Look at the Raiders

Gen X Jet

43 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Hired a retread but a guy who knew what he was doing.  Made a few good trades, drafted well, players playing at a high level.  Where did we go wrong?

/

They haven't really been playing that well, but have found ways to come away with the win.  ( little luck too) .  That bodes well for the season , as this team eventually going to start playing better on both sides of the ball.  

The return of Mario Edwards and Aldon Smith( if reinstated) with the continue maturation of their rookie players on defense should pay dividends down the road.

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

Hired a retread but a guy who knew what he was doing.  Made a few good trades, drafted well, players playing at a high level.  Where did we go wrong?

/

While I have some issues with Bowles, as stated in some of my previous posts, lets be fair Del Rio has a franchise QB and Bowles does not. 

We tried to rebuild a few years ago and after a 4-12 season we abandoned the rebuild and decided to retool in an attempt to be competitive. For the Raiders it took time, did they make mistakes? Yes. But they stuck with the plan and after years of (3-4 years) rebuilding they found some things that worked. We can't do that in NY the fans and media are too impatient. 

Give me a break about the Raiders. That sh*t franchise hasn't had a winning season since 2002. After nearly 15 years of drafting in the top 10 they actually drafted some quality players like Carr and Cooper. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. They may actually have a winning season this year, big whoop.

Archived