Todd Bowles Appreciation Thread

rex-n-effect

While it is generally a bad idea of keeping a revolving door at coach and gm. The coach needs to go. The fact that he has no control over the lockerroom and cant get effort out of his guys is crazy. Don't understand why he just doesn't bench the overpaid underperformers. Now its turned into cancer lockerroom. You will probably get the same results, but you know the young kids will be hungry and giving 100%. Its 3rd and 2 and revis is playing 10 yards off in his own island. Maybe he is practicing playing safety for next year...

31 minutes ago, rangerous said:

you keep a revolving door at the coach's and gm's position and woody may as well rename this team the browns.  maybe bowles isn't the answer but he's playing the hand he was dealt and apparently is dealing with some vets who are mailing it in.  no coach can be successful with too many cancers in the locker room.  and fitz, in hindsight may have been an error but how many fans really thought he wasn't going to build on what he had done last season?  not many.  and just about all fans knew that fitz would only be around until petty or hack were ready.  so in reality there is/was a 3 to 4 year rebuilding plan. this year's record is bad but maybe not so unexpected. if bowles has lost the locker room then he needs to go.  in spite of the bad game on saturday, i don't think he has.  he just has a whole bunch of players who don't know the defensive schemes or blocking schemes to go with a couple of cancers. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

you keep a revolving door at the coach's and gm's position and woody may as well rename this team the browns.  maybe bowles isn't the answer but he's playing the hand he was dealt and apparently is dealing with some vets who are mailing it in.  no coach can be successful with too many cancers in the locker room.  and fitz, in hindsight may have been an error but how many fans really thought he wasn't going to build on what he had done last season?  not many.  and just about all fans knew that fitz would only be around until petty or hack were ready.  so in reality there is/was a 3 to 4 year rebuilding plan. this year's record is bad but maybe not so unexpected. if bowles has lost the locker room then he needs to go.  in spite of the bad game on saturday, i don't think he has.  he just has a whole bunch of players who don't know the defensive schemes or blocking schemes to go with a couple of cancers. 

I'm sorry but the coach is supposed to manage cancers in the locker room... Consider him chemotherapy.  That's one of his many jobs.  To say "well the players are the problem" doesn't cut it.  The coach owns the players.  If they don't perform that is a direct reflection of the coach.  

We talk about a 3-4 year rebuild.  Does anyone really contemplate that the New England team in our division has won for the last 17 years.  Exactly which part of those years was a rebuild?  The truth is, great coaches can lead a team every year.  If Belichick was our head coach we would have at least 10 wins right now....guaranteed.

1 hour ago, afjetsfan said:

I love Bowles so much I wish he would coach the Cheaters (holy sh*t...the new england team auto corrects to the cheaters...brilliant).  No sense in him having to endure losing with the Jets when he can mastermind the Cheaters to victory.

It's possible you get half your wish.  

Bowles stays.  Woody becomes ambassador to Great Britain,  Moves the team there, NFL moves another AFC franchise to the Meadowlands, BOOM, The London Jets are born.  

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Until this team fixes its organizational structure and creates an identity, firing Bowles is meaningless.  It will not make a difference.  They may as well save the broken salary cost and guarantee the draft pick in 2018.  Anyone who walks into this mess will fail, and no one with half a brain will walk into it until they report to a real Director of Football Operations and Woody is completely hands off.

Bowles has done an awful job as coach.  At least defensively, the coaching was awful.  Who is the secondary coach?  I don't even know who it is, but whoever it is has been awful.   Rodgers has been awful.  There has been some great reporting today.  GGN reported that the Jets point differential is at a Kotite-era like point.  That is bad.  This team is bad.  The players are completely demotivated.  I also read somewhere that Wilkerson and Richardson basically tuned out after they saw Geno Smith get put on the backburner after Fitz was signed, even though he practiced all off season.  Does anyone think that Fitz' play this year was affected by not showing up at OTAs or working out?  After hearing that Hack was not working on his mechanics until the off season, does anyone think that was best use of time?  Why doesn't Bowles think it worth it to develop a QB during the season?  Does he have enough resources, or budget?  Why did Forte play, and not Powell?   Why is Marshall on the team?  Why did Devin Smith come off of IR and not play?  Who is behind all of these decisions?  

I don't think Bowles is turning this around, but some "unseen hand" is making the Jets worse then they actually are.

And Macc's picks and signings could have been better.  But they generally have been designed to fill holes and ensure that the Jets can still compete.

Real teams restock their offensive lines as they go.  But the Jets invested an enormous amount of money in OL (not Macc), so they did not have the room to invest more.  Draft picks?  I think he tried-Harrison was ridiculously bad (why draft someone in any round who does not like football).  Scherf was the pick in 2015, and the Redskins already picked him, so the Jets got Williams, a better player.  Why not get rid of the other two DL then?  Because someone would not let him.  What was going to help the Jets win today-a fast ILB and some OLBs, so that is what Mac picked.  Secondary and CB?  They already had those, even if they were not any good.  

I have no doubt that Bowles would be a better coach if someone was not interfering, although I do agree that he is not going to be a good headcoach of this team.

I have no doubt that Macc could pick a better roster if someone was not interfering, although he appears to lack the Steelers/Ravens touch in finding "mean" players.  I think mean players scare Woody.  

I think Woody will realize that his day has past.  He is seeking a graceful exit.  If I am him I am hiring a Football director to supervise Bowles and Macc, letting him read the scouting reports and approve the draft picks and helping to formulate a strategy.  Then he can fire one of both of them next year.   Casserly and Wolf should be ashamed of themselves-this was a defective organization.  This team needs another 20 better players, minimum.  That is several years, at best.

5 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I love Todd Bowles! I love this team! Like the other continuity fans on this board, this has been one of, if not my favorite season to watch Jets football! I had an absolute blast watching my guys fight to the death Saturday night before a National TV audience, just like they did against Indy, and KC, and Pit, and Sea, and Ari, all lead by our mastermind defensive genius of a HC. Rarely does one get the privilege of seeing a team put forth such an effort, let alone on more than one occasion! There is no better feeling waking up the next morning after getting your asses handed to you, and reading that our superstar DT cares only for where da hoez is at, then gets trotted out as a Captain. I agree with the continuity fans here as well and want Todd Bowles to be here forever. He is a great man, a great coach, and has done a great job! He is by far my favorite Jets coach of all time next to Richie the K.

I am a busy man anyway, I have no time for stupid wastes of time such as playoff games and Super Bowls.

I wanted to NOT like your post.  

I really did....

But reading about your feelings, which mirrored my own concerning our Star DT AND his where "da hoes at line" was just to much for me!!

Absoultely hilarious!!!!!! :)

13 hours ago, flgreen said:

Well, he's probably be quiet.

The angry mobs next year might be a distraction though.    

I have no doubt he would be quiet, but it wasn't even that. When we went to the town hall thing earlier in the year, it was inescapable that (real or perceived grudges against individual players notwithstanding) Bowles was just a supremely nice guy.  Sucky coach, but I wish my entire neighborhood was filled with Bowles and dozens of his clones. He is (or seems to be) the opposite of a lowlife douchebag.

So this being a Todd Bowles appreciation thread, I was just stating I appreciate that about him.

38 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

1. I don't read into your posts too much, and don't seek you out, so relax.

2. Second account? Rofl

Its all good my brother, all good. All I was saying is if you lived outside the Tri state area, and Bowles moved next door, it would mean he was fired from the Jets, which would be a good thing IMO. Sometimes I get out in front of my ski's too far :)

Second or third, whose counting :)

Just now, NoBowles said:

Its all good my brother, all good. All I was saying is if you lived outside the Tri state area, and Bowles moved next door, it would mean he was fired from the Jets, which would be a good thing IMO. Sometimes I get out in front of my ski's too far :)

Second or third, whose counting :)

I've lost count myself, but it hardly seems well spent time to look it up again lol.

The Jets sucking, as they so often do, can bring about bitterness in any fan. We don't all have the same ideas for what's in the team's best interest (whether short or long term). 

25 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I've lost count myself, but it hardly seems well spent time to look it up again lol.

The Jets sucking, as they so often do, can bring about bitterness in any fan. We don't all have the same ideas for what's in the team's best interest (whether short or long term). 

No doubt my brother, that is what makes message boards so interesting.

It could be 4, but definitely no more than that.

I'm willing to continue with both coach Bowels and GM other than Hack some of his drafts are making impact and are on the rise. Huge mistake on spending money on players that are past their prime now we have to bring in a qb not draft one from this year class but free agent I like Glennon and let's build that O line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived