Todd Bowles Appreciation Thread

rex-n-effect

Anybody here like Todd Bowles? 

The guy normally gets crucified at every mention but there must be some people down with TB. Thought it might make for a more rounded conversation if Bowles' proponents had space to make their case for Big Stoic's performance. I know my man @joewilly12 is down with Bowles but there has to be more. 

Please let some of the proponents post before dog piling.

I love Todd Bowles! I love this team! Like the other continuity fans on this board, this has been one of, if not my favorite season to watch Jets football! I had an absolute blast watching my guys fight to the death Saturday night before a National TV audience, just like they did against Indy, and KC, and Pit, and Sea, and Ari, all lead by our mastermind defensive genius of a HC. Rarely does one get the privilege of seeing a team put forth such an effort, let alone on more than one occasion! There is no better feeling waking up the next morning after getting your asses handed to you, and reading that our superstar DT cares only for where da hoez is at, then gets trotted out as a Captain. I agree with the continuity fans here as well and want Todd Bowles to be here forever. He is a great man, a great coach, and has done a great job! He is by far my favorite Jets coach of all time next to Richie the K.

I am a busy man anyway, I have no time for stupid wastes of time such as playoff games and Super Bowls.

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

I love Todd Bowles! I love this team! Like the other continuity fans on this board, this has been one of, if not my favorite season to watch Jets football! I had an absolute blast watching my guys fight to the death Saturday night before a National TV audience, just like they did against Indy, and KC, and Pit, and Sea, and Ari, all lead by our mastermind defensive genius of a HC. Rarely does one get the privilege of seeing a team put forth such an effort, let alone on more than one occasion! There is no better feeling waking up the next morning after getting your asses handed to you, and reading that our superstar Captain DT cares only for where da hoez is at. I agree with the continuity fans here as well and want Todd Bowles to be here forever. He is a great man, a great coach, and has done a great job! He is by far my favorite Jets coach of all time next to Richie the K.

I am a busy man anyway, I have no time for stupid wastes of time such as playoff games and Super Bowls.

RLLOL!

8 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I love Todd Bowles! I love this team! Like the other continuity fans on this board, this has been one of, if not my favorite season to watch Jets football! I had an absolute blast watching my guys fight to the death Saturday night before a National TV audience, just like they did against Indy, and KC, and Pit, and Sea, and Ari, all lead by our mastermind defensive genius of a HC. Rarely does one get the privilege of seeing a team put forth such an effort, let alone on more than one occasion! There is no better feeling waking up the next morning after getting your asses handed to you, and reading that our superstar DT cares only for where da hoez is at, then gets trotted out as a Captain. I agree with the continuity fans here as well and want Todd Bowles to be here forever. He is a great man, a great coach, and has done a great job! He is by far my favorite Jets coach of all time next to Richie the K.

I love you.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Bowles has an innate ability to grasp and project an array of emotions as only actors of the caliber of DiNiro, Gielgud, O'Toole, and Streep can master.  Here is Coach Bowles' various reactions after being asked a variety of questions (46 to be exact) by the NY Sports Press.  

635598840240641395-TODD-BOWLES.JPG

Guy never waivers. 

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Other than those Jet fans who succumbed to cardiac distress or stroke due to his gameday decisions, as well those related to starting Fitz over Petty, Coach Bowles has never intentionally caused another human to die.

Link?

Someone said "give the guy ONE LAST CHANCE" to prove he doesn't suck.

in-game decisions can be learned after review.

I mean, you guys were all supportive of Fitzpatrick and even Idzik. Give Bowles another season. Hell, his ineptitude improves the Jets draft position. That's a gift worth thanking him for.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

This should be sent to Woody.... friggin great. 

you keep a revolving door at the coach's and gm's position and woody may as well rename this team the browns.  maybe bowles isn't the answer but he's playing the hand he was dealt and apparently is dealing with some vets who are mailing it in.  no coach can be successful with too many cancers in the locker room.  and fitz, in hindsight may have been an error but how many fans really thought he wasn't going to build on what he had done last season?  not many.  and just about all fans knew that fitz would only be around until petty or hack were ready.  so in reality there is/was a 3 to 4 year rebuilding plan. this year's record is bad but maybe not so unexpected. if bowles has lost the locker room then he needs to go.  in spite of the bad game on saturday, i don't think he has.  he just has a whole bunch of players who don't know the defensive schemes or blocking schemes to go with a couple of cancers. 

Archived