We are beyond incompetence....

NoBowles

Here's the thing:

Every single season, in every single sport, the officiating is always as bad as it's ever been. We always say this. Everyone does. And that never changes, despite rule changes and replay being instituted in everything now. Maybe it's just the fact that we rely on human beings to evaluate objects that are constantly moving really fast and there is always going to be a high degree of error when that happens.

36 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Here's the thing:

Every single season, in every single sport, the officiating is always as bad as it's ever been. We always say this. Everyone does. And that never changes, despite rule changes and replay being instituted in everything now. Maybe it's just the fact that we rely on human beings to evaluate objects that are constantly moving really fast and there is always going to be a high degree of error when that happens.

I used to believe that, but watching the games this year, I honestly believe they are turning games in the direction they want. NFL is the ultimate greed machine, and they believe they are above everything. Watching the games today, its crystal clear who they want to win. They don't even try to cover it anymore. Hey, even the WWF is still popular.

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I used to believe that, but watching the games this year, I honestly believe they are turning games in the direction they want. NFL is the ultimate greed machine, and they believe they are above everything. Watching the games today, its crystal clear who they want to win. They don't even try to cover it anymore. Hey, even the WWF is still popular.

Officiating has always been a problem.  But it works both ways.  There were missed calls each way today.  

Please tell us how the Pats beating the Jets helps the NFL?  The better story would be the Jets winning. 

I didnt watch.  But if the crucial calls went the Cheats' way today, just be happy.  They did the Jets a favor.

Winning today would have just been a temporary high for some of you.  The Jets need a tackle, edge rusher, cornerback, or QB at the top of the draft... not a meaningless win.

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Officiating has always been a problem.  But it works both ways.  There were missed calls each way today.  

Please tell us how the Pats beating the Jets helps the NFL?  The better story would be the Jets winning. 

Can you imagine how sweet the ratings are going to be for Giants Pats III, going to be like Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant.

NFL has become a drug, and the drug addicts don't want to admit their drug is tainted.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Here's the thing:

And they ALL love to screw the Jets whenever they get a chance. Two pass interference calls were made in the New Orleans / Los Angeles game that were less obvious but made. Jets get no respect from zebras. BB was seen giving them "instructions" just before their TD drive.

39 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I didnt watch.  But if the crucial calls went the Cheats' way today, just be happy.  They did the Jets a favor.

Winning today would have just been a temporary high for some of you.  The Jets need a tackle, edge rusher, cornerback, or QB at the top of the draft... not a meaningless win.

I would like to give you 10 likes for this post, but they only allow one. I watched but I had NO anticipation of a Jets win.

48 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

What's more likely: There is a secret, systematic plan between the commissioners of every sport and the officials of every sport, similar throughout every league to fix games in favor of television ratings, and somehow the American public over the course of several decades has not found out about any of this; or people are just not that great at judging fast moving sports because the human brain and eye can only comprehend so much within 1-second time frames?

4 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

And they ALL love to screw the Jets whenever they get a chance. Two pass interference calls were made in the New Orleans / Los Angeles game that were less obvious but made. Jets get no respect from zebras. BB was seen giving them "instructions" just before their TD drive.

They don't all screw the Jets. Every team gets bad calls. Sometimes more happen in favor of the Jets, sometimes more happen in favor of someone else. Sometimes you see games with no bad calls, and sometimes you see games with lots of bad calls. That's how averages work.

They don't all screw the Jets. Every team gets bad calls. Sometimes more happen in favor of the Jets, sometimes more happen in favor of someone else. Sometimes you see games with no bad calls, and sometimes you see games with lots of bad calls. That's how averages work.

The bad calls are never against the pats

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What's more likely: There is a secret, systematic plan between the commissioners of every sport and the officials of every sport, similar throughout every league to fix games in favor of television ratings, and somehow the American public over the course of several decades has not found out about any of this; or people are just not that great at judging fast moving sports because the human brain and eye can only comprehend so much within 1-second time frames?

I watch a lot of NFL, NHL and MLB. I have never had a reason to believe the NHL or MLB was up to no good with their officiating, only the NFL, and only recently.Your point is very fair, but I don't see it as simply missing calls, I see it as missing calls for certain teams. I focussed on 4 games today, and 3 of them were dramatically influenced by the officials, and the calls were not missed on both sides, they were missed in favor of the teams who won in 3. I find it hard to believe that certain teams are just that much more disciplined than other teams, or the 1 second time frame makes it happen to one team more than the other. I don't think people want to think their beloved NFL is not on the up and up, and that is fine. I did not want to believe the WWF was staged either, and was devastated when my Pops told me.

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Can you imagine how sweet the ratings are going to be for Giants Pats III, going to be like Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant.

NFL has become a drug, and the drug addicts don't want to admit their drug is tainted.

No I can't. 

Why would the NFL go out of their way to put a universally hated Pats team into the SB?  And if they wanted it why would they have to do anything today?  

Sorry, i don't buy the conspiracy theories.  The refs just make mistakes.  

The Jets lost and we're what our record says we are . The fact of the matter is thou, It's hard to beat that team when you have to play them and the officials . Yesterday, the Pats and their officials came up with a new rule to by-pass hitting the returner after he called a fair catch . When is Pass interference not Pass interference, when you're a Jet receiver and you're interfered with during the execution of a pass route.

Revis is done ;

Wilkerson is hurt

Richardson is a smuck

Folks is a very nice guy  and I hope he gets a job somewhere else .

Ijalana is a decent OT ; He's not great, but he's serviceable and that last play was all on Fitzpatrick . A veteran QB in that situation shouldn't hold the ball that long .

Did we actually wait all season for Giacomini  ?

We are not a bad team, we just need a CB an OT and a QB .  It may have to be in that order with this coming draft .

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No I can't. 

Why would the NFL go out of their way to put a universally hated Pats team into the SB?  And if they wanted it why would they have to do anything today?  

Perfect villain story. No one cares if the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl.

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No I can't. 

Thats cool, your entitled to your beliefs. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

You mean the play where Gronk first pushed off his helmet to create separation in the first place? 

It's usually the second guy who gets the flag though. Especially if it's the mighty Gronk.

Just now, jamesr said:

It's usually the second guy who gets the flag though. Especially if it's the mighty Gronk.

He still pushed off and it wasn't called, so I'm not moved by the idea of this play being a gift from the refs. If not for the push off, there's no reason to (slightly) lock arms after that, and maybe it's picked off outright. 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

The Jets lost and we're what our record says we are . The fact of the matter is thou, It's hard to beat that team when you have to play them and the officials . Yesterday, the Pats and their officials came up with a new rule to by-pass hitting the returner after he called a fair catch . When is Pass interference not Pass interference, when you're a Jet receiver and you're interfered with during the execution of a pass route.

Revis is done ;

Wilkerson is hurt

Richardson is a smuck

Folks is a very nice guy  and I hope he gets a job somewhere else .

Ijalana is a decent OT ; He's not great, but he's serviceable and that last play was all on Fitzpatrick . A veteran QB in that situation shouldn't hold the ball that long .

Did we actually wait all season for Giacomini  ?

We are not a bad team, we just need a CB an OT and a QB .  It may have to be in that order with this coming draft .

Honestly, I would scout nothing but Olineman and CB's this draft. However, Mike Williams, the WR from Clemson, would be nice.

4 minutes ago, faba said:

Sorry the Jets are just not a good team the record speaks for itself- still Pats got away with a couple of pass interference calls on our receivers hitting them early

The fact that the Jets are not a good team, and the refs handed the Pats the game are not mutually exclusive. In addition to the ridiculous non call on our PI, while they called the exact same play against us, the Pats as usual got away with murder holding. I don't even care, I am actually glad the Jets lost, better draft pick, and less reason to play Fitzpatrick and higher chance of Bolwes leving, but watching football these days its like they don't even really try to hide it anymore, its beyond missing calls, they are flat out steering games now.

9 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

The fact that the Jets are not a good team, and the refs handed the Pats the game are not mutually exclusive. In addition to the ridiculous non call on our PI, while they called the exact same play against us, the Pats as usual got away with murder holding. I don't even care, I am actually glad the Jets lost, better draft pick, and less reason to play Fitzpatrick and higher chance of Bolwes leving, but watching football these days its like they don't even really try to hide it anymore, its beyond missing calls, they are flat out steering games now.

I'm getting totally disgusted with this.   It's clear to me sitting in the stadium.  Things you don't see on TV.  Pats players and coaches lobbying the refs all game.   the Q catch in the end zone, for instance, the refs were confused, flag thrown after two pats players ran up to them.

I think the only solution is for the owners to pay the money to hire full time refs.   There is certainly human error but I think there are other influences that are going on. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/ftw.usatoday.com/2016/11/nfl-officiating-full-time-referees-mike-pereira-dean-blandino/amp&ved=0ahUKEwj1v_Dp1cvQAhXL3YMKHRARCrAQFggnMAE&usg=AFQjCNEALu2KNrrxNcfhg6ppm7hAdQA3Ww&sig2=o5ny-PNcaG1r7TE-3Jq_tg

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Honestly, I would scout nothing but Olineman and CB's this draft. However, Mike Williams, the WR from Clemson, would be nice.

As of today, I'm targeting the OT from Wisconsin with our 1st round pick .

I would like to target a CB in the 2nd but would prefer to target an additional 1st rounder by trading our 2nd and maybe Richardson  for a 1st rounder and a 4th .  The rest of this season is dedicated to finding out if I offer a 2 yr deal to a certain hated QB now on injured reserve .If Bryce Petty or Christian  Hackenberg prove worthy of being a capable backup for 2017, that decision will have been made .

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Perfect villain story. No one cares if the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl.

The NFL makes billions off its regular season.  It's not risking that for some preceived gain by a handful of conspiracy theorists who believe the league has a motive for putting the Pats in the SB.  

People watch the SB, always have, always will.  They don't need to risk it all for this nonsense. 

58 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The NFL makes billions off its regular season.  It's not risking that for some preceived gain by a handful of conspiracy theorists who believe the league has a motive for putting the Pats in the SB.  

People watch the SB, always have, always will.  They don't need to risk it all for this nonsense. 

There's no risk at all. Lemmings will always dismiss the obvious.

8 hours ago, jamesr said:

Jets got away with a pretty obvious PI on Gronk earlier in the game.

as bad as getting away with tackling a player after he waived for a fair catch? as bad as spiller wearing their defender around his waist almost like a cape while he struggled to attempt to get to the ball? Don't even try to defend this officiating crew this was a very poorly called game strongly in the Patriots favor.

Archived