What would happen to Dak Presscot if he was drafted by Jets this year?

Fibonacci

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont know about that.  They're high profile.  A prime time team.  Their owner is their GM and one of the most identifiable people in the all the NFL.  While he is good to his players, you're in the lime light there and he's public about it.  Nobody gives a **** about the sh*tty the Jets because they suck and havent won a Super Bowl in 50 years.  Those Super Bowl rings bring expectations.  Nobody expects anything from the sh*tty Jets. 

So why are people bitching on here if there are no expectations?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

So why are people bitching on here if there are no expectations?

There are rare occasions when some expectations exist for the Jets.  This season was one of them because the team went all in to win now and with the talent they have, should be a playoff team.

In general Jets fans bitch about their team for the same reason you shouldnt ever expect anything from this team.  And that's because it sucks to be sh*tty.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We're not as bad as Cleveland and Chicago! Sewwwwwperbowl!!!

At this point, winning the SUper Bowl is about luck. Drafting a great QB is about luck. The NFL has turned itself into a lottery. QB depth around the league has never been worse. Ratings are down. Crappy football is in primetime.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

There are rare occasions when some expectations exist for the Jets.  This season was one of them because the team went all in to win now and with the talent they have, should be a playoff team.

In general Jets fans bitch about their team for the same reason you shouldnt ever expect anything from this team.  And that's because it sucks to be sh*tty.

It does suck to be sh*tty. But there other ways of going about it. Accepting it as a fact of life and moving on with your day, considering the fact that football is just an entertainment spectacle. Or you can become obsessed with it and whine about it all the time.

I think the tough schedule negated the expectations for this year. And given that our 1 win was against a good Bills team, the schedule was harder than originally thought

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont know about that.  They're high profile.  A prime time team.  Their owner is their GM and one of the most identifiable people in the all the NFL.  While he is good to his players, you're in the lime light there and he's public about it.  Nobody gives a **** about the sh*tty the Jets because they suck and havent won a Super Bowl in 50 years.  Those Super Bowl rings bring expectations.  Nobody expects anything from the sh*tty Jets. 

In Dallas the first question asked in interviews for sports journalism is whether you will kiss Jerry Jones' ass on a regular basis. 

If Romo threw six interceptions and admitted to supporting ISIS the local sports media would be in front of Jerry Jones nodding along with compassionately while Jerry Jones said it wasn't that bad but it was probably a coaching mistake. Then there would be a week of stories about how Romo played really well despite the interceptions and how he still deserves the trust of fans. If Manish worked in Dallas, Jerry would have pulled strings to have the guy fired or transferred to covering high school football. Zero chances he would be allowed around the Cowboys for more than a week.

Prescott doesn't have the pressure to lead Dallas to the promised land because everybody knows Romo is coming back. If Prescott had done poorly most people would shrug and pass it off as a green rookie thrown into an unexpected situation who could only be asked to do so much. Of course he knows he's auditioning for the role but it helps to know there is some slack and each win creates more slack. He also has the benefit of playing with a great offense (and awful defense) which takes some of the pressure off of him to be perfect. 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It does suck to be sh*tty. But there other ways of going about it. Accepting it as a fact of life and moving on with your day, considering the fact that football is just an entertainment spectacle. Or you can become obsessed with it and whine about it all the time.

I think the tough schedule negated the expectations for this year. And given that our 1 win was against a good Bills team, the schedule was harder than originally thought

Most people dont like sucking at things and accept being a loser as a way of life. 

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  Seems weird to embrace sucking but keep on trucking! 

With the exception of the KC game, the Jets have been in the game for the other 3 losses. This is why the team can't start thinking about next year because the staff believes they can still win many games with the easier part of the schedule after Arizona.  2 games with NE and one with Buffalo would represent their biggest challenge.  Watch our Jets pull a string of victories together, excite those in the fan base that think the world is flat  and then blow their chances at a top 5 pick all for nothing.  Lets move Fitz aside,  bypass  GenO and see if Petty or HAck can get some on the job training.

2 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

In Dallas the first question asked in interviews for sports journalism is whether you will kiss Jerry Jones' ass on a regular basis. 

If Romo threw six interceptions and admitted to supporting ISIS the local sports media would be in front of Jerry Jones nodding along with compassionately while Jerry Jones said it wasn't that bad but it was probably a coaching mistake. Then there would be a week of stories about how Romo played really well despite the interceptions and how he still deserves the trust of fans. If Manish worked in Dallas, Jerry would have pulled strings to have the guy fired or transferred to covering high school football. Zero chances he would be allowed around the Cowboys for more than a week.

Prescott doesn't have the pressure to lead Dallas to the promised land because everybody knows Romo is coming back. If Prescott had done poorly most people would shrug and pass it off as a green rookie thrown into an unexpected situation who could only be asked to do so much. Of course he knows he's auditioning for the role but it helps to know there is some slack and each win creates more slack. He also has the benefit of playing with a great offense (and awful defense) which takes some of the pressure off of him to be perfect. 

I dont see how this would be any different any where else.  He was a 4th round pick, not 4th overall.  

It's the Jets.  Even if he was here, if/when he eventually played, he would undoubtedly have sucked ass, we would all grow to despise him, and then have endless hate of the Jets for waiting that long in the draft to finally grab a QB and not instead drafting [insert name of any QB who ever shows the slightest bit of talent here].

2 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It's also about numbers. The Jets haven't hit the lottery, but they also haven't done the things they need to do to improve their odds. We can talk about luck when they start making good decisions.

Well, firstly, it's going to take personnel who doesn't view math and stats as witchcraft. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Petty is not the name that should be in your post but rather Geno.  If Petty had not been hurt Geno might be gone by now.  In any case the team is stuck in the delusion of rebuilding while still being competitive.  The only works if you already have your long term QB.

Understood.....but at least Geno played.  We have a 2nd and a 4th sitting .....  with no clear reason why they are here as they havent suited up.

Id like to find a Dak Prescott in the 4th....  we could have him but we'll never know.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

They just seem more fat and happy to me.  Like they "know" for a fact that this drought is temporary.  Especially the ones that live here in DC.  They act like Jimmy Johnson is still asking, "How about them cowboys!"  Jerry Jones may be in the limelight but he has also made everyone understand he is the man and he is accountable for the team. I feel most Cowboy fans believe he will bring them to the promise land again.  Plus even when they are bad they always seem to be a work in progress.  Or appear to be.  The Jets on the other hand have done nothing but punish us for the last 50 years for being fans. I said in another thread at this point it almost feels like its being done in purpose. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Most people dont like sucking at things and accept being a loser as a way of life. 

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  Seems weird to embrace sucking but keep on trucking! 

Only when it comes to something that you have absolutely no impact on, at least when it comes to play on the field

33 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

It's the Jets.  Even if he was here, if/when he eventually played, he would undoubtedly have sucked ass, we would all grow to despise him, and then have endless hate of the Jets for waiting that long in the draft to finally grab a QB and not instead drafting [insert name of any QB who ever shows the slightest bit of talent here].

hindsight > foresight 

6 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Sperm would you admit that Maccagnan has been better than Idzik and the last years of Tanny? Logic seems to instill that

I would admit nothing other than he's spent more money than Idzik, and likely knows a good amount more about evaluating college talent than either Idzik or Tannenbaum (though neither of those two are measuring sticks for such). The rest is a big "sort of" in that they've all made bad picks and bad FA acquisitions. Most optimistically, Maccagnan is a "hope so" GM that hasn't proven "never will" yet.

Maccagnan's best draft pick was a player he should have missed out on (but for Washington being stupid). His best trade was the result of our needs lining up with the needs of the team that offered him to us. His best FA acquisition was a reasonably-priced guard a year and a half ago. He has traded away a handful of picks in only 2 seasons, has run up the cap to the point where our flexibility is now limited, and now we are faced with a good half dozen starting positions without a contract that can be kept (or without a contract outright):

• QB 
  • CB 
  • ILB
  • OLB (or certainly an outside pass rusher that weighs under 300 lbs)
  • LT 
  • RT
  • RG 

This doesn't include possibly releasing Revis early like many are pointing to as a way of adding cap relief, in which case you can add another CB to that list of needs.

But I'm sure we can take care of all of those starting positions with the contracts he can clear to get us $20M under the 2017 cap. Then again, some of the money spoken of clearing is for players like Gilchrist, in which case you can add FS to the already considerable need list. Oh, and it's hardly a forgone conclusion that Jenkins solves all TE problems, as much as I wish it will be so. Cleared space for Giacomini is a wash, since he signed on for $5M this year before the likely clearance of his $4.5M next year. Net = zero.

For now, he's so far made mostly poor draft picks, poor FA acquisitions and reacquisitions, he's made one good trade that fell into his lap because we picked 1 slot ahead of the team that came to us & we had identical needs. He also pisses away draft picks like they're unnecessary assets. So for the life of me, I don't know what the champagne bottles and congratulatory circle jerks are all about.

Let him demonstrate that he's found us a good starting QB, and then I'll be receptive to forgiving so many of his other dumbass moves. 

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yes, but rational expectations > revisionist history

What are you talking about? Didn't you notice we won 10 games last year. Therefore we're contenders in 2016. Just needed to re-sign Wilkerson and Fitzpatrick and draft a speedy but slight ILB with our first round pick. 

Dak would struggle like any other rookie QB would behind our line.  He plays behind the best offensive line in the sport. Dallas also has a very strong running game which takes the heat off of him.  Not much is asked of Dak at this point.  Things would change if he was asked to be special.

LOOK HE HAS THE BEST OFFENSIVE LINE BEHIND HIM AND HE DOESN'T PLAY IN A 4 RECEIVER OFFENSE 95% OF THE TIME. You got to know your talent and their coaching staff is running a simple offense. I blame the coaching staff of the Jets not understanding their talent. You don't have a running game you don't win.

Archived