time to hand the reigns over to Petty to see what we really have in him.

I say Petty because we already know Geno is not the answer and Petty showed the most upside of all 4 QB's prior to the start of the regular season.

Short of the Jets stringing up 9 or 10 straight wins - this season is a wash.

Lets at least see if Petty can be the answer at QB - or not, and at least we'll know how to attack the off-season if nothing else.

Fitzpatrick had his 4 give Geno 4 Petty 4 and Hack 4 play the best QB last game of the season and cut the bums the day after the season ends if we keep 2 fine if we cut them all fine. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick had his 4 give Geno 4 Petty 4 and Hack 4 play the best QB last game of the season and cut the bums the day after the season ends if we keep 2 fine if we cut them all fine. 

I'd be o.k. with that too as long as we get this QB clusterfuke sorted out.

For the record, I have ZERO faith in Fitzpatrick.

26 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Bottom line - Geno should have been cut before the season started - let him go to another team with a clean slate. This team does not respect him or want him starting. Me personally, I'd rather see Petty in there when he's healthy... i have zero faith in geno. Fitz is one of those Hot/Cold type players... he's in a slump. When you got star players saying they'd go "down with the ship" than say something like whoever starts bla bla bla... you know there's an issue. 

Things might have been different if Petty did not get hurt in that last game.  Since Hackenburg is totally not remotely ready to play at all, they could not go into the season with Hack as the back up for few games.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Things might have been different if Petty did not get hurt in that last game.  Since Hackenburg is totally not remotely ready to play at all, they could not go into the season with Hack as the back up for few games.

Honestly woulda cut geno and signed another guy as a backup.... the locker room hates him/no respect.... i mean how many QBs have you heard of getting into a fight in the locker room and it not being immediately broken up if it even got to that 

There is going to be a lot of bitterness in here if the jets continue to struggle because I firmly believe they will not go to petty or geno or anyone until they are mathematically eliminated and then some.  Teams that have decided one guy is their guy are stubborn as well.

2 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Honestly woulda cut geno and signed another guy as a backup.... the locker room hates him/no respect.... i mean how many QBs have you heard of getting into a fight in the locker room and it not being immediately broken up if it even got to that 

There was no fight it was a 1 punch ordeal the organization cut the guilty party who has a history of violence. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

There was no fight it was a 1 punch ordeal the organization cut the guilty party who has a history of violence. 

A loud exchange of words led up to that punch - once the exchange started, the veterans/leaders of that locker room would have stepped in (knowing there was a chance he'd get hit) - common sense... reality is they didn't give a sh*t 

A loud exchange of words led up to that punch - once the exchange started, the veterans/leaders of that locker room would have stepped in (knowing there was a chance he'd get hit) - common sense... reality is they didn't give a sh*t 

Where are they now Marshall,Decker and Mangold hows that QB they supported doing for the team.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Is that the new NFL 17 game schedule :lol:

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Where are they now Marshall,Decker and Mangold hows that QB they supported doing for the team.

One of them has claimed to be going down with No. 14. The other is injured AGAIN. And the third, he's earning himself another ProBowl berth.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

One of them has claimed to be going down with No. 14. The other is injured AGAIN. And the third, he's earning himself another ProBowl berth.

when guys say they'd rather go down with ship than play with another QB - you know that other QB is a cancer and needs to go 

when guys say they'd rather go down with ship than play with another QB - you know that other QB is a cancer and needs to go 

I think you've added quite a bit OF YOUR OWN AGENDA to the question that was asked. I think the REAL cancer is the guy throwing picks like grass seed.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There is going to be a lot of bitterness in here if the jets continue to struggle because I firmly believe they will not go to petty or geno or anyone until they are mathematically eliminated and then some.  Teams that have decided one guy is their guy are stubborn as well.

Well.. that would just be idiotic then, wouldn't it? How is giving Fitz a one year deal a mandate for starting him for the entirety of the season? The Jets need to face the facts - The only QBs on contract in 2017 are Petty and Hackenberg. You cannot go through a losing 2016 and not see what at least one of them is about in live game action.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I think you've added quite a bit to the question that was asked. I think the REAL cancer is the guy throwing picks like grass seed.

Fitzpatrick never latched on with any team if he was that much of a great teammate and player why is this his 6th team in 12 years in the NFL 

Archived