trade deadline - Jets talking to cowboys

Dinamite

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Forget this year, imagine next year.

Geno gone.  Fitz gone.  Petty and Hackenberg and some draft pick all that's on the roster.

We will need a veteran backup who is comfortable in his role and comfortable in New York.  Mark Sanchez makes a ton of sense.  Cowboys don't need him.  We do.

SAR I

Hoyer and Glennon would be much better options than Sanchez and his level of qbs. Wouldn't the jets rather bring back fitz over Sanchez ? Lol.. fitz isn't going to have anywhere else to go, once again.. he will be cheap.. I hope hackenberg can be ready to take the #1

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i can hear the conversation b/t mccags and jones:  jones: "he was going 130 mph with a gun and a minor."  mccags:  "well, to be fair, the car does go faster than that, and the gun wasn't even fired..."

"Jerry you drafted a player under murder investigation of his ex carrying his unborn child " 

10 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Hoyer and Glennon would be much better options than Sanchez and his level of qbs. Wouldn't the jets rather bring back fitz over Sanchez ? Lol.. fitz isn't going to have anywhere else to go, once again.. he will be cheap.. I hope hackenberg can be ready to take the #1

AWXB3JTCAZY855BCA0OXO2LCAUH5AQACAQG.jpg

In 3 years on the 10th anniversary of the Back-To-Back AFC Finalists team, Mark Sanchez' number is going up in the Ring Of Honor.  So wouldn't it be cool if he were still in uniform on the sidelines when it happens?  It's better than signing him for a day, that move is a bit passe.

SAR I

It's become evident we only generate pressure consistently when we have 2 of the 3 DLinemen on the

field in a 3-4 alignment.  Therefore dangling Richardson out there makes sense, DAL REALLY needs

a defensive playmaker so I wonder if they bite

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I've been having this discussion with friends. I hope you are right, but I think we are lucky to get a 3rd rounder for Sheldon thanks to his off the field nonsense. 

BS..he's under contract next year unlike Collins who would have been a free agent after this season. 2 or nothing.

Just now, SAR I said:

In 3 years on the 10th anniversary of the Back-To-Back AFC Finalists team, Mark Sanchez' number is going up in the Ring Of Honor.  So wouldn't it be cool if he were still in uniform on the sidelines when it happens?  It's better than signing him for a day, that move is a bit passe.

SAR I

Teams celebrate AFC championship game "appearances" now ? Lol.. Only the jets.. who brag about a 10-6 season missing the playoffs because your qb choked in the big game. I know you have a very soft spot for mark Sanchez, and I admit he played well in the playoffs up until the afccg games. But he never took the step forward, he went the other way.. Happens to many qbs.. Maybe he can hope to have a career similar to fitz, find a way to survive. But don't think the jets are sentimental about mark Sanchez. MT and Rex are long gone. We do need to add a vet, Sanchez wouldn't be anyone's first choice but you never know.. 

I can envision a scenario similar to last yr. Jets would obviously prefer fitz over Sanchez, even just because he knows the system, etc. But like last yr, Mac was going to go with geno and his bargain salary, instead of breaking the bank for a career journeyman. If fitz plays that game again, Mac may defer to a cheap option like Sanchez who is not much of a drop off from fitz..

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sanchez is a wasted asset on the Cowboys and we need an experienced backup quarterback who is comfortable in New York next year to back up the kids.

Richardson for Sanchez and a 3rd should do it.

SAR I

Even as a troll job, this is just so mean. 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Romo would be an acceptable stop-gap while we try to find our future.. but I wouldn't want to pay him like he would probably want to at 35.

He would be fantastic for the first 5 games of the season before he breaks his clavicle, shoulder, knee etc.

Was he?  Would Petty never taking an NFL snap in his life got out of Cleveland with a win?

I don't know, just like you don't know...so why ask that question?

What, has no one ever come in without NFL snaps and won a game? Every time I hear excuses like 'he's got no experience' it's like nails on a chalkboard to me...if he never plays he'll never have experience...so I guess Fitz stays in forever or at least until we get another vet from somewhere with 'experience'....like with Geno, it might be sh*tty experience but that's better than no experience at all...right?

This is what happen when you let other teams set the market.  We did it in the off season with the Fitz contract, we let the pats gt in 1st with their ultra bargain basement trades and when we finally get around to making a push we are going to be left holding onto the player.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

This is what happen when you let other teams set the market.  We did it in the off season with the Fitz contract, we let the pats gt in 1st with their ultra bargain basement trades and when we finally get around to making a push we are going to be left holding onto the player.

Yes everyone expected the Pats to set the market. 

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Forget this year, imagine next year.

Geno gone.  Fitz gone.  Petty and Hackenberg and some draft pick all that's on the roster.

We will need a veteran backup who is comfortable in his role and comfortable in New York.  Mark Sanchez makes a ton of sense.  Cowboys don't need him.  We do.

SAR I

SAR I im speechless LMAFAO..........

Per Cimini:

It wouldn't make sense to trade Richardson for less than a second-round pick. That may seem low, considering he was the 13th pick in the 2013 draft, but teams are wary of him because of his off-the-field troubles -- two suspensions. Richardson also will be seeking a top-of-the-market contract extension after the season.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Where are you getting that from?

SAR I posted something excuse me I'm getting here late on this conversation. 

SiriusXM NFL Radio reports the Cowboys are interested in Dolphins DE Cameron Wake.

The Cowboys desperately need defensive lien reinforcements, but the Miami Herald considers a move unlikely. So do we. We'll get official word in less than an hour.

Archived