What are Todd Bowles positives?

Jetster

9 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

He's good at PR and has a professional demeanor....other than that, I got nothing

This 100%. He does not seem to be a good defensive guy, sounds like the team is walking all over him, his hiring of Gailey was a joke, and he seems to have no balls. = Recipe for bad HC.

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

His coaching wasn't good last year. He had many clock problems, too conservative game plans where we came back in 4th quarters against 31st ranked defenses like the Giants win. Look at the QBs we beat last year. 

Doesn't matter. The Coach's job is to win games.

He's had 1 good year and one bad year/ Just like Mangini, he needs a third year.

7 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Bowles has been the same coach this year as he was last year. The difference is his teams regressed. They've blown games this year they shouldn't have lost. The team just isn't that good. He has no QB, no secondary, no O-Line, his top players have been called out for dogging it. It's been a struggle in his second year. For everyone, not just him.

Coaches coach and players play. the stink of the Jets' 2016 season goes way beyond Todd Bowles. 

54 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Coaches coach and players play. the stink of the Jets' 2016 season goes way beyond Todd Bowles. 

Agreed. We need a roster overhaul. Get rid of the old slow starters. They produced a season like this, playing young guys next year can't possibly be worse.

Get hungry guys. If the team doesn't improve then get rid of Bowles. 

16 hours ago, Jetster said:

Forget last year it means NOTHING! We beat 2 teams with winning records & lost the most IMPORTANT game of the year by losing in Buffalo & missing out on the playoffs. 

So we moved on to the 2nd year under Bowles, knowing full well that we had a much tougher schedule. It's been a DISASTER! 

Give me 5 reasons other than the "continuity" excuse to keep these guys? Bowles-Gailey-Rogers? The trifecta of horrific. 

I'll give you a few of the incredibly negative things I've seen, 1- unprepared, 2- undisciplined- 3- players don't respect them. Those types of issues DONT get better, see Rex Ryan. Bowles is also conservative to a fault! He claims he's trying to win games & 3 times now he's punted when the correct decision was to go for it & try to win the game! 20 yards means nothing to this defense, it STINKS! 

I can't wait to read the many positives of keeping Bowles in 2017.

1. he holds his clipboard right side up.

2. his hat fits well

3.  will not need a whole new sideline wardrobe if we do not change coaches.

4.  he knew Bill Parcells.

5.  He is a Jersey guy.

16 hours ago, Jetster said:

Forget last year it means NOTHING! We beat 2 teams with winning records & lost the most IMPORTANT game of the year by losing in Buffalo & missing out on the playoffs. 

So we moved on to the 2nd year under Bowles, knowing full well that we had a much tougher schedule. It's been a DISASTER! 

Give me 5 reasons other than the "continuity" excuse to keep these guys? Bowles-Gailey-Rogers? The trifecta of horrific. 

I'll give you a few of the incredibly negative things I've seen, 1- unprepared, 2- undisciplined- 3- players don't respect them. Those types of issues DONT get better, see Rex Ryan. Bowles is also conservative to a fault! He claims he's trying to win games & 3 times now he's punted when the correct decision was to go for it & try to win the game! 20 yards means nothing to this defense, it STINKS! 

I can't wait to read the many positives of keeping Bowles in 2017.

1. he holds his clipboard lright side up.

2. his hat fits well

3.  will not need a whole new sideline wardrobe if we do not change coaches.

4.  he knew Bill Parcells.

5.  He is  Jersey guy.

I know you asked about positives.  I'm sure there are some but I'm not knowledgeable enough about coaching to tell you what they are.  I will say this though - Mo Wilk and Sheldon showing up late to meetings is a very bad sign.  Belichick never stands for that crap.  IIRC, they had a RB run for like 200 yards on a Monday night.  He showed up late to practice the next week.  BB marginalized the guy the rest of the year (including the Super Bowl that they won) and then traded him that offseason.  Obviously we don't have Tom Brady here so it's hardly apples-to-apples.  But I still don't think we're winning anything if the coach doesn't have the players respect him enough to show up to meetings on time.

Archived