My Odds of the Jets 2017 1st Round Draft Pick (Ver 1.0)

Sarge4Tide

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Teez Tabor is the truth.  I wouldnt be upset at all if they took him at 6.  Homer Florida fan aside, the guy is a game changer.  Not only can he shut you down but if you make a mistake, he'll make you pay with 6 the other way.  It will be interesting to see what he does at the combine because I view him as a Jalen Ramsey but with actual ball skills. 

That said, draft a ******* QB or a LT already.  Lets not make this trivial.  You dont have one, draft one.  Simple.  I'd take Watson or Kizer and let them battle it out with the other 2 losers.  Or if they're afriad, then take Robinson.  

Never draft a guy who decides to legally change his first name from Jalen to "Teez". 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would argue that Macc needs to draft a QB high to save his job. Right now he is tied at the hip to the Hack pick and the disaster that it's turning into. Let's face it, Hack is a long shot at this point to even be a back up in this league. Truth for the fans still in denial.

If he drafts another young QB who actually shows some promise, ppl will forget about the Hack pick. IMO, bringing in a vet like Romo and going 8-8 isn't enough to save Macc's job. He needs to show he's actually building a future.

58 minutes ago, section314 said:

We have ZERO impact players on offense, nobody that opposing teams even have to worry about. I would say that's a pretty damn pressing need. 

While that's not true at all, I can see why you'd think that. But a great QB takes average guys and elevates them. Great offensive lines make solid RBs better. Those are more pressing needs. If the Jets cut Marshall and Decker you may have an argument. That's not happening though. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

We have ZERO impact players on offense, nobody that opposing teams even have to worry about. I would say that's a pretty damn pressing need. 

Meh, with a good QB....Marshall, Decker, Enuwa and Anderson is a pretty potent group of WR's.  Bilal Powell is a flat out baller.  ASJ could be a monster if he gets his head on straight.  I actually think the WR's are the strength of this team right now.  I mean, hell, 2 years ago Decker and Marshall had one of the most prolific WR's duo seasons in the history of the NFL.

41 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

I would argue that Macc needs to draft a QB high to save his job. Right now he is tied at the hip to the Hack pick and the disaster that it's turning into. Let's face it, Hack is a long shot at this point to even be a back up in this league. Truth for the fans still in denial.

If he drafts another young QB who actually shows some promise, ppl will forget about the Hack pick. IMO, bringing in a vet like Romo and going 8-8 isn't enough to save Macc's job. He needs to show he's actually building a future.

Agreed.  Right now he's responsible for the worst QB situation in the NFL.  Clearly Hack isnt going to play next year and did you see enough in Bryce Petty to believe he's a long term solution?  If he takes a QB early and they're slightly competent, a lot of his faults will be forgiven and he probably extends his tenure despite this mess he's created.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

They will not be taking a QB in the first round.  Mac will bring in a vet to start next season.  Both Mac and Bowles know they cannot survive another season like this one.  I also think Mac believes in Hackenberg, but will not trust his job security on Hackenberg in 2017. Our starting QB is not yet on this roster and it will be a veteran.

Ya I don't think they grab a QB either... But I wonder if there will be a team on the board at 6 that might want to... A trade down would be nice... The Jets need to keep bringing in young talent. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Teez Tabor is the truth.  I wouldnt be upset at all if they took him at 6.  Homer Florida fan aside, the guy is a game changer.  Not only can he shut you down but if you make a mistake, he'll make you pay with 6 the other way.  It will be interesting to see what he does at the combine because I view him as a Jalen Ramsey but with actual ball skills. 

That said, draft a ******* QB or a LT already.  Lets not make this trivial.  You dont have one, draft one.  Simple.  I'd take Watson or Kizer and let them battle it out with the other 2 losers.  Or if they're afriad, then take Robinson.  

Tell us more, CrazySteve40.

Just now, JiF said:

Agreed.  Right now he's responsible for the worst QB situation in the NFL.  Clearly Hack isnt going to play next year and did you see enough in Bryce Petty to believe he's a long term solution?  If he takes a QB early and they're slightly competent, a lot of his faults will be forgiven and he probably extends his tenure despite this mess he's created.

I feel like it's more likely that he signs another journeyman as a stopgap until next years draft, when there are more highly touted QBs. I think if he's drafting one early he didn't have a great offseason to that point.

I could see him getting a average QB that would help the Jets improve next year and save his job with an eye on the 2018 QB class... If you look at mocks there are some highly praised QBs in the top 10, 15, and even 20... So they would in theory have some options next year... 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Tell us more, CrazySteve40.

That's not fair at all.  I give honest assessments of the Gators players and dont back them all blindly in the drat and in the league.

Me saying Teez Tabor is a bad ass isnt ground breaking considering he's going to be a top 10 pick.

For example, I think I was worried about Jordan Reed's hands when he entered the draft.  Pretty wrong on that one.  I also said that Neal wasnt a first round pick and he's basically everything you were told Calvin Pryor would be. 

So there! 

3 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I feel like it's more likely that he signs another journeyman as a stopgap until next years draft, when there are more highly touted QBs. I think if he's drafting one early he didn't have a great offseason to that point.

I could see him getting a average QB that would help the Jets improve next year and save his job with an eye on the 2018 QB class... If you look at mocks there are some highly praised QBs in the top 10, 15, and even 20... So they would in theory have some options next year... 

I've predicted the return of Ryan Fitzpatrick since the day they handed him the starting job and I'm not shying away from the prediction.  If I'm betting man, this Fitz>Petty> Hack for all of 2017.  That's not what I think should happen, it's not what I would do but this is the Jets were talking about. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've predicted the return of Ryan Fitzpatrick since the day they handed him the starting job and I'm not shying away from the prediction.  If I'm betting man, this Fitz>Petty> Hack for all of 2017.  That's not what I think should happen, it's not what I would do but this is the Jets were talking about. 

Yes that would be horrid, but I'd also maybe shrug it off after I calmed down depending on what he signs for... If he says "Sure I'll go in and compete for a spot to be a 1 year stop gap for 5 million."... That would be OK with me I guess... I mean I'd probably roll my eyes and laugh and shake my head, but if that's what was left on the table and they were smart with their money, then meh...

If it's that kind of a deal or 12 million guaranteed for 3 years of Kaprenick or some nonsense, I'd take the Fitz deal.

No idea about contracts, but I think you get what I mean.

2018 is the QB draft by all accounts... Of course MM and TB want and need to do well enough to get to the point where they can be drafting for the Jets in 18'...

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

Yes that would be horrid, but I'd also maybe shrug it off after I calmed down depending on what he signs for... If he says "Sure I'll go in and compete for a spot to be a 1 year stop gap for 5 million."... That would be OK with me I guess... I mean I'd probably roll my eyes and laugh and shake my head, but if that's what was left on the table and they were smart with their money, then meh...

If it's that kind of a deal or 12 million guaranteed for 3 years of Kaprenick or some nonsense, I'd take the Fitz deal.

No idea about contracts, but I think you get what I mean.

2018 is the QB draft by all accounts... Of course MM and TB want and need to do well enough to get to the point where they can be drafting for the Jets in 18'...

I just think at the end of the day, we're going to hear...Ryan Fitzpatrick give us the best chance to win.  

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's not fair at all.  I give honest assessments of the Gators players and dont back them all blindly in the drat and in the league.

Me saying Teez Tabor is a bad ass isnt ground breaking considering he's going to be a top 10 pick.

For example, I think I was worried about Jordan Reed's hands when he entered the draft.  Pretty wrong on that one.  I also said that Neal wasnt a first round pick and he's basically everything you were told Calvin Pryor would be. 

So there! 

I said Kizer should have stayed another year. I'm growing in 2017!

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

I just think at the end of the day, we're going to hear...Ryan Fitzpatrick give us the best chance to win.  

I was encouraged to hear Ryan Fitzpatrick himself say that he doesn't imagine he'll be a starter in the NFL next season. I'm hoping he knows something you don't. 

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Didn't say he was. But I can totally see Macc doing it. Geno Smith wasn't a reason. It was done. Etc. etc. 

put it another way, at 6 the Jets will more likely face a board without a top 5 QB on it rather than passing on a top 5 Qb that falls. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

I was encouraged to hear Ryan Fitzpatrick himself say that he doesn't imagine he'll be a starter in the NFL next season. I'm hoping he knows something you don't. 

I must have missed that quote.  I would say that's encouraging but I still envision him taking the snaps week 1.

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Jets 1st Round Draft Pick Odds

Ver 1.0 (Jan 3, 2017)

Odds based on Jets staying at the #6 pick

1. Deshaun Watson QB Clemson    7-1
  2. Cam Robinson OL Alabama    8-1
  3. DeShone Kizer QB Notre Dame    8-1
  4. Dalvin Cook RB FSU    9-1
  5. Leonard Fournette RB LSU    11-1
  6. Mitch Trubisky QB North Carolina    12-1
  7. Mike Williams WR Clemson     14-1
  8. Jalen Tabor CB Florida     17-1
  9. Jamal Adams SS LSU    18-1
  10. Jonathan Allen DE Alabama    20-1
  11. Myles Garrett  DE TAMU    22-1
  12. Field    26-1

No chance for 1, 3, 6....we are NOT drafting borderline 2nd round QB with the number 6 pick

4-5....no thanks.  This is a DEEP RB draft.  Why waste a 6 on a RB?

10-11....will be gone

2. May not be good enough to play LT in the NFL, and that is what we need.  An LT, not an RT.

7. Would be interesting but would get DESTROYED by the NY media.

9.  No safety not named Peppers is worth the number 6.

Take all QBs off the list,  We are 'developing' Hackenburg.  We won;t even draft any of those QBs in the 2nd round if they fall.
I like Cook a lot and would far rather have him than fournette.  Although not the exact same type of backs I view Cook as Elliot and Fournette as Henry from last year,
I want no part of Peppers at all.  We just drafted a small 'play making' hybrid player last year.  What position does Peppers play?  I am sick of hybrids.  I can see us taking a Cb for sure if one separates himself from the pack,

Nonsense. The best way to develop Hack is to give him time to develop. You do that by drafting Watson, who will start day one. Then Hack can develop all he wants. If Watson fails after a couple years maybe then Hack will be ready.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Tabor is the real deal and would solidify the CB position. 

He is, but with some of his off-field issues, this kid could slide down the draft board into the 2nd round, or farther.  Imagine picking him up with our 2nd pick?  It could finally break our curse at that position!

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

He is, but with some of his off-field issues, this kid could slide down the draft board into the 2nd round, or farther.  Imagine picking him up with our 2nd pick?  It could finally break our curse at that position!

Oh really?  What are his off field issues?

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'll say this for Peppers. Michigan's defense looked completely helpless without him. You talk about leadership for this team, Peppers could be a strong leader

Jabril Peppers was a great high school football player who played in NJ this kids been destined to be an NFL star since his freshman year in high school 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh really?  What are his off field issues?

Failed drug test... (refusal to take test, which is basically a failed test)

Fight(s) with teammates

Says some pretty dumb sh*t on social media....Sound familiar?

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Failed drug test... (refusal to take test, which is basically a failed test)

Fight(s) with teammates

Says some pretty dumb sh*t on social media....Sound familiar?

Those are some serious off field issues.  lmfao

He's not falling out the 1st round.  

No chance for 1, 3, 6....we are NOT drafting borderline 2nd round QB with the number 6 pick
10-11....will be gone
2. May not be good enough to play LT in the NFL, and that is what we need.  An LT, not an RT.

All last year all I heard was the suck for Watson campaign. He goes and has another solid season at Clemson and now he's 2nd round talent. People like you are like peasants looking in a high end jewelry shop window saying "no, that giant diamond ring is far too ugly for me to wear!"

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Tabor has serious question marks.  He is far from being the surefire thing that a Patrick Peterson was.  He will absolutely light up the combine, and he has prototypical speed/breaking speed/fluidity like Dee Milliner.  He also has major technique issues in coverage, so he will be a project for a few years...  Some off the field problems + work ethic problems and well its hard not to see bust potential like Milliner again.

Still he is one of the few number 1 cb potential players in this draft and I expect that he might be high up on the Jets board..

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

10-11....will be gone

I'm sure the Cowboys are distraught they wasted their pick last year.

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm sure the Cowboys are distraught they wasted their pick last year.

If the Jets had the QB situation and the offensive line the Cowboys had that'd be a smart pick. The Jets are more like the the Rams and Todd Gurley. Great talent but wasted behind a bad line and constantly seeing stacked boxes. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If the Jets had the QB situation and the offensive line the Cowboys had that'd be a smart pick. The Jets are more like the the Rams and Todd Gurley. Great talent but wasted behind a bad line and constantly seeing stacked boxes. 

No doubt but you improve the line over a couple of years and some other team has a davin cook.  Also as I've said often the cowboys had 4 wins the year before this one with the same great oline.  Also look at how Powell did the last games of the year. 

In any case I am all ready prepared for us to take a CB.

Archived