I Hope I'm Wrong ...

KRL

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I see I'm dealing with some real geniuses here. 

Wanting your team to succeed is the definition of fandom.

It's really strange when people care so much about an insignificant action that others may take that doesn't affect them in any way whatsoever. 

No fandom is sticking with your team through thick and thin regardless of who is on the current roster. What your doing is saying I'll only cheer for my team if I think they can win - so go back to NFL17 where you can win all the time .

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, funaz said:

Most of it is how no one can stand Geno.

Gets knocked out by a back up lb. No one defends him.

Fitz is doing awful, no teammate is saying let's give Geno a shot.

Fitz has best game of his career in buffalo, Geno is saying he's impatient on waiting to play.

Geno gets put in a game, fumbles, and pick in 6 plays.

Geno is named the starter. Coach's endorsement is "they don't hate him" they just don't talk to him, or hang out with him or look at him.

This week when asked about how they feel bout Geno starting.....meh from every teammate.

Sounds like a true winner

Sent from mTalk

IK was cut by the organization. 

Geno lost his starting job because he was the victim of a locker room assault.

Fitzpatrick benefitted from the easiest schedule in the NFL and the 2 best WR's in the NFL 

Fitzpatrick fails like he has so many times before when theres competition 

Fitzpatrick leads the NFL in INT's

Fitzpatrick is benched. 

Fitzpatrick fans cant handle it namely those who grew beards and bought #14 jerseys. 

Sounds about right. 

30 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah last week when he got mad and threw that cup of ice , it scarred his teammates and fans forever. How can they ever get that image out of their heads. Come on this is ticky tack BS.  Hardly an improvement over Fitz, did you see the first few passes he threw, it got to the wr's where they had time to make a move as opposed to catching the ball as if it was a fair catch and getting his players creamed like a Fitz pass. 

Standard operating procedure for a clipboard holder is that he's on the sideline helping out the Qb and coaches and being a positive person on the sideline rooting for the team not for himself. If you're me first in football it usually doesn't work in the locker room or in the huddle. I don't expect Fitz to be coping an attitude tomorrow afternoon I expect him to be there for Geno and the team. And if Geno throws a pick or is having problems to try to help him out. Not act like a spoiled brat. Geno Smith not known as a leader in college or with the Jets. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Standard operating procedure for a clipboard holder is that he's on the sideline helping out the Qb and coaches and being a positive person on the sideline rooting for the team not for himself. If you're me first in football it usually doesn't work in the locker room or in the huddle. I don't expect Fitz to be coping an attitude tomorrow afternoon I expect him to be there for Geno and the team. And if Grno throws a pick or is having problems to try to help him out. Not act like a spoiled brat. Geno Smith not known as a leader in college or with the Jets. 

What's he supposed to do , ok Fitz you need to sling it in there harder to beat the Db's , oh wait forget about it - I got nothing. 

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

No fandom is sticking with your team through thick and thin regardless of who is on the current roster. What your doing is saying I'll only cheer for my team if I think they can win - so go back to NFL17 where you can win all the time .

No son, I'm saying you cheer when they succeed and express displeasure in whatever way you see fit when they are failing. Not sure how people that actually attend the games in train wreck seasons like this one are not "standing by their team". Its always fun when people try to assert their "fan superiority". So stupid.

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

No son, I'm saying you cheer when they succeed and express displeasure in whatever way you see fit when they are failing. Not sure how people that actually attend the games in train wreck seasons like this one are not "standing by their team". Its always fun when people try to assert their "fan superiority". So stupid.

I sat at every game during the Kotite 1-15 season and stayed until the clock was at 00:00 

Same goes for this season I support this team until the end of each and the end of the season.

Been there done that.

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

What's he supposed to do , ok Fitz you need to sling it in there harder to beat the Db's , oh wait forget about it - I got nothing. 

The backup Qb sees things in a game that the player on the field might not notice and talks to him about specifics in coverages and the game plan. And advises him on what might work or not work. And is positive. To say selfish me first behavior isn't a big deal is a joke. 

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I see plenty of people who show up for the games who are there for anything but the game. There were two guys behind me one game who spent half the game talking about shoes and I'm not making that up.  But your right they pay their money they can do what they want - correct , its that's entitlement mentality that has this country in the sh*tter. But I'm done enjoy the game however you see fit. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

I see plenty of people who show up for the games who are there for anything but the game. There were two guys behind me one game who spent half the game talking about shoes and I'm not making that up.  But your right they pay their money they can do what they want - correct , its that's entitlement mentality that has this country in the sh*tter. But I'm done enjoy the game however you see fit. 

Probably corporate stiffs who's company has the season tickets and just go to games to say they went. They have 0 interest in the game. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The backup Qb sees things in a game that the player on the field might not notice and talks to him about specifics in coverages and the game plan. And advises him on what might work or not work. And is positive. To say selfish me first behavior isn't a big deal is a joke. 

But we're not on the sideline we don't know what the dynamics are , maybe Fitz told Geno he doesn't want to bothered on gameday , he wouldn't be the first QB to do that. 

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

But we're not on the sideline we don't know what the dynamics are , maybe Fitz told Geno he doesn't want to bothered on gameday , he wouldn't be the first QB to do that. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick thinks hes the smartest QB in the NFL sadly NFL smart is not book smart and to be a decent QB in the NFL you need a strong arm. 

Fans have a right to boo.  Not to throw things on the field, or persecute players families, but the cost of going to a Jets game gives them the right to boo a team who in 14 was 8-8.  Had 12 draft picks.  In 2015 had $40,000,000 in cap space.  A well run team would now be competing for a Super Bowl with those kinds of tools.

The Jets sit at 1-5 with Geno smith still starting.................. again.

if booing makes a person feel better, go for it. 

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Look you don't pull off an attitude during a game because you're not playing. If Geno had problems with being the backup you talk to the coach or GM during the week privately. If I see Fitz on the sideline tomorrow sulking or acting angry because he was benched I'll rip the guy. There is no excuse for it. 

59 minutes ago, jamesr said:

What if Geno plays well, but the defense continues to suck and we are still losing? Some fans will be struggling to work out when to boo, cheer ... maybe some signs would help? ;-) 

Would they work better than the color cards Rex gave to Sanchez?

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Look you don't pull off an attitude during a game because you're not playing. If Geno had problems with being the backup you talk to the coach or GM during the week privately. If I see Fitz on the sideline tomorrow sulking or acting angry because he was benched I'll rip the guy. There is no excuse for it. 

If Ryan Fitzpatrick such a role model and model citizen why has he been with 6 teams in 12 years in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Fans have a right to boo.  Not to throw things on the field, or persecute players families, but the cost of going to a Jets game gives them the right to boo a team who in 14 was 8-8.  Had 12 draft picks.  In 2015 had $40,000,000 in cap space.  A well run team would now be competing for a Super Bowl with those kinds of tools.

The Jets sit at 1-5 with Geno smith still starting.................. again.

if booing makes a person feel better, go for it. 

If only it was that easy . 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Who knows, maybe Geno talked to Bowels and they told him if Fitz struggled he'd get in.  And there are plenty of players/Qb's who sulk have arguing matches with their coaches on the sidelines, it was made a big story by the media and primarily because of who the player was. 

If Geno f*cks up, sure boo away but booing from the outset is ignorant.  So you paid your money so you have aright to boo.  I suppose the Roman citizens all felt that same way while voting thumbs up or thumbs down too.  Devolve all you want and boo our team/players from the outset.  Have at it nuckle heads.       

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Who knows, maybe Geno talked to Bowels and they told him if Fitz struggled he'd get in.  And there are plenty of players/Qb's who sulk have arguing matches with their coaches on the sidelines, it was made a big story by the media and primarily because of who the player was. 

Yes there are.  if those players/QB's are productive stars, they get away with it.  If they are the worst player at their position for two straight years, good teams give them their walking papers, not reward them.

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yes there are.  if those players/QB's are productive stars, they get away with it.  If they are the worst player at their position for two straight years, good teams give them their walking papers, not reward them.

But if he's replacing the actual worst player at his position I guess he's given the same latitude right. 

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

But if he's replacing the actual worst player at his position I guess he's given the same latitude right. 

By a continually failing franchise.........yes.

For a franchise that is continually competing, and rebuilding on the fly, you move away from the malcontent with no future on your team. You see what you have in the young guys in a lost season.

Fitz isn't in the conversation anymore.   

9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

By a continually failing franchise.........yes.

For a franchise that is continually competing, and rebuilding on the fly, you move away from the malcontent with no future on your team. You see what you have in the young guys in a lost season.

Fitz isn't in the conversation anymore.   

So in other words  just like Cleveland - am I right ???

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So in other words  just like Cleveland - am I right ???

I realize the Browns model is the one you want the Jets to follow, but I was more thinking of the Pats,Steelers, Packers, Chargers, Ravens, and Bronco's.  

When a player is more trouble then he contributes, dump him.

I think your infatuation with the Browns operating mode is a bit misguided.   

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol last week I saw it at least twice.. fitz throwing like s 2 yard lob pass in the middle of 3-4 defenders who are baiting the qb to make that throw knowing they were going to level the guy and maybe get a fumble.. fitz does not see these things, or doesn't care..As long as he isn't the one getting nailed, get rid of the hot potato 

That dump off to Peake that had him get leveled was brutal. Here's to the young wrs getting more looks, more Powell in the run game, and more productivity out of ASJ.

4 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

That dump off to Peake that had him get leveled was brutal. Here's to the young wrs getting more looks, more Powell in the run game, and more productivity out of ASJ.

ASJ needs to get himself on the field first ... he's already out of tomorrow's game.

43 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

If Geno f*cks up, sure boo away but booing from the outset is ignorant.  So you paid your money so you have aright to boo.  I suppose the Roman citizens all felt that same way while voting thumbs up or thumbs down too.  Devolve all you want and boo our team/players from the outset.  Have at it nuckle heads.       

You just compared booing to the death sentence of slaves, then called other folks "nuckle" heads.

Congratulations.

Archived