Yesterdays game brought back memories

Jetster

I don't know what year it was but the San Fancisco 49ers came to Giants stadium. I believe it was after they had won there Super Bowls, but they were still very good, still had Montana, Roger Craig, Rice.

I was thinking about how long ago that was and how in all of those years nothing really has changed. The stadium had 1000s of Niner fans there, front runners all of them. Same situation Sunday, a past Super Bowl team, from the West shows up with 1000s of their fans for a 1:00 game, traveling 3000 miles, Wilson banged up, and a bad Oline, (Niners were a much more complete team still), but my point is the game itself & how it served to shove a big handful of sh*t right in the face of hardcore Jet fans. 

Reading these threads are sad really. And true Jet fans don't deserve this kind of misery. The Niners many years ago & the Seahawks yesterday strolled into the Jets yard and toyed with them. They pushed them around, they both coasted to wins without breaking a sweat. They showed us just how far this organization is from being relevant today, and how we've never ever been the bully on the block since the sack exchange. We're a lot closer to the Cleveland Browns than we are to the top teams in the league except we don't have as many draft picks to work with. 

When you really think about it Roger Goodell taking the draft out of NY has made us completely irrelevant in the NFL. At least we reminded other fans we still existed with our cool little chant during the draft. ESPN would show those funny clips of fans calling for Marino & Sapp. We always could laugh at ourselves. It just doesn't seem funny anymore, or fun at all. Here we are again with a secondary coach & the worst secondary in the NFL only being ahead the Saints (chosen as the worst defense in history last year). Our future QB (we're all praying), Petty is hurt & can't play, Our rookie 2nd rounder isn't close to being ready. Our HOF CB, back after winning a Super Bowl with our arch rivals is a shell of himself being paid like a QB. Our middle LB is shot. Our WRs are playing hurt & aging. Our 1st round safety can't run without falling (he's frigging Maggie Simpson out there). And our Dline with 3 first round picks can't get to the QB over the last 3 games.

I don't think I've ever been more disgusted & disappointed watching this team. I'm sure next Sunday will remind me of Tim Brown & the Raiders abusing a rookie CB (Vance Joseph? Can't remember his name?) when Revis sits with a hammy & Antonio Brown torches his replacements. The more things change the more they stay the same with this organization. Kind of funny that their last names are both Brown.

Coincidence? I'm sorry, nothing is funny with this team anymore....just sad & depressing.

I was at a Jets/Niners game around 91 or 92... and was there for yesterday's sh*t show. Agreed.

As far as the other logic regarding Goodall moving the draft and all that, I'm not sure I follow - but cheer up -  Antonio Brown will make whatever CB the Jets have covering him - Revis or otherwise - look like Vance Joseph circa SNF 1995 vs the Raidahs

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I don't know what year it was but the San Fancisco 49ers came to Giants stadium. I believe it was after they had won there Super Bowls, but they were still very good, still had Montana, Roger Craig, Rice.

I was thinking about how long ago that was and how in all of those years nothing really has changed. The stadium had 1000s of Niner fans there, front runners all of them. Same situation Sunday, a past Super Bowl team, from the West shows up with 1000s of their fans for a 1:00 game, traveling 3000 miles, Wilson banged up, and a bad Oline, (Niners were a much more complete team still), but my point is the game itself & how it served to shove a big handful of sh*t right in the face of hardcore Jet fans. 

Reading these threads are sad really. And true Jet fans don't deserve this kind of misery. The Niners many years ago & the Seahawks yesterday strolled into the Jets yard and toyed with them. They pushed them around, they both coasted to wins without breaking a sweat. They showed us just how far this organization is from being relevant today, and how we've never ever been the bully on the block since the sack exchange. We're a lot closer to the Cleveland Browns than we are to the top teams in the league except we don't have as many draft picks to work with. 

When you really think about it Roger Goodell taking the draft out of NY has made us completely irrelevant in the NFL. At least we reminded other fans we still existed with our cool little chant during the draft. ESPN would show those funny clips of fans calling for Marino & Sapp. We always could laugh at ourselves. It just doesn't seem funny anymore, or fun at all. Here we are again with a secondary coach & the worst secondary in the NFL only being ahead the Saints (chosen as the worst defense in history last year). Our future QB (we're all praying), Petty is hurt & can't play, Our rookie 2nd rounder isn't close to being ready. Our HOF CB, back after winning a Super Bowl with our arch rivals is a shell of himself being paid like a QB. Our middle LB is shot. Our WRs are playing hurt & aging. Our 1st round safety can't run without falling (he's frigging Maggie Simpson out there). And our Dline with 3 first round picks can't get to the QB over the last 3 games.

I don't think I've ever been more disgusted & disappointed watching this team. I'm sure next Sunday will remind me of Tim Brown & the Raiders abusing a rookie CB (Vance Joseph? Can't remember his name?) when Revis sits with a hammy & Antonio Brown torches his replacements. The more things change the more they stay the same with this organization. Kind of funny that their last names are both Brown.

Coincidence? I'm sorry, nothing is funny with this team anymore....just sad & depressing.

Vance Joseph is the player that was abused by Tim Brown.  He is now the Dolphins Defensive Coordinator.

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

If we were friends in real life and I had nothing but time and money with zero responsibilities tomorrow, I'd go to the nearest liquor store, buy the best tequila I could find, head over to your place, give you a hug and slam shots all night til we both threw up. 

17 hours ago, Jetster said:

Trust me those fans did not travel 3000 miles. Those are all bandwagon local Seahawk fans who get a chance to see their team live. NYC is also an international city so we are always going to have people living here from other places in the country.

17 hours ago, Jetster said:

Solid post. 

20 hours ago, Jetster said:

1989, Montana was actually hurt in that game as was Steve Young.  The QB that day was Steve Bono but we were awful, it was the last year of the Joe Walton era and that may have been the best SF team they ever had so it was a mismatch.  Sunday vs. Seattle wasn't a mismatch, we were just outcoached.

20 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I was at a Jets/Niners game around 91 or 92... and was there for yesterday's sh*t show. Agreed.

As far as the other logic regarding Goodall moving the draft and all that, I'm not sure I follow - but cheer up -  Antonio Brown will make whatever CB the Jets have covering him - Revis or otherwise - look like Vance Joseph circa SNF 1995 vs the Raidahs

they also beat us at home in 1992.  I believe it was week 3 and our home opener, that one Steve Young killed us.  we scored some garbage time points to make the game look closer than it was.

Archived