trade deadline - Jets talking to cowboys

Dinamite

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He saw Geno Smith standing on the sidelines on TV from his Florida home without any factual substantiated reports so he tweeted what he did. 

He was dead on calling for Petty we were losing to an 0-7 team and Fitzpatrick was stinking up the joint 

Was he?  Would Petty never taking an NFL snap in his life got out of Cleveland with a win?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

With all due respect SAR I Namath has been dead on with is comments all this year.  

I don't mind anyone's honesty, ever.

Problem is, he never has anything nice to say.  But he's always the first to take a shot at the organization when we are down. We shouldn't be trolled by our heroes.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I do think he wants a player, like Romo, so he can avoid spending a 3rd draft pick on a QB in as many years. Romo would be the "bridge" QB he wanted Fitzpatrick to be. At $14M next year, it isn't far off from what he paid Fitzpatrick for this year.

What a Jets move it would be, too, to pick Romo up before either Petty or Hackenberg has taken a single live snap. 

This ****ing team, man.  

I don't want Romo, but this is exactly the type of trade that has Jets management salivating.  As much as the Cowboys would like to have Sheldon to make their run this year,  I don't think this will happen as an in-season move.  With Romo's injury and more significantly, Jerry's big love for him, I see this trade being much more likely as an off-season deal.  There is also Romo's cap number averaging about $24 million 2017-2019. No big cap savings possible until 2018.  That's a big nut to cover and the Jets will need to trim a lot of fat to add more fat.

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Tampering!!

As I am sure you well remember, it was tampering that set the Jets on the most successful course in team history, we went from a 1-15 laughingstock to a period of 14 years where we averaged 10 wins a year with a healthy quarterback, getting Parcells and Curtis was all it took.

Woody Johnson is about to turn 70.  That's a big number.  Go tamper with the Patriots, offer Bellichick the richest contract in coaching history and 5% of the team for his heir's, Brady has a wife and a triplex in Manhattan, it'll cost us a few drafts but who cares?

SAR I

53 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well Collins got a high 3 which is essentially a 2. Richardson should get around the same, which it would be if Dallas made the deal

The Pats got a "compensatory pick" which comes at the end of the round, so it is really closer to a fourth rounder.

24 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I do think he wants a player, like Romo, so he can avoid spending a 3rd draft pick on a QB in as many years. Romo would be the "bridge" QB he wanted Fitzpatrick to be. At $14M next year, it isn't far off from what he paid Fitzpatrick for this year.

What a Jets move it would be, too, to pick Romo up before either Petty or Hackenberg has taken a single live snap. 

This ****ing team, man.  

I agree. First, Fitzpatrick was going to be the "bridge" QB.

Now, there's talk of Romo being a "bridge" QB.

Leave it to the Jets to build the longest "bridge" known to man

7 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

I don't want Romo, but this is exactly the type of trade that has Jets management salivating.  As much as the Cowboys would like to have Sheldon to make their run this year,  I don't think this will happen as an in-season move.  With Romo's injury and more significantly, Jerry's big love for him, I see this trade being much more likely as an off-season deal.  There is also Romo's cap number averaging about $24 million 2017-2019. No big cap savings possible until 2018.  That's a big nut to cover and the Jets will need to trim a lot of fat to add more fat.

Definitely not ideal.  But at least it'd separate Bowles and Fitz.

Of course, it'd be better to just drop Fitz now.  I don't see Macc doing that and admitting he was horribly wrong though.  At least the Romo move would give him some cover.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

The Cowboys are ready to go all in. They could be willing to give up a 1 if they think that Sheldon can put them over the top.

Jerry does crazy things sometimes. These are definitely the guys we want to be talking trade with right now.

I think this is slightly over blown as Jerry has mellowed in that regard the last few years and seems to listen to others around.  He will go for it won;t do anything rash with draft picks imo.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I think this is slightly over blown as Jerry has mellowed in that regard the last few years and seems to listen to others around.  He will go for it won;t do anything rash with draft picks imo.

If Sheldon really has no hope of signing a long term deal here due to his demands and the Cowboys offer a 2, I take it.

Just now, Warfish said:

I do not want Romo.  Dear Lord, no.

No more Mr Glass.  We just got rid of one of those earlier this year snd we have had entirely too many of them recently.

Sheldon may be somewhat damaged goods but he is younger and not damaged in the same way Romo is damaged.

41 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That would be EPIC Prescott-Sanchez-Fitzpatrick on the Cowboys 

Sanchez is a wasted asset on the Cowboys and we need an experienced backup quarterback who is comfortable in New York next year to back up the kids.

Richardson for Sanchez and a 3rd should do it.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

IMG_8997.JPG

[Laughing at Sanchez suggestion]

Forget this year, imagine next year.

Geno gone.  Fitz gone.  Petty and Hackenberg and some draft pick all that's on the roster.

We will need a veteran backup who is comfortable in his role and comfortable in New York.  Mark Sanchez makes a ton of sense.  Cowboys don't need him.  We do.

SAR I

Archived