embarrassed?

whodeawhodat

Havent been on much this past week with holiday stuff going on.  

I saw after the Cheaters game there was a back and forth with Sheldon and Brandon about being embarrassed and one saying the other should be embarrassed.  Anyone have any info into what this was about?  From the quotes it seemed that Brandon had something specific that Sheldon was calling him out on.

FWIW, they all should be embarrassed so not sure if this is the mouthpeices in our locker room stating the obvious.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays with their loved ones.

5 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I think Sheldon resents Brandon thinking himself a team leader when he really isn't. Marshall is a phony and I want him so far gone next year I would trade him to a semi-pro team in Alaska. 

I dont think he is a phony.  Seems to genuinely care about football and winning.  Supports his QB.  I def think he has grown from earlier in his career where a year like this one would have him walking around like a mushroom cloud hopping mutha ****a

6 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I think Sheldon resents Brandon thinking himself a team leader when he really isn't. Marshall is a phony and I want him so far gone next year I would trade him to a semi-pro team in Alaska. 

Meh. Marshalls been a good solider here imo. He knows his career is at its end and he seems pissed off about the lack of effort from certain guys. He actually had the balls to embarrass Revis in preseason for jaking it. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Meh. Marshalls been a good solider here imo. He knows his career is at its end and he seems pissed off about the lack of effort from certain guys. He actually had the balls to embarrass Revis in preseason for jaking it. 

agree.  At least what has been visible to fans he has been better than average in this department.  

Leaders have to perform. Marshall has had WAY TOO MANY EASY DROPS this year. Too many eye rolls. It's time to move on from these high priced Vets. We should be looking at at going REALLY YOUNG and let leaders EMERGE in the normal way instead of trying to bring in leaders through free agency.

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

I saw this too. Maybe he dropped trow ala mike singletary?

Hah! 

I think it's more likely he pointed his finger at a few specific people and they got really defensive about it... Like he says, some people do ok with getting singled out like that, but others get angry and shutdown... I would say Sheldon is the type who just shuts down and gets defensive and probably plays worse just to spite.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Leaders have to perform. Marshall has had WAY TOO MANY EASY DROPS this year. Too many eye rolls. It's time to move on from these high priced Vets. We should be looking at at going REALLY YOUNG and let leaders EMERGE in the normal way instead of trying to bring in leaders through free agency.

Then after that fails, we can hear about how the team needed to bring in some non-cheapie veterans to provide some leadership instead of trotting out a team full of n00bs and career failures. ;) 

I'm just having fun with you, but there's nothing wrong with bringing in some good, experienced veterans if they're the right ones or they're at the right positions a rebuilding team needs to concentrate on most.

Basically, on defense, I don't generally like it quite as much. It shouldn't be 11 recent draftees out there, of course, but Maccagnan went way overkill, signing such expensive players that they had little chance of getting benched even as younger draftees emerged. Every player knew his "place" from day 1 before any of them had yet practiced together.

On offense, since we were supposed to be getting a young QB (or 3) to emerge, I've got no problem with established WRs, good blocking/catching RBs, and experienced O-linemen. It's the main reason I was so pissed at wasting this WR corps on Fitz and some shot in the dark draftees that needed at least 2 years of clipboard holding apiece. Maccagnan acted like Marshall & Decker would repeat their 2015 season forever so there was no rush on getting a new QB onto the field.

10 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Hah! 

I think it's more likely he pointed his finger at a few specific people and they got really defensive about it... Like he says, some people do ok with getting singled out like that, but others get angry and shutdown... I would say Sheldon is the type who just shuts down and gets defensive and probably plays worse just to spite.

You're confusing that with Mo. Mo is the real garbage on our team and it's not even close. 

5 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Hah! 

Sounds like it to me, too. Heard enough post-game comments from him after games & he hasn't been one to point at people other than himself. Like when reporters were trying to get him to rip on Petty after the Rams game, he brushed that aside and said well maybe it's his fault Petty had a bad game. He's obviously had his own demons (though in his case there's a medical reason) but at least now he seems like a good guy. Maybe something else will leak out that will give me reason to feel otherwise, I guess. Happened with Mo for sure.

Between these 2, though: Marshall vs Sheldon

Which one (today) seems far more like a me-first douchebag that cares little about the rest of the team? The guy trying to take a leadership role during halftime - even if it didn't go over like he'd hoped - or the guy that says eff this team & posts it on snapchat, just weeks after his crappy attendance at team meetings was made public?

Gee, that's a tough one.

5 minutes ago, j4jets said:

You're confusing that with Mo. Mo is the real garbage on our team and it's not even close. 

If you want to judge them equally, it's close. I don't know that Sheldon is acting demonstrably better than pre-extension Mo. 

Let's see what Sheldon is like after he gets a gazillion dollar contract. He wasn't and hasn't been displaying such model behavior while trying to get the Jets (or anyone) to offer him one just like it.

Shame, really. They're both so freaking talented.

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Then after that fails, we can hear about how the team needed to bring in some non-cheapie veterans to provide some leadership instead of trotting out a team full of n00bs and career failures. ;) 

I'm just having fun with you, but there's nothing wrong with bringing in some good, experienced veterans if they're the right ones or they're at the right positions a rebuilding team needs to concentrate on most.

Basically, on defense, I don't generally like it quite as much. It shouldn't be 11 recent draftees out there, of course, but Maccagnan went way overkill, signing such expensive players that they had little chance of getting benched even as younger draftees emerged. Every player knew his "place" from day 1 before any of them had yet practiced together.

On offense, since we were supposed to be getting a young QB (or 3) to emerge, I've got no problem with established WRs, good blocking/catching RBs, and experienced O-linemen. It's the main reason I was so pissed at wasting this WR corps on Fitz and some shot in the dark draftees that needed at least 2 years of clipboard holding apiece. Maccagnan acted like Marshall & Decker would repeat their 2015 season forever so there was no rush on getting a new QB onto the field.

Veterans are what propelled the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Jet teams. 

Too many folk here have a gross misconception of what constitutes rebuilding. It's not just about replenishing the roster with young talent, it's also about reinvigorating the roster with accountability, passion, discipline, intangibles and example-setters... and for that, you need veterans. High character, productive veterans. Not just old, washed-up bums.

I don't think Mac's "competitive rebuild" philosophy is wrong. I think it's do-able, however, I think he's missed on a couple of the actual veterans he's anchored the approach with... and also had some bad luck. He's also not using the draft to acquire immediate impact players beyond round 1, nor should he be. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If you want to judge them equally, it's close. I don't know that Sheldon is acting demonstrably better than pre-extension Mo. 

Let's see what Sheldon is like after he gets a gazillion dollar contract. He wasn't and hasn't been displaying such model behavior while trying to get the Jets (or anyone) to offer him one just like it.

I think Sheldon is the guy that is always ready to throw punches. He enjoys the manhandling part of the game imo and that's why I believe he won't be mailing it in from the getgo after a massive contract like Mo(ther fcuker). 

Just now, j4jets said:

I think Sheldon is the guy that is always ready to throw punches. He enjoys the manhandling part of the game imo and that's why I believe he won't be mailing it in from the getgo after a massive contract like Mo(ther fcuker). 

He's been mailing it in pre contract. No one is giving Sheldon a big contract either, btw.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Too many folk here have a gross misconception of what constitutes rebuilding. It's not just about replenishing the roster with young talent, it's also about reinvigorating the roster with accountability, passion, discipline, intangibles and example-setters... and for that, you need veterans. High character, productive veterans. Not just old, washed-up bums.

I don't think Mac's "competitive rebuild" philosophy is wrong. I think it's do-able, however, I think he's missed on a couple of the actual veterans he's anchored the approach with... and also had some bad luck. He's also not using the draft to acquire immediate impact players beyond round 1, nor should he be. 

right.  every team has a bunch of free agent vets.  some teams , like green bay, shy away from signing free agents and prefer to draft the players they use.  teams can do this once they've built up a culture of winning. the other thing the good teams do is not get held hostage to a contract. wilk's contrct is a case in point. he may have played like a top 5 de in 2015 but he's not playing anywhere near that level now.  so basically they could've used a journeyman de at his position and nothing would've changed.  the nfl really needs to address the whole salary issue but that's another story. in the jet's case they need to plug some holes as well as getting the qb situation straightened out.

23 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Considering that Mo has been more productive than Sheldon, maybe Sheldon should start "mailing it in".

19 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Be as bitter about Mo as you like, Sheldon has been even worse this year, and at least Mo could (justifiably or not) use the injury recovery excuse.  Sheldon's only excuse is being a complete dipsh*t.  If this has been Sheldon not mailing it in, then he's going to be looking for a backup position next year.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Yep. Kind of what I was getting at with the lack of such players being the complaint if we went with an all-draftee lineup. Is there any doubt that would have been the gripe?

I think Mo has been playing injured all year but hasn't used it as an excuse.  A full off season of working out and rehabbing and I believe you will see the Mo of old.  Removing the cancer known as Sheldon won't hurt either.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yep. Kind of what I was getting at with the lack of such players being the complaint if we went with an all-draftee lineup. Is there any doubt that would have been the gripe?

Look at the Seahawks & try to emulate that rebuild. What big name free agents have they brought in? Everyone they tried was a failure, except for Graham who we all know is a stud. You can bring a few in after you've established a team with enough leaders.

We need a QB first & foremost. 

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Mo is overall garbage,  for sure.... But I think Sheldon doesn't do great with direct and public criticism... He gets defensive and it brings out the worst in him...

Which is fine. Whatever. It just means a coach or a teammate has to approach him a little differently... Not everyone responds to someone getting in their face about things. Some guys need to be calmly sat down separate, or they need to be encouraged more than blasted... 

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

No big Sheldon fan, but he did have a nice clothesline tackle on Legarrette Blount.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Look at the Seahawks & try to emulate that rebuild. What big name free agents have they brought in? Everyone they tried was a failure, except for Graham who we all know is a stud. You can bring a few in after you've established a team with enough leaders.

We need a QB first & foremost. 

They brought in some veteran RB. Some guy who'd previously fizzled out & was even benched at times in his 3rd year in Buffalo, before getting traded midseason of his 4th year. Some guy I recall doing kinda ok, around whom the entire Seahawks offense seemed to flow, a good year & a half before drafting Russell Wilson, and who helped keep the Seahawks defenses off the field as he went to 4 straight pro bowls. 

But you say he was a failure. Hm.

(You have to admit you lobbed one in for me there.)

All year long we have heard how the team isn't playing hard and isn't showing heart. Now people want to move on from Marshall because he rubbed some people the wrong way and is frustrated. Yes, he hasn't had a good year, but he will admit that. 

Bowles said it himself, he doesn't mind this kind of thing as it shows the players care. I think we should get rid of a bunch of vets for a variety of reasons. If we are rebuilding or for some other reason we move on from Marshall, fine. But, if anything, this would make me want to keep him longer just to show the rookies how to play/lead.

Winning cures all evils. But, just trying harder would cure Marshall's problem. Seems to me these players should be trying harder for themselves.

Also, two guys are in a disagreement, you don't know the facts, one of them is Sheldon, what conclusion do you jump too? I am all for the facts, but if I would rush to judge without the facts, got to go with NOT Sheldon.

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

At least with Mo there is a chance he still recovering from his injury.  maybe came back too soon to live up to the $$$ he is banking this year. On the other hand, i think every man has a breaking point and there is a chance that one or both of these guys have reached it to not give a **** either about this year or football in general.  

47 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Mo is overall garbage,  for sure.... But I think Sheldon doesn't do great with direct and public criticism... He gets defensive and it brings out the worst in him...

Which is fine. Whatever. It just means a coach or a teammate has to approach him a little differently... Not everyone responds to someone getting in their face about things. Some guys need to be calmly sat down separate, or they need to be encouraged more than blasted... 

Or you can find guys who know how to play hard on their own because its what they're paid to do.

15 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

At least with Mo there is a chance he still recovering from his injury.  maybe came back too soon to live up to the $$$ he is banking this year. On the other hand, i think every man has a breaking point and there is a chance that one or both of these guys have reached it to not give a **** either about this year or football in general.  

Well, we don't have a choice one way or the other. And the injury excuse is just that...an excuse. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He's been mailing it in pre contract. No one is giving Sheldon a big contract either, btw.

Well I wasn't inferring he will get a massive contract. I agree he hasn't played well and needs to play out of his mind next year to get a good contract (unless he gets released by the Jets this off season). 

51 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They brought in some veteran RB. Some guy who'd previously fizzled out & was even benched at times in his 3rd year in Buffalo, before getting traded midseason of his 4th year. Some guy I recall doing kinda ok, around whom the entire Seahawks offense seemed to flow, a good year & a half before drafting Russell Wilson, and who helped keep the Seahawks defenses off the field as he went to 4 straight pro bowls. 

But you say he was a failure. Hm.

(You have to admit you lobbed one in for me there.)

Exactly- How old was Lynch when Seattle brought him in? How old are Marshall & Forte and even Revis? Lynch was 24 years old when Seattle brought him in. Sorry, you failed Sperm. I'm talking about bringing in "older" free agents. The 3 guys we signed above are ancient compared to Lynch when Seattle gave him another chance.

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Or you can find guys who know how to play hard on their own because its what they're paid to do.

Hah, oh I agree... Playing in the NFL should be enough motivation... But we all know that's not the case so sometimes coaches need to figure out how to approach a few guys... I think it's hard to have a team full of only grateful players, unfortunately. 

It's funny, but I think this thing has been so over blown and misunderstood it's funny . A question was asked to Marshall about the performance of the team against the Cheaters and his response was embarrassing .  The Media then took that to Richardson and he took it personal and fired back at Marshall .  The media actually bated Richardson and he took the bait .What's worse, is the Fan base grabbed the stink that resulted from confusion and turned it into their truth .

Like I have always said, the media runs this organization . It controls the fans and what they think and say and the fans control how this owner makes decisions about his football team . 

Archived