New York Jets top three positional needs for the 2017 offseason

matt castillo

Hey, guys might have not mentioned this is my first post but I am a writer for elitesportsny.com I cover the New York Jets, Knicks, and Yankees. This is my latest article on the New York Jets and the areas they should focus on for next season. would love to hear from you guys tell me what you think. 

This is the first page of story its is set up as a slide show for full story click here https://elitesportsny.com/2017/01/18/new-york-jets-top-three-positional-needs-2017-offseason/

The 5-11 New York Jets have many holes to fill heading into the offseason. Here are the top three positional needs for Mike Maccagnan.

After the disastrous 2016 season for the 5-11 New York Jets, general manager Mike Maccagnan and the rest of the suits in the front office will have a busy off-season trying to improve this team.

New York Jets top three positional needs heading into 2017 offseason Jets  1a1a1leaguecenterJetsRIGHT-1-282x400

Changes have already been made with their coaching staff, as the Jets have parted away with six assistants coaches. They are attempting to find the right coaching personnel to change the culture of the organization.

Also, reports are stating that the New York Jets are most likely heading to a massive overhaul towards their roster. One thing is for sure: Gang Green will look very different next year.

This team has multiple position needs, but what are the most important team needs for the Jets?

Here are the three most important areas that Maccagnan should focus on in an attempt to fix the bumbling Jets:

full story here 

https://elitesportsny.com/2017/01/18/new-york-jets-top-three-positional-needs-2017-offseason/

I think if you really want an opinion on the content then you should post the content, way too many ads on that site to be readable but you asked for feedback and you shall receive;

QB, OL and DB's are obvious needs for the Jets so that is good, but not really news, maybe provide some ideas on how and why you think additions and changes will help, maybe a few ideas on solutions, what would you do in Mac's shoes... 

also as a self proclaimed Jets fan, you can remove the sensationalist negativity (no more Manish needed)   "bumbling Jets" may be true but not needed, your readers are fans and we know how the season went and what the basic needs are, try to provide something we don't know and the article would be more appealing 

i saw the slideshow earlier.  those needs are pretty basic and when you get down to it, just about every nfl team needs the same.  not to diss the work or anything but imo this group is starved to actual and verifiable information.  no more unamed jets sources.  one of the real hot buttons is hack.  is he truly as bad as the moron manish wants everyone to believe?

The Jets aren't in a situation where specific needs are required.   What they need - is to start over.  There's nothing they can do this off-season to make this team competitive next year.  It's not a situation where they can fill 3 holes and be a playoff contender.  

Get rid of everyone over 30, build a young o-line that you can keep together for at least 4 or 5 years and keep trying to find a QB.

That's what the Jets need to do.

Top 3 needs...easy...

Offense, Defense, Special Teams.  Oh...and Coaching staff.  Oh...we need some more loyalty from the ballboys it seems.  Ours aren't willing to 'do what it takes'.  Our beer concession workers are awesome though.

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The Jets aren't in a situation where specific needs are required.   What they need - is to start over.  There's nothing they can do this off-season to make this team competitive next year.  It's not a situation where they can fill 3 holes and be a playoff contender.  

Get rid of everyone over 30, build a young o-line that you can keep together for at least 4 or 5 years and keep trying to find a QB.

That's what the Jets need to do.

Start over is right.  Even the few positions we don't need to immediately fill, we'll need to address before 2018.

If you imagine what current starters will need to be replaced within the next 2 off seasons, it's pretty bleak.

LT, RT, Mangold, Forte. And Marshall.

On D, Harris, both corners, and Gilchrist.  

And with all that, we still haven't even covered the two most important positions in football, QB and pass rusher.

No more short cuts.

Maybe it's easier to start with who of the current starters would you think has a good shot to still be on the team and productive in 3 years? 

The list gets hard after Williams, Enunwa, Mo, and maybe Winters, Lee and Powell.  I could easily see half our starters turning over in the next 2 years. 

We are not adding enough impact players through the draft.  We can't keep completely missing on our second rounders.  Not saying that they need to be Pro Bowlers.  Heck not even saying they need starters.  Just find a player that can do something.

Last draft, both GB and Hou traded up in front of us to take Spriggs OT, and Nick Martin, a center.  It was obvious to the fans and to opposing front office how bleak kur OL was.  But we were too focused on taking a QB that had no business being drafted that high and was no where near ready to do anything.  While Martin was injured in camp, Spriggs started the whole season with GB.  We sure could have used a very young starting tackle.

Archived