Geno back on twitter

AFJF

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

this sh!ts got you speaking in tongues!!! 

Fitz wasnt the "safe" choice this year, he was the only choice.  Especially with Petty hurt.  Could you imagine this place if Geno started the season 1-4 or 0-5?  as far as fans complaining about what we are paying Fitz to be a part of this sh!t show it is irrelevant to me, I dont write the checks.  I get it costs a couple mill on next years cap but nothing egregious.

That's just not true.  There were plenty of other options.  The Jets simply chose not to pursue them....

Aside from going with Geno, Petty or Hack (which are all options) there was RGIII, Kaep, multiple Fitz-like journeyman for much less and multiple other trade options (Bradford and others)...

It was absolutely the safe play - it almost assured the Jets wouldn't go to the playoffs but kept the media and fans mostly at bay.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

That's just not true.  There were plenty of other options.  The Jets simply chose not to pursue them....

Aside from going with Geno, Petty or Hack (which are all options) there was RGIII, Kaep, multiple Fitz-like journeyman for much less and multiple other trade options (Bradford and others)...

It was absolutely the safe play - it almost assured the Jets wouldn't go to the playoffs but kept the media and fans mostly at bay.

Exactly Foles was available along with many others who probably would have done better than Fitzpatrick is doing the guy is a joke of an NFL QB 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Geno--Sh!t

Petty-Hurt

Hack-Not even close to ready

Hindsight 20/20

I would have liked

RG III - Hurt

Kaep - rather go 4-12 than watch him kneel during the anthem

Bradford - not that I am rooting for it but he will be hurt 

Others again, I dont think there were any long term solutions out there.  

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

Geno--Sh!t

Petty-Hurt

Hack-Not even close to ready

Hindsight 20/20

I would have liked

RG III - Hurt

Kaep - rather go 4-12 than watch him kneel during the anthem

Bradford - not that I am rooting for it but he will be hurt 

Others again, I dont think there were any long term solutions out there.  

Didn't we draft a QB in the 2nd round????????

Last I heard he's bunkered down in the Jets QB grooming school thats 1 level below Jimmy Hoffa's burial site we have a huge success in grooming NFL QB's in case you didnt know that . 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Didn't we draft a QB in the 2nd round????????

Last I heard he's bunkered down in the Jets QB grooming school thats 1 level below Jimmy Hoffa's burial site we have a huge success in grooming NFL QB's in case you didnt know that . 

Yeah, and he isnt close to ready.  we arent throwing him out there to the wolves to get destroyed.  Some on this site say that is how we "ruined" Sanchez and Geno.

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

This coach has proven one thing in his 21 games as head coach, and that's that nobody will ever be held accountable for any of their actions that occur on the field. Cromartie did everything in his power to be benched last year, and Bowles kept him out for every snap of every game. The same Antonio Cromartie showed up to Indy this year and Chuck Pagano didn't even find him worthy for the bench, and instead decided to flat out cut him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is throwing interceptions at a rate not seen in 30 years and our couch openly SCOFFS at the suggestion that he'd even thought about benching him. If anyone on this team deserves to be held accountable and be cut, it's Todd Bowles.

While Bowles deserves a ton of crap for this year's disaster, if anything, playing Cro last year is looking to probably be the most misplaced of criticism he's gotten to date.  Granted he was far overpaid, but Cro's play in 2015 is still better than anyone in the Jets' secondary this year, including Revis.  Very sad, but oh so true.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Bench Fitz for who . Petty is hurt, Hack isn't close to being prepared for the NFL and Smith gets booed getting off the bus .  Who should be the QB ?

For Geno. Its not rocket science. 

Yeah, and he isnt close to ready.  we arent throwing him out there to the wolves to get destroyed.  Some on this site say that is how we "ruined" Sanchez and Geno.

Why waste a 2nd round pick on a guy that is nowhere near ready?

Macc? DUH 

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

While Bowles deserves a ton of crap for this year's disaster, if anything, playing Cro last year is looking to probably be the most misplaced of criticism he's gotten to date.  Granted he was far overpaid, but Cro's play in 2015 is still better than anyone in the Jets' secondary this year, including Revis.  Very sad, but oh so true.

looking back, it could have been worse. I just dont understand why we cant scheme anything to cover these deep threats.  With that Dline and faster/younger LBs this garbage shouldnt be happening...

2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

It worked out pretty good for the Cowboys and Eagles. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

It worked out pretty good for the Cowboys and Eagles. 

Ohhhhh believe me, I have thought about that a bit this season.  Seems the trend of grooming QBs was bucked and now with the Jets QB situation being what it is, we will revert to throwing our young QBs in the fire in a couple years as teams start grooming them long term again... We just need to go full costanza and do the opposite of whatever our instincts are... Maybe Geno should start lol

Ohhhhh believe me, I have thought about that a bit this season.  Seems the trend of grooming QBs was bucked and now with the Jets QB situation being what it is, we will revert to throwing our young QBs in the fire in a couple years as teams start grooming them long term again... We just need to go full costanza and do the opposite of whatever our instincts are... Maybe Geno should start lol

Who's grooming the QB's??????? This statement being used by those in pacification mode makes me laugh my ass off every time someone uses it to defend sh*t. 

Carson Wentz played against JV kids in college and hasn't had one ounce of an issue adjusting to the NFL. Three kids who were drafted behind our second round pick have all played well early on. Fine, you want to develop Hackenberg - I get it. Let him sit.

But the fact that our second year, 4th round QB is barely allowed to sniff the center's ass is ridiculous. People act like Petty is a converted WR or something. I get it, he played in a spread system in college. But he's had a year and four months to practice and indulge himself in the playbook. If he's not ready to play now, then when? It's not like he had some serious mechanical issues preventing him from playing NFL style ball. He had to learn how to run a huddle and read a defense. Big freakin' deal.

The minute Petty is healthy, he should be on the field. And if throws 9 interceptions in his first five games, then it will be an improvement upon what Ryan Fitzpatrick has managed this year.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who's grooming the QB's??????? This statement being used by those in pacification mode makes me laugh my ass off every time someone uses it to defend sh*t. 

I know it is a new concept for Jets fans but...

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

Carson Wentz played against JV kids in college and hasn't had one ounce of an issue adjusting to the NFL. Three kids who were drafted behind our second round pick have all played well early on. Fine, you want to develop Hackenberg - I get it. Let him sit.

But the fact that our second year, 4th round QB is barely allowed to sniff the center's ass is ridiculous. People act like Petty is a converted WR or something. I get it, he played in a spread system in college. But he's had a year and four months to practice and indulge himself in the playbook. If he's not ready to play now, then when? It's not like he had some serious mechanical issues preventing him from playing NFL style ball. He had to learn how to run a huddle and read a defense. Big freakin' deal.

The minute Petty is healthy, he should be on the field. And if throws 9 interceptions in his first five games, then it will be an improvement upon what Ryan Fitzpatrick has managed this year.

I am ready for Petty. If I was on the job for a year and 4 months I should be ready too.

12 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

This is just an example. The primary point I'm trying to make is that in 21 games, Bowles has never benched anyone for performance issues. How is that possible? I'm not asking the guy to be a John Tortorella head case out there, but holding people accountable for terrible play is not a bad thing.

5 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

if the jets didn't win 10 games last year and fitz didn't do what he did, they would not have brought him back, petty would have beaten geno out for the job easily and he would not have played vs. the eagles and got hurt.  he'd be starting now.  but i digress.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

if the jets didn't win 10 games last year and fitz didn't do what he did, they would not have brought him back, petty would have beaten geno out for the job easily and he would not have played vs. the eagles and got hurt.  he'd be starting now.  but i digress.

And you know this because............... 

4 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

The idea is that playing any QB before his 3rd season is a surefire way of ruining him. Because Aaron Rodgers.

Ridiculous that Hackenberg can't even be 3rd string. Know who was 3rd string as a rookie? Ryan Fitzpatrick. The 250th pick in the draft out of freaking Harvard. The man who didn't finish a year with more TDs than INTs until his 6th NFL season at age 28. I suppose if he only was on the bench for a year or two then he would have been better faster. Oh wait, he did sit for 2 years after sitting for a dozen-plus games as a rookie.

I get not starting someone raw right away, but come on. These guys were good prospects. Even Petty -- yeah we got him in the 4th round but first off it was the very top of the round and 2nd he was expected to go a good round or two earlier. Had he been in that crappy 2013 draft no way he lasts that long.

And after showing at least some competence in live action in preseason, our HC makes him 3rd string behind a QB he refuses to use outside of an in-game QB injury. Just brilliant.

19 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan should have been smart enough to actually look through the 2015 schedule before deciding to bring Fitzpatrick back and give him a Peyton Manning-like stranglehold on the Jets QB position. A simple dissecting of the 2015 schedule would have revealed that our wins came against:

The awful: Browns, Jaguars, Titans, Dolphins x 2, Cowboys (with Romo injured and Kellen f*cking Moore starting)

The average: Giants (miracle comeback) and the Colts

The good: The Patriots (with Belichick kicking off in overtime?) 

I mean for two guys who have been around football their entire lives, seeing that Fitzpatrick's wins came at the expense of the league's worst teams should have made them question whether they'd be better off turning the franchise over to one of the players they invested several draft picks in. The fact that Bowles scoffs at any suggestion of benching Fitzpatrick is so shocking and scary that I can only hope this team quits on Bowles before he has the opportunity to ruin this team.

I'm starting to believe that Bowles realizes that he can probably get to 8 wins by starting Fitzpatrick with how weak the back-end of this 2016 schedule is, which is why he refuses to play Petty/Geno/Hack. That in and of itself is selfish. It's lipstick on a f*cking pig that hasn't beaten a team with a winning record on the road in 25 attempts. Let that sink in. Fitzpatrick is a like-able loser, and nothing more.

Bowles and Maccagnan need to start thinking about 2017 and beyond, because starting Fitzpatrick today or tomorrow doesn't help anybody.

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And after showing at least some competence in live action in preseason, our Zombie makes him 3rd string behind a QB he refuses to use outside of an in-game QB injury. Just brilliant.

Fixed it for  ya.

• 2 weeks later...

Geno's back at it again. This time he's checking Joe Namath. 

Its like no matter what this guy does he has to defend himself. Namath was completely wrong here. Not only did the doctors not allow him back in the game but the doc's and Jets coaching staff had this dude standing up for the entire 2nd half with a popped ACL. 

Damn shame. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno's back at it again. This time he's checking Joe Namath. 

Its like no matter what this guy does he has to defend himself. Namath was completely wrong here. Not only did the doctors not allow him back in the game but the doc's and Jets coaching staff had this dude standing up for the entire 2nd half with a popped ACL. 

Damn shame. 

They told him he should stand?

8 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

They told him he should stand?

Figuring that the doctors didnt tell him to "sit" when they saw him standing or even had him in the locker room, im figuring someone dropped the ball here. 

One thing I know for sure, no one told Namath to start typing on twitter. 

He probably feels like he has "foot-in-mouth" disease today tho. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Figuring that the doctors didnt tell him to "sit" when they saw him standing or even had him in the locker room, im figuring someone dropped the ball here. 

One thing I know for sure, no one told Namath to start typing on twitter. 

He probably feels like he has "foot-in-mouth" disease today tho. 

This whole organization is a mess and the team was completely unprepared for the first six games. 

17 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

This whole organization is a mess and the team was completely unprepared for the first six games. 

I agree. Though I had zero confidence in Fitz I have to even say that I was even surprised by his performance. That was worse than even I expected. I was totally caught off guard with our defense though. Revis looks like he should retire, Skrine finally showed up for the season yesterday, Gilchrist is still on vacation, I said two years ago signing Wilk for a blockbuster deal was a bad move, not only do we do it, but we do so after he breaks his leg, Richardson is playing every position on the field outside of QB...which he'd probably be better than Fitz, Outside of week 1...what has McKlendon done, we dont have linebackers...etc. 

As for the offense: We signed Seferian-Jenkins yet I still dont see a TE on the field, this is the deepest WR group I've seen in my 20 years of following this team...and we've paid Fitz 12 million dollars to destroy it, Bilal Powell is now our #2 QB, we dont have a 3rd down back, we dont have a power back, we dont have a fullback to compensate for the fact that we dont have a powerback, Mangold went down, Decker went down, Marshall is dropping so many balls that he's beginning to now laugh after doing so (I think he laughed after dropping Geno's pass), Geno's been touched by the "Fitzpatrick curse", I dont want Petty in because I dont want him to be touched by the "Fitzpatrick curse", we drafted a QB in the 2nd round that cant f'ing suit up...but if he did I'd be afraid that he'd be touched by the "Fitzpatrick curse", Ryan Fitzpatrick has put himself in a position to complete his deplorable performance for the rest of the season, Todd Bowles still has his arms folded on the sideline, 

WTF is going on here! lol. 

That is a whole lotta bad outlined there Villain, and though Fitz has not been good, what on earth can anybody expect when the whole team collapses around him?! The Decker injury has been huge IMO, and the defense, though they looked better against the Ravens, looks slow and seems constantly out of position against elite teams. Seven sacks against the Bengals then the d-line disappears for five games. All the emphasis on special teams this year, and still one of the worst units in the league. And yes, what happened to that Sefaroan-Jenkins dude? And Bowles?? Talk about regressing as a coach...he seems unsure and lacks firmness.

Schedule lightens up for a while...need to see MUCH better football from these players and coaches, or the future will again look ominous.

Archived