Talking about Glennon with huge Bucs fans at SB party...

HighPitch

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

My images are only to support what I have "seen", and is only used to show other Jets fans that maybe they should go watch his games instead of talking about what his coach did before even meeting Glennon. 

I care more about the Jets signing Glennon. Any poster here looking to have me consider their position should watch him play so they can give me something in depth about his game that I can then go look at. 

That never happens. All I hear at best are false statements about 50/50 balls, being bad in the pocket and inaccuracy. However, when I respond with specifics along with gifs for further clarification, people get defensive talk about "my love" or use my words like "he's a beast" instead of supporting their position by proving it.

So I don't expect that anything I say will make you go and watch. If you wanted to you would have already before commenting on a guy you haven't seen much of. 

Okay, you gave your contract parameters.  I think they are incredibly optimistic, but you gave them.  Here is serious question #2.  If Glennon is so good, why didn't any teams make a move for him? He was supposed to be on the market, but nobody bit. 

I am not one of those guys  that thinks this means the guy will be out of the league, but it certainly means that the value other teams place on him might not be crazy high.  I assume the Bucs wanted more than the 4th or so they would probably end up as a comp pick, so then the question is why didn't anybody offer a 2 or 3?  The Jets burned a 2 on Hackenberg.  It certainly seems that resource may have been better used on Glennon, but it probably means the Jets see Hackenberg with considerably more upside.  I also tend to think that teams are not as impressed with his play as you.  My big question mark is the number of sacks that he takes.  He may be holding the ball too long.  I don't know that all his balls were 50-50 balls to great WRs, but teams also may discount some of his TDs because he threw a bunch to big dudes that are good in the red zone.  I mean discount the way I discount Sanchez throwing a bunch of TDs to Plaxico even though neither was part of a coherent offense.  Finally, his won-loss percentage is pretty bad.   I don't hold that against him so much in the "he can't win way" but in the the Bucs are down big, so teams are going to give up yards and points without caring as long as it kills a big of clock.  Outside of Pittsburgh in 2014, it appears his biggest games were when they were getting crushed. What do you think is thought process of  NFL GMs?

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Okay, you gave your contract parameters.  I think they are incredibly optimistic, but you gave them.  Here is serious question #2.  If Glennon is so good, why didn't any teams make a move for him? He was supposed to be on the market, but nobody bit. 

I am not one of those guys  that thinks this means the guy will be out of the league, but it certainly means that the value other teams place on him might not be crazy high.  I assume the Bucs wanted more than the 4th or so they would probably end up as a comp pick, so then the question is why didn't anybody offer a 2 or 3?  The Jets burned a 2 on Hackenberg.  It certainly seems that resource may have been better used on Glennon, but it probably means the Jets see Hackenberg with considerably more upside.  I also tend to think that teams are not as impressed with his play as you.  My big question mark is the number of sacks that he takes.  He may be holding the ball too long.  I don't know that all his balls were 50-50 balls to great WRs, but teams also may discount some of his TDs because he threw a bunch to big dudes that are good in the red zone.  I mean discount the way I discount Sanchez throwing a bunch of TDs to Plaxico even though neither was part of a coherent offense.  Finally, his won-loss percentage is pretty bad.   I don't hold that against him so much in the "he can't win way" but in the the Bucs are down big, so teams are going to give up yards and points without caring as long as it kills a big of clock.  Outside of Pittsburgh in 2014, it appears his biggest games were when they were getting crushed. What do you think is thought process of  NFL GMs?

I can't answer that question. I also can't answer why teams thought Prescott was a 4th round talent. 

Alot of the time people notice things after the fact....hindsight. when there is no hindsight then it's not as evident. How many people would have given whatever the Bucs requested if they knew for sure that Glennon would have a Steve Young HOF career?

What would possess the Bucs to get rid of Young, furthermore, why was no other teams interested?

I can't answer the unanswerable. What I can say is that if I was John Idzik Glennon would have been a Jet. If I was Mike Maccagnan, Glennon would have been a Jet.

There was a guy in Green Bay management that felt the same about Favre, no team felt as strongly.

Now I'm not comparing Glennon to the HOF'ers but to their situations and how only with hindsight how trading for those guys were so simple. In the moment though teams weren't lining up willing to give up whatever the request was.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I can't answer that question. I also can't answer why teams thought Prescott was a 4th round talent. 

Alot of the time people notice things after the fact....hindsight. when there is no hindsight then it's not as evident. How many people would have given whatever the Bucs requested if they knew for sure that Glennon would have a Steve Young HOF career?

What would possess the Bucs to get rid of Young, furthermore, why was no other teams interested?

I can't answer the unanswerable. What I can say is that if I was John Idzik Glennon would have been a Jet. If I was Mike Maccagnan, Glennon would have been a Jet.

There was a guy in Green Bay management that felt the same about Favre, no team felt as strongly.

Now I'm not comparing Glennon to the HOF'ers but to their situations and how only with hindsight how trading for those guys were so simple. In the moment though teams weren't lining up willing to give up whatever the request was.

Prescott's DUI pushed him down in projections.

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So, no negatives in your opinion?  

BTW, that guy wasn't in Green Bay management when Favre was drafted.  He was with the Jets. 

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

You're right.. Glennon is your guy, we got it.

Vil.jpg

Neck is too short. 

I'm done. Seems like you are too. 

Terrible exit strategy. I've called you on every empty post thus far, and been treated to a number backpedalling bs posts.

I get it. You believe in Glennon. We all get it. Problem is, you resorted to a childish "well yooouuuu" caliber post when I challenged the validity of your hero.

Keep playing in your sandbox if it so pleases you, but don't think you can bend me over with that amateur crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm done. Seems like you are too. 

Terrible exit strategy. I've called you on every empty post thus far, and been treated to a number backpedalling bs posts.

I get it. You believe in Glennon. We all get it. Problem is, you resorted to a childish "well yooouuuu" caliber post when I challenged the validity of your hero.

Keep playing in your sandbox if it so pleases you, but don't think you can bend me over with that amateur crap.

Just now, Paradis said:

Wow, you really are salty over my comment.

Well, let me apologize for my actions. I should have never asked the question regarding a quarterback you like. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Fitzpatrick again I see. Some people never learn

Bridge year. Him, Hack, and Petty battle it out. Hack and Petty hopefully outplay him and it becomes moot. See both guys in real action in 2017. Gear up to grab a real QB in 2018. Seems perfect to me. Saves money and time. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Bridge year. Him, Hack, and Petty battle it out. Hack and Petty hopefully outplay him and it becomes moot. See both guys in real action in 2017. Gear up to grab a real QB in 2018. Seems perfect to me. Saves money and time. 

We've had enough of these bridge years. And it wastes money and time, just look at last two years.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We've had enough of these bridge years. And it wastes money and time, just look at last two years.

This is a bad team with a barren roster that is 2-3 years away from serious contention. Might as well use those years wisely this time and see what they have in the QBs they drafted, one highly, on the roster. Glennon is an expensive bridge. He's not a franchise QB and he's not the difference maker to elevate this team. 

Wow, you really are salty over my comment.
Well, let me apologize for my actions. I should have never asked the question regarding a quarterback you like. 

Don't give me guff for holding you accountable for juvenile remarks. I've seen your work. You're better than that. Other posters, ehhh not so much. But I hold you at a higher standard than some meandering Lynch remarks that hold no weight.

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This is a bad team with a barren roster that is 2-3 years away from serious contention. Might as well use those years wisely this time and see what they have in the QBs they drafted, one highly, on the roster. Glennon is an expensive bridge. He's not a franchise QB and he's not the difference maker to elevate this team. 

What about signing Glennon to allow him to develop chemisty with the young receivers while the rest of the roster is assembled?

The LG is in place, the RG is in place, in all likelihood the RT is in place.  I think they draft a center or go with Johnson, which means the center should be in place.  

They have Decker, Q, Robby, Peake  and Jalin and I"m assuming they draft a TE.  All but Decker may be here for the long term.

Why take a season or two to let them work with Hoyer or some other bridge guy who won't be around when the roster is (hopefully) re-built, and get a QB who will be around for a while, putting him together with several targets who will also be around for a several years?

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

If it was that easy then simply draft a franchise QB. 

What you said here isnt wrong....but are you saying that you dont sign solid starters even though you've been doing a piss poor job at drafting QB's? 

Pete Carroll was killing the cap when he decided to sign Matt Flynn, but benched him the moment he realized that he had found a QB in the 3rd round...because at that moment he realized that it didnt matter about the money he gave Flynn. However, even Pete Carroll knew that you sign QB's who could help you until you find that Franchise QB. 

Truth be told, the Jets wouldnt have to worry about this signing situation if they would have given up a 3rd or 2nd round pick a couple years back and actually traded for Glennon while he was still under his rookie contract. They didnt, probably because they felt like the picks are more important than the money when dealing long term...which there's some validity there given that you build your teams through the draft given how cheap it is across the board for the amount of players you can receive.

So if thats the route they went then they should spend the money since they've saved the draft picks.

they also may not have traded for him because the price was much higher that reported or they just weren't that into him

I would be fine with then signing him, I just think you are better off drafting and developing a QB

20 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

By this logic there was no need for a bridge last year then since we should have seen what Geno could do given that he was on his last year of his deal.

Jets fans can stick to cheap bridge QB's. I'd rather take a chance on a guy who could possibly end the drought. 

Anyone who supported that Fitz nonsense last year has no valid position in my opinion to say what Glennon is or isn't when it comes to elevating this team at that position. Especially when they will then go from that to considering Josh McCown. 

That's just out of control.

Archived