Devin Smith was actiavated 5 weeks ago

AFJF

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Package Devin with Sheldon to get that YMCA membership.

Dontcha think we could get a coupon for a free Racetrack coffee with that too? These Jets fans always tryna undersell their players. 

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

But I heard he was better than Beckham?

devin-smith-catch-9-1-121.gif?w=1000

We don't know what he is.  It would be nice to see him play.  Honestly, there's no reason to be playing Marshall at this point.  Petty seems to like going downfield with the ball, let's see what he can do with Smith and Andersen on the field together.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

We don't know what he is.  It would be nice to see him play.  Honestly, there's no reason to be playing Marshall at this point.  Petty seems to like going downfield with the ball, let's see what he can do with Smith and Andersen on the field together.

I agree there. Season is done. Smith should've been evaluated here. At least get him 50% of the snaps. If he was any good, it could tell what to do with Marshall, who will be gone in the off season I believe. 

Smith showed good hands and ball tracking in college.

He was a severe disappointment when he got playing time last year.  A 2nd round pick is worthless if all you do is run go routes, as shown by our guy this year you can get late rounder or udfa to do that.

Also smith committed one of the cardinal sins of a young new player, he turned the ball over and got hurt.  (Getting hurt is not his fault but in the grand scheme of things that doesn't matter).

He is going to have to come to camp next year and be outstanding or he gets filed into the lousy 2nd rounder portfolio.

They have to find ways to get him on the field if he's a full go. I want to see him out there running fly routes and drags, using his speed. He's active, I saw him actually make a nice Special teams tackle Saturday night on a kick return. I know we have 3 legit targets in Marshall, Enunwa, and Anderson, but there is no reason Devin Smith can't rotate in with these guys and show the coaching staff what he has. Even if the team feels Anderson has surpassed him, there is no reason we can't see what Devin Smith has this year. Its a lost year for him because of the injury but why not start working him back in now instead of waiting completely till next year to see what he has?

15 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Dude, he's not limited.  He can play.  He just hasn't regained his full explosion yet.  That will come with time.

He tore his ACL exactly one year ago.  Don't be a ******* moron.

So there is a way to make a point without the personal attack.

It doesn't matter at this point.  In the best case, he comes on and the Jets have another young receiver to mix in, and in worse case, he busts in a crowded WR corp with young potential.  

I didn't understand the pick at the time, and thought there was a more polished option at the time in Tyler Lockett, who went a round later.  You could put this pick on Macc, or you can wash it with the pick up of Robbie Anderson.  I guess it depends on your outlook.  

Or maybe he just sucks and Bowles is playing the better man? Nothing wrong with that. 

Sure throw him out there and see what he can do. But grading him would not be fair at this point.  My theory is they give him a full season to show his worth next year. No real need to give people ammunition for keeping him on the roster next season if he played these next few games. He would have been coming off acl surgery with no training camp and playing. Recipe for disaster. 

Archived