Costello on beningo and Roberts

tkiss24

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

You're missing the point.

i'm gettIng into his head. This is his thought process. It worked last year, and late in the year, so teams should have adjusted by then. So he probably believes the scheme is hard to defend if executed properly

He fails to adjust the game plan not a good tendency for a head coach to have especially one that we need to be successful. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

******* Woody... he hired Rex all over again, without the egg-in-the-face soundbytes.

I hate to say it, but Rex would get more out of this defense too.

At least the bad years under Rex were watchable/entertaining.  It also didn't hurt that he had the best 2 year run you've ever seen.

This filth we're watching now is horrible football coupled with boring personalities.  It's all the more aggravating knowing that a few of us knew this would happen and e-begged the Jets not to re-sign Fitz.

Bowles, Rodgers, and Gailey have about as much combined charisma as a sloth taking a long sh-t.  (whatever that means)

1 minute ago, Pac said:

At least the bad years under Rex were watchable/entertaining.  It also didn't hurt that he had the best 2 year run you've ever seen.

This filth we're watching now is horrible football coupled with boring personalities.  It's all the more aggravating knowing that a few of us knew this would happen and e-begged the Jets not to re-sign Fitz.

Bowles, Rodgers, and Gailey have about as much combined charisma as a sloth taking a long sh-t.  (whatever that means)

Nobody knew this would happen.

Some of you whined that Fitz sucks, and then purported a ton of bad logic about Geno. Nobody forecast a complete disaster on defense. 

Even the Fitz supporters knew we'd lose some games we shouldn't with him. The hope was that with the way the team rallied around him, the chemistry would carry us further than struggling through a season of Geno. And make no mistake, Geno would be a different version of the same problem we're having here.

Anyway... I'm going to buy a PS4 for Sundays. This blows.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW, you can t blame Woody. He leaned on Casserly and Ron Wolf. Which is what he should do

Sad but true... he seems to have tried the right way but he is snake bit. MAC's resume tells us he should be a great GM. Bowles???  All that experience?  

I have no explanation for his short comings.

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

I know we are all angry monkeys throwing our feces around this week, but basically all coaches specialize on one side of the ball. 

I find it hard to believe that  to the degree you mention. I have read 2 books by Parcells and he talks a LOT of offense.  

If your offense is sputtering, you get involved.  

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I find it hard to believe that  to the degree you mention. I have read 2 books by Parcells and he talks a LOT of offense.  

Ironically our defense is sputtering and longtime friend of Bowles Kacy Rodgers is at the helm and Bowles chooses to ignore it all and just feed us gibberish pressers filled with nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

of course they understand the other side, they just aren't qualified to tinker

is andy reid calling blitzes ?  nope, too busy talking to the offense about the next series

you just made my original point for me, if he doesn't know anything about the offense he should stay the ****  away from it 

2 hours ago, tkiss24 said:

Joe mentioned that Costello told him that Bowles is less hands on with the offense than Rex was. Costello said handbag is all chan, with Bowles not even chiming in on run or pass decisions. To me this is the worst part of all. Your a head coach. I hated Rex for spending time talking to defensive lineman while the offense operated poorly. As the head coach you need to be overseeing everything and not spending all your time with one side of the ball (it's even worse when you consider how bad things defense has been).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem wasn't that Rex didn't involve himself in the offense. The problem was that he considered the offense to be somebody else's problem. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It's the cycle of bad teams in this league. Promote coordinator---->fire coordinator and then do it again expecting a different result. What the **** goes on in these interviews anyway? 

The Jets at some point have to put someone firmly in charge of the entire operation...whether it be a HC who's been a HC or President of Football Ops and cut out this halfway bullsh*t. Bowles with the plausible deniability when it comes to the offense or punting when it's basically mathematically impossible to win the game once you do it....enough. Fire his ass.

I agree with this 100%. Is there anyone in the building this week who's in charge? Maccagnan is likely watching Alabama tape and Bowles is somewhere telling Marcus Gilchrist how he used to defend against Phil Simms.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I agree with this 100%. Is there anyone in the building this week who's in charge? Maccagnan is likely watching Alabama tape and Bowles is somewhere telling Marcus Gilchrist how he used to defend against Phil Simms.

I've reached the point where I want Gary Vaynerchuk to buy the Jets. 

50 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I remember distinctly at one point when Parcells was here that he took over the Offensive play calling from Dan Henning I believe.  And the Offense improved.

49 minutes ago, Larz said:

of course they understand the other side, they just aren't qualified to tinker

is andy reid calling blitzes ?  nope, too busy talking to the offense about the next series

you just made my original point for me, if he doesn't know anything about the offense he should stay the ****  away from it 

But if they weren't  scoring more than 17 a game, near nothing in 2nd half , turning it over , he would get involved.  IF the D was giving up more long plays than a French whore, playing sloppy, he would get involved. 

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Funny thing about all of this is I couldn't care much less about the Jets losing games this year. The teams not that good. But if Bowles honestly thought that the Jets could simply line up and out execute Pittsburgh or Seattle he might as well start cleaning out his desk now.

Only hope is that either Parcells or Maccagnan is in his ear telling him you probably don't want to punt there, but I doubt it.

OK, off topic slightly, but I'll bring up something I don't think was mentioned yet on this forum. I wonder if we are going to return the favor to Rex by beating his Bills the last game with us having no shot at the playoffs and his team needing that last game to qualify for the post season. Then he gets fired right afterward since he missed the playoffs his 2nd year at Bills and had to make it to keep his job. 

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

OK, off topic slightly, but I'll bring up something I don't think was mentioned yet on this forum. I wonder if we are going to return the favor to Rex by beating his Bills the last game with us having no shot at the playoffs and his team needing that last game to qualify for the post season. Then he gets fired right afterward since he missed the playoffs his 2nd year at Bills and had to make it to keep his job. 

This would be a totally meaningless achievement that would also cost us draft position and make Woody feel like the team's on the right track, so there's a 100% chance it's happening.

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Funny thing about all of this is I couldn't care much less about the Jets losing games this year. The teams not that good. But if Bowles honestly thought that the Jets could simply line up and out execute Pittsburgh or Seattle he might as well start cleaning out his desk now.

Only hope is that either Parcells or Maccagnan is in his ear telling him you probably don't want to punt there, but I doubt it.

If Parcells was in his ear, there'd be a bunch of showy cuts and demotions this week as retribution for the leaks in the building about players not working hard enough. Even Mangini would have wacked a few special teamers.

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Also, I want to not care about this season, but I'm not particularly hopeful for next season, either. 

Archived