trade deadline - Jets talking to cowboys

Dinamite

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Integrity28 said:

Yes, but different than what you said. You were wrong. I am right.

Yes I guess, but 1 thing I know is that we don't know what all the exact conditions are in conditional trades immediately, maybe if Cleveland resigns him it becomes a 2nd, but that info just hasn't been released yet.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Compensatory pick. #94 or higher I think.

Something like that. 32 teams x 3 rounds = 96 picks. If no one is docked any picks, the earliest compensatory pick would be #97. If Cleveland isn't awarded a comp pick in round 3, though, then NE instead gets the Browns' natural 4th round pick (which looks to be the #1 pick in round 4) so really it isn't much of a difference either way.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He re-tweeted he made a mistake and didnt know the severity of the injury.......got anything else you would like to add of substance or truth. 

I thought you said he was spot on about everything?

What about when he called for Bryce Petty last week before 2nd half comeback?

Just now, JiF said:

I thought you said he was spot on about everything?

What about when he called for Bryce Petty last week before 2nd half comeback?

He saw Geno Smith standing on the sidelines on TV from his Florida home without any factual substantiated reports so he tweeted what he did. 

He was dead on calling for Petty we were losing to an 0-7 team and Fitzpatrick was stinking up the joint 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

do you think mccags wants a player or a pick?  i doubt this is for romo.

I do think he wants a player, like Romo, so he can avoid spending a 3rd draft pick on a QB in as many years. Romo would be the "bridge" QB he wanted Fitzpatrick to be. At $14M next year, it isn't far off from what he paid Fitzpatrick for this year.

What a Jets move it would be, too, to pick Romo up before either Petty or Hackenberg has taken a single live snap. 

This ****ing team, man.  

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

I do think he wants a player, like Romo, so he can avoid spending a 3rd draft pick on a QB in as many years. Romo would be the "bridge" QB he wanted Fitzpatrick to be. At $14M next year, it isn't far off from what he paid Fitzpatrick for this year.

What a Jets move it would be, too, to pick Romo up before either Petty or Hackenberg has taken a single live snap. 

This ****ing team, man.  

Remember NY Jets where stranger things have happened. 

This ****ing team, man.  

i highly doubt he would trade sheldon for such an injury prone player.  

This ****ing team, man.  

Jets need O-line help in the worst way, and the Boys have a surplus of really good Oline.

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Something like that. 32 teams x 3 rounds = 96 picks. If no one is docked any picks, the earliest compensatory pick would be #97. If Cleveland isn't awarded a comp pick in round 3, though, then NE instead gets the Browns' natural 4th round pick (which looks to be the #1 pick in round 4) so really it isn't much of a difference either way.

I factored NE being caught cheating in their SB win - and losing a 1st and 2nd rounder - into my calculation.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This ****ing team, man.  

Well, I puked into my mouth.

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Especially when he called Geno a pussy for not going back into the game after he tore his ACL.

I am sure he was wondering as was I not if Geno was injured, but why he was standing on an injured foot/knee/ankle all game long, walking around as though nothing was wrong.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

i highly doubt he would trade sheldon for such an injury prone player.  

I highly doubted he would draft Christian Hackenberg in round 2 when he was mostly projected to go in rounds 4-7.

I highly doubted he would go all-out trying to trade Wilkerson for 2 offseasons and then hand him a $17M/yr long term deal.

I highly doubted he would offer Ryan Fitzpatrick about double what he was actually worth on the open market.

I highly doubted he would effectively trade a 4th, 5th, and a pair of 6th round picks by only picking up full UFAs - like Jarvis Jenkins for ****s sake - instead of veterans that were released.

I highly doubted a GM - who got the job by being an NFL scout - would be trading cheap, young picks for overpriced veterans with 1-3 years left in them (if even that). 

I'll bet you highly doubted I would keep this response to under 500 words.

The pitch is to Dallas you want to be the PATs say in the SB?. You can't do it without Sheldon since your Dline isn't good enough as it is currently constructed. If they buy that we need some things from them like either TE Whitten, Olineman since they are great there, and draft picks. I don't care if Sheldon is a 2 strike player. He is a top DE in this league and they don't grow on trees. Otherwise no deal. 

Though there is no contact with Bucs, I even thought Sheldon for QB Glennon and a high draft pick is a deal best for us. He is a FA after this season, but then we keep him from other teams, though would have to sign him(so that may be tricky since it is a committment). Lets face it, the main piece we need is a fairly proven QB and that deal gives us a good exp. QB propect and another high draft pick like at least a 2nd rounder. 

I know people would say these deals are asking too much, but hey you don't want the deals, we'll just hold onto Sheldon and maybe deal him in the off season, which won't help those other teams for this 2016 season if they don't want to deal.

Archived