Presnap Reads are Fitz' Real Issue

House Jet

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, August said:

I just love to see people expose their hypocrisy and double standards. Fitzpatrick is getting passes for things previous QB's (Sanchez and Geno) got killed for. 

If you would have stopped at 'other QBs' your post would have held some water perhaps.  Then the agenda came out.

2 hours ago, August said:

I just love to see people expose their hypocrisy and double standards. Fitzpatrick is getting passes for things previous QB's (Sanchez and Geno) got killed for. 

Nope.  Two things going on:

1.  Fitzpatrick is actually playing the same as he did last year, just against stronger competition, and there are other areas of the team that were supposed to carry us this year who aren't.

2.  If Fitzpatrick were a 23 year old high draft pick whose destiny was to be our franchise quarterback we'd be very unhappy over his performance and all that we have invested in him.  But Fitzpatrick is known, old, and cheap and so it's not on him.

SAR I

46 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Fitz's problem is presnap, post snap, between plays, sideline while defense is on the field. The guy has a sh*t arm, sh*t accuracy, sh*t decision making, sh*t everything. Only thing he does well is grow a beard.

We all feel that way about Fitzpatrick.  You're preaching to the choir and missing what's important:

Had Geno Smith done what he was supposed to and stepped up and beat out this s*itshow quarterback we wouldn't be in this mess.  Fitzpatrick being Fitzpatrick isn't the problem.  Geno Smith's incompetence is.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

1.  Fitzpatrick is actually playing the same as he did last year, just against stronger competition, and there are other areas of the team that were supposed to carry us this year who aren't.

2.  If Fitzpatrick were a 23 year old high draft pick whose destiny was to be our franchise quarterback we'd be very unhappy over his performance and all that we have invested in him.  But Fitzpatrick is known, old, and cheap and so it's not on him.

SAR I

Are you serious?  So who is it on then?  He is the quarterback and the leader of the team.  When the team wins, he gets a lot of the credit and when they lose  "it's not on him"?   Wow.... just wow. 

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We all feel that way about Fitzpatrick.  You're preaching to the choir and missing what's important:

Had Geno Smith done what he was supposed to and stepped up and beat out this s*itshow quarterback we wouldn't be in this mess.  Fitzpatrick being Fitzpatrick isn't the problem.  Geno Smith's incompetence is.

SAR I

it is unfortunately a chain of events.  farve goes, enter the sanchize.  sanchez sucks, draft geno.   geno sucks, trade for a stop-gap vet and groom 2 qbs.  

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Are you serious?  So who is it on then?  He is the quarterback and the leader of the team.  When the team wins, he gets a lot of the credit and when they lose  "it's not on him"?   Wow.... just wow. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is playing like Ryan Fitzpatrick.  He's about to turn 34, he's on his 6th team in 11 years.  Nothing said he was going to turn into Joe Montana this year except some wishful thinking Jets fans hitting the sauce too hard.  He is playing at his level.  I give him a B for his performance so far.

But the defense?  The secondary in particular?  Our offensive line?  The running game?  Our coaching?  D's and F's.  You see, they have the ability to be better, not so Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it is unfortunately a chain of events.  farve goes, enter the sanchize.  sanchez sucks, draft geno.   geno sucks, trade for a stop-gap vet and groom 2 qbs.  

Exactly right.  We are on an endless cycle where we draft a bust, wait too long to move on, and then grab an old free agent who has success.  Then we think we are a win-now team and then he sucks too, so we go out again and draft another bust.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is playing like Ryan Fitzpatrick.  He's about to turn 34, he's on his 6th team in 11 years.  Nothing said he was going to turn into Joe Montana this year except some wishful thinking Jets fans hitting the sauce too hard.  He is playing at his level.  I give him a B for his performance so far.

But the defense?  The secondary in particular?  Our offensive line?  The running game?  Our coaching?  D's and F's.  You see, they have the ability to be better, not so Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

Who said anything about Joe Montana?  I wish you would stop with your straw man arguments.   So everyone one else is accountable and Fitz  is not? For you to give him a B for his performance tells me all I need to know.  No point in going back and forth on this. I am sure even the most stubborn of Fitz supporters recognize that his performance so far as been at best C -, and at worst D and I am being kind.   Maybe you expected him to be this bad but I am sure Bowles and Macc did not.  

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Nah you can save the excuses. 

10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Who said anything about Joe Montana?  I wish you would stop with your straw man arguments.   So everyone one else is accountable and Fitz  is not? For you to give him a B for his performance tells me all I need to know.  No point in going back and forth on this. I am sure even the most stubborn of Fitz supporters recognize that his performance so far as been at best C -, and at worst D and I am being kind.   Maybe you expected him to be this bad but I am sure Bowles and Macc did not.  

Let me explain because I think you misunderstand.

First, I am not a Ryan Fitzpatrick fan.  I don't want him on the team.  In fact, I don't think there are any Ryan Fitzpatrick fans.  I've never seen a Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey being worn by a fan, I think everyone knows he's a journeyman doing us a favor as a band aid until we find a long term solution.

So here's what you need to understand:  34 year old journeyman players on their 6th team in 11 years are only capable of playing up to their level.  NFL quarterbacks to not age gracefully, they do not improve after age 27, the mistakes Ryan Fitzpatrick made on his second, third, fourth, and fifth teams are still the mistakes he's making today, he is good for 20 of 35 225 YDS 1 TD 1 INT per game against a weak team and 16 of 40 225 YDS 1 TD 3 INT per game against an elite team.  That's who Ryan Fitzpatrick is.  That's what we have signed up for this season.

If you are hungry and you waited on line at the lunch truck and chose a tuna fish sandwich, you do not blame the lunch truck guy because it isn't roast turkey.  You blame yourself for choosing the wrong sandwich.  The only people who should be upset with Ryan Fitzpatrick's level of play are those who thought he was going to improve which is an incredibly stupid thing to think.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, August said:

Nah you can save the excuses. 

For once you're right.  Let's skip the excuses and get down to the facts:

The reason the 2016 New York Jets are headed nowhere is because Geno Smith is a bust.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Let me explain because I think you misunderstand.

First, I am not a Ryan Fitzpatrick fan.  I don't want him on the team.  In fact, I don't think there are any Ryan Fitzpatrick fans.  I've never seen a Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey being worn by a fan, I think everyone knows he's a journeyman doing us a favor as a band aid until we find a long term solution.

So here's what you need to understand:  34 year old journeyman players on their 6th team in 11 years are only capable of playing up to their level.  NFL quarterbacks to not age gracefully, they do not improve after age 27, the mistakes Ryan Fitzpatrick made on his second, third, fourth, and fifth teams are still the mistakes he's making today, he is good for 20 of 35 225 YDS 1 TD 1 INT per game against a weak team and 16 of 40 225 YDS 1 TD 3 INT per game against an elite team.  That's who Ryan Fitzpatrick is.  That's what we have signed up for this season.

If you are hungry and you waited on line at the lunch truck and chose a tuna fish sandwich, you do not blame the lunch truck guy because it isn't roast turkey.  You blame yourself for choosing the wrong sandwich.

SAR I

SAR, I am very clear on Fitz and that is why I didn't want him resigned in the first place so you don't have to explain away his shortcomings.  Btw,there are plenty of quarterbacks who do improve past age 27.  Rich Gannon, Alex Smith, Matt Hasselback, Matt Schaub just to name a few.  Fitz has NEVER been as good as any of them, imho, last years "record setting" season notwithstanding. 

I was not expecting any great performances by Fitz but no one would have expected him to implode to this degree.  You talk about the defense in other threads and I agree with you wholeheartedly that the play of the defense is perhaps the biggest reason for our 1-3 start, just like it was a very big reason if not the biggest reason for our going 10-6 last year but somehow Fitz gets the credit for that.   

Sorry but you can't have it both ways.  

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the reason we've lost multiple games.  Time for this delusion of yours to go away.  He is not "serviceable" or "mediocre".  

He sucks.  Period.  

And he's costing us games.

SAR I

No. there is no worse than what Fitz is doing out there. There just isn't. If we're going to be losing games with epically poor QB play let's at least do it with a young guy who might gain something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Holy sh*t a B?? SAR your just trolling at this point lol

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Agreed.  Yet at the same time I'm assuming I'm the last person you would think of when you think, " shutdown corner."

You're a "moderator" so, somewhat similar roles. That said, you've allowed a lot of 'completions'

18 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Holy sh*t a B?? SAR your just trolling at this point lol

Of course he is.  

How can you say with a straight face that Geno is a worse option than what we've seen out of Fitzy this year?  It's incomprehensible.   

3 hours ago, August said:

So, you're not a new poster.

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

Of course he is.  

How can you say with a straight face that Geno is a worse option than what we've seen out of Fitzy this year?  It's incomprehensible.   

How do you know that Geno is a better option? What's it based on? Just that it can't get any worse? Blind faith? This is the Jets. It can always be worse. 

58 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I was not expecting any great performances by Fitz but no one would have expected him to implode to this degree.  You talk about the defense in other threads and I agree with you wholeheartedly that the play of the defense is perhaps the biggest reason for our 1-3 start, just like it was a very big reason if not the biggest reason for our going 10-6 last year but somehow Fitz gets the credit for that.   

Sorry but you can't have it both ways.  

You are overreacting to the Kansas City game which is an anomaly, it was an all around bad day.

In the Cincinnati game, Ryan Fitzpatrick had the game won with two minutes left before the defense let the Bengals march right down the field and beat us. 

In the Buffalo game, Ryan Fitzpatrick won the game for us, short week, 2 days rest, road team on a Thursday night, played his best game as a Jet,  was AFC Offensive Player of the Week.  Rather amazing accomplishment.

In the Seattle game, Ryan Fitzpatrick had us within 4 points with a gutsy drive to close out the half and against the NFL's best defense holding his running back under 30 yards he threw a pick which put the Seahawks on their own 39 yard line.  Our secondary allowed gimpy Russell Wilson to go 61 yards in 4 plays in 2 minutes to send us packing. 

Fitzpatrick played very well in our first two games and played pretty well in our last game.  I can argue quite easily that in those three games you just saw the same Ryan Fitzpatrick who won 5 games in a row last December, just against much harder competition.  So, again, I cannot say that he is "imploding".  What I can say is that we have a murderous early schedule and there is not much more our journeyman quarterback can do.  His interceptions outside of the Kansas City debacle didn't hurt us.  His offensive production is the only thing making us competitive.  He doesn't deserve a parade but he doesn't deserved to be kicked like a dog either.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Bold: he's really not though, last year his deviations up and down from average were less severe. This year, we've seen him play perfect, and we've seen him throw 6 INTs (regardless of whose fault they all were). Which means his swings are more severe. 

This doesn't make the statement "other areas of the team that were supposed to carry us aren't" false though.

That said, carry on with the angle, I'm enjoying the reactions.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

For once you're right.  Let's skip the excuses and get down to the facts:

The reason the 2016 New York Jets are headed nowhere is because Geno Smith is a bust.

SAR I

There it is. 

Exactly right. We got 4 servicable years out of Sanchez, we got nothing out of Geno. No amount of hyperbole, or weaponz, or hypothetical advanced stats is going to change the fact that he stinks. If he didn't stink, he would be playing, not Fitz. Blaming the coaching staff for "hating" him is delusional, and frankly pathetic, excuse-making that avoids the reality that Geno can't beat sh*tty old Fitz for the job. 

It has nothing to do with a face punch. Nothing to do with hate, or race (which has been implied heavily here in the past). It's because he sucks at teh footballs.

Sucks badly.

20 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Darrelle Revis is fat and slow.

Signing Darrelle Revis is a continuation of "Jets Syndrome."  Intelligent move by the Patriots to foist him off on you guys.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the reason we've lost multiple games.  Time for this delusion of yours to go away.  He is not "serviceable" or "mediocre".  

He sucks.  Period.  

And he's costing us games.

I give you the Kansas City game. (F)

He had the Bengals game won at the 2 minute warning. (B)

He was AFC Offensive Player of the Week at Buffalo. (A)

He played as best he could against the best secondary in the NFL and a running back held to 24 yards by Seattle. (C)

That looks like a B minus or a C plus to me, about what you should expect from a 34 year old journeyman quarterback on his 6th NFL team playing the most difficult six week schedule in the NFL.  Do you watch the games or just the highlights?  Do you consider the conversation between intelligent Jets insiders on message boards or just rely on Adam Schein soundbites?  Or are you so in love with your busted franchise quarterback that you need to take shots at the guy who is only on the roster because he couldn't get the job done?

SAR I

Just now, Maine Coon Cat said:

Signing Darrelle Revis is a continuation of "Jets Syndrome."  Intelligent move by the Patriots to foist him off on you guys.

Pats made him an equally competitive offer, he jilted you morons out of principle. 

19 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

You will find instances where any starting QB in the NFL makes bad pre-snap reads ,its part of the game.

Having said that , that aspect is probably the best attribute Fitz brings to the table.  He utilizes most of the time clock and will typically identify a favorable first read. Its his physical attributes(arm) that prevents him from being a better QB.  Its also a prime reason why he struggles with a hurry up offense , he needs to make sure his first read is correct. . When his first read is covered or he is forced to play uptempo (ie from behind) he cannot improvise because his arm lacks the strength to exploit a blown coverage or a freelance play by his receivers. But oh well the 2nd half of the season has a few weaker opponents, Fitz can snow the Jets front office one more time. Maybe they'll give him the 16M next year :puke:

TB12 is not part of that collection of "any starting QB in the NFL makes bad pre-snap reads."

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

How do you know that Geno is a better option? What's it based on? Just that it can't get any worse? Blind faith? This is the Jets. It can always be worse. 

It's based on reality.  I know the mythology is that Geno is the stupidest and worst person ever to play the position, but the truth is his last 2 regular season performances have been light years better than Fitzys typical game.  I'm not talking about the Bills outlier but the real Fitzpatrick.

I can't believe that anyone can still even question the fact that Fitzy would have been significantly worse than Geno on the 13' and 14' teams.  Fitz is already within 3 INT's of Genos total in 14' in 4 games!  

Hello?  Is this mic on?  

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Pats made him an equally competitive offer, he jilted you morons out of principle. 

I think you need to get back on your "Jets" medication soon. Patriots did not skip a beat without him. He was though instrumental in getting them to the Super Bowl.

BTW, how is he helping the Jets get to the Super Bowl?

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Bold: he's really not though, last year his deviations up and down from average were less severe. This year, we've seen him play perfect, and we've seen him throw 6 INTs (regardless of whose fault they all were). Which means his swings are more severe. 

This doesn't make the statement "other areas of the team that were supposed to carry us aren't" false though.

That said, carry on with the angle, I'm enjoying the reactions.

I like you better when you aren't patronizing me.  That said:

Look at the competition.  It's what makes the difference.  His deviations last year weren't severe because we only played two tough games and one of them was the Patriots upset, an anomaly in a positive way no different than the Chiefs game was an anomaly in a negative way.

Look at last year's Texans game and this year's Bengals or Seahawks games.  Same stat line.  Same result.  This Jets team (not just the quarterback) cannot beat elite teams.  Simple as that.

SAR I

Archived