trade deadline - Jets talking to cowboys

Dinamite

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is what happen when you let other teams set the market.  We did it in the off season with the Fitz contract, we let the pats gt in 1st with their ultra bargain basement trades and when we finally get around to making a push we are going to be left holding onto the player.

Yea, this.

MacCagnan is definitely in a sophomore slump here.

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They have done it a number of times, the Pats don't wait till the last minute.

The Pats trade was awful for them. They traded an all-pro player for a 3rd round pick.  And if the Browns don't re-sign Collins after the season the Pats have to send them a 2018 3rd round pick. So they would've effectively gave up Collins for nothing. 

29 minutes ago, Jetster said:

BS..he's under contract next year unlike Collins who would have been a free agent after this season. 2 or nothing.

You are ignoring 2 suspensions in his short career (both of which involved drugs), not to mention his next suspension could force him to miss an entire season. 

1 hour ago, Happy Clouds said:

I agree. First, Fitzpatrick was going to be the "bridge" QB.

Now, there's talk of Romo being a "bridge" QB.

Leave it to the Jets to build the longest "bridge" known to man

That's what happens when you build a bridge without a plan on where you're going to. ;-) 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

SO instead of replying in a smart intelligent way, explaining it, you just insult me.

Well shows what you are

I'm not insulting you. I'm telling you that your posts are dumb. 

You're probably a really nice kid. But your posts, they are dumb. Very, very dumb.

Explain to me why

When people insult others it's bc they don't have a clue how to respond. That's why 8 year old argue all of the time bc their brain isn't developed enough to form a smart reply.  But that's just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

I'm sure they have a plan, (Petty/Hack), it's just not your plan. 

Believe me, I'm all for Petty / Hack taking over if they're up to the job. Just seems the CS are happier with their bridge at the moment, even if he's leaning a bit to one side.

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The way to get teams to sweeten the pot is to play division opponents against each other. 

Trade him to the Gnats??? He would be reunited with Harrison; they'd only be one lineman short of the full set! :-) 

Maccagnan shouldn't budge on his asking price because whoever wants Richardson

would have him "under control" for 2.5 years:

- Half a year this year

- Next year under his cheap option

- Then the ability to franchise him

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is what happen when you let other teams set the market.  We did it in the off season with the Fitz contract, we let the pats gt in 1st with their ultra bargain basement trades and when we finally get around to making a push we are going to be left holding onto the player.

The bold is a generalization, given that the first example provided is about the Fitz contract this should be obvious. 

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, this.

MacCagnan is definitely in a sophomore slump here.

I agreed with the generalization.

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So he is supposed to be able to mind read NE's GM and trade Richardson before. Ok.

This guy starts talking about nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

When people insult others it's bc they don't have a clue how to respond. That's why 8 year old argue all of the time bc their brain isn't developed enough to form a smart reply.  But that's just my opinion. 

Has nothing to do with no knowing how to respond. Has everything to do with no bothering to respond. It's about not respecting the other person enough to give a sh*t about explaining why his posts are dumb. Not about lacking the rebuttal. 

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Explain to me why? Why was Macc dumb now?

Your edit only made this dumber. I didn't call "Macc" dumb. I called your posts dumb. I suggested "Macc" is in a sophomore slump, which is 100% accurate.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Your edit only made this dumber. I didn't call "Macc" dumb. I called your posts dumb. I suggested "Macc" is in a sophomore slump, which is 100% accurate.

And why do you think that is? The only move I really question him on was picking Hackenberg that high in the draft.

Had to sign Fitzpatrick otherwise he would have been roasted. Luckily he only got him for a year.

Tried to trade Wilkerson. With no takers, he signed him and will shop Richardson, which a lot of people agree with

And why do you think that is? The only move I really question him on was picking Hackenberg that high in the draft.

Had to sign Fitzpatrick otherwise he would have been roasted. Luckily he only got him for a year.

Tried to trade Wilkerson. With no takers, he signed him and will shop Richardson, which a lot of people agree with

I don't care what you think. I'm not explaining this to you.

29 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And people forget, that Macc tried to trade Mo in the offseason, but the broken leg hurt his value. Macc knows what's going on.

People during offseason- Trade Sheldon and lock up MO because he is a franchise guy.....Now- Jets should have traded MO they botched it ???

I understand we don't know what price was sought in return, but Macc should have traded Wilkerson in the winter of 15.  At the right price of course but that was the best time to trade him.  And not just because it was before he broke his leg, of course.  The point is even if Wilk had not broken his leg the time to trade him was before his contract year, not after it when he was not signed and no other team that might have considered acquiring him would know what it would take to sign him.

Just now, Big Blocker said:

I understand we don't know what price was sought in return, but Macc should have traded Wilkerson in the winter of 15.  At the right price of course but that was the best time to trade him.  And not before he broke his leg, of course.  The point is even if Wilk had not broken his leg the time to trade him was before his contract year, not after it when he was not signed and no other team that might have considered acquiring him would know what it would take to sign him.

How could he have traded Wilkerson after the trade deadline and before the Buffalo game.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Blasphemy!  If Macc gets fired after 3 years, re-signing Fitz will be reason #1.

Being an NFL GM is a great opportunity and not a position for fools/followers.  Anyone with any balls and common sense would've let Fitz walk.

Why? I would like to know about your opinion. I think that's a fair question

I just gave you my opinion. I'm under no obligation to extrapolate on it further. I am willing to run the risk that I'll miss out on several hot takes by not conversing with you. 

Just now, Mike135 said:

Blasphemy!  If Macc gets fired after 3 years, re-signing Fitz will be reason #1.

Being an NFL GM is a great opportunity and not a position for fools/followers.  Anyone with any balls and common sense would've let Fitz walk.

And replaced by Geno? That would be popular. I mean, it would have been SOJ for a team to dump the QB that had the best Qb season in Jets history the year before. That has an SOJ ring to it

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Anyone with Geno Smith as plan B obviously couldn't. 

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

How could he have traded Wilkerson after the trade deadline and before the Buffalo game.

I said they should trade him in the winter of 15, meaning after the 14 season was over.  I don't understand your question.  but let me help you out here - I suggest you try arguing only on a single front and not two at the same time.

Archived